501 Canyon Ridge Drive
Austin, TX 78753Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zeds.bz/
- Phone: 5123399337x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday -Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday and Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday Brunch - 11:00am-3:00pm
Live Jazz till 4:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adrian Corkill
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call to go over off site catering options.
- Entertainment: Zed's features live performances from local musicians as well as a number of special activities and events. Please visit our web site, events will be posted as scheduled. Better yet, join our e-newsletter and you be alerted via email.
- Special Events: Sunday Brunch - 11am to 3pm
Happy Hour =- Tuesday through Friday - 3pm-7pm
A word from Zed's Restaurant
Zed's is a modern, casual restaurant serving American fare with Austin-inspired preparations and ingredients. Set upon three acres that include spacious decks, a pond, hike and bike trail and water features, Zed's is an oasis in the city, just minutes from the hustle and bustle of I-35.Continued
Open daily for lunch, dinner and happy hour.
Open daily for lunch, dinner and happy hour.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Zed's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in North Central ›
Zed's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (21)special occasion (16)scenic view (15)great for brunch (13)romantic (13)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (12)good for groups (11)fit for foodies (8)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- The new Zed'sMrKnobsDined on 9/13/2014Zed's has been born again with better food, better service, and the same great view and grounds! 100% better after reopening, a great place for informal dining with a view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Ambience is nice. Waitress was not bad. Food sucked.
- Love it!julesVIPDined on 8/31/2014Zeds NEVER disappoints. The brunch menu in particular is great! so many great choices!Special Features:
- Great Experience!RebekahDined on 8/26/2014Rachel in the Banquets department is always so easy to work with! She takes care of us and assists us with booking private event space for our company meetings and dinners. We highly recommend Zed's!Special Features:
- Much better!JosephVIPDined on 8/21/2014Zed's Take II is far better than than the first round. Since re opening, the food quality has been noticeably better than before the shut down. I am going to keep coming back.Special Features:
- Nice place in North AustinSS7392Dined on 8/16/2014I like Zed's and look forward to going again. Food is good and very nice amience. Service is always above averageSpecial Features:
- Something newjandjtexasDined on 8/8/2014Visiting Austin for a weekend getaway, dining out is one of the trip highlights. We were very pleased with our menu selections. My husband loved the fried chicken with spinach horseradish smashed potatoes. I liked the presentation of crab croquettes but would have liked a bit more spice and a bit more of the accompanying sauce. The creme brûlée was excellent and plenty to share. Next time I want to enjoy the outside venue. We would definitely recommend Zed's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonnieDonnieDined on 8/7/2014We love Zeds. Its one of the best mid/upscale restaurants in the area. The nightly specials are always creative. An excellent choice for couples, group parties or business lunches. We really enjoy it. Highly recommend Zeds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014Ahi Tuna was extremely good, great flavor. Mac & Cheese as always was outstanding.Special Features:
- Magical Cool Evening on DeckRoundRockJeanDined on 7/31/2014Went to see my friend's band, Pearl, play...and wow, what a wonderful evening....the band of course was great...but the evening on the deck would have been great without the music....sorry Louisa! The ambience is wonderful...and the food was outstanding...especially the bacon wrapped scallops, the crab croquettes and the spinach mashed potatoes....Unfortunately our server was a bit nonchalant and despite our ordering drinks and food, failed to stop by as often as I thought he should have! But I will give him and the restaurant another chance....soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- That Special EveningSpecialDined on 7/29/2014Zed's definitely made my wife's birthday a special event. The ambience was romantic, the food was fantastic & the service was great! This was our first time at Zed's but it will not be the last. I was so impressed that I recommended Zed's to my manager and he is taking his wife there this weekend to celebrate their wedding anniversary. Great job everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Since ReOpeningluv2dineVIPDined on 7/12/2014Went for early evening dinner. Sat out on the patio. DJ was playing and the music was just right. Not too loud, not too distracting. Could actually carry on conversation without having to talk loudly. Wait staff was great! Food was fabulous! Pork Chop was cooked to perfection. Tender and juicy. Drinks were great. Loved everything about the place. Great dining experience.Special Features:
- The following 67 reviews are from the Zed's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Awesome BrunchLuv2EatDined on 5/11/2014We went for Mother's Day brunch and I was not disappointed. There was a wide a selection for both adults and kids and all the food was very good. I would return again for a special brunch but plan on going for a regular brunch as I know I won't be disappointed. I'm so glad Zed's reopened and brought in some awesome cook(s). You should go and support this place.Special Features:
- Where do i start?itseasytorememberDined on 5/11/2014I don't even know where to begin. Should I start with the fact that everyone looked confused when I said I had a reservation? Should I start with how un-accomodating they were when we requested a table inside? Should I start with the waitress making excuses about my mother-in-law "just having to deal" with the sun in her eyes? Maybe I should start with the bloody mary that was ordered and never delivered but still managed to make it onto the bill. Or better yet, I can start with the fact that we were left sitting at our table with nobody ever bothering to let us know that we didn't have the option of ordering off the menu (it was a brunch buffet only).
