Zea Baton Rouge
2380 Towne Center Blvd.
Baton Rouge, LA 70806Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Zea Baton Rouge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zearestaurants.com/
- Phone: (225) 927-9917
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Sunday: 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
A word from Zea Baton Rouge
Zea Rotisserie & Grill's unique menu offers inspired American food created around a wood burning grill and rotisserie. The award-winning restaurant is known for its distinct, modern flavors and contemporary atmosphere. From the rotisserie meats, grilled seafood dishes, great salads, and delicious sandwiches, there's something for everyone at Zea. Catering available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zea Baton Rouge reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (9)special occasion (9)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)romantic (4)great for lunch (4)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- An Enjoyable NightFoodLovers101Dined on 11/15/2014I made reservations through the OpenTable App. I arrived about 15 minutes early prepared to wait since there was a wait list & lobby full of people. Instead I walked through the door, gave the name of my reservation and was promptly seated. My server (Jacob) came to the table within minutes of us seating down. He was attentive and knowledgeable about the menu which I loved. I very much appreciated the time & focus he gave me & my mom as it was a very busy night for Zea's. Not once did I feel rushed or less important than any other guest. Lastly, the food was awesome!! And I think Jacob may have hooked me up, but I got the hugest portion of Sweet Potato Bread Pudding I'd ever seen. And it was the best thing ever!!! Completely made my night (Since I had been saving calories to enjoy this item alone). Really enjoyed my visit. Would definitely recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- trydineDined on 11/14/2014Atmosphere was good and service personnel great. Probably would order next time what the restaurant is known for, i.e. chicken, beef, ribs, etc. fish dish average, and fish taco's below par. Salad good as were the sides , particularly corn grits. Was not too happy about 4.50 per bottle of Heineken's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for special occasionslsu1978Dined on 9/13/2014Zea has fantastic food, great ambiance, and wonderful wait staff. Took my significant other there for his birthday and had an amazing, romantic time. The waitress was very helpful and courteous but did not annoying stop by and check on us every 10 seconds. Graciously gave my partner a free birthday dessert, which was fantastic. I highly recommend the Mediterranean hummus (which is great with both the pita and cucumber slices), and my partner raved about the ribs. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodtimeDined on 8/8/2014Nice birthday dinner. Staff friendly, good food. A little busy on a Friday night, but enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- A pleasant evening in Baton RougeLenittoDined on 8/2/2014A very nice dinner. We began with and Old Fashioned and a Z margarita.The food was very good. There were two of us. We both had the crispy duck with braised cabbage and grits, and a nice bottle of zinfandel. We will certainly return on our next trip to the city.The service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick and easyCigi8Dined on 8/2/2014Open Table reservation on a Saturday night for 2 on a whim, and we were seated quickly! Service was prompt and attentive, food was good, and it was a pleasant noise level where we could have a conversation. My daughter and I enjoyed it! Will go back, for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceJudyDined on 7/31/2014Our server was Tyler and he did a fabulous job. Though he was very busy he was attentive to our needs. Foo was great. Mediterranean HUMMUS is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 126 reviews are from the Zea Baton Rouge reviews archive.
- A Good MealOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/26/2014We always seem to order the same; never venture too far off of what we like. I did have the roasted chicken breast with the Zea's salad. It was loaded with roasted red peppers. The corn grits were good albeit a bit on the dry side. But still tasty nonetheless. Will come again.Special Features:
- Love the Mediterranean hummusJudyDined on 7/19/2014Rotisserie selections are wonderful and the hummus is the best in Baton Rouge! Service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrimp Breaux Bridge is the Best!DoNotCookDined on 7/5/2014Has different menu items to satisfy everyone. Shrimp Breaux Bridge is the BestSpecial Features:
- FLboundDined on 6/26/2014The food was great and the service was outstanding. Easy to locate from interstate. Hotels nearbySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodReneepVIPDined on 6/12/2014One of our favorite places to go. Have not had a bad meal there yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodChuckHolmesDined on 6/12/2014Excellent food, great prices, great service. Will definitely recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Excellent ServiceEarleWWDined on 5/26/2014The number in our party changed several times prior to our actual reservation time and the staff at Zea never faltered in adapting to the extra guests. Mike, our server, was very attentive and friendly. The food was very good and we served in a very timely fashion. We are looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad nightKillerpaydoDined on 5/18/20141 entree was served undone. Service was awful , drinks not refilled but we got comped lots OD dessert. Lunch is a better feelingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!BulldawgfanDined on 5/3/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary and the food was great. Everything we ordered was perfect. We had a great waiter too. One of the best dining experience I've had since moving to Baton Rouge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeedyDined on 4/26/2014I did not appreciate the fact we had too wait to be seating because 2 of our 6 guest were there. The restaurant was not even packed so we should have been seating. The ladies at the front were very rude and I do not think I will be going back. I can understand us not being seating if the restaurant was packed but it wasn't. The food was ok, but I don't think I will be dining there ever again. But I must say the waiter Christian was the best!!! He was on point and I really enjoyed his company as our waiter.
- Room for 10KrlaDined on 4/25/2014Zea's is a great place to celebrate special occasions with a large group. We were seated on time. The server was nice and the food arrived very fast. They also allow you to bring in cake for the celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just love itgemswettieDined on 4/19/2014Thai ribs an corn grits are to die for. We order spicy edamame an crab cakes as appetizers an they are scrumptious. The bartenders have a heavy pour an drinks are worth the pricenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- firstdatehappydateDined on 3/7/2014I enjoyed the fact that I was able to hold a very normal conversation and eat good food. Being able to speak and listen to my date without having to holler was a plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJamjamDined on 3/1/2014Awesome place to dine! Very reasonably priced! Awesome service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for GroupsgroupdiningDined on 2/22/2014It was easy to make the group reservation online. We were seated fairly quickly upon arrival, and the good was great!Special Features:
- Good service, poor foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Me and 5 of my friends went for my birthday, we had a very nice waiter but the food wasn't on point. Two people in my party got pasta which they didn't eat because the noodles were under cooked. I got a fish dish that was pretty good but the portion was small so we had to get food again later that night.Special Features:
- Great Experiencegr8tdinerDined on 2/7/2014I dined there with 4 other friends and we had a great time. The food was really great and service was good, too. Can't wait to go back to get the guacamole again. It was superb. I want to try everything on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good. unfortunately,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/2/2014Food was good. unfortunately, the restaurant was out of two dishes that we wanted (spinach dip and a duck dish). I understand that these things happen, though. What we got instead was still delicious. Our server was attentive and nice, however I forgot her name. (Sunday - first two seater booth)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome restaurantLovetocookDined on 2/1/2014We moved to Katy TX from Canada two years ago and my wife said this was the best restaurant meal we have had since we moved. My 12 year old daughter asked if she could come back here for her birthday dinner. The duck empanadas and shrimp appetizers were awesome. Everyone had different main dishes that included 1/2 chicken, BBQ ribs, veal dinner special and the twice roasted duck. My wife had the duck and would not share as it tasted so good. Brownie dessert and turtle cheesecake finished off the meal. The staff serving us were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always yummyletseatDined on 1/25/2014Love the Mediteranian Humus and the cheese grits. They do steaks well, too. WISH THEY WOULD BING BACK THE COBBLER WITH ICE CREAM....... Actually cost less than we had anticipated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zea's surprised me with theirGarrickDined on 1/17/2014Zea's surprised me with their customer service. It was a busy Friday night for them. Wait was about 30 minutes. However we put our names on the list to be called but I told the hostess to call me or text me when ready. 45 minutes later with no call or text we decided to go back in and ask bout the wait. She apologized about not calling us, and made it her duty to find us a table. We got sat right away and plus they gave us an appetizer on the house for the trouble.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceBFfoodie1Dined on 1/17/2014We were seated almost immediately, even though the restaurant was packed. Unfortunately, it was packed with a bunch of middle/high schoolers who were apparently on their way to a dance or other social function, so they were running back and forth between tables, which added to the already hectic atmosphere of a very busy restaurant. That wasn't the fault of the restaurant, though, so I give them a pass on that. The service was efficient and our server was friendly, and the food was quite good (if served a bit lukewarm.) We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zea ZooJohnhVIPDined on 1/10/2014This restuarant always packs them in. Great for groups because of the varied menu. Everyone always finds something to eat. Only downside is that it can get a little noisy but ask the server to seat you in a corner and everything will be fine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayvswallaceDined on 12/23/2013I was impressed when I walked in. However, our server who did not come back as requested, was too busy to properly serve my group. The food was decent, but the service sucked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, very good serviceLERGDined on 12/22/2013We had a party of 6, with 5 different dishes ordered, and everyone enjoyed their food very much. Ribs, fish, steak - all delicious. Service was very good, restaurant has good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeleelooDined on 12/1/2013We eat at Zea's regularly, but this was the first time we made reservations on line. The service and food has always been excellent. I personally love the corn grits and recommend it to my family and friends all of the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you want tasty quality dishes...ccgwDined on 11/30/2013Most of items ordered very well done and tasty. It is the type of restaurant that won't disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Messed up our reservationLNCPHEDined on 11/23/2013Hostess was very rude. Our reservation was for 7pm which I had my email confirmation showing. She argued it had been for 6:30. We had to wait for almost half an hour for another table. Hostess did not apologize for the confusion or try to make it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!GreatDined on 11/2/2013My boyfriend and I had a great time. Our food was excellent and even though the resturaunt was crowded, our food cam out in a timely manner. It's one of our favorite places. We'll be back.Special Features:
- It's a CelebrationShyneDined on 10/5/2013A friend recommended me there and I chose to celebrate my birthday there with a couple of friends and family. I enjoyed the scene and the food was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationBirthdaygirlDined on 9/29/2013My friends and I celebrated my birthday here. The food came out quick and was very good. The service was fast and on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed ZeasDeeboyjDined on 8/25/2013Food was good, atmosphere was good. Waitress was good. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Change of Pace!MDB76Dined on 8/10/2013My wife and I dined at Zea's for the first time last week. We chose it because we were looking for something we had not tried before. The food and menu looked good from their website so we decided to give it a try. The reviews did not lie, Zea's was very good. They have a daily selection of rotisserie entrees with other great dishes. Everything we had was very good, I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.