1255 Johnson Ferry Rd
Marietta, GA 30068Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zealrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6784017142x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday thru Friday 11:30am-3:00pm
Dinner Monday thru Thursday 3:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner Friday-Saturday 3:00pm-11:00pm
Saturday and Sunday Brunch: 11:00am to 3:00pm
Sunday Dinner 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Please contact Scott Sawant
A word from Zeal
Zeal is a chic, farm-to-table modern eatery that brings to the Merchant"s Walk area of East Cobb an exciting new dining option. Our selection of craft beers and boutique wines and spirits blend with our chef inspired menu of appetizers, entrees and small plates which are 80% gluten free. A living room menu for the bar complements our crafted bar offerings and adds a vibe to gathering with your friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Zeal reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (79)fit for foodies (52)great for outdoor dining (48)good for groups (46)great for lunch (37)special occasion (31)notable wine list (26)kid-friendly (25)great for brunch (24)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (20)late-night find (14)romantic (13)scenic view (5)Show More
- ZealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The atmosphere at Zeal is very nice. Love the decor, cozy couches, and the flow from outdoor to indoor seating. The food was marginal. Ceasar salad with chicken was less than desirable - rubbery chicken and bland dressing. The black and blue salad was good but the same salad at longhorn is far better and more affordable for the size and quality. Will most likely spend my money elsewhere like common quarter or seed
- Wonderful evening!DLBJDined on 9/24/2014There were seven of us to celebrate my birthday. The large booth in the back was perfect for our group. The waiter, Seth, was very attentive and the food excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Ambiance and ServicePawDawg66Dined on 9/21/2014Zeal is one of my favorite places to dine out. Atmosphere is fantastic, service is great and the food is excellent! The staff are well versed in the menu and the manager is always present. If you like quality food in a casual atmosphere this is the place for you!Special Features:
- ChristinaDined on 9/20/2014We enjoyed the atmosphere, service was outstanding and our dinner was delicious. We had the hummus appetizer and I enjoyed the shrimp & grits. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular restaurantJimsDined on 9/17/2014My husband and my best friend had dinner at Zeal and everything was great. We shared a bottle of Rombauer Chardonnay and all had salads to start with. I had the shrimp and grits with Tasso, my husband had corvina(market fish) and my friend had the stuffed pork tenderloin. All very good! Then the best dessert ever was the white truffle cheesecake with a chocolate ganache. The cappuccino went perfect with the cheesecake. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with kidsDatenightDined on 9/17/2014We went to lunch with the kids and it was wonderful. The kids had lots of choices on their menu and my husband and I could not decide what to order, everything looked delicious. Staff was friendly and food was fabulous.Special Features:
- Great PlacegozealDined on 9/15/2014Seen Zeal a lot while out shopping and decided to try the place out, made a reservation for my spouse and I and absolutely loved the place when we arrived the wall on the far right side was a chalk-board and had the desserts written out on it and the bar was full of people watching the game. The food was just as good (if not better) than the menu made it sound. I had the gumbo which was full of meat and the Jasmine rice was the perfect addition. The Pie jars were Excellent and the mini goat cheesecakes were out of this world, will be coming back!Special Features:
- Just okKbirdDined on 9/13/2014Food was ok, service was pretty bad; took 45 min to get a drink and for appetizers to come out. Strange atmosphere and what seemed to be a shady crowd. Won't go back.
- Pricey, but friendly staffNew2BurbsDined on 9/13/2014It's a cute restaurant. Was disappointed that they seated us right by the kitchen/service area - high traffic was distracting (and I had mentioned it was a special occasion in my reservation.) My husbands burger was tasty. I got the fish special which was not great - it was fine, but the same price as my favorite dish at Atlanta Fish Market and not close to quality or flavor. Overall, our waitress was sweet, but it was too expensive for what it was...We may go back for lunch - but, will be checking out other places in the area before we return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedDissapontedagainDined on 9/13/2014Food was not very good!! So noisy in there we had to yell to our friends!Special Features:
- Above expectationsotpfoodieDined on 9/8/2014I had heard mixed reviews of Zeal and maybe it was growing pains, but they definitely have them ironed out now. There are drink specials about every day of the week and the wine and beer list are both good! The service was excellent and the staff super friendly. We ate in the dinning room, but the bar is really cool with a standing shuffle board table in the middle. Great TV's for sports watching and the patio is really cute with a glass garage door that opens to tables with umbrellas. The vibe is laid back with really good food! There is something for everyone and I can't wait to go back and try the burger! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- A bit too much curryinfrequentflierVIPDined on 9/8/2014Love Zeal, but the mussels this time had a bit too much curry. I also think they should reconsider charging for the bread basket. That should be included. Other than that, all was well!