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/11/2014I booked a reservation for brunch on Mother's Day. There was no indication on the website or when the restaurant called to verify the reservation that they were only offering a buffet. Once we arrived there weren't menus or signage to indicate how much the buffet was. The food was so-so and we paid $30 per person plus $4 per beverage. We won't come back after spending $200 for 4 adults and 2 kids, we could have given our mothers a steak dinner instead.
- Wonderful evening!Doc2eatDined on 5/3/2014I took my parents out for their birthday celebration. It was the first visit for all of us. The food was great! Excellent and attentive staff, though it was not very crowded at the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAmyDVIPDined on 4/24/2014Zed's now has live music on select dates so the scenic view is even better now. The food and service continue to impress!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/22/2014This is a beautiful restaurant and the outdoor seating was very peaceful and nice. They have a great wine and drink list, I tried a new-to-me Scotch. The tuna appetizer was amazing and my bacon wrapped scallops were perfect. The service was impeccable. The only negative was that the chef did not have a medium rare or rare cut of prime rib. I had a wonderful birthday celebration and we will definitely be returning for another evening.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchDWSEDSDined on 4/20/2014Great value and delicious food! We would definitely recommend Zed's for brunch, lunch, and happy hour. Hope to try them out for dinner soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was great, be ready to waitDisappointedDined on 4/20/2014I took the family (extended family actually) to Zed's for Easter Brunch. We had made reservations a few weeks ahead of time, and were seated immediately. Our waitress took more than a few minutes to come by for drink orders. We got in line for the brunch buffet, and apparently just in time, as by the time we got back to our table the line was ridiculously long. Members of our party that went back for seconds took up to 20 minutes to get through the line. Oh, the waitress...didn't see her again...had to hunt her down for the check. The food was great, but the buffet line was poorly managed (should have been two lines), and then there was our M.I.A. waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchYummyDined on 4/20/2014We were at Zed's a couple of years ago for Easter Brunch, we liked it enough to try to go back again the next year but Zed's was closed. When we found out it was open again we booked another Easter Brunch for the 7 of us. We thoroughly enjoyed the buffet choices and seating outside with the Jazz trio. It was such a nice day. Also, moving the buffet outside was a great idea, more room. The only downside was the shrimp and grits weren't on the buffet as it was a couple of years ago. I was looking forward to it, but the shrimp cocktail was a good alternate. (Hope to see shrimp and grits next year.) Overall the family was very happy and Zed's will be our go-to Easter brunch place.Special Features:
- Jazz BrunchelodieDined on 4/13/2014Excellent brunch menu. Outstanding music by Jeff Lofton (his trio). Fabulous experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchEaterDined on 4/13/2014The items on the menu are excellent and the staff are very welcoming. We take a walk though the nearby trail leading to the restaurant before our meal. I would only change the opening time on Sunday from 11 to 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood find! FoodTexNVDined on 4/11/2014Great neighborhood find! Food was delicious and the service was very friendly and helpful as well as attentive. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, But Had to Wait 45 MinsMDCrane133Dined on 4/4/2014Nice restaurant. The waitress was very attentive and the food and drinks were good. The one issue we had was the long wait time for our food. There were just a few diners in the restaurant section, yet it took well over a 45 minutes to get our food. We experienced this long wait time with the previous Zed's and was hoping for faster service with the new Zed's, but unfortunately this still seems to be a problem.
