305 East 92nd Street
New York, NY 10128Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
BrazilianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://zebugrill.com/
- Phone: 2124267500
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Brazilian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Zebu Grill
"Upper Eastsiders in search of 'something a little different' hit this 'relaxed' Brazilian specializing in 'interesting', 'flavorful' churrasco; 'congenial' service and 'a couple of their caipirinhas' confirm that this somewhat 'hidden away' spot is 'worth repeat visits.'" - ZAGAT 2011Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zebu Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (4)great for brunch (3)romantic (3)fit for foodies (3)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (1)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Zebu is a special placekatchupDined on 9/18/2014The Brazilian food was delicious, the environment friendly and lively. The service was warm, thoughtful, attentive and never intrusive ... Just right. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZebuRobieVIPDined on 8/24/2014Good service. Very prompt attention. Food was not quite as good as it has been in the past.
- Boa comida, ambiente excelenteJMesquitaDined on 8/2/2014Excelente opção para quem está com saudades da comida brasileira. Por um preço justo, (+- US$ 120) um casal com dois filhos janta muito bem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just dinnerrayjanDined on 7/13/2014Overall a fair kitchen. Strange that the special of the day is not priced on the menu and when the ticket came, it was more expensive than every other dish. You should be informed before, I think. The recommended Portuguese beer (SAGRES) was the brown version instead of the pale version. You have to like that. Expensive too.Special Features:
- JPJPDined on 7/5/2014The pre fixe menu is a good deal. The pastel was great and so was the budim. I ordered the cozida for my main course and it was delicious though it was a little bit overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 60 reviews are from the Zebu Grill reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/21/2014Our last time for dinner at this restaurant was two months ago. The food and service are very good. Normally, the noise level there is moderate. This time, it was very noisy because there was a table with six people all talking very loudly. That noise prevented us from having any conversation at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as always!SrShanleyDined on 6/19/2014My wife and I have been dining at Zebu Grill for years and we have never been disappointed. The food is always fresh and delicious and the service never let's us down. We have been here for romantic dinners, birthday celebrations, and we always love it there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrazilianturtlebayDined on 6/14/2014We went early to this restaurant and got a quiet table in the back where we were able to have a good conversation and enjoy the excellent food. Their house special salad is outstanding. We all had different dishes and were quite happy with what we had.Special Features:
- thediplomatDined on 6/7/2014Great place for food, great service and a soft atmosphere for celebrations or romance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find in neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/8/2014I had wanted to try Zebu Grill but was reluctant to make the 30 block trip up to the 90's and wasn't sure about Brazilian food. The food was very good - interesting and surprising flavors. Lovely artichoke salad to start followed by acorn squash stuffed with sole. Excellent - everything was truly homemade and hot and delicious. Wonderful wine choices and super service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/19/2014We have dined at Zebu Grill several times. We returned recently. The food is excellent. This time, we had the fixed price dinner. It was excellent. The Salada Zebu and Pastel were tasty. The seafood entree was also tasty. The dessert (coconut mousse), too. In the past, we had the Muqueca De Camarao (jumbo braised shrimp), which we liked the most. We like Brazilian food very much. The staff is also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FindhungryDined on 3/8/2014This is our new favorite restaurant. We will be back many times. Great food, cocktails at reasonable prices! Loved the music, wish I had asked for the playlist titles and artists. Staff was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Churrasco was tender and tastyJevittVIPDined on 2/1/2014None of meat was overdone and the black beans on the side were the perfect foil for the meats. Lots of good dessert choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Serviceidiosyncratic28VIPDined on 1/10/2014The host sat us down right away however took a hundred years (okay maybe 20minutes) to come to our table to take our order. We actually had to call his attention and asked if he would take our order. I would've understood if it was busy but it wasn't. The restaurant was not packed at all for the waiter to completely ignore us. Appetizer was good, entree was so so.Special Features:
- Nice SpotMikeyDeeDined on 12/31/2013We often dine at Brazilian restaurants as my wife is from Southern Brazil. We discovered Zebu Grill through an Internet search and figured that we'd check it out for New Year's Eve. We were not disappointed and will definitely return. The food was delicious and the portions were generous. The wait staff was excellent and we enjoyed their selection of Brazilian wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It workedspartan18Dined on 12/28/2013I was looking for a restaurant to accommodate 12 of my family members. It was hard on a Saturday night at 7:00. My brother likes Brazilian music so I narrowed it down to Brazilian food. Zebu worked out to be the perfect spot not only could they take all of us but I called on Saturday morning and added 2 people. Wasn't a problem. Best part was the food and atmosphere. The food selection was perfect for both vegetarians and meat lovers. The wines choices worked. And we had a birthday that was presented with dessert and singing. The waiter was busy with us and other tables but he made it work and we never waited too long for a request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They accomadated a table ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/11/2013They accomadated a table of 12 for a Wednesday night. Everything was perfect. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good attentive service andRobieVIPDined on 11/17/2013Good attentive service and interesting choice of food.Special Features:
- Amazing Servie, Deilcious FoodLizFerFrutDined on 11/16/2013Our server was wonderfult. Great enthusiasm and on his game. The food was fantastic. It is small and intimate, perfect for a very small birthday celebration. Definitely not for large groups. Reservations are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/16/2013Everything was delicious. I sample everyone else's food and horsd'oevres and liked it all. Ordered 2 drinks which were also great. Surprised when got check because it was less than expected. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very friendly and good food.AnnieDined on 11/6/2013I took my boyfriend here for his birthday. He had recently been to Rio for vacation and was into trying the Brazilian restaurants in the city. We had just recently been to Favela Grill in astoria which everyone LOVED, so Zebu would have had to have been fantastic to beat it. It was good, but not as good as Favela. Still, the wait staff was excellent, the ambiance great and food still yummy so if you're looking for brazilian in UPS, go there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Brazilian on the UESUes29VIPDined on 10/27/2013Charming Brazilian place on Second Avenue. We have liked all the plates we tried so far, but especially like the pao de queijo, the picadinho and the muqueca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your usual UES restaurantDiningNYC2013Dined on 10/22/2013Great food with generous portions. Perfect for couples. Romantic setting. Professional staff. It doesn't seem to get as crowded unlike other upper east side restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just fairYumYumVIPDined on 10/1/2013I was a bit disappointed in this place given the other reviews. It was passable, but the food was only fair, the service was weak (our waiter couldn't describe the dishes...maybe a language issue) and the drinks were hit or miss. We went before an event at the 92nd Street Y, so it was nice to be right in the neighborhood, but can't think of a reason to seek it out again.
- went for our birthdaybirthdaygirlsDined on 9/25/2013Waiters were great, service and food was fantastic. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zebu's great!2citygirlVIPDined on 9/5/2013Very quiet charming place a bit off the beaten path. Food and service is great and the specialty drink wonderful. I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prix Fixe Menu was not especiallyGerryDined on 8/11/2013Prix Fixe Menu was not especially inspiring. Wine expensive. A hefty 20% gratuity was added to bill without asking. It actually worked out more because service was added after the tax and NOT before.Special Features:
- Just never fails me!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2013I have been here 3 times and I must say it seems like it gets better all the time. Never crowded, fast service and peace and quiet. Good for a one on one experience with your significant other. Always really good dishes. I recommend always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatolivia24Dined on 7/5/2013The food was tasty, the caipirinhas strong, but it is a little pricey for what you get.Special Features:
- Great FoodMitchDined on 6/22/2013Great Brazilian foods at a very reasonable price. Small, intimate and child friendly.Special Features:
- Romantic, classy resturauntFoodieCatDined on 5/18/2013The room was lit by candles, but not dark as many such places are. The food was incredible, and brought to the table in a timely manner. The bruchetta and bread were delicious. My boyfriend got the chicken pastel and I had the salada Zebu for our appetizers, both of which were out of this world. He had the Pichana, which was the perfect size, and the rice and black beans were incredible. I had the Massa, which was an amazing pasta dish with spicy but savory sausage. Our caipirinhas were also delicious- sweet and sour. All in all, completely out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Affordable exellence :)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/15/2013Perfect for last minute planning. Respectful employees. Delicious food. Follow menin instagram. Dandee23 :) nah for real tho its a nice spot. Take a risk and try it. like i did. Pasteles and mojito and that flan! :)Special Features:
- Great food and service. TablesRichDined on 3/9/2013Great food and service. Tables a bit close together and crowded. Not intimate but food makes up for the lack of ambiance. Would give it a trySpecial Features:
- The food is ok but very smallOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/22/2013The food is ok but very small portion and way overpriced. Just don't buy the groupon deals because they have a cheaper 3 course prix fixe on their regular menu which serves the same dishes as groupon which has even smaller portion and cheaper ingredients than their regular dishes.
- We had a great meal - an overviewddinrochachaDined on 2/22/2013We had a great meal - an overview of brazilian food that pleased everyone in the group. Black Bean soup, coconut mousse, passionfruit brulee, country beef were all delicious.Special Features:
- We went to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/9/2013We went to this restaurant because Zagat recommended the churrasco. It was totally disappointed. It was for 2 people but the amount was really small (surprising in the USA) the steak was not tender at all (strange also in the USA where the meat is so good in general). We ordered it medium and it came to the table very well done. We don't recomend this restaurant if your are expecting to eat good meat. The chicken was flavorful but that's it. And it is not cheap. The best part was the flan for dessert.
- Down a notch in our bookJoeNYCVIPDined on 1/19/2013The more we go here the less impressed we are. Don't get me wrong, the food is always served hot, and the portions are fair. It's just that as they become familiar with you as a repeat patron, the less attention they pay to you. So you bring two other couples with you and then you have to ask for menus, ask to order, ask for deserts, ask for the check. This is not the way it should be. Plus, the menu is getting boring. It seems they never bring out new seasonal dishes, or have different types of food for specials.
- Great Dining Exp on New Year's EveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/1/2013This restaurant had outstanding food and ambiance. I was there for dinner on New Year's Eve 2012, 11pm. The owners provided all guest sparkling wine, hats and noise makers. Everyone in the restaurants even received kisses from what seem to be one of the owners. It's a lovely, fun, and amazing place. Food was excellent!Special Features:
- Unhappy New YearOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2012New Year's Eve. We arrived, as arranged, after the opera. Time: 9:45 pm; reservation for 10. Had been promised a quiet corner table. Tiny alcove at main door jammed with people. "Host" advised us they were running late, that at best we could hope to be seated around 10:15. The restaurant is small. No bar. No waiting area. It was very cold, windy; we were constantly jostled as door kept opening and closing in entrance alcove. Decided that this was New Year's Eve, and that we were supposed to be having fun. So we left the frozen entrance and looked for another place to eat, drink and celebrate. Found it down the street at Mole. Never went back to Zebu; probably never will. Before moving to Ca., we used to go there often. Not a happy return.
- Had dinner there New Year'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Had dinner there New Year's Eve. Short wait for our reserved table, Great service, no food was left on our plates! we thought the total price was well worth the meal. the owners and staff couldn't have been more pleasant. we will definitely go there again. A great find in the neighborhood.