Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar
21 North St.
Medfield, MA 02052Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zebrasbistro.com/
- Phone: 5083594100x
- Hours of Operation:
Nightly: Bar opens at 4:30pm, Dining Room opens at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brendan Pelley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Zebra's "sister company" is Perfect Pear Catering. As a premium boutique
caterer, Perfect Pear Catering works with their clients to plan every detail
of their event, from the menu to the table setting, and beyond. Our goal is
to exceed your expectations and wow your guests, whether it’s a wedding for
250 or a small summer outing for 25 held at your home. Peruse our on-line
menu selections at www.PerfectPearCatering.com as a starting point in
designing your event and then let us customize a perfect event for you and
- Private Party Facilities: Make Zebra's your own, or have our "sister" catering companey, Perfect Pear Catering help you celebrate at another venue!
Whether you want the perfect weding, to entertain importanct clients, or a baby shower brunch with family and friends we will make you the perfect host.
Call Judy for details (508)359-4406
- Private Party Contact: Judy Beck 5083594406x
- Cross Street: Rt. 109
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Although most guest find it easier to park on the street in front of the restaurant (on North St.), Zebra’s Bistro also has a parking lot in the back and a few spots on the side of the restaurant both accessible from Jane’s Ave (off of Main St – Rte 109)
A word from Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar
Zebra's Bistro is "one of the best dining experiences in Metro West", and some say best in Boston and beyond. For two years in a row Zebra's has been awarded both Boston's Best Seafood and Boston's Best Group Dining by Citysearch.com. This delightful upscale-casual bistro first welcomes you into the warm comfortable glow of the wine bar, not only offering one of "Boston's Best Wine Lists", but also a full bar. Move into the dining room or onto the patio and you are sure to be impressed with the innovative "New American" menu, charcuterie, raw bar and local cheese. Zebra's was awarded Boston Magazine's "Best New Restaurant" upon opening and has also been featured on ABC's Chronicle and Fox TV. Zebra's is the proud winner of the B.I.R.A Platinum Plate Award for "Best Upscale Dining" in North America. And has an "Excellent" rating from Zagat restaurant guide which said, "If it were in Boston or Cambridge it would be the new hot spot-but most insist its worth the trip from anywhere."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Medfield ›
Zebra's Bistro and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (73)fit for foodies (69)special occasion (62)notable wine list (44)romantic (41)great for outdoor dining (18)vibrant bar scene (16)good for groups (12)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great new menuEatoutoftenVIPDined on 8/30/2014We eat a Zebra's frequently and always look forward to changes to the menu as the menu is typically pretty small. Our meal was wonderful -- Had the squash carpaccio appetizer which was totally unique and the watermelon salad which was good as well. The scallop and swordfish entree's were both great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZebrasAudieDined on 8/26/2014Zebras was an enjoyable experience, decor was relaxing, the menu was somewhat a foodie menu but had other cjoices that would please everyone, there should have been more choices for wine by the glass but we had a lovely mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved IT !!!ameldajrDined on 8/24/2014We Had A Wonderful time...The waiter we had was increadible met our every need and then some...food was a foodies find and half.Special Features:
- Back again...JosephDined on 8/23/2014Another wonderful meal at Zebra's! Four different entrees were selected by our party (of four). After completing the meal each of us commented: "... that was the best (swordfish, chicken, steak, hamburger) we had EVER had anywhere!" The wine list was well picked with several good options around the $50 range. Our server was attentive yet not over bearing. I'm surprised we don't go there more often!Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I have been dining at Zebra's for many years and it never disappoints! The food is fabulous and the staff is very courteous, professional and friendly. On our most recent visit I had the mussels, which were amazing. The steak was perfectly cooked and was delicious. My husband had the tartar which was also wonderful, along with the scallops, which he thoroughly enjoyed. Zebra's is just a delightful place and we will continue to dine there!!Special Features:
- Date nightPastrychef411Dined on 8/16/2014My boyfriend had never been to zebras and it's one of my favorite restaurants. We are both chefs and I wanted him to have a perfect meal after a hard work week. He wasn't expecting it to be as amazing as it was. We did the tasting menu, and everything was perfect... From start to finish it was perfect. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- City Quality in the BurbsdrjoekDined on 8/16/2014Zebra's is a great spot out in the suburbs providing really delicious, high quality meals. We went as a party of 4, all of us left feeling that this was a restaurant on par with much more pricey options in Boston. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Good, but skimpyVeggieEaterDined on 8/11/2014My wife and I eat vegetarian. We were excited about the various vegetarian options and each of us ordered different salads and mains. While the food was good, the size of the portions was under 2 or 3 ounces. The watermelon salad had 3 very small pieces of watermelon with the rind with at most 6 bites of melon. The other salad had only two very small pieces of tomato. The mains were skimpy too and we went elsewhere afterwards to eat. My son in law who eats meat did get a hamburger of decent size.Special Features:
- Fantastic DInnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We visited Zebra's for dinner for the first time. Everything was outstanding. We had a couple of drinks off the special menu which were excellent. The Charcutiere and Cheese was probably a little much for just the two of us as a starter, but interesting things on there. The wife cannot stop talking about her Risotto entree, which is actually starting to drive me a little nuts. Definitely a little pricier than we would typically dine, but I liked that it is still quite casual and comfortable in there. The dining area was probably around a third full at 7PM on Saturday night, but it may be because a lot of people are out of town these August weekends. I would like to go back and hang in the wine bar, which was a bit more lively and inviting.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Perfect with the exception that the air conditioner was set a bit too cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/30/2014We came here for our anniversary , based on ambiance and ratings. We were please by the decor service, as well as the food. The value was also superior to most places in Boston, where we usually dine. I noticed a review by someone who was complaining about the noise from a wedding!! I suggest they stay home and cook or get take out ! There was an event upstairs while we were dining and I felt like we were enjoying the festivities. Anyway, we had a great eve and will hopefully come back soon.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food FindOverwelmingDined on 7/24/2014Words cannot describe how great this place is. This is the best restaurant I have ever been in! You have to get the 5 Course Chef Tasting. It was so fun not knowing what was to come. Everything from the East Coast Oysters, French Fries with Truffle Sauce, Grilled Ribeye, Seared Scallops, Artisanal Cheese Tray, Falafel, Tuna and the list goes on...Not to mention the Happy Birthday Creme Brule!Special Features:
- Eclectic, but delicious menuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014Overall the food is fantastic, excellent work by the wait staff and kitchen on everything that was done during our visit. The wine list is very good as well and reasonably priced, if you're looking for a night out with good food an quiet surroundings... this is the spot!Special Features:
- Al frescoEatallthefoodsDined on 7/22/2014Had dinner outside on a recent beautiful night. The creative small plates, oysters and bone marrow were real standouts. The service was suprisingly attentive and polished. I felt like I was at menton!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!!smk1983Dined on 7/18/2014Excellent food and service. All around delightful restaurant. We recommend highly! Such a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find In The BurbsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Intimate, upscale little gem in Medfield Center. The food was delicious. The service was a 10. The menu choices were not elaborate but they were enticing. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Still Love Zebra'sJoeInBostonVIPDined on 7/11/2014I have been coming here for years. It's like driving into Boston to dine without the traffic.Special Features:
- yumyumDined on 7/11/2014Another wonderful experience. The chef is creative yet not way out..... lots of flavor and nice presentations. The waitstaff is pleasant and knowledgeable. Looking forward to the next special evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerepicureanDined on 7/10/2014My husband and I went to Zebra when it first opened. The food was very good then and it still is. It is a restaurant that I would go to on a special occaion. I love that fact that their servings portions are perfect!Special Features:
- What's all the hype?RinneDined on 7/7/2014The dollar oysters on Monday evenings and our delightful server were the highlights of our dinner. There is no doubt that Zebra's only uses the highest quality foods available, but the menu was terribly uninspiring. We struggled to find an entree and ended up ordering an $18 hamburger and the chicken. Perhaps we're just not "foodie" enough for this establishment?
