680 Mall Drive
Schaumburg, IL 60173Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zealforfood.com/
- Phone: 8479950188x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday 11 am-12am
Saturday 4pm - 1:00 am
Live Music Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday Evenings
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Chef Vince Pecora
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: ZEAL can cater your event from 10 to 10,000. Weddings, Private parties, Corporate events. Call for 847-995-0188 for details.
- Entertainment: The bar/lounge hosts live entertainment on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday evenings. Music ranges from easy listening to pop, and there is a cozy little dance floor for those who want to dance the night away.
A word from Zeal
Zeal is a new restaurant in the Woodfield-Schaumburg area that serves great mix of Italian, Steaks, Chops, Tapas, and Seafood. Everything is Homemade, all from the finest and freshest ingredients. Experience Chef Vince and his unique take on food. Chef Vince Pecora has been serving great food since 1990. Weddings, Private parties, Corporate events, and even the President of the United States and Air Force One. The bar/lounge area serves fantastic drinks including specialty martinis and hosts live entertainment several nights a week. There is also a cozy dance floor for those who want to dance the night away. The personal touch of a family-owned restaurant and over 50 years of experience in the restaurant business is what makes Zeal unique to the area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Zeal reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (60)good for groups (50)special occasion (44)neighborhood gem (43)vibrant bar scene (40)great for lunch (33)romantic (25)notable wine list (19)hot spot (17)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (14)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Fantastic!!!ColleneDined on 8/23/2014The food was delicious and the service spectacular! From the cheesy beef egg rolls to the prime rib lasagne, pure perfection! My son loved the battered, deep fried Oreos!! I highly recommend Zeal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurantem11w273n2480Dined on 8/22/2014They didn't have items that were listed on the menu but did have items that were not listed. We had 2 different waitresses waiting on our table, each one didn't know what the other one had taken care of so had to ask us each time they came by if the other had helped us. The bathroom stuffed up while we were there so we had to wait over an hour to use the bathrooms. The food we good, but the restaurant appeared disorganized. They had a band which played too loud for dinner time. This place is better for the late night crowd. I would not dine there again.Special Features:
- Inside sales repSHERRIDined on 8/21/2014This establishment is 2 mi from my work, have met friends, co worksers, there. Never disappointed! Service and flavors outstanding . And great variation of price points.Special Features:
- A Must see & do...KennethVIPDined on 8/16/2014Went to dinner after the track. Menu is outstanding. I ordered the Double Stuff Prime Rib Lasagna.. Are you kidding me!!!! That was the BEST meal I've ever had. Bar scene is fun and the people are great to talk and mingle with. Of course we'll be back!!!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantJLSVDined on 8/15/2014We went to Zeal for the first time with out of town guests. Chancing it, I know, but we all absolutely loved it! The food was terrific and the wait staff was fabulous - very attentive. The atmosphere was relaxed. Will definitely be going back and would highly recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed. Identity confusedKiltedHopBrewingDined on 8/15/2014From outside appearances, Zeal looks like a nice restaurant but once inside, they are confused. The dining room, while trying to be upscale, is filled with TV screens showing sports. The atmosphere is noisy. The decor is quirky with quotes written on walls and the light-up menus. The menu is gourmet Italian but then the appetizer list has a giant hot prezel on it (bar food). The wine list is confused with wines listed as light body, medium, and full but these are really price categories as some of the actual wines belong in different categories. Two meals at our table were sent back twice "botched" and the chef finally came out with replacement meals to take home. The other meals were mediocre. Overall, a disappointing dinner.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We had a very good meal with each one of the four in our group ordered something different. The salads are huge so split one salad with four is more than enough. Server was fun and attentive. Will definitely return soon.Special Features:
- local gemSandim25VIPDined on 8/12/2014Chef Vince provides a varied menu with choices for everyone's taste. The dipping oil and balsamic is delicious. We've been several times with friends, and no one has been disappointed. Can't wait for the patio to open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!KarinBDined on 8/11/2014This family owned restaurant is a keeper! The menu choices are excellent, the food is fresh and tasty, and the service is friendly.Special Features:
- Love the light-up menus!austinitesDined on 8/11/2014Overall the food was very good. The bread and olive oil/balsamic is delicious. I would say it was too noisy and tables squished together too tightly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarenDined on 8/11/2014We've been to Zeals many times and enjoy being there every time.
