Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar
21 North St.
Medfield, MA 02052Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zebrasbistro.com/
- Phone: (508) 359-4100
- Hours of Operation:
Nightly: Bar opens at 4:30pm, Dining Room opens at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brendan Pelley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Zebra's "sister company" is Perfect Pear Catering. As a premium boutique
caterer, Perfect Pear Catering works with their clients to plan every detail
of their event, from the menu to the table setting, and beyond. Our goal is
to exceed your expectations and wow your guests, whether it’s a wedding for
250 or a small summer outing for 25 held at your home. Peruse our on-line
menu selections at www.PerfectPearCatering.com as a starting point in
designing your event and then let us customize a perfect event for you and
- Private Party Facilities: Make Zebra's your own, or have our "sister" catering companey, Perfect Pear Catering help you celebrate at another venue!
Whether you want the perfect weding, to entertain importanct clients, or a baby shower brunch with family and friends we will make you the perfect host.
Call Judy for details (508)359-4406
- Private Party Contact: Judy Beck 5083594406x
- Cross Street: Rt. 109
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Although most guest find it easier to park on the street in front of the restaurant (on North St.), Zebra’s Bistro also has a parking lot in the back and a few spots on the side of the restaurant both accessible from Jane’s Ave (off of Main St – Rte 109)
A word from Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar
Awarded "Best of Boston 2014" by Boston Magazine for Best Restaurant, General Excellence, WestContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Medfield ›
Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (94)neighborhood gem (92)special occasion (70)romantic (55)notable wine list (48)vibrant bar scene (28)hot spot (15)good for groups (11)great for outdoor dining (9)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/22/2014The food was great the other night. Everyone loved their dishes. The service was unusually slow, but I think it may have just been an off night. Will definitely be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special eveningNancyDined on 11/17/2014We had an absolutely special evening at Zebra's. The wait staff was attentive, the food imaginatively presented and wonderful tasting. It could not have been a better evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014A great restaurant with a beautiful atmosphere. The food was fantastic, delectable every bite! Our waitress was a bit loud, but none the less a delicious meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014My wife and I have been to Zebra's many times over the past few years and usually like it very much. This time was the experience was disappointing. Both our main courses lacked any flavor at all. I had the Salmon and my wife had the Tagliatelle. It was not even worth finishing. A women at the next table said the same thing about the Tagliatelle.
- Best of Boston BurbsciaobellaVIPDined on 11/14/2014Everything was fantastic (food, service, ambience)! Can't wait to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zebra's continues to amaze!Musiclover1013Dined on 11/8/2014Zebra's Bistro and wine bar continues to amaze with their casual elegance, farm to table cusinine, outstanding house made charcuterie, and appraochable wine list. It will be evident when you visit why Zebra's won General Excellence in a recent Best of Boston article and Chef Pelley and his team were invited to cook at the James Beard House.Special Features:
- Noise levelCoddsVIPDined on 11/8/2014Terrific food and service but the noise level in the dining room was so bad it really takes away from the overall experience. No carpet and no noise absorbing panels on the ceiling result in people literally yelling at each other across the table...when every table is doing so, you can imagine how unenjoyable it is...you can't have a conversation with people sitting next to you without raising your voice. Surprised they haven't done something about it sooner as they have been around for years and still have nice food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLikestoeatoutDined on 11/7/2014Went to Zebras for a 40th birthday.. Food was just OK. Steak had to be sent back, an appetizer was forgotten, service was incredibly slow - took 4 hrs in total. The no flour cake was a dry brownie, and the pumpkin bread pudding left you disappointed. Really small drink menu too...overall disappointed.
- I was expecting moremydineDined on 11/6/2014I was looking forward to something really special here. I ordered a hamburger medium rare and it came out medium well. The waiter took it back and as a result, the rest of the party had finished their meal by the time I had mine. No effort or apologies were offered. I was disappointed.Special Features:
- Taz17VIPDined on 11/5/2014Always a fav! Great food and service every time! I love that the menu is seasonally inspired though I wish the sweet potato fries would return.Special Features:
- Favorite neighborhood restaurantGretaDined on 10/29/2014We love Zebra's Bistro - always a terrific dining experience and the staff is amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceKurtJulieAnniversaryDined on 10/29/2014An excellent dining experience from arrival to departure. We were welcomed and seated within a minute to find our table glimmering with a dozen red roses (pre-ordered). We started with salad and French Fries coated with mushroom gravy and Cheddar (out of this world). The chef sent over a couple salmon delicacy's (mouth watering). She got a Vegetarian dish and I got Scallops w/ several seasonings, cooked to perfection. Both were outstanding. We passed on dessert but our waitress brought over some chocolates and chocolate covered blueberries sitting on a plate with "Happy Anniversary" in caramel. All staff were pleasant and willing to answer any questions. We will return to "Zebra" as it was a 5 star experience. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable DiningWorthitDined on 10/24/2014We had not been to Zebras in a few years. Our meal was very good. My husband had the hangar steak and I had the salmon. Both were cooked beautifully. I appreciated that the tables for two were not right on top of each other and there was enough of a din in the restaurant so that we did not have to hear our neighbor's conversation! I look forward to returning sometime soon.Special Features:
- one of our favoritesdaveDined on 10/24/2014We are in the Medfield once a month and try to get to Zebra's when we are. it's an hour drive home but absolutely love the place. We are both vegetarians and appreciate the fact that there are always choices for us. The menu changes regularly and they use lots of unusual and local products. We love it!Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014The food is wonderful- but the service is really what makes Zebra's stand out. We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodchowDined on 10/18/2014we had a wonderful meal, with good service in a pleasant atmosphere. Definitely would come again. We only had entrees, but both were excellent. The pork tenderloin was tender and flavorful with a delicious side of brussel sprouts and spaetzle. Scallops were cooked just right with a tasty glaze. The wine list is more than adequate, with plenty available by the glass.Special Features:
- Excellent neighborhood restaurant!LocaldinerDined on 10/18/2014We so enjoyed dinner with our friend at Zebra. First, our waitress was outstanding-knowledgeable and attentive without hovering. My friend ordered the apple cider sangria and loved it. May husband had traditional cocktails and they were great. Dinner was excellent, and to top it off, we shared the pumpkin bread pudding, which was flavorful and just right for a little something sweet after dinner. It is a bit noisy. Requesting a 1/2 booth, on the side, really helps, rather than sitting in the middle, where it's somewhat noisier. We had a great experience and didn't have to go into Boston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to wine and dineWouldgobackDined on 10/18/2014Delicious and unique food. Great wine list, and they will pack the bottle to take home if you don't finish it at the table. For a real treat, try the Poutine, house made French fries, VT cheddar cheese curd, giblet gravy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in MetroWestCityEnvyDined on 10/17/2014Zebra's has never disappointed. Interesting, high-quality food with a solid wine list, vibrant atmosphere and pleasant service. Incredibly unusual combination for MetroWest, but a welcome one to be sure. Standout dishes include the steak fritters and scallops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection everytime!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/17/2014We have been going to Zebras for several years now and have never had less than a perfect time. Wait staff to Managers are helpful and courteous. The food is always perfect. We utilize the rewards program and it's really phenomenal. You will not be displeaes with this choice.Special Features:
- Another great meal at Zebra'sDelish1VIPDined on 10/10/2014We celebrated my birthday last Friday night and had an great meal. I ordered the oysters followed by the salmon and my husband had the butternut squash soup and the scallops. We were very pleased with all our choices. The chef is very talented and we look forward to our next great dining experience at Zebra's. They are consistently good and perfect size portions. Keep up the good work. We will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/9/2014The food was very good, but as on previous visits, the service was a bit disappointing. We appreciated not feeling rushed at any time, but at some point not feeling rushed turns into feeling ignored. Unfortunately, this is what happened when, for example, it took over 15 minutes for two desserts and coffee to arrive. The French press coffee does require 5 minutes, as noted on the menu, but the wait was well beyond that.Special Features:
- Fun and different menu.SwedishGuestsVIPDined on 10/4/2014Appetizers and starters were special and delicious. Main's were ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Delicious MealnklwVIPDined on 10/4/2014We very much enjoyed our meal at Zebra's. The evening began with a fine choice of wine and an appetizer sample from the chef. The salad with apple was refreshing and lightly dressed. We enjoyed the hangar steak dinner and chicken dish. Salt was a bit heavy but didn't take away from the dinners. Dessert was a delicious chocolate treat followed with another chocolate candy provided by the restaurant. The setting was lovely and quiet. We were in the alcove with just 3 other tables. It made for a delightful evening, where you weren't forced to yell to hear your dining partner. We have decided to return in the not too distant future.
- fantastic dinnertripswithjennDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I had our anniversary dinner here and it was fantastic. Everything from meals, to service, to ambience was perfect! Our FAVORITE restaurant in the state of MA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zebra's is a Great SpotTelguy1Dined on 9/25/2014Have been to Zebra's several times. The food has always been great as was the service! They have a wonderful bar area and is a good place to have drinks and some appetizers.Special Features:
- amazingsticksnsconesDined on 9/15/2014I hadn't been to Zebra's for years. No reason other than it wasn't on my radar. It as much better than remembered. Everything was flawless. I asked to substitute the sides for the dish I ordered & the chef gave me the sides from BOTH dishes. More veggies for me!Special Features:
- First VisitpnwvVIPDined on 9/13/2014I have been wanting to try Zebra for over a year and finally went Saturday night. My only complaint was we were not seated until 40 minutes after our reservation. We arrived a few minutes early and was told it would just be a few minutes, which of course was fine. We went into the lounge for a pre-dinner drink. The hostess checked in after about 20 minutes and said "we have payers" so you are monents away from being seated. When she came back 15 minutes later we were escorted into the dining rooom and there were at least 10 open tables. That seemed not quite right, why if there were 10 open tables did we not get seated earlier. Had it not been for that I would have rated Zebra and the service as outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food...service disappointDinerextraordinaireDined on 9/11/2014We have been to Zebras a number of times and have always had a good time. I truly believe Zebras is a dining experience not just a place to get high end food. Unfortunately this past time was incredibly disappointing for the service. Took forever for everything to come out starting with the server forgetting to bring over our first glass of wine. He put in the wrong 1at course so mg husband ate his by himself while mine was "quickly" made. We had to rjnd the server about the cheese plate we ordered off the special menu which we wanted before anything but wound up eating at the same time as dinner. This was an anomaly though...normally service is refined and perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MargiDined on 9/11/2014The food was very good and the atmosphere was also very nice. We are definitely returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taz17VIPDined on 9/11/2014Always a neighborhood gem that consistently cooks up some of the best food. Love Zebra's!Special Features:
- finestaroundalwaysdeliciousDined on 9/9/2014Zebra's continues to be the best restaurant, by far, in the area. All its recent awards are certainly well earned... and each member of the staff take pride in their work. The food is delicious, the presentation is terrific and my wife and I look forward to each visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumyumDined on 9/7/2014Another wonderful experience.....................service and food were outstanding. Congrats to the chef and his staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot, Hot, Hot!LocalFoodieDined on 9/6/2014We arrived to find that the A/C wasn't working. It was crowded and noisy, which made it feel even more uncomfortable. The staff tried hard to make up for the conditions with attentive service and a lot of cold water to drink. The menu included a selection of Prix Fixe offerings; of these, we chose the swordfish, the rosemary chicken, and the hamburger--all very good, as were the desserts. One of our party ordered the scallops from the a la carte menu and pronounced it to be good; she would have probably liked it better had the room not been so hot. We are routine visitors to Zebra and will call ahead next time to make sure the HVAC is working.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysKateJakeDined on 9/5/2014This is our go-to restaurant in the suburbs. Impeccable service, lovely ambiance, delicious food and great drinks. Our favorite is the various samples sent out by the chef. Zebras never fails as a great evening out without having to travel into Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best YetMashpeeDined on 9/4/2014We come here frequently as it's walkable, but our last dinner, a prix fixe, was extraordinary. Kale Caesar Salad was genius and brightly colored and textured, the swordfish with the artichokes and fingerlings was melt-in-your-mouth tender. The ice cream cookie dessert was scrumptious and I'm not even an ice cream person. My husband had the swordfish but also the mussels, a very ample, tasty serving, and the crème brulee which was decadent. This is the first time we felt the portions were the right size. In the past, we've always walked away hungry....but this was deliciously satisfying. The waiter had a nice accent so he was fun too. Highly recommend. I hope the chef keeps this up!Special Features:
- Zebras A+DaughtersachefDined on 9/1/2014Zebras bistro is always great. The food and service never fail to impressSpecial Features:
- Another fine mealTimHDined on 8/31/2014We are regulars at Zebra's and have never been disappointed. The menu is always interesting and creative and since our daughters are both vegetarians, we especially appreciate that they have a vegetarian menu. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Wonderful service!TheCsDined on 8/31/2014We really enjoyed our evening out. I was happy to find such a nice, romantic restaurant outside of Boston. We wanted to celebrate our anniversary without the long trip downtown, and this was a perfect fit. The food was great. We had dates stuffed w/blue cheese as an amuse-bouche, then the cheese-scallion croquettes. I tried the watermelon salad - lovely vinaigrette and my husband had poutine. That could have been a meal all by itself, and it was tasty, too. We have the swordfish and the risotto. The risotto would have been better as a small side, but it did have a very fresh veggie taste. The swordfish was well cooked and came with interesting accoutrements. For dessert the creme brûlée was nice - lots of vanilla flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new menuEatoutoftenVIPDined on 8/30/2014We eat a Zebra's frequently and always look forward to changes to the menu as the menu is typically pretty small. Our meal was wonderful -- Had the squash carpaccio appetizer which was totally unique and the watermelon salad which was good as well. The scallop and swordfish entree's were both great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.