- I was impresseddontgohereDined on 7/5/2014Had a really great time ! Our server was knowledgeable, professional, and had a strong understanding of anticipating guest needs. The hostesses gave an amazing welcome at the door. Food outstanding 5 stars! Wine 5 stars !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zebra restaurantBirtDined on 7/3/2014A wonderful find for excellent dining in local area. Chicken and steak dish both outstanding. Honey's chocolate cake fantastic!Special Features:
- MCM17Dined on 7/2/2014I have been to Zebra's many times and it never fails to be a wonderful dining experience with superb food, attentive waitstaff and a willingness to answer any questions about the menu. I always recommend to colleagues and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/29/2014We come here a lot. Food and service are almost always very good ! Have had very few subpar experiences over the yearsSpecial Features:
- Steak tartar and Darcie KentDana92484Dined on 6/28/2014Order the steak tartar because it will change your life! And then order a glass of the Darcie Kent!Special Features:
- Tasters choiceDnmrjDined on 6/25/2014The chef's tasting was a fun and eclectic experience, which we also paired with wine tasting flights of both reds and whites. The dishes were creative and unique; and each was a surprise based on what was fresh and struck a creative chord with the chef. A great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Outdoor DiningLocalFoodieDined on 6/22/2014Very good food--especially the burger!--and the key to having a quiet meal is to dine on their patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was excellent!CallistoVIPDined on 6/21/2014Went to Zebra's for a birthday celebration, and what a fine choice it was! The chef continues his high quality of design and food prep, making this restaurant a reliable choice for an excellent culinary experience. Service was also quite fine - warm and professional. Only small complaint is that the outdoor chairs (which are comfortable by themselves) are a bit low to the tables. But it is nice to have an al fresco option during nice weather. Thanks!Special Features:
- Not happy!MegsDined on 6/18/2014Been coming here since it opened - usually saving this for for special occasions. We were very disappointed with the menu selections and settled for a burger for our anniversary. Why? We don't eat soft shell crab, oysters, or lamb which is limiting, we know. However, this has never been a problem before. The kale and Romaine Caesar salad was delicious and the burger just ordinary. We mentioned it was our anniversary and were treated with a treat from the kitchen of 3 raspberries and 2 bites of Rice Krispy's-like treats. Very odd. Not sure we'll come for the next birthday.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceFranklinDinerDined on 6/14/2014My wife and I had a dinner at Zebra's last weekend. The hostess greeted us with a positive demeanor with compliments for my wife's attire. (Great way to start the dining experience.) We had a reservation, and the table was ready as soon as we asked to be seated. The service staff was knowledgable, friendly and attentive to our requests. We had a couple of questions about the menu, and the answers provided were accurate and guided us to delicious meal decisions. I enjoyed the yellowfin tuna poke as a starter, and we both had delicious entrees (the roasted chicken was very good). I highly recommend Zebra's for a nice, dinner as a couple or with other friends. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Fine dining in the neighborhoodcookieDined on 6/13/2014I wanted to catch up with my son over some fine dining, but not travel into Boston. The food was delicious and fresh. Service was super.Special Features:
- eehhh for the pricerlevDined on 6/10/2014The service was very good. The food was disappointing for this level of pricing ...
- Happy AnniversaryDanke2uDined on 6/8/2014Occasion recognized by staff, friendly congratulations generously shared, noted in chocolate by chef. Thanks for a nice evening of good food and company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrcrsiegelVIPDined on 6/7/2014Excellent as usual! Great place to go for great quality, innovative food without having to go in to Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond ExpectationsFoodiefindVIPDined on 6/7/2014The restaurant is in the suburbs, but it had the menu and style of Boston. Very interesting cocktails and the small menu assured us that the food would be fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningAleatsDined on 6/6/2014Gracious and friendly staff. A relatively small menu that showed broad diversity throughout all courses. Food was beautifully presented and perfectly prepared. Good wine list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/31/2014Staff was friendly, food very good, ambiance very good, service excellent. Great place for a long and relaxing dinner if you choose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerDaveDined on 5/30/2014We arrived on time for dinner and were seated immediately. The restaurant discontinued their sushi menu since I had last visited. The main menu has interesting choices, but I felt offered too few. There was only a single entree offered as a special. But the meals selected were nicely prepared and garnished with interesting vegetables. Overall, the food was good, the service excellent, and the evening enjoyable. The surprise birthday dessert was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Zebra's TimeschadmilleDined on 5/26/2014Had a great dinner there with excellent service and great ambience. ....very quiet. We will definitely return to try other things from the menu and dine outside on the terrace. The bar is a comfortable, cozy spot for a drink too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great night outbrunchloverDined on 5/24/2014sharing the evening with dear friends food,wine superb certainly not a surprise at Zebra!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.