680 Mall Drive
Schaumburg, IL 60173Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zealforfood.com/
- Phone: 8479950188x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday 11 am-12am
Saturday 4pm - 1:00 am
Live Music Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday Evenings
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Chef Vince Pecora
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: ZEAL can cater your event from 10 to 10,000. Weddings, Private parties, Corporate events. Call for 847-995-0188 for details.
- Entertainment: The bar/lounge hosts live entertainment on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday evenings. Music ranges from easy listening to pop, and there is a cozy little dance floor for those who want to dance the night away.
A word from Zeal
Zeal is a new restaurant in the Woodfield-Schaumburg area that serves great mix of Italian, Steaks, Chops, Tapas, and Seafood. Everything is Homemade, all from the finest and freshest ingredients. Experience Chef Vince and his unique take on food. Chef Vince Pecora has been serving great food since 1990. Weddings, Private parties, Corporate events, and even the President of the United States and Air Force One. The bar/lounge area serves fantastic drinks including specialty martinis and hosts live entertainment several nights a week. There is also a cozy dance floor for those who want to dance the night away. The personal touch of a family-owned restaurant and over 50 years of experience in the restaurant business is what makes Zeal unique to the area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Zeal reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)good for groups (48)neighborhood gem (46)vibrant bar scene (40)special occasion (30)great for lunch (19)romantic (17)hot spot (16)kid-friendly (11)notable wine list (10)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (7)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fun eveningGinnyVIPDined on 10/18/2014The music was great, the food was great, the service was very good even though it was so busy. The only thing that I think needs improvement are the cocktails they were not goidSpecial Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014The bar was hopping,bartender was great,whipped up a martini for me,a band started,were good~people were dancing!The only negatives were our server(although nice),and wine list. It took a long time for our server to come over,and when she did,she forgot to tell us about one of the specials,which my husband ended up getting.Then, she forgot the winelist(again,she was nice,and apologetic). It was my husband's B-day, and she never asked us if we wanted dessert or coffee when we were done with our meals. The food portions were big, and delicious. I got the chicken eggplant special, and he got the seafood suprema.Their suprema sauce has a slight kick to it, but good, nonetheless. We would go back, just hoping for better service next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Fantastic food and service from a family operated restaurant. Great spot for dinner and Chef Vince will customize your dish to your liking as he tries to meet with every table before they order. Nice outdoor patio area for dining outside. Definitely recommend to check this place out for any occasion!Special Features:
- Great placefuturex332Dined on 10/15/2014There was 7 of us who went there for dinner and then for the entertainment in the bar. The food was outstanding - everyone of us enjoyed our meals. The staff there was very accommodating and very helpful informing us of their specials for the evening. Can't wait to go back for both - the food and the entertainment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my favorite restaurantstravelgirlVIPDined on 10/14/2014No matter what I order to eat, it is always deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timedineoutfanDined on 10/11/2014Had a wonderful time. Good food, great entertainment in the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but for older crowdChicagoDinerVIPDined on 10/11/2014The food is good - very satisfying. But, ambiance was not what we expected. The restaurant's interior is outdated, the bar is almost separate from the dining area, and the dining area has two types of table - modern/sleek and old supper club. Finally, the hostess was literally (no joke) over 70 years old and wearing a senior citizen pastel track suit. Although our meal was delicious, we will not be returning.
- Go hungry!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Waitress recommended we get the half-plate salad. Four of us shared it and even took some home. Best part all 4 of us got to share the amazing gelato with caramel corn... sheer delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding MenuNeveradoubtDined on 10/10/2014Read some great reviews and it did not disappoint! Even though it is billed as Italian, it is more like Italian accents. Could not decide between four different entrees and finally asked the waitress what she thought would be the best out of those. She said the lamb shank and it did not disappoint. Tender and flavorable. All four of us enjoyed!Special Features:
- Good experienceNikkiDined on 10/10/2014I had a delicious salad. It was half portion but plenty for 2 of us. I had the lobster roll which was delicious but a little on the small side. Our waitress was very good and it was an overall good experience.Special Features:
- SATURDAY NIGHTRAMMCODined on 10/4/2014SERVICE WAS GREAT. WIDE RANGE OF FOOD SELECTIONS. FOOD WAS EXCELLENT & GENEROUSPORTIONS. THEIR MENU IS ACTUALLY LIGHTED SO THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO READ THE OPTIONS. THERE WAS ENTERTAINMENT....EXCELLENT. I RECOMMEND,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian cooking starts hereGourmetloverDined on 10/3/2014Some of the Italian dishes a little different example no-fried calamari only grilled. Huge portions don't get the Prime rib stuck with the Italian varietiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so goodSchaumburgslumpVIPDined on 10/1/2014Weren't impressed at all, unfortunately. We tried several dishes. The eggplant roll tasted like refrigerator. The filling was good but the eggplant tasted like it was in the refrigerator for a week. The clams tasted like they were frozen -- no pizzazz -- no fresh bread crumbs. Short Rib sliders were good and so was the sauce for the stuffed peppers with sausage. Probably will not return. Service was slow as well.