- Great food. Ok service. Very loud.SteveSkoDinesDined on 8/8/2014Because the dining room is a bit small, the room is very noisy. The food is great and we will be back. The specials are delicious and decently priced. My girlfriend and I are a tad bit picky and Zeal accommodated all out wishes no problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZealAshZDined on 8/8/2014Restaurant ambiance was good, we went on a Friday night and there was live music that we enjoyed. Food was overpriced for the quality. We ordered chicken primavera (the special for that night) and the chicken was a processed patti as opposed to an actual chicken breast. The dish was $22 and I would not pay more then $7 for the quality of it. Other dishes tried included the shrimp ceviche (tasted too fishy to even eat once it came out) and the braised short ribs (very bland. I had to add a Ton of salt and pepper and I HATE having to do this). Our waitress could have used wine knowledge. It was clear she had no idea what we were ordering or what would compliment out dishes. We might go back just to visit the parlor and hear the live music.Special Features:
- KarenDined on 8/6/2014Linda is a very good attentive server. We have been here many times and have great experiences each time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!sweenseatsDined on 8/5/2014Had a girls night out and food and wine was delicious. We had a great time and Chef Vince could not have been nicer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreDinr42Dined on 8/5/2014Was excited to try out Zeal, but really expected a better outcome. The decor is bland. Wasn't sure why they had tv's strategically placed throughout restaurant as not a sports bar or pub. Menu was diverse. Wine selection was adequate. Nothing really stood out - just ok. The acoustics are poor, esp as more people come into restaurant so can become difficult to have conversation. I would say worth a try, at least once.Special Features:
- Food,service reviewlouev123Dined on 8/2/2014We ordered five different dishes, braciole, grouper francaise, chicken parm, baked ziti, and stuffed meatball. All dishes were good except the braciole, it had a sweet taste which was not suited to our taste. The baked ziti could have used more ricotto cheese. The waitress Mary was a delight and it was nice to meet the owner. It is very important for someone to check the dishes before they leave the kitchen. I will go back to Zeals for I feel there were a lot of positives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pizzaJamaicajoDined on 8/2/2014Don't forget zeal for their pizza! Nice thin crust- split a sals and you've got a good dinner. Wine is on the pricey side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luncheon @ ZealOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/31/2014Great for business lunch. Ample portions, great salads and desserts to share. Enough to take some home. will returnSpecial Features:
- ehthorDined on 7/26/2014Every blue hair in the western suburbs must have been there. ..no one under 50. No cocktail menu. About 7 wines on the wine list. 4 beer taps. Service was deathly slow and the waitress was obviously overwhelmed by her job. Food was better than expected, especially considering the tacky decor. Overpriced for what you get. I think all of the excellent reviews must be a reflection of the clientele's low expectations and not the actual restaurant.
- New addition to the Favorites ListAngelaTVIPDined on 7/25/2014Liked it so much, I brought my family the next day, and they all LOVED it. Not an easy crowd to please, and we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great frest FoodDiKTVIPDined on 7/24/2014We have loved the last few times we visited Zeal and it is now one of our favorite restaurants. The one distraction was the Colossal Pretzel which was not fresh but the cheese sauce was good if you like cheese fondue. That is how I considered the dish was a cheese fondue. I will be back to try their outside seating and different appetizers.Special Features:
- Yummy & Don't Skip Dessert!!!!eatitupDined on 7/19/2014We went to Zeal on a recommendation from a client. Heard great things about the service and food. We were not disappointed! The service was great the food was outstanding. But then we got to dessert and we were blown away by the Choc Chip Gelato with Carmel Corn and Salted Carmel. Chef Vince came to our table an the onset and pointed out the most wonderful things. Downside it was hard to choose what to try we wanted it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very, very loudalr3Dined on 7/15/2014The staff is very friendly, the food was good, but I wish I'd tried something other than the Braciole, which was not pounded as thinly as I'm used to. The lobster options were intriguing; next time. It seems as though they're still in the throes of remodeling; it would be very good if they figure out a way to put some sound-dampening on the walls.
