ZED451 - Chicago
739 N Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60610Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
ZED451 - Chicago
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.zed451.com/
- Phone: 3122666691x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday – Thursday: 5pm to 10:00pm
Friday – Saturday: 5 to 11:00pm
Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am to 2:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm to 1am
Friday: 4:30pm to 2am
Saturday: 10am to 2am
Sunday: 10am to 10midnight
ROOFTOP LOUNGE OPEN WEATHER PERMITTING
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mike Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: 18000 square feet of on-site catering facilities with over 7 private and semi-private event areas. Voted Best Restaurant Private Dining Facilities by Illinois Meetings and Events 2013
A word from ZED451 - Chicago
ZED451 is an unconventional steakhouse. Let go of everything you used to think about dining and enter a warm and stylish world or artful design and relaxing and indulging abundance. For one price, chefs serve their specially prepared dishes tableside while a bounty of seasonal soups, composed salads, fresh vegetables prepared in unique ways, cheeses and breads await you at the Harvest Tables. Here, you are catered to by an engaging staff in an environment that evokes a warm landscape of natural elements with a highly stylized edge. Stay as long as you wish and consume what you desire.Continued
ZED is dining, redefined.
ZED is dining, redefined.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ZED451 - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (119)special occasion (113)fit for foodies (87)romantic (56)hot spot (51)great for brunch (47)notable wine list (39)vibrant bar scene (33)scenic view (32)great for outdoor dining (23)neighborhood gem (19)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (10)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I enjoyed the time, the view, the food, great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary at Zed451 and it was perfect! Our waiter was so polite and always made sure that we got to sample all of the food AND even brought a small plate of the duck (my favorite) to our table because he remembered that I loved it! The chefs were very attentive and came around often enough where it wasn't overwhelming. My husband and I had wine flights which was a perfect serving and compliment to the "tasting" format of the restaurant. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Thank you for making our anniversary dinnerSpecial Features:
- Quieter than expected for Thurs PMAP21VIPDined on 9/25/2014Food was great, however, the place was dead! I had thought I would need reservations but the restaurant was empty, except for a few couples. So the ambience was lost because it seemed like our group of 4 was overly loud, but really it was just that no one was thereSpecial Features:
- Brunch at 2PMProphetDined on 9/21/2014I made reservations for the restaurant because I dined there for my birthday and really enjoyed it. I was very displeased on Sunday, to such an extent my wife and I left. First of all, I was not aware at 2PM the restaurant would be serving brunch. The salad was bare. The food at the various stations were poorly presented and not appealing. The hist indicated they would not be serving dinner until 5PM. To further compound the situation I still had to pay valet for taking my car for the 10 minutes we were in the restaurant. Needless to say i will not be visiting the restaurant again.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2014I had the Sunday brunch with a large group of 9. The service was very good. I enjoyed the fact that you had some food at your table, some at the buffet sections, and additional items brought to your table. The food options and variety would fit any palate. I would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch in townMo2ma2VIPDined on 9/21/2014Their food was outstanding; their menu was seasonal with a variety of flavors and textures. The meat selection covered the gamut and was flavorful and moist. Brunch was long and leisurely and the service was spectacular. This is a great place to take out of town guests.Special Features:
- We didn't stay for dinner1M1UclaDined on 9/20/2014Didn't realize the buffet/meat-on-stick style when we made the reservation -- not what we were looking for
- wear your elastic waistband pantsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014started with a drink on the gorgeous rooftop deck. the service up there was great and the drinks menu interesting. down to dinner and our table was ready right on time (thank you!) our server was great and allowed us to "break the rules" since we wanted to have salad / sides with our selection of meats - it was all perfectly delicious together. we love places that are high end on the food and wine but casual and fun at the same time - ZED451 hit all the marks for us.Special Features:
- Slippery floorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Food was delicious. Options were diverse. The place was very interesting and pretty. However, the floors were very slippery. My group and I had to be extra careful when walking because we felt we would fall otherwise. During dinner, we heard the other two tables on each side of us complaining about how slippery the floors were too. That needs to be addressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Foodie4lyfeDined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed this restaurant-- great food, wine and atmosphere. Only regret is not sitting at a table in the inner "harvest" area circle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on par!AndyPDined on 9/19/2014always enjoy special events and out-of-town guests to go to Zed.Special Features:
- business dinnerSwedishchiefDined on 9/11/2014We were at ZED451 for a dinner party of 8 and the food and value for the dollars spent were excellent. They just introduced some Bison meat which was very nice but some of their signature meats were very good.Special Features:
- Love Zed451boozhee1Dined on 9/7/2014The ambience of Zed's is amazing! From the food, to the roof top, to the customer service.......everything was FABULOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome BrunchMsBehavinDined on 9/7/2014The food and service was wonderful. We went for brunch and the food was to die for. I will definitely be going back and taking more friends and family.Special Features:
- Great Experience!!!NoneVIPDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I have been wanting to come to Zed for a long time, it was fantastic! I was greatful for the seafood options & salad bar choices, he was all about the red meat. The cheddar biscuits were to die for!!! Loved that the butter melted in it's little cast iron well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I went to ZED451 to eat dinner for our wedding anniversary. We enjoyed a few drinks at their bar before we were sat at our reserved table. The server was thorough in explaining the dining experience. The food was great. So many items to choose from. All the food blended well together. I especially liked that the manager and one of the chefs came to our table and talked to us. I would return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Dining Experience!RWellsDined on 9/5/2014In our hometown of Cleveland, we have a restaurant similar in inspiration named Brasa. Zed451 is what Brasa SHOULD be! The variety of food was unbelievable and the bar menu was above and beyond what I'm accustomed to in Ohio. The quality of food was top notch and every single sample of meat available was phenomenal! The service was perfectly paced and our server was above par!