- What a Gem!KennethVIPDined on 9/27/2014Food, Service and atmosphere are outstanding.. Don't miss out on this restaurant.!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/27/2014Amazing food as usual, great service as usual, too noisy as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchLunchbunchDined on 9/26/2014Great food, great service! Enjoyed the outside patio. Very niceSpecial Features:
- eat3sliceDined on 9/25/2014Great service! Our server was Linda and she made the dining experience even better. Food was good and interesting. Owner/Chef stopped by the table and what a personality.Special Features:
- Not a Very Good ExperienceLSidVIPDined on 9/20/2014Started by not being able to walk around people dancing to get to bar seating. Food was average at best. Salty Lobster Popcicle, rubbery stuffed meatballs. All food was just luke warm. We did enjoy the cheesy beef and rueben style eggrolls. Drinks were very good. The entertainment was fantastic. The bar does not seem large enough for entertainment. I could have walked out on my bar tab before and after dinner and no one would have known.Special Features:
- time2dineDined on 9/20/2014Great food fun atmosphere the stuffed melrose peppers were soo good and we have been here many times never had a problem the entrees are amazing Love it here!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful mealFoodie1Dined on 9/20/2014I had zuppa di mare. OMG! It was the best! Tender calamari, not tough rings. Wonderful fresh seafood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!casualdinerDined on 9/20/2014Fun and interesting menu. The gnocchi and pork wing appetizers are amazing. Don't miss the sea salt caramel gelato with the popcorn mix in for dessert. Tables are close together and the restaurant was loud and lively.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZealTerschuDined on 9/20/2014Food was good. RestaurAnt was noisy. Music was good in bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PizzaDoloresVIPDined on 9/16/2014Pizza was excellent. Best we have had in a long time.Special Features:
- delicious italian, great servicecarolineDined on 9/12/2014The food was delicious with options for whatever kind of Italian you're craving. My husband and I ate here two nights while staying in Schaumburg and tried chicken parm (big serving, great sauce), Zuppa D'Mari (great shell fish and seafood, I ignored the linguini), lollipop lamb chops (small serving, perfectly cooked), porcini bags arribiata (large serving, comfort food). We also had sea salt caramel gelato and a cannoli and enjoyed both desserts. Service was very friendly and enjoyable.Special Features:
- Was hoping for betterDBS65Dined on 9/12/2014I ordered the swordfish and when it came to the table, there was an immediate burnt smell. I turned it over and the bottom was completely charred and I mean burnt. I showed to the waitress and she told me swordfish is well done. I said well done, not burnt to a crisp. Had a bit of an attitude but took it away and I got a new piece. this one looked much better but I had to eat around the center as it was not cooked fully. the other people I was with said their dinners were average, nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- Zeal is outstanding!jecamiDined on 9/12/2014I can't say enough about Zeal! From the moment we walked in until we left, the staff were very attentive without being intrusive. The owner, Vince, came to our table and reviewed the specials with us. I know there are many Italian restaurants in the Chicagoland area, but Zeal seems to be a step ahead with its menu; many combinations of pizza, meatballs served on polenta, fresh seafood dishes. The food was outstanding and the portions were generous. I haven't been around Woodfield in a while, but this is certainly worth the trip.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceEpiphanyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Portions are generous and cuisine is imaginative. Enjoyed dining on the patio very much as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Authentic Italian GemOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2014Zeal had great authentic Italian food and great service. It is definitely a very loud atmosphere though but that's part of what I liked about it, made me feel like a typical Sunday dinner in an Italian family.Special Features:
- ZEAL is great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/6/2014Zeal is a new restaurant for our family. Now that we have found it, we have eaten here on numerous occasions. Everybody leaves full and satisfied. Don't forget your leftovers! The staff is welcoming and always ready to make outstanding recommendations. The specials are always appealing but I prefer my go to dishes. Try the short ribs and lamb chops, both outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of Food--Great SaladsBarbaraVIPDined on 9/6/2014Typical American/Italian food. Lots and lots of food. We took friends out to dinner to celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary.The food was good. The salads are huge, four of us split two half orders. The salads were very fresh and excellent. My lamb shank was excellent, the skirt steak a little too chewy, the beef was prepared correctly (the second time---wrong order went to the wrong table). We had to wait for the correct order to be prepared. We had no room for dessert which was OK because the noise level was so high that we couldn't hear what was being served. We sat next to a large table of friends that got together for a celebration. They had a great time but our table could not really visit because of the noise.Special Features:
- Excellent MealluvgoodfoodDined on 9/5/2014There were 4 of us in our party, it was our first time there and we all ordered very different items from the menu. My husband was initially concerned about the broad menu and whether they could do a good job. Our meals were excellent and the waitress was very attentive (and they were busy, it was a Saturday night). We all declared we will return!Special Features:
- Delightful nightRayCVIPDined on 9/3/2014Our server was attentive and actually got everything right about our orders. The food was plentiful. Braciole was very good. I had the lingiuni and meatballs. I couldn't eat it all. It was very good. My girlfriend had a small salad and it was also plentiful and flavorful. The staff is very friendly here and the food was above average in taste. Make sure you are hungry when you go there as you get a lot of food. Even the small plate of Braciole was a lot of food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food with live entertainmentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014This place has great food, tasty pizza, pastas, sandwiches & deserts. If you're looking for an inexpensive place with good food this is it. Chef Pecora has been doing this years, & knows how to kept his customers happy. This is one of the best restaurants in Schaumburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!!ColleneDined on 8/23/2014The food was delicious and the service spectacular! From the cheesy beef egg rolls to the prime rib lasagne, pure perfection! My son loved the battered, deep fried Oreos!! I highly recommend Zeal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurantem11w273n2480Dined on 8/22/2014They didn't have items that were listed on the menu but did have items that were not listed. We had 2 different waitresses waiting on our table, each one didn't know what the other one had taken care of so had to ask us each time they came by if the other had helped us. The bathroom stuffed up while we were there so we had to wait over an hour to use the bathrooms. The food we good, but the restaurant appeared disorganized. They had a band which played too loud for dinner time. This place is better for the late night crowd. I would not dine there again.Special Features:
- Inside sales repSHERRIDined on 8/21/2014This establishment is 2 mi from my work, have met friends, co worksers, there. Never disappointed! Service and flavors outstanding . And great variation of price points.Special Features:
- A Must see & do...KennethVIPDined on 8/16/2014Went to dinner after the track. Menu is outstanding. I ordered the Double Stuff Prime Rib Lasagna.. Are you kidding me!!!! That was the BEST meal I've ever had. Bar scene is fun and the people are great to talk and mingle with. Of course we'll be back!!!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantJLSVDined on 8/15/2014We went to Zeal for the first time with out of town guests. Chancing it, I know, but we all absolutely loved it! The food was terrific and the wait staff was fabulous - very attentive. The atmosphere was relaxed. Will definitely be going back and would highly recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed. Identity confusedKiltedHopBrewingDined on 8/15/2014From outside appearances, Zeal looks like a nice restaurant but once inside, they are confused. The dining room, while trying to be upscale, is filled with TV screens showing sports. The atmosphere is noisy. The decor is quirky with quotes written on walls and the light-up menus. The menu is gourmet Italian but then the appetizer list has a giant hot prezel on it (bar food). The wine list is confused with wines listed as light body, medium, and full but these are really price categories as some of the actual wines belong in different categories. Two meals at our table were sent back twice "botched" and the chef finally came out with replacement meals to take home. The other meals were mediocre. Overall, a disappointing dinner.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We had a very good meal with each one of the four in our group ordered something different. The salads are huge so split one salad with four is more than enough. Server was fun and attentive. Will definitely return soon.Special Features: