ZED451 - Chicago
739 N Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60610Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
ZED451 - Chicago
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.zed451.com/
- Phone: 3122666691x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday – Thursday: 5pm to 10:00pm
Friday – Saturday: 5 to 11:00pm
Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am to 2:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm to 1am
Friday: 4:30pm to 2am
Saturday: 10am to 2am
Sunday: 10am to 10midnight
ROOFTOP LOUNGE OPEN WEATHER PERMITTING
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mike Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: 18000 square feet of on-site catering facilities with over 7 private and semi-private event areas. Voted Best Restaurant Private Dining Facilities by Illinois Meetings and Events 2013
A word from ZED451 - Chicago
ZED451 is an unconventional steakhouse. Let go of everything you used to think about dining and enter a warm and stylish world or artful design and relaxing and indulging abundance. For one price, chefs serve their specially prepared dishes tableside while a bounty of seasonal soups, composed salads, fresh vegetables prepared in unique ways, cheeses and breads await you at the Harvest Tables. Here, you are catered to by an engaging staff in an environment that evokes a warm landscape of natural elements with a highly stylized edge. Stay as long as you wish and consume what you desire.Continued
ZED is dining, redefined.
ZED is dining, redefined.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
ZED451 - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (105)special occasion (94)fit for foodies (79)romantic (52)hot spot (45)great for brunch (44)notable wine list (42)vibrant bar scene (33)scenic view (26)great for outdoor dining (18)late-night find (17)neighborhood gem (15)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Great Food. Decent ServiceMelissaBDined on 10/18/2014We had a group of 6 dine on a Saturday night. It was busy but not super packed. The food was amazing and we were quite impressed with all of the options. I'm not quite sure if there is any system to which meat comes to each table when. We waited quite awhile and they still had not brought around 3 of the options. We had to ask our server to send them over and it still took a long time and we just gave up on trying one of them. Also, I would say that our service was quite slow. We waited 20 minutes for our drinks and once we were ready to start trying the different meats it took a very long time to clear plates and finally bring the main dinner plates out.Special Features:
- Great Food/Drink afterwardsROUND2Dined on 10/18/2014First off the food was excellent. Every Piece of Meat was amazing. The Harvest table is a great salad bar. I would suggest having drinks afterwards, I ordered a 12 dollar drink and it was literally gone in 3 sips. The glass was cute but small and had this huge ball in it to keep it cool (or make it look like there is more in it than it really is.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food service is always great!BLTLOVESTODINEDined on 10/17/2014I originally dined at ZED451 back in October of 2011 and absolutely devoured the fried pork belly. This year I returned for my birthday with reservations and enjoyed an even better experience than last. Our server and another server who was specifically serving the rotating meats made for an awesome night for my wife and I. I'm thoroughly convinced there's not a better restaurant in all of downtown Chicago. From the harvest table, to their selection of meats, ZED451 exceeds all expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crazy AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/15/2014Loved every second. Took a party of 11 and we had a blast... so many choices, insanely good service, really wonderful. I'm a vegan and next to me was the meat lover of all meat lovers and we loved it equally.... FANTASTIC.Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014Great for brunch. For downtown the prices were reasonable. This is a go to spot for brunch downtown!Special Features:
- Forgotten tableTummynummiesDined on 10/11/2014it seemed like our dinner was going to be great. Wonderful welcome from host staff, great drinks at the bar and a nice table out of the main traffic. Our waiter started out great but seemed to get busy with other larger parties. My husband had to go to the bar to pick up his cocktail. Our waiter totally forgot about it. Since we were only 4 and off to the side it also seemed like the servers with the meats had a hard time noticing us as well. The harvest table was good but not memorable. The meats brought around were hot and delicious when we did get them. Specifically asked for the duck to be brought over but our server cleared our plates and we never did get to try it. Management were very nice and asked us to give them another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must while you visit ChicagoPechu16Dined on 10/11/2014Amazing place, great food and excellent service. You can enjoy a roof garden with a couple of drinks. If ur grabbing dinner downstairs ask for sangria pitcherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs UPMichelleDined on 10/11/2014I absolutely love this spot. I've returned with out of town guest, friends, for a date and a ladies lunch. All have no complaints!Special Features:
- fantastic!!!pinkmedic16Dined on 10/5/2014ZED451 was recommended to us by a friend when we were looking for a place to spend our anniversary. Everything from the beautiful atmosphere to the fantastic service and food made it a great night. It was a great balance of intimate setting with a bit of life b/c of the club music that kept our mood perky. We would have loved to have had more of the food options passed around because we noticed as we were finished other tables were filling in and they were getting food options we never saw. The staff was great about asking if we wanted anything in particular but not knowing what our options to ask for were made it so that we really couldn't request anything. I would have liked to have a list of my options. overall fantastic & will be back!!Special Features:
- Zed deserves high ratingDaveVIPDined on 10/3/2014This was our second visit to ZED451 and we found it even better than the first, which was also a winner. The salad bar in this Brazilian-like restaurant is truly unique and better than the typical salad bars. Everything from roasted pineapple to specialty cheeses, Thai salads to delicious thinly sliced salamis make this worth the $50 dinner fee. The selection as the "chefs" bring meat (and fish and crab cakes) to the table is superb. A small selection of desserts proved to be a winner, too. A different twist on banana cream pie was excellent. We had a wonderful time. Only downside is the high cost of drinks. Call brand (Tanqueray and Grey Goose) martinis or mixed drinks (vodka and lemonade) are $13.50, quite high even for River North.Special Features:
- 5 Stars Hands DownOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2014Great food, great service, great ambiance. What more can you ask for?Special Features:
- Yes...they're that good...vicknowsDined on 9/28/2014The service was incredible, the brunch items are excellent but the harvest table took top honors with variety and freshness. For the amount of food and the quality of service and variety of items the price is incredible...the brunch is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mia2014Dined on 9/27/2014I enjoyed the time, the view, the food, great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary at Zed451 and it was perfect! Our waiter was so polite and always made sure that we got to sample all of the food AND even brought a small plate of the duck (my favorite) to our table because he remembered that I loved it! The chefs were very attentive and came around often enough where it wasn't overwhelming. My husband and I had wine flights which was a perfect serving and compliment to the "tasting" format of the restaurant. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! Thank you for making our anniversary dinnerSpecial Features:
- Quieter than expected for Thurs PMAP21VIPDined on 9/25/2014Food was great, however, the place was dead! I had thought I would need reservations but the restaurant was empty, except for a few couples. So the ambience was lost because it seemed like our group of 4 was overly loud, but really it was just that no one was thereSpecial Features:
- Brunch at 2PMProphetDined on 9/21/2014I made reservations for the restaurant because I dined there for my birthday and really enjoyed it. I was very displeased on Sunday, to such an extent my wife and I left. First of all, I was not aware at 2PM the restaurant would be serving brunch. The salad was bare. The food at the various stations were poorly presented and not appealing. The hist indicated they would not be serving dinner until 5PM. To further compound the situation I still had to pay valet for taking my car for the 10 minutes we were in the restaurant. Needless to say i will not be visiting the restaurant again.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2014I had the Sunday brunch with a large group of 9. The service was very good. I enjoyed the fact that you had some food at your table, some at the buffet sections, and additional items brought to your table. The food options and variety would fit any palate. I would go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch in townMo2ma2VIPDined on 9/21/2014Their food was outstanding; their menu was seasonal with a variety of flavors and textures. The meat selection covered the gamut and was flavorful and moist. Brunch was long and leisurely and the service was spectacular. This is a great place to take out of town guests.Special Features:
- We didn't stay for dinner1M1UclaDined on 9/20/2014Didn't realize the buffet/meat-on-stick style when we made the reservation -- not what we were looking for
- wear your elastic waistband pantsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014started with a drink on the gorgeous rooftop deck. the service up there was great and the drinks menu interesting. down to dinner and our table was ready right on time (thank you!) our server was great and allowed us to "break the rules" since we wanted to have salad / sides with our selection of meats - it was all perfectly delicious together. we love places that are high end on the food and wine but casual and fun at the same time - ZED451 hit all the marks for us.Special Features:
- Slippery floorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Food was delicious. Options were diverse. The place was very interesting and pretty. However, the floors were very slippery. My group and I had to be extra careful when walking because we felt we would fall otherwise. During dinner, we heard the other two tables on each side of us complaining about how slippery the floors were too. That needs to be addressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencenennypooDined on 9/19/2014What a wonderful place to come for dinner. The ambience was great, the service was spectacular and the food was delicious. I highly recommend a wine flight as you definitely get your moneys worth. A great place to go for a birthday celebration or even just a night out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Foodie4lyfeDined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed this restaurant-- great food, wine and atmosphere. Only regret is not sitting at a table in the inner "harvest" area circle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on par!AndyPDined on 9/19/2014always enjoy special events and out-of-town guests to go to Zed.Special Features:
- business dinnerSwedishchiefDined on 9/11/2014We were at ZED451 for a dinner party of 8 and the food and value for the dollars spent were excellent. They just introduced some Bison meat which was very nice but some of their signature meats were very good.Special Features:
- Love Zed451boozhee1Dined on 9/7/2014The ambience of Zed's is amazing! From the food, to the roof top, to the customer service.......everything was FABULOUS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome BrunchMsBehavinDined on 9/7/2014The food and service was wonderful. We went for brunch and the food was to die for. I will definitely be going back and taking more friends and family.Special Features:
- Great Experience!!!NoneVIPDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I have been wanting to come to Zed for a long time, it was fantastic! I was greatful for the seafood options & salad bar choices, he was all about the red meat. The cheddar biscuits were to die for!!! Loved that the butter melted in it's little cast iron well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I went to ZED451 to eat dinner for our wedding anniversary. We enjoyed a few drinks at their bar before we were sat at our reserved table. The server was thorough in explaining the dining experience. The food was great. So many items to choose from. All the food blended well together. I especially liked that the manager and one of the chefs came to our table and talked to us. I would return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Dining Experience!RWellsDined on 9/5/2014In our hometown of Cleveland, we have a restaurant similar in inspiration named Brasa. Zed451 is what Brasa SHOULD be! The variety of food was unbelievable and the bar menu was above and beyond what I'm accustomed to in Ohio. The quality of food was top notch and every single sample of meat available was phenomenal! The service was perfectly paced and our server was above par!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goodsamjam801Dined on 9/4/2014We got so full on the "harvest bar" that we didn't even do the meat. The salads and freshness were amazing. We would highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar all-around serviceLadyrock87Dined on 9/4/2014All the staff made our dining experience (and anniversary) perfect. This was my second time here and they make everyone feel like a VIP. Knowledgeable and personable chefs bringing by proteins put it over the top. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid the 'fly' cocktailDiner77CHIDined on 8/29/2014The food and service were good to very good. Well actually - the food was excellent. I was a little surprised however by the casual nature they took after serving my cocktail with a fly in it! Also, it was my partner's birthday and I felt that we were being hurried along as the tables got more and more occupied during the evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for group diningyates126Dined on 8/25/2014This place is great when you have 10-15 people you are looking to accommodate for a great meal with little to no hassle. Their FREE shuttle picked us up from our hotel, they seated us right away and we were able to create our own 5 course meal. We all started with a plate of cheese and charcutterie, then soup, then a few trips to the salad bar and then the meat started coming. It was great to take our time and enjoy good food, great wine and good company. Then the shuttle immediately took us back to our hotel! All this for $49 fixed price is a bargain in my opinion given the quality of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & PlentifuliEatfoodDined on 8/24/2014I could sit and eat the Wagyu and Duck all day. The salad bar is tempting and delicious but it's all about the meal. Amazing deal for $50/person.Special Features:
- Rhonda McFarlandLadybugDined on 8/24/2014Great experience Friendly staff, especially Chef JB. It was a unique brunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZED451 was great!HunyLuvDined on 8/24/2014ZED451 was great for my Mothers' birthday. We laughed and had great service plus excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've had betterChiDineCentralDined on 8/23/2014Very dissatisfied. It took a half hour to be seated even though we booked our reservation on open table. The food took a lot of time to come out. The server was very curt and non-attentive. The meat was not cooked to perfection. The seasoning on the meat was overly salty and unbearable. I would suggest going to a real steakhouse and spending $20 more on a good piece of meat and better sides. The salad/hors d'œuvres bar was nice but messy. Unfortunately, the experience was pretty poor. I live in the neighborhood, and will never return.
- AmazingdineDined on 8/22/2014The ambience of the restaurant was amazing. The service was great but I feel she could have done a better job compared to the first time we have dined before. Food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies brunchLovelyLadies23Dined on 8/17/2014If your looking for nice brunch zed 451 is the place to be. Nice atmosphere they accommodate large groups and zed has amazing food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.