92 Picton St
Niagara-On-The-Lake, ON L0S 1J0Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zees.ca/
- Phone: 9054685715
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 8:00am - 10:00am; Lunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm (May-Nov) (Closed Dec-April (except holidays); Dinner: Sunday to Friday: 5:00pm - 830pm, Saturday: 5:00pm -9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Dobbie
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer O'Connor 905-468-3369
A word from Zees Grill
Zees Grill at the Shaw Club Hotel and Spa is Niagara-on-the-Lake's newest hot spot, featuring classic nostalgic food updated with a whimsical twist. Across the street from the Shaw Festival Theatre and with the largest patio in Niagara, every detail of this exciting new restaurant will surely tickle your senses and tantalize your taste buds. Our award-winning chef has created an array of dishes that are as delicious as they are inventive. At Zees, fine dining meets fun dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Zees Grill - Best Restaurants in Niagara-on-the-lake ›
Zees Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
266 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (201)fit for foodies (121)neighborhood gem (105)great for lunch (102)special occasion (88)romantic (60)scenic view (53)notable wine list (46)great for brunch (42)good for groups (39)hot spot (19)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Our Birthday/show dinnerFoodieDined on 10/17/2014This was our second visit to Zee's ( one lunch, one dinner). We enjoyed the food and service. We attended with NOTL residents who often frequent the Restaurant. It certainly met our requirements and lived up to our expectations...we shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dinner in NOTLNotthewinesnobDined on 10/11/2014Great restaurant in the heart of downtown NOTL. Every dish was amazing. Both taste and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We had a delicious meal. The service was professional. The seating area was comfortable and pleasant. It was a great time and we'd highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SKMDDined on 10/10/2014Always good We love the food and wine The service is good and we go several times a yearSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GetawayDined on 10/10/2014We both started with the green salad - it was perfect. I had the lobster poutine - delicious and my husband had the tuna - he really enjoyed it. Service was outstanding. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2014Have been here many times before before or after the theatre. Menu seemed limited this time, service extremely slow and poor--requested sauce from waiter--he never brought it, soup was not hot. People that came in after us were served first and waiter said it from was different part of kitchen. Overall, unless there is an improvement--would not eat here again. Sad>Special Features:
- Across from Shaw Festival theaternewuser25Dined on 10/5/2014Used TripAdvisor for reviews of this restaurant. Reserved through Open Table, easy & for first time (and get points)! Ate on outdoor terrace that was covered. Locally sourced salad was delicious. Haven't gone deli in a while. So, The Reuben was great, its bread was amazingly tender, and the housemade sauerkraut was great (not too bland and not too bitter). Only major complaint was the sluggish service by the waitress. On OpenTable reservation, we indicated, via comment, that we were going to see the 2:00 PM show. The waitress wasn't paying attention to our verbal reminder of that show. She served other customers, who were sitting there. Meanwhile, we were trying to get her attention, and the bill. The time was getting close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunchtime go to restaurantLolly1960Dined on 10/3/2014Elegance and great food in a comfortable setting. Location to Shaw Festival theatre is a big bonus for matinee and evening theatre goers. The patio is well placed for small and large groups. Clean lines and comfortable modern decor highlights original art. Less marks for the food experience. The lobster poutine was disappointingly salty with cold large curds and a spar situ of lobster, though on a previous occasion it was stellar. Hope other entrees present more consistently. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Great outdoor patio with a wonderful ambiance. Food was one of the best on a two week trip. Our server was very pleasant and helpful. Love this place.Special Features:
- An excellent start to our evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014By husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and ate at Zees on the weekend. The food was wonderful, the service excellent and the lovely. Went to a play from there- a very special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to beat Zee'sepmckDined on 9/25/2014A very friendly, knowledgeable staff supported by a great kitchen makes Zee's a great place to relax and eat. It was a warm night and they had the outdoor heaters going, but turned them off when we suggested they were not necessary. Very nice of them. The lamb and the rib eye dishes were excellent. The salads with the raspberry reduction were just heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently very goodjwrocVIPDined on 9/25/2014great for before or after theatre dining....several of the appetizers actually large enough to be entrees for usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely spotYayaDined on 9/25/2014We spent our anniversary at the Shaw. Breakfast at Zees is outstanding. Dinner however, a disappointment. Although they pay special attention to details, the soup was bland.......cold chowder..My husbands steak was skimpy and tough. I ordered two appetizers, a strawberry and compressed watermelon combo, which was very nice, and the carpaccio, served with arugula and a lovely vinagrette. Unfortunately, the menu offers few selections.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2014Outstanding presentation and preparation of the dishes served - they were all enjoyed(especially the salmon). The service was impeccable and greatly appreciated. A Zees is must visit when in NOTL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & servicePeggyLDined on 9/24/2014We ate on the veranda @ Zees before going to the theater. Service was attentive and professional. We loved the food! I especially enjoyed my vegetarian entree - it was healthy and flavorful, and every bit as special as my husband's meat entree. Lots of locally sourced products on the menu too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not live up to it's reputationOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/24/2014Husband's burger way over cooked. The extra vegies I had asked for were swimming in olive oil. Service was very slow. Show but no substance.Special Features:
- always reliableCleoVIPDined on 9/24/2014Had a lovely lunch on the porch in beautiful September weather. Husband loved his Reuben, mother-in-law enjoyed her pulled pork wrap and my veggie and arugula pizza was very good. Our waitress was outstanding. Come every year when we go to Shaw.Special Features:
- Great before matinees!HeidiDined on 9/23/2014I was with a friend who is on a very unique diet and she just loved the food. I've been here several times and always found excellent service and a great menu. I specially enjoy the ambiance in the veranda.Special Features:
- Amateur food at top chef pricesdissapointedonthelakeDined on 9/22/2014Min boggling that they could charge $35 for a 6 oz ribeye that tasted like it was made by a college student on a barbecue. Really the worst steak I have ever had. And it was smattered with poorly sautéed onions, dry mushrooms, and corn niblets that tasted like they were out of a can. I was floored. I ate with my fiancee and our bill for 2 with one drink came to $180. Her salmon was also inedible. Having had the tasting menu at Peller Estates the night before, we were admittedly coming off a culinary high. The dinner at Peller cost twice as much and was worth every penny. They do serve a really nice breakfast though. I would recommend that but dinner is way overpriced.
- One of best meals in NOTLOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014The menu was interesting and eclectic. The caesar salad was the most unique variation of a caesar I've ever had. The pasta with scallops and shrimp was excellent as well.Special Features:
- Service spoilerNOTLDinerDined on 9/20/2014We have dined at Zee's many times in the past for lunch before a Shaw play. We planned our visit with ample time to dine before the matinee. Our order was taken promptly, within 20 minutes the first course appeared, but after 45 minutes there we had to flag down our waiter to ask about our main course. He said it would be out "soon" - another 10 minutes went by, still no food, or update from him. By this time, we had been waiting nearly an hour and requested our check, so we could walk to the Royal George. At this point our food finally appeared. Our server did not seem to care that we had waited so long. We feel that an adjustment to our bill and acknowledgement of our delayed service should have been made by a manager.Special Features:
- Beautiful day to sit outsideSeapearlDined on 9/20/2014Food and service were wonderful. Beautifully presented. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceGoodfoodDined on 9/18/2014My friends and I throughly enjoyed our lunch at Zee's. We were welcomed when we entered and our waitress, Ashley, was friendly and attentive. I had dined at Zee's two years ago and wasn't very pleased as the menu was totally different from that shown on their website. This visit the menu was as expected, all five of us really enjoyed our meals. I would return to Zee's and would recommend it to anyone heading to Niagara on the Lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/17/2014Zee's serves consistently interesting and delicious food, with special attention to presentation. Appetizers and desserts are especially wonderful! We visit NOL once-a-year and make sure that Zee's is one of our dining choices.Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014we eat at Zee's Grill when we are in Niagara. love the porch soups are best great menu one of our favoritesSpecial Features:
- Great ExperiencewineanddineDined on 9/12/2014This place came highly recommended by a local resident and we were not disappointed. Our meals were delicious and well presented. Portions were perfect; service was excellent....very attentive and knowledgeable. I would suggest asking for a table on the porch if weather permits. This was our first time at Zees but we will be back!Special Features:
- Great for Shaw Festival PlayFoodFanDined on 9/12/2014Attractive restaurant with good food and cheerful service next door to the Festival Theatre in Niagara-on-the-LakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good choiceOCBobDined on 9/11/2014Kitchen was behind, so service was slow. Recommend a 6:00 seating if you are going to Festival or a bit earlier if attending other venues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experience at ZeesOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/11/2014I had a 6pm reservation at Zees, which should have been plenty of time for a nice meal before the 8pm show at the Festival Theater next door...but my entree of seared tuna arrived at 7:15pm! According to the menu, the tuna was supposed to be rare but mine came out medium-well to well-done, making it chewy, fishy tasting, and almost inedible (although the accompanying soba noodles and daikon salad were good). I should have sent the tuna back but, considering as how I had to leave for a show soon, I didn't. The server did not offer any explanation or seem to think one was even needed. I expected much more of this restaurant but was disappointed. The ambience was excellent, but the service and tuna entree were fair at best.
- Shaw EatsNGTorontoDined on 9/10/2014Zees was the perfect spot for our lunch before a matinee at The Festivsl theatre, being just across the street. It would have been just as perfect for dinner before an evening performance. We enjoyed the outdoor patio on a lovely day. Service was fast and friendly and our food was delicious. Lots of choice on the menu.Special Features:
- Our Dinner at Zees GrillOldBobbyBoyDined on 9/9/2014My wife and I had dinner at Zees Grill before walking across the street to the Shaw Theatre. We both had the salmon, and our dinners were terrific. We also shared a wonderful cheescake desert and we each had a latte after dinner. It was a dinner we will both long remember. Some might consider the menu to be a little limited, but we thought there were some very good choices and we're both glad we picked the salmon and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findABCcDined on 9/8/2014Absolutely a wonderful experience from fan table setting - under over yet out of doors. Food outstanding and service excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Niagara-on-the-LakekaintayoDined on 9/7/2014Came here with my family for Sunday lunch and I was glad I made reservations as we got seated fairly quickly. We decided to dine outside on the patio as it was a beautiful day. The food was fantastic and the portions were just perfect for lunch! Staff was friendly and attentive. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pre-Shaw LunchArtfansfromStKitsDined on 9/5/2014We love to come early, get a good parking place, and have a nice lunch at Zees before a play at the Shaw Festival Theater. The people who wait on the tables are fantastic and the food is a nice light fare.Special Features:
- zee's is the place to goBookLover1Dined on 9/4/2014Guests can sit on the open porch in summer or the covered porch in fall. The food is delicious, with good variety, fish and vegetarian choices, and lovely appetizers. The bar is ample, with both wine and specialty cocktails available. Service is pleasant and efficient. It is a perfect choice when attending the Festival Theatre across the street. We enjoyed a cheese plate, tuna, and a soba noodle dish. All were excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014the Asian vegetarian dish was surprising and delicious. shredded daikon and the tangy sauce put the whole mix of veggies over the top!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousFoodluvR2Dined on 8/30/2014With one of the best patios around, Zee's Grill never disappoints. Wonderful food and service. We go every year we find ourselves in Niagara OTL. Loved the cheese platter appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Food always good. Porch wonderful for outdoor dining. Reasonable prices which is rare in Niagara on the lake.Special Features:
- YassieDined on 8/29/2014Delicious, especially the cheese tray with all the lovely jams and honey was to die for. The burgers were superb, with the best melted cheese ever and the raw tuna was my favourite !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peggybDined on 8/29/2014A fine, dependable, convenient choice for theater-goers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.