- Husband's BirthdayTinoGirlDined on 3/29/2014We went for my husband's birthday. It was a very nice evening. The only thing I regret is not making my reservation after dark.. I think the atmosphere would probably have been more romantic because I saw they had strings of light around the outdoor railing and candles on the table so I'm guessing they have a different vibe at night.. Next time, I'll make sure to do that..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just go there!JoeyDined on 3/9/2014We were in Austin for four days and ate there twice once for lunch and second for dinner both times the service and the food was fantastic great pacing nice restaurant quality food and we had a five-year-old with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunch. The foodBarbaraDined on 3/9/2014Excellent brunch. The food was very flavorful. Service was very good. Would have given 5 stars, but we had a long wait to get our bill. I would definitely go again and recommend it.Special Features:
- Nice mealAlbertoDined on 3/7/2014Good not great food and very good service. The bar was busy but the restaurant was about 40-50% capacity. Great for happy hourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great mealAmyDVIPDined on 3/1/2014We were fortunate enough to try a preview of the crab croquets for the Spring menu. Delicious! And of course had the Thirsty goat steamed clams and the grilled artichoke which I love! Terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Anniversary Date EVERUnhappyDined on 2/28/2014I had a late evening reservation @ 9:30 pm. We ordered salads almost immediately instead of an appetizer. Our waiter comes by after about 8 minutes and ponders that our salads should have arrived and went to retrieve them. We finished or salads about 9:50. After a considerable wait, at 10:02 we were informed they botched my rib eye and our order was being redone. And we sat, and sat, and sat. Finally at 10:19 we were served. It took 17 minutes to plate a medium rare rib eye and a salmon dish. Not once did a manager come by. It took 50 minutes to get our food. And it wasn't even very good. My $36 steak was half gristle. No discount for messing up our order, no offer of a free dessert. no acknowledgement that there was a problem. NEVER AGAIN.
- A few changes, but.....JayTee70Dined on 2/22/2014From day one, Zed's never disappoints...BUT there have been several changes with their menu. As soon as I find something I love and tell everybody about it, they've changed the menu and don't offer anymore. That is my one chief complaint with Zed's. While they've been closed for a while for remodeling, and while I knew the menu would perhaps change again....and it did, I was not happy with their current selections. Just seems like there's not a lot to offer or enough variety... or nothing jumping off the menu saying... "Ooo... I wanna try THAT!" I should say. Maybe it's that way because they're trying to reach a certain clientele perhaps. In the end the bacon wrapped scallops and crispy brussle sprouts were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Zed's!Lynda417Dined on 2/21/2014I cant believe I hadn't found Zed's already! the server was wonderful, the food outstanding and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchAmyDVIPDined on 2/16/2014Zed's has become one of our favorite places. The setting/view is gorgeous, service is attentive and food is tasty and affordable. Would love to have live music and maybe rotating specials to compliment the brunch menu! We'll be regulars for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveJimADined on 2/15/2014Excellent clams, delicious halibut, succulent scallops with attentive service in a comfortable atmosphere - a new member of our personal TOP 10 in Austin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love itfinediningDined on 2/15/2014I really enjoyed the ambiance. It was pleasant. I simply loved the jazz music. Although I didn't like the entree I chose, it was still a remarkable place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went there with family, includingLateNightersDined on 2/14/2014Went there with family, including a young child, for Valentine's Day dinner. Showed up around 8:45 PM for a 9:00 PM reservation and were shown to our table right away Live band was playing and was very good; not overpowering, allowed for easy conversation at our table in the main dining room. We shared the 'Dinner for Two' filet mignon/lobster dinner; lobster was OK but a bit chewy, both steaks were ordered rare, one came out rare, the other was more medium. Maitre d' suggested dry wine; the wine turned out to be a little spicy and dry, went well with the filet. Price was a little high so won't be going back right away but we are looking forward to a return trip eventually.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took that pork chop up a notch!ACisREZDined on 2/14/2014The Valentine's Day ambiance was very romantic and the meal was amazing, as always. The double-chop pork chops couldn't have made me any happier. Tender and juicy and enough to fill me up. The restaurant has always been a "hidden gem" of mine, but I'm hoping that it becomes a well-received gem to the businesses parks and neighborhoods around it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014My boyfriend and I went there for Valentines. It was a fabulous experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day Dinner at Zed'sSueBDined on 2/14/2014V-Day special was $75 for filet mignon, a side, salad, rolls, lobster claw to share, and a dessert to share. The wait staff were great, the ambiance was lively (but music is too loud if you sit close to bar). House salad was excellent. They make their own lemon vinaigrette dressing. The salad has bits of cranberry, feta cheese, nuts as well as salad field greens. Steak was melt in your mouth. We both chose the smashed garlic potatoes as our side. The dessert was chocolate mousse to share. The only issue I had was that I booked the reservation online, and I asked for a table off to the side. But the staff took us to the LEAST PRIVATE TABLE IN THE RESTAURANT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.