1810 S Catalina Ave
Redondo Beach, CA 90277Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zazourestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3105404884
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 9:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Guy Gabriele
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Zazou Restaurant
The space is elegant, casual, yet refined. The design is modern, somewhat bold, yet inviting. A stunning new interior with warm rust colors, vibrant greens and modern accents to enliven the bustling dining-room and bar space.Continued
Authentic and artful Provencale and Tuscan cuisine, complemented by a perfect balance of market fresh California stylings. Part of the menu offers classic dishes, the other rotates innovative, seasonal fare.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Zazou Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Redondo Beach ›
Zazou Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)romantic (15)fit for foodies (15)special occasion (14)notable wine list (10)good for groups (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- European Bistro ala French AccentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014I dont know why we do not go here more often. The service, wine and especially food, so enjoyable. Steak Au Poivre couldnt be any better. The Pomme Frites thin and perfectly crisp! We feasted on mussels, pork belly, the largest beef short rib I have ever seen, crab cakes and rigatoni with lamb bolognese!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/29/2014We were there on a Monday for our anniversary. Great food. Lots of choices and very flexible. My wife had the chicken and I had the fish special. Both were great. The waitstaff was super and took great care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good Foodgr8beachrealtorDined on 9/9/2014The menu changes so you always have something new and exciting to try.. The lamb kebobs served on a bed of pureed Fava beans with mint was terrific as were the beef short ribs .... and the best pomme frittes ..be sure to order the sauce on the side for dipping!Special Features:
- A GemSuzanneDined on 8/30/2014It has a certain charm for a neighborhood restaurant, great service and menu with hip bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!JBixDined on 8/29/2014Zazou has become a go-to restaurant for the four of us - great servers, great food, great service and always interesting people at the surrounding tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!OptionalDined on 8/13/2014One complaint - the music was loud relative to being able to talk over it WITHOUT being energetic. Food was good, as usual. Service was terrific, as usual.I would recommend this to a friend.
- sbdinerDined on 7/17/2014I have eaten at Zazou many times and have found the food very good. On my latest visit we had the Brie appetizer along with the ahi appetizer. Both were very good. For our entrees, I had the pumpkin ravioli (one of my favorite selections), and my friend had the filet mignon (?). We both enjoyed our selections. For dessert we had the floating island (so light but the caramel was too sweet) and chocolate mousse which was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid RestaurantdoctorpescadoDined on 7/16/2014Been here many times. Always unique and very carefully crafted food. The service is the best you can have...very professional wait staff with the GM usually floating about. Not over attentive, but just professional. Sensible sized portions and good wine list. Not for the feint of heart for either your palate or pocketbook. You want to impress a date, your wife, or a business partner (or perhaps all three!) go here.Special Features:
- Fit for FoodiesBonBonDined on 7/11/2014Everything was delicious. The prices are reasonable for the level of food. The Farro Risotto was outstanding and a definite recommendation. I'm still craving it now.Special Features:
- The following 164 reviews are from the Zazou Restaurant reviews archive.
- Always wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/16/2014Every time I have dined at Zazou the experience has been great. Food great. Ambiance great. Service great. You can't go wrong at Zazou!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatAutotelicDined on 6/6/2014This is where my girlfriend wants to come for dinner. Any questions?Special Features:
- DOES NOT DISAPPOINTDelishDined on 5/23/2014Zazou continues to be one of my favorite restaurants in the Riviera. The Host, Victor, is very entertaining and makes us feel welcome from the minute we walk in. The food is always very consistent, and never disappoints with their "specials".Special Features:
- Best at the beachElenDined on 5/18/2014This is one of my go to restaurant when I visit Redondo Beach. The food is always amazing as well as the service. Cute place to go on a date night, Sunday brunch or a weekday lunch. Walking distance to the beach. Also lots of unique shops to check out. Never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new "find"DeliciousVIPDined on 5/12/2014First time I've been to Zazou and loved it! One of my favorite restaurants in Manhattan Beach recently closed (Cafe Pierre). Zazou is now serving some of their dishes. I "think" Cafe Pierre's chef went to Zazou .... but not certain about that. Regardless, I found the menu very interesting, the food was divine and the service was superb. I will be going to Zazou on a frequent basis.I would recommend this to a friend.
- still getting its bearingsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/11/2014zazou is an institution in redendo beach, but the new ownership and vision of the restaurant is a little shaky. the food was subpar, and the menu seems overly eclectic/confused (is it a mexican restaurant, italian, brunch place?). perhaps it will get better once they've got a few weeks under their belt. otherwise, zazou risks alienating a long-standing customer base.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014We had not been to Zazou in quite some time and thought we give it a try again. We were very disappointed in our overall experience. The food was mediocre especially for the price we were paying. I paid $30 for three large scallops. I think this is a bit over priced even for being close to the beach. The service was poor as our server was trying to cover 8-9 tables. Looked liked they were understaffed. All and all not a good experience for $140 for 2 people....
- A gemQuirkyDined on 5/6/2014Service was very good. Friendly and attentive. Everything was very well done, from salads to the entrees. Our party of four were completely happy with everything we had. A little on the noisy side but that seems to be the in thing.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in redondo beachDoedyVIPDined on 4/29/2014Visiting from New Jersey, tried this place and it was amazing! Next time I'm back in California I will defiantly be back to this restaurant it was excellent and they didn't even seem to mind our loud Jersey mouths!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZazouRobinVIPDined on 4/29/2014I've always enjoyed their food, they have great service & I think they have an excellent selection of wine. On this occasion, service was exceptional. Victor helped us with our wine selection and I think our server was Melissa (Server #13)...she was so knowledgable about the cheese selections. We had a fantastic dining experience all around!Special Features:
- BillDined on 4/28/2014Wonderful food. Our waiter was knew the food, the prep, the ingredients and the wine. Suggested a great wine pairing for my wife's entree. I had not been here in over ten years and it was better than I remembered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with the familyPVEdinerDined on 4/27/2014I've been dining at Zazou for a couple years now and have noticed a steady decline in their food. Recently, we (party of 4) had dinner there. The restaurant was understaffed as there was only 1 server. As it got a bit busier (6 tables) we got neglected. Not ideal but understandable since it was a Sunday night. The food was much worse than the last time I dined there (2 mo. ago). Here's what we ordered and our thoughts: Moules Frites Poulette: Creamy sauce and mussels were fresh. The pommes frites came out barely warm Spaghetti Vongole: Barely any sauce and the clams were not fresh Grilled Lamb Sirloin skewer: Perfectly cooked lamb. Fava bean puree was an interesting flavor Wild Boar pappardelle: delicious but too greasy for our tastes
- Such a great experienceWhitney5Dined on 4/26/2014We went to Zazou restaurant Saturday night as a party of 5. The host/rest manager was warm and welcoming. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding. It is so nice to have this 100% reliable restaurant int he south bay..Special Features:
- Really had a good time here.JonGDined on 4/12/2014Really had a good time here. Food was quite good as was the service. Wine list was also good, but pricey. Corkage of $20 seems high.Special Features:
- Great Ambiance!LaneyDined on 3/29/2014Fun energetic ambiance without being overly noisy. The scallops were cooked beautifully and the service hit a home run. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:
- Great local placeJohneVIPDined on 3/27/2014Riviera Village atmosphere, great food and service....what more could you want. Zazou is a great place to have a truly wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience!sbdinerDined on 3/15/2014I had out-of-town friends visiting and selected Zazou for dinner. It was the best choice. The server was the best I've had in ages, and the food was excellent. We had the goat cheese appetizer which we enjoyed. We also enjoyed the lamb skewers, spaghetti, salmon, and pumpkin ravioli. For dessert we had the chocolate mousse and bread pudding -- both were out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud, same problem weOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2014Too loud, same problem we experienced in past and why we rarely go to this restaurant. Food over priced for quality, loup sur mer special was dry, peewee potatoes floating in olive oil. Not to return...sorry
- SuperIrishspiceVIPDined on 2/28/2014Great buzz, attentive staff, always delivers. Excellent wines by the glass. Been there a dozen times, consistent to a high level.Special Features:
- Casual Dining fir SixBuntzVIPDined on 2/28/2014Nice meal for 6 people, including one vegetarian. Everyone was satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy goingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/28/2014It was nice that you could make a reservation online. We were a group of 8 people and the table was ready when we arrived. We're all tall people and felt a little squeezed. Pleasant atmosphere, not too loud. Service was very friendly and helpful. Creamy spinach soup was too salty. The filet steak was perfectly cooked but the sauce lacked pepper and cognac. Overall nicely presented and timely served. Thanks to caring waiters I would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never deceivedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014It was a return visit for me, but my guest was from France and enjoyed the touch of being greeted in her own language. The food is always good and the service was very attentive, friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Restaurant in Redondo!NinoRonDined on 2/21/2014My wife's co-worker recommended Zazou to her a couple of weeks ago. So glad that he did! The food, Filet, Shortribs, Beet Salad, and Ceasar Salad were all delicious. Nice wine and cocktail list. All of the accompanying sauces were also delicious. The Bread Pudding was highly recommended but we weren't sure if we wanted any. It is a must! Sooo good! We can't wait to return. Thanks Zazou!!Special Features:
- ExcellentGoodVIPDined on 2/20/2014Great local restaurant with great service and even better food! I had the spaghetti with a jalepeno cream sauce and shrimp... omg! Food flavor burst! Loved it and it wasn't over done. Delicate and not overly filling, it's a perfect portion size. The wine list is extensive, the service attentive and the noise level surprisingly perfect. Tables aren't too close to each other allowing for private conversations. Was really happy with the entire dinner experience.Special Features:
- Consistently good!DBHBCAVIPDined on 2/20/2014We eat here simi-regularily. Great menu and the service is always excellent. Took friends for their first trip this week and they loved the place. Their other restaurant in Manhattan Beach, Cafe Pierre, is equally good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's for allBonoroxDined on 2/14/2014Zazou is always reliable for good food, good service and relaxing atmosphere. Staff is always personable. Ordered off the menu for Valentine's dinner. They had run out of our wine and dessert selection but no problem. Our other selections were fantastic. We tried the salmon and pumpkin ravioli. Yummy! Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- U Can't Go Wrong for DinnerHappyDined on 2/14/2014You never can go wrong with the dinner menu. We've been going to Zazou's for years--special occasions. No matter what we order the food is delicious. I especially enjoyed desert--warm chocolate cake with whipped cream (also added a scoop of ice cream). Yumm,,, Service was a little slower than normal--but that was due to Valentine's Day "understandable".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last MinuteSthBay2Dined on 2/14/2014Finding a restaurant last minute on a Friday night, Valentine's Day no less, is not easy. We've been here a few times and have never had a bad meal. Service is always good, staff always acts like they are happy to see you (not all places do that anymore), Took my girl here and enjoyed both the pepper-steak and shrimp-pasta. Very good wine selection, full-bar and easy parking on street. We use Open Table extensively which makes getting a reservation fast.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had dinner in upstairs roomOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Had dinner in upstairs room which was very quiet and nice open feeling. The upstairs may not be open except on special occasions.. Downstairs is noisy and crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and good foodLMWengVIPDined on 2/12/2014Great service and good food made for a lovely ladies luncheon. Zazou is always a good choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall it was not a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/31/2014Overall it was not a good experience. Food was marginal and just way too noisy.