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodsamjam801Dined on 9/4/2014We got so full on the "harvest bar" that we didn't even do the meat. The salads and freshness were amazing. We would highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar all-around serviceLadyrock87Dined on 9/4/2014All the staff made our dining experience (and anniversary) perfect. This was my second time here and they make everyone feel like a VIP. Knowledgeable and personable chefs bringing by proteins put it over the top. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid the 'fly' cocktailDiner77CHIDined on 8/29/2014The food and service were good to very good. Well actually - the food was excellent. I was a little surprised however by the casual nature they took after serving my cocktail with a fly in it! Also, it was my partner's birthday and I felt that we were being hurried along as the tables got more and more occupied during the evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for group diningyates126Dined on 8/25/2014This place is great when you have 10-15 people you are looking to accommodate for a great meal with little to no hassle. Their FREE shuttle picked us up from our hotel, they seated us right away and we were able to create our own 5 course meal. We all started with a plate of cheese and charcutterie, then soup, then a few trips to the salad bar and then the meat started coming. It was great to take our time and enjoy good food, great wine and good company. Then the shuttle immediately took us back to our hotel! All this for $49 fixed price is a bargain in my opinion given the quality of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & PlentifuliEatfoodDined on 8/24/2014I could sit and eat the Wagyu and Duck all day. The salad bar is tempting and delicious but it's all about the meal. Amazing deal for $50/person.Special Features:
- Rhonda McFarlandLadybugDined on 8/24/2014Great experience Friendly staff, especially Chef JB. It was a unique brunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZED451 was great!HunyLuvDined on 8/24/2014ZED451 was great for my Mothers' birthday. We laughed and had great service plus excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've had betterChiDineCentralDined on 8/23/2014Very dissatisfied. It took a half hour to be seated even though we booked our reservation on open table. The food took a lot of time to come out. The server was very curt and non-attentive. The meat was not cooked to perfection. The seasoning on the meat was overly salty and unbearable. I would suggest going to a real steakhouse and spending $20 more on a good piece of meat and better sides. The salad/hors d'œuvres bar was nice but messy. Unfortunately, the experience was pretty poor. I live in the neighborhood, and will never return.
- AmazingdineDined on 8/22/2014The ambience of the restaurant was amazing. The service was great but I feel she could have done a better job compared to the first time we have dined before. Food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies brunchLovelyLadies23Dined on 8/17/2014If your looking for nice brunch zed 451 is the place to be. Nice atmosphere they accommodate large groups and zed has amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencedelishDined on 8/16/2014I've been to Zed451 for drinks before but never for food. This experience was awesome. I went to celebrate my birthday and everything was delicious! The service was outstanding, I'll definitely go back. I've been telling everyone they definitely need to check this place out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible experience!ConradDined on 8/15/2014Everything we ate was superb!! (Even stuff you THINK you won't like is good!!) ZED's take on the standards are imaginative and unexpectedly delicious. Anyone who enjoys high quality food, a few cocktails and great conversation - head over to ZED, go with someone who you're close with, and leave yourself plenty of time to enjoy this incredible experience and a few cocktails ( I recommend the "Rye Knot").Special Features:
- Not PleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014This was my second time at Zed 451. The first time was great. This time I was very disappointed and I will not be returning. The food selection was not up to par. And the service was went down tremoundosuly.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationJShellDined on 8/15/2014The overall experience was a bit disappointing. I have been to other Brazilian steak houses and enjoyed the food and service much better. There was lack of communication with our server in many occasions. We had to flag her down repeatedly, empty glasses and dishes were stacking up on our table. Most of the meat choices were rare and much of our group of 10 did not want rare meat. We were not made aware of the rooftop bar and found out too late. The bathrooms on the main level were unisex and dirty.Special Features:
- Great Experience!wsproul11Dined on 8/12/2014From the host to the wait staff to the servers. Everything was perfect and a great experience. The meal is not cheap, but the service and good quality make it worth the cost. All the employees are very kind and strive to provide an excellent experience for the customer. Great Job Zed451!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit of disappointmentguidoDined on 8/11/2014It was maybe my mistake but wha I understood from their site and Opentable resume was different. Actually it was a churrascaria kind of food but with much more limited meat supply. And the buffet not outstanding (maybe being Italian most of the cheeses and charcuterie were Italian as well but of mediocre quality. Service and ambiance were extremely good.... and they were so kind to offer a wine fly for both of usSpecial Features:
- Amazing Foodmonai24Dined on 8/9/2014Great variety of foods especially meats and fresh vegetables. Great place to bring a group of people. Has an excellent rooftop to use until midnight. the service was friendly. overally a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I have always hinge for brunch the good is awesome and you will fill up on delicious items made fresh that day...BOOM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for anniversary dinnerCanadianladyVIPDined on 8/8/2014They were terrific in helping us celebrate our ten year anniversary. Server was attentive and friendly but did not hover. Special dessert provided.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and drinkEmiliaDDined on 8/7/2014Everything was top notch including service. Will definitely visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and filling2EatwellDined on 8/7/2014Not your typical rodezio. Lots of great salads to start with. Besides the normal proteins carved table side, they offered presliced items which were very interesting and flavorful. There's a good deal of energy in the room and our group not only enjoyed the food, but had fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite brunch in townHappyFoodieDined on 8/3/2014Best place for brunch! Great for everyone...the harvest table has lots of selections for vegetarians. The parfait station is a great addition, the house made granola was great! Make sure to try the buffalo chicken and waffles and the duck confit potatoes...yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as it used to bejason8612Dined on 8/2/2014We used to come here for brunch but after our last visit we might not be coming back. The food wasn't as good as it used to be. A lot less variety and only one beef option. It was quite noisy where we couldn't talk to each other.