- Excellent food, great chef.Service?Paul820Dined on 7/12/2014Once you get over an overly crowded dining room, and slow service, the food is terrific. The tables were very close to each other, even the servers had a hard time getting from table to table, thus leading to slow service. Saving grace was that Chef Vince walked the dining room and was genuinely concerned with everyone's dining experience. His recommendations were spot on, and his favorite dessert was simply decadent!! If they could find a way to reduce the noise level at dinner, this would be a must stop among all the restaurant choices in Schaumburg. As it is, we would not hesitate to recommend Zeal to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad they're hereSandim25VIPDined on 7/12/2014We've been twice and have brought 4 other couples all together. Everyone has enjoyed the food (and Linda's service) and plan to return. Chef-owned local places are our favorites. Welcome to the neighborhood!Special Features:
- Cool MenusOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2014This is a solid restaurant overall. The ambiance is a little nicer than a sports bar, the service is fast and friendly for the most part and the food is well-prepared. The new light-up menus are cool and are much easier to read.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good gelatoAnonymousVIPDined on 7/2/2014Salted Carmel gelato was AWESOME! Everything else was pretty mediocre.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/1/2014Food was not good, I had stuffed meatballs that were so tough it was hard to cut them with a knife. My daughter had baked pasta and was up all night with a stomach ache. Also, when we arrived the hostess asked if we were celebrating an occasion, my husband said yes, it was my birthday. As we were walking to the table the hostess told the waitress it was my birthday. Yet, no acknowledgement of it at all. Why ask? The waitress was very put out when I asked her about the specials, since we couldn't see the board where they were listed, and made a big point of how busy she was (there was another table right next to us with 5 people).
- Awesome Food!gr8foodDined on 6/28/2014Pleasantly surprised at the menu choices and quantity of food served. I can't say enough about the food, we dined on the Meatball Salad, Chix Parm and Gnocchi Suprema which was excellent!!! I can't wait to go back and try the other items that I had a hard time choosing from. Chef Vince was very approachable and staff friendly. Ended meal with Hazelnut Gelato and a cannoli which also was great! Pricing was very reasonable and I would definitely recommend Zeal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new restaurantCathyDined on 6/27/2014Good from start to finish. Great Cosmo, dipping oil and bread were great, food was excellent, portions were huge and our waitress, Andrea, was efficient and fun. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Chef Vince's ZealGJT643Dined on 6/26/2014We had a very nice meal with very good service. The menu provides a very good selection and is nicely priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally a good Italian restaurant!KayzieDined on 6/24/2014At last the Schaumburg area has a restaurant that I would definitely recommend to family and friends. Have been there twice and the food and service have been excellent. Their chopped salad is delicious! The braciole and chicken suprema were excellent and the portions huge that can be shared by two people.Special Features:
- local findSandim25VIPDined on 6/21/2014First time there and brought friends. The dipping oil is incredible. I'm guessing they use a cream of balsamic in the oil - very smooth and sweet. Everyone ordered a different entrees. We were all very happy. Prices were surprisingly reasonable. We shared and loved the monster chocolate cake. The only downside to some of the desserts, the chocolate cake and carrot cake - is that they're for sharing or taking home. We don't take home dessert. If we're not with others, we wouldn't order anything else - if they're out of cannoli, again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichardSDined on 6/21/2014My wife and I have eaten there on two occasions for dinner and were very pleased with the friendly staff and great food. Love the grouper francese. Extremely tender and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jtcd60Dined on 6/20/2014The food was good. Menu selections was were just ok. The lamb chops was really good. The eggplant parm had way to much cheese only two pieces of eggplant. It was very tasty tho. Not many grilled choices for weight conscious people. Crowd was much older than I expected however the lounge music was for an older crowd. I was with my young adult children and I dont think they would go back with their significant others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Great local upscale restaurant. Love the decor and food was good and priced great. Love the fact that the owner is also the chef. Our waitress was friendly. Was a bit noisy, but all the tables were filled. My lamb was good, but one was thicker than others so one was cooked medium like I asked others more well done. Will try again for sure.Special Features:
- excellentSherriDined on 6/18/2014Fourth time here , food, service fantastic...love the unique menus, will bring friends back to experience the excellenceSpecial Features:
- Good food Large portionsminimassDined on 6/13/2014The food was very good with one exception, the calamari steak, which had no real flavor and was a little tough. The Sea Bass was delicious so was the beef and the pasta. The portions are very large so we were very happy that we did not get a salad or an appetizer to start. The desserts were also delicious with the exception of the tiramisu, which did not have much taste. That was very disappointing. However, the carrot cake was amazing--huge portion but really delicious. We also really liked the fruit sorbets.Special Features:
- Glad we checked it out!JEN8579VIPDined on 6/13/2014When we first walked up the awning says "family owned and operated" which I thought was cool (i hate chain restaurants). We checked in with the hostess, which i am fairly sure was Chef Zeal's mom. We were served warm table bread and a delicious olive oil/balsamic dipping plate which had garlic, red pepper and basil mixed in. the presentation was really nice. For dinner, I ordered the Chilean sea bass with confetti rice and asparagus and it was AMAZING! the best sea bass i have had! My husband ordered the chicken Parmesan which he also liked. For dessert we ordered a slice of the homemade chocolate cake; had i known it was $14 for a slice of cake i probably would not have ordered it, but it was also very good!Special Features: