92 Picton St
Niagara-On-The-Lake, ON L0S 1J0Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zees.ca/
- Phone: 9054685715
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 8:00am - 10:00am; Lunch: 11:30am - 2:30pm (May-Nov) (Closed Dec-April (except holidays); Dinner: Sunday to Friday: 5:00pm - 830pm, Saturday: 5:00pm -9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jason Dobbie
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer O'Connor 905-468-3369
A word from Zees Grill
Zees Grill at the Shaw Club Hotel and Spa is Niagara-on-the-Lake's newest hot spot, featuring classic nostalgic food updated with a whimsical twist. Across the street from the Shaw Festival Theatre and with the largest patio in Niagara, every detail of this exciting new restaurant will surely tickle your senses and tantalize your taste buds. Our award-winning chef has created an array of dishes that are as delicious as they are inventive. At Zees, fine dining meets fun dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Zees Grill - Best Restaurants in Niagara-on-the-lake ›
Zees Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
257 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (193)fit for foodies (115)great for lunch (102)special occasion (91)neighborhood gem (79)romantic (63)scenic view (54)great for brunch (43)notable wine list (39)good for groups (34)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014We enjoyed this restaurant very much-excellent food and service and right next door to the Shaw Festival Theater.Special Features:
- kidd 14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014the service was excellent..... the desert was the best we ever had...... the main course was good for both of us.... but not exceptionalSpecial Features:
- unreasonably slowtheatregoerDined on 8/21/2014For a restaurant located in a theatre town and right across the street from a theatre, it is completely unacceptable for them not to be able to produce a 2 course meal in less than 90 minutes. Which it what it took. There were a lot of unhappy customers. And yes, they knew that we were going to the theatre. I think the problem was the kitchen. And the new (since last year) menu is much poorer than the previous one. In short, a once fine restaurant has fallen on hard times. I used to recommend it. No more.Special Features:
- Great location and good food!theatre22Dined on 8/21/2014I was in a wheelchair and made the reservation because of its proximity to the Festival Theatre. The hostess and servers were so kind. They helped me and my friend to a lovely table on the spacious veranda. The wine was very good, the food outstanding and the coconut lime rice pudding dessert, delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014We chose this restaurant to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The salad was fresh but the salad dressing was too bitter to enjoy. The chicken entree was dry and lacked flavour. The chocolate mousse was excellent but did not make up for the disappointng meal.
- Good food, but not so creative.Wanderluster999Dined on 8/19/2014The food was good, but I feel it could be more creative. We dine out a lot in Toronto and I found the menu limited. We went for dinner and I didn't find anything special about the food. Since it is a wine region, perhaps more dishes cooked with regional wine would be good. Also more focus on regional produce. Organic choices. Better appetizers. Platters to share with a nice glass of wine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Outstanding service (the beverage manager waitresses on Mondays) and outstanding food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theatre RestaurantTravelQueenDined on 8/17/2014Very good food and service in an excellent location for all theaters in Niagara-on -the-Lake, CanadaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatGSCVDined on 8/14/2014Zee's has great ambiance, great service, and most importantly great food. I can honestly say I have never eaten anything like what I ate, and that is a great thing. We will be going back if ever we are there again.Special Features:
- abouttownDined on 8/14/2014The lunch salads are wonderful ,should be available for dinner order to delivery time is slow,getting to Shaw production should quicken service mixed drinks are different from what I am familiar with I brought friends this time and will do so in futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, average serviceDCpatronVIPDined on 8/13/2014We went to Zee's on a Wednesday night. The food was good: Caesar salad, watermelon/strawberry salad, Zee burger and seafood pasta. Our waiter, however, acted like he would have preferred being somewhere else. He was really not very personable or friendly. He detracted from an otherwise pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zee 's restaurant dinnerNeilVIPDined on 8/13/2014We four enjoyed good service at this super well located. ( Festival Theatr) restaurant for dinner. Nice variety of dinner choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchExplorer2Dined on 8/12/2014Four of us ate here for lunch prior to a play. All meals were excellent. I had the salmon which was one of the best I have had in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014We could only get a reservation at 6:30 as it was a busy evening. The show started at 8:00. We were made to feel very welcome by the hostess who seated us at a lovely table on the veranda. Our server,Sean, was great - very attentive and made sure we left on time to get to the theatre. The food was delicious, too! Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MUST when in NOTLabmenuVIPDined on 8/9/2014My wife, daughter and I had a great meal Saturday night. The only thing better than the food was the service. From the warm welcome from the manager/hostess to our server's continuous attention, we enjoyed everh minute.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014Great food, especially the pizza on naan bread. Lovely to be out on the patio on a beautiful day.Special Features:
- Nice findJK43Dined on 8/8/2014Seems to be one of the only restaurants in NOTL that has vegetarian/vegan options other than pizza. Great ambiance. Dined inside, as it was later in the evening and the patio tables are lit by only a small candle and it was quiet dark and hard to see. Two vegetarian selections available-a soba noodle dish and a dish that is called "crunchy beans" but actually is sprouted peas/pea shoots, with no "beans" in the dish. We had one of each and both were quiet good. Good salads, typical desserts. Kevin, our server, was very good and accommodating to our vegetarian needs. Would return if I return to NOTL.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014If visiting Niagara on the Lake, you must eat at Zees Grill. Food and service are top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor lunch experience!FinePalateDined on 8/7/2014Other than the pork, which was somewhat dry, the food was very good. And a very good wine list.Special Features:
- foodfanDined on 8/7/2014We always lunch at Zees before enjoying the Shaw plays. It is so convenient to book online and Zees honours our request for the Veranda. The servers are energetic , friendly and fun. The food is delicious and delightfully served. Sometimes, an entry will be so beautiful that diners at other tables will say Oh-h, what is that? Keep up the good work. Thanks for making our Shaw experience extra special.Special Features:
- before a matinéetwofourtalkVIPDined on 8/6/2014very convenient to The Festival theatre! charming to sit on the terrace. The food not quite good enough, and a bit pricey.Special Features:
- A Gem of a PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014A lovely place for lunch! Right across from the theatre which was perfect for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fabulous serviceluv2dineDined on 8/5/2014We went to Zees, having been there once before. Food was great, with some small complaints. The salad that came with my burger did not have any dressing. I would have liked a heartier, healthier bun for the burger. My companion had the club sandwich, which came with soup. The soup was excellent but the portion was very small. Kim, our server, had the most pleasant personality, did everything right, including offering to bring separate bills, which some wait staff seem to hate doing. She made the lunch so much nicer because of her professional style of service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014Unique menu offers a lot of choice in a short list. We especially appreciate the Asian twists (soba noodles, nori appear in a few dishes) to keep the offerings light and fun. The plate sizes are "just right" to, not too much, which is sadly typical at other restos. Tuna loin is especially great. Good wine list with many local wineries by the glass or carafe. Excellent ambience on the wide porch overlooking garden and Lakeshore Dr.Special Features:
- Good QualityEatitupDined on 8/3/2014I was here once before and had the best Caesar salad ever. It was not as good this time. Also not as good was the service. It was r slow which is okay for a romantic dinner but not okay for a late lunch with my friend. I would not like to run out of water or wine, please. The quality of ingredients is great. The variety of wine is good. The environment is lovely.Special Features:
- Perfect Pre-play dining!lovelylocavoreDined on 8/2/2014Very creative and local produce menu. Great service and perfect for a pre-play dinner.Special Features:
- Lovely Breakfast!luvgoodfoodDined on 8/2/2014Zees Grill was recommended to us by a family member who lives in the Niagara region. We wanted to treat our adult kids to a fine breakfast. Zees was perfect. They have a beautiful veranda surrounded by flowers. The service was excellent and they had very good coffee. Of course, the breakfast was very good too. Eggs Benedict was outstanding. One criticism...breakfast is over at 10:00. 10:30 or 11:00 would be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful evening at ZEES!!Susie66Dined on 8/1/2014My husband and I just celebrated our 22nd anniversary at Zees restaurant in Niagra-on-the-Lake. Since our first visit, it has been one of our favourite restaurants! We always start with the lobster poutine and enjoy a variety of the wonderful Niagra wines to accompany our meal! We have NEVER been disappointed! This time a new rice pudding dessert selection was recommended for sharing, and it was absolutely delicious! To finish our meal and to congratulate us on our anniversary, they brought us out some outstanding, sparkling wine . . . Sorry I didn't get the name!! If you are looking for a special evening with fabulous food, wine, service and ambiance, Zees is the place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuntzVIPDined on 8/1/2014We only get to Niagara once a year, but we always have dinner at Zees at least once each trip. This time, we ate on their outdoor patio on a perfect evening, pre-theater, and had a wonderful meal. Everything from the amuse bouche of cold asparagus bisque to wonderful fish entrees was excellent. We'll be back next year.Special Features:
- Foodies please note!Yummy905Dined on 7/31/2014NOTL is not known for its stellar gastronomic experiences, so don't expect the world. That said, Zee's is among the best I've experienced in Ontario. Had a dinner & breakfast there;both were divine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Mousse....SherlockTheBeagleDined on 7/31/2014Seriously, this dessert is huge. Like, share with a friend, and then take some home huge. However, our meal here is amongst the most memorable we've ever had. Would repeat. Would love to repeat every night, actually.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was acceptablesumusDined on 7/31/2014We ate here before the Shaw festival. The service was a little slow but not bad, the food likewise. It was fine but nothing special. You might try it to see what you think but I' rate it about a b minus, high c.
- Good lunchFranDined on 7/31/2014Greta location across from the theatre. Good lunch selection, reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had lunch on our way to TorontoSoCalGeofVIPDined on 7/29/2014We were driving from Buffalo, NY USA to downtown Toronto and wanted to have lunch in NOTL. I did some research on the Web before our trip and discovered Zees Grill. I made a reservation (for noon on a Tuesday), which was a good thing because the restaurant was full only a few minutes after we'd arrived. At first, we were seated on the veranda. Although it was nice weather, it was also really noisy/echo-y since they had put down the "rain flaps", so we requested to be moved inside. The food was excellent, and the service was friendly and fairly attentive. We had starters, entrees and dessert. I would visit Zees again next time I return to NOTL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!DoooodeDined on 7/27/2014We had a table on the porch that was great for checking out the nice cars on a Sunday afternoon, and the fans kept it very comfortable on a warm day. I liked Zees because it had a classy feel and vibe, but had excellent food for my large appetite. Normally a place with this ambiance serves dishes that leave me wanting to go get a burger afterwards. Also, the meals were as described, the fresh ingrediants were evident and made every bite delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Amazing dinner! One of the best dining experiences I've had to date. The scallop pasta and rib eye were both so delicious. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great foodFussyBorzoiDined on 7/25/2014The staff was attentive and friendly. The chef understands "blue". It was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, great foodNOTLocalDined on 7/25/2014I'm a Niagara local and when entertaining guests from out of town I often take them to Zee's. The food is consistently good, the prices reasonable and most of all, the location across from the Festival Theatre is great. The staff is always able to get us served and out the door in plenty of time to catch our show. And the porch and patio are a couple of the loveliest in town. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Food was deliciousRgllydDined on 7/24/2014The food was ridiculously good. The server was knowledgeable and proper but had an air of pretension.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- zeesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014service and food was excellent, clean, will recommend to friends and will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.