- Great Birthday DinnerMMcpherrinDined on 9/7/2014Had a great experience. The wait staff was attentive and courteous. The food was exceptional. Best risotto I have ever had. I love the quantity of gluten-free options. Everything from appetizers, to the green tomato croutons in the salad to the main courses and dessert options. Love the fact that the food is locally sourced. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood place!eaindianhillsDined on 9/6/2014Really enjoyed our night out with friends in this fun neighborhood hangout!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I made a reservation through Open Table and received a confirmation but then it had been cancelled somehow. Fortunately, they had room but that sure is scary that there was a glitch with the system.Special Features:
- close but no cigarticklemeelmoVIPDined on 9/5/2014service slow, noise level moderate to high. don't need live music.food fair to good. 21/2 stars. ok for a neighborhood restaurant
- Pleasantly surprisedprettypickyDined on 8/30/2014After hearing some questionable reviews of this restaurant, we had hesitated to try it. We acquired a gift card for Zeal at a charity auction and decided to forge ahead and we were pleasantly surprised at how good it was. We shared a Mediterranean kabob appetizer and the "small plates" trout over couscous, stuffed pork tenderloin - all delicious! My husband had the NY strip over mushroom risotto - also delicious. The service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish it was better.FoodienotcookieVIPDined on 8/30/2014I've been waiting to go there thinking it would be on par with seed, the mill & chicken and the egg. It's not. It's good. But not great. If we go back it will be to take our kid for a burger & dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizers To Die ForChocoliciousDined on 8/30/2014Overall Zeal was fantastic. It was a party of 6 (including a baby :) and the service was great. I loved all of the appetizers we ordered. The Coconut Curry Mussels were delicious. I want to bottle that sauce and put it on everything. The duck confit naan was unctuous. The chicken lollipops were juicy little nuggets of tandoor cooked chicken and a lovely mango sauce with a little kick. The fried green tomatoes were extra delish. I would have given a complete 5 stars but the small plate I ordered was a bit cold. I ordered the lamb. The lamb and the cous cous were just a bit cold and I wasn't able to appreciate the flavors. Other than that, delicious food, great decor and awesome service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we found this place.loverestaurantsVIPDined on 8/24/2014Friendly, courteous staff, creative varied menu, really inexpensive for the level of food. I tried the fried green tomatoes with fig goat cheese and breaded. Really delicious. The Margeurita Naan Flatbread was excellent. I had grilled salmon with maple glaze. - excellent. Cooked just right and tasted great. My husband had a slight issue though. He order the trout with couscous. The chef was kind enough to cook him the couscous vegetarian (without chicken broth) and it took twice as long as everyone else's dish. Then when it came, the fish was dry. But overall, we enjoyed the meal a great deal, and if we're ever back in Marietta, we'll go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014had a 7pm rezy but had to wait 20 mins for a table. the food was good, not great, not bad. The "small plates" had the same amount of food as the "entrées", at least at our table that night. no sense paying the entree' prices. the dessert, we chose the bread pudding, was dry and over cooked, like a crusty muffin...yuck-oSpecial Features:
- Another WinnerKarinVIPDined on 8/23/2014We have been to Zeal many times and it is consistently good. Had the trout which was fabulous. The desserts in the small jars were really good. Best to order all 3!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group dining experiencegrlnxtdrDined on 8/23/2014Great place for group dining. Ambience wonderful. Menu varied but could have offered more entrée options in the seafood category.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disapointment!dotters2013Dined on 8/23/2014Trying to hard to be Seed. Had a coupon so we tried it. Won't go again. Food was mediocre and expensive. Will go to Seed and really enjoy the food for the same prices.Special Features:
- FinerDinerFinerDinerDined on 8/23/2014If you love peach cocktails, do not miss the Southern Margarita with fresh peach pieces in the drink! The burgers are unique. Mine had fig goat cheese and a fried green tomato on top. Zucchini fries are yummy too! Fun atmosphere and decor in East Cobb!Special Features:
- Copeland45Dined on 8/22/2014Great service and delicious food, good wine recommendations by staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our best yetBillyHuntVIPDined on 8/16/2014Food,drinks and service the best we've had on our third visit, Only problems no credit for groupon reservation and no working bathrooms.Special Features:
- Great new restaurant in East Cobb!PawDawg66Dined on 8/16/2014I highly recommend Zeal! Great food, great beers, great atmosphere! Did I say it was a great place. If you are looking for upscale in East Cobb at resonable prices this is the place to go.Special Features:
- Dinner Party ExclusivetenniskatDined on 8/16/2014Scott was so very kind and attentive to our request to have a dinner party at his restaurant. He personally answered our questions and made sure we were all well received and seated in a timely fashion. The wait staff was casual, attentive, and personable and were helpful with every dinner guest. Sean has been our waiter on several occasions and did not disappoint this time. He did very well with our group of 16 year old girls. My husband and I could not have asked for a better experience. We will be returning for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shout out to the Chef!BotkokingVIPDined on 8/15/2014I would like to give a mention to Chef Kayla who has been doing a really amazing job after recently replacing the previous Chef. She oversees everything that leaves the kitchen and a couple of my recent favorites are the Thai chicken flatbread, the veggie burger and the market fish tacos. Great job Kayla! You and your team are very accommodating and you prepare some very tasty dishes.Special Features:
- First timeDawnieWanieDined on 8/13/2014The restaurant is very attractive. The blue cheese tenderloin with mushroom rissoto was great. The seafood pasta would have been good had it not had so much sauce and lemony flavor. Calamari was delicious. Our server couldn't have been nicer. Very efficient as well. For me, some of the menu was not very interesting and some too pricey. I would go again and try the burgers.Special Features:
- Client LuncheonCmacDined on 8/13/2014Great Menu, food, Service! Loved the Patio seating. Perfect for entertaining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good, but priceysavvyladyDined on 8/10/2014Enjoyed it. But, without our half - off deal it would have been a very expensive lunch for 2 adults and 2 kids. Will only return for drinks or if I have a promotion.Special Features:
- small portionsmedineDined on 8/9/2014When it first opened it had good portions and designed for sharable dishes and reasonable price. WE had the seafood pasta and it had 3 shrimp, 4 tiny clams and pasta. Oh and the Shrimp was not cooked..the Chef agreed. They tried to do what they could but I wont be back. For that price you can go get some really good meals.
- Large menuGLdineoutDined on 8/9/2014Lots of choices. Pork chop tasty and nicely cooked. Trout was bland and Caesar salad strange as it was sweer and close to a mayonnaise mixture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish of the day was delicious.LynnAVIPDined on 8/9/2014Will go back again very soon! The fish and stuffed pork dish were both yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lack of ZealtkthebakerVIPDined on 8/8/2014This is a great place location wise and the bar is great! Outdoor patio and great bartenders, wine list etc. The menu is exciting but the food is lackluster. The mussels in curry coconut broth were so tiny there was barely any meat, the broth lacked substance and flavor. The lamb was overcooked and we sent it back only to have it come out again over cooked just not as much. Most chefs know that lamb is best served rare to medium rare. 1" mussels should not have left the kitchen and some of them never even opened. Very disappointing. I may be back but will only sit at the bar for a few drinks before dining elsewhereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud too longOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Extremely loud - couldn't really hear each other at all. Server was very attentive, but kitchen was crazily backed up. Food was ok. Manager did come by and apologize - with n/c desserts - but we would much rather have had our food in a reasonsable time. With Seed and Common Quarter nearby at the same price point - not sure it's worth it - unless the other two are booked. Seriously - 90 minutes for salad entrees!! Manager did call the next day - but prob won't try it again :(
- Why isn't it busier?NormsnanDined on 8/6/2014This restaurant should be packed, but it's not. Food was good, but there is something missing. We had a Thai chicken flatbread as an appetizer, which was very tasty. Our ahi tuna salads were good...but not great. Tuna was cooked perfectly, but was not terribly flavorful. Salad was fresh, dressing was dull...maybe because I had it served on the side. This restaurant appears to have what it needs to do well. They need to Kick it up a notch somehow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as always.JamesDined on 8/5/2014I was with a group of four this past Tuesday and had the best time. The new menu had lots of great choices on it, so we shared everything that we ordered. We had the special which was a pan seared salmon with a three cheese grit cake and a seafood cream sauce, a pistachio crusted lamb loin, the market fish with the seaweed salad and bok choy, fried green tomatoes with fig goat cheese and a cheese and charcuterie plate. We also had a bottle of Sancerre and a bottle of Cristom Oregon Pinot Noir. The white chocolate truffle cheesecake with the chocolate top was definitely worth trying. Even though it was busy, the service was still good. We will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.