Birmingham, MI 48009Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zazios.com/
- Phone: 2485306400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday Through Thursday 4pm to 10pm, Friday and Saturday 4pm to 11pm. Bar opens at 4pm, Closed Sunday Chef Table: Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 7pm, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday group booking only of 10 guests or more
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jamie Kalmus
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The restaurant is available for private catering events such as Weddings, Business Lunches and Dinners, Family Reunions, etc. The dining room seats up to 250 guests seated
- Private Party Facilities: Intimate enough for a lovely social gathering and with enough high tech features to show an important business presentation, the Z-Room is equipped with a 60inch plasma, state of the art sound systems, DVD player, All TV Channels available for showing. Seating can be arranged from 8 to 28 guests with comfort.
- Private Party Contact: Melita Cioe 2485306403
A word from Zazios Birmingham
Zazios is an electric restaurant where the food is the entertainment. Offering both a main dining room and a Chef Table experience that is nothing like it in Michigan. Dining room with large windows overlooking the famed Woodward Avenue. The Chef table is a stadium style settings where you may engage with our Chef while preparing a five course dinner with optional wines. Our dining room offers a vibrant, fresh ambiance with a view of downtown Birmingham. We have extensive wine list covering all of Italy wine regions as well as major wines from California, France and the world. Our Z bar is the perfect place to enjoy your favorite Martini or Mojito along with over 20 wines by the glass. Zazios Restaurant also offers a private dining area that seats 28 guests with built in state of the art A/V equipments along with 60" flat screen, perfect for corporate of social gatherings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zazios Birmingham reviews from OpenTable diners
- ask couldthey make a rob royOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2012ask couldthey make a rob roy , not good, not good at allSpecial Features:
- Paul JoliatPaulDined on 12/31/2012Soup was cold. Burgers were undercooked. Chicken marsala was deep fried with no indication of such in the menu. This was my third and final visit to this restaurant!!!
- The waiter had no idea ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012The waiter had no idea of proper bottle wine service. The duck confit was GOD awful! The place was empty on this Saturday night except for the bar area. Would not reccomend to others.
- Not a Memorable ExperienceBillDined on 12/15/2012I had the spiced lamb. It had little flavor and was quite tough and chewy. It seemed like the fat had not been trimmed properly before it was cooked. I would never recommend it again.In addition, I had ordered an Apple Martini but was served a pineapple martini. The server apologized and spoke with the bartender who indicated that he always puts a splash of pineapple juice in his apple martinis. I found this somewhat odd as did the server!My wife orders lobster ravioli which were quite mediocre unlike on a previous visit when it was excellent.
- This was my first time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/14/2012This was my first time dining at Zazios--I'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- The atmosphere and decor arefoodfansDined on 12/1/2012The atmosphere and decor are great, very modern. Food and service were on the money. We'll be backSpecial Features:
- Good experience for our group.pizzaloverDined on 11/29/2012Good experience for our group. We enjoyed the ambiance and the great food!Special Features:
- mehOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/23/2012food quality not worth price. unfortunately common in birmingham thoughSpecial Features:
- Jermiah had impeccable mannersAngelikaVIPDined on 11/21/2012Jermiah had impeccable manners and was an allstar server. We celebrated a family birthday there and the food was exquisite. I had an incredibly tender short ribs and mashed potatoes. Our other guests had the best scallops and swordfish that they could not stop raving about. The ambiance was sophisticated and intimate yet unpretentious. I've never had such great service in my twenty plus years of dining. Everyone at Zazios had superior customer service. From the hostess to the server and everyone in between. I highly recommend this restaurant for an exceptional dining experience, night out on the town with a signifant other/friend, special occasion, or just to treat yourself!Special Features:
- Our main meal the pork shankBeverlyDined on 11/17/2012Our main meal the pork shank was delicious, the salad and soup were great, the only thing fair was the small plate duck dumpling. The duck also had paper partially under it that had to be removed.Special Features:
- Posh without pretensionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2012The ambiance is great, whether you want to come for a business dinner, great night out with friends, happy hour at the bar, or a romantic evening interlude. Zazios has something for everyone. Menu selections are worth their weight in gold. The presentation and food were palate pleasers. We will certainly be back!Special Features:
- Very knowledgeable staff andMikronDined on 11/10/2012Very knowledgeable staff and great food. Liked the mixture of chrome and colored glass that made this place seem alive. Fun layout and terrific wine list.Special Features:
- Enjoyable DinnerTaxChickVIPDined on 11/10/2012Really enjoyed our dinner. The service was very good and inobtrusive. The food and wine was excellent. The menu, although somewhat limited, is very interesting and has good choices.Special Features:
- This was our second occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2012This was our second occasion to dine here, and we were unimpressed with both the food quality and the server, whose knowledge of the menu and whose attentiveness were both lacking.
- Cher's Table at ZaziosOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2012Another trip to the Chef's Table; it never dissappoints.Special Features:
- We had a table of 10 and wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2012We had a table of 10 and were put at a table in the back, which was nice, since there was no one around us and we could carry on a conversation with the whole table. Food was very good, although service was a little slow. We were the last people there and they were cleaning around us and obviously wanted to close up, which would have been understandable if it were not 10:30 on a Friday night.Special Features:
- Had Better BeforeNickVIPDined on 10/26/2012Appetizers had a reheated taste and portions were small. Lasagna entree wasn't very warm cheese topping was burnt and they thought they could cover it up with sauce.
- I took my girlfriend to ZaziosOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/20/2012I took my girlfriend to Zazios for Sweetest Day and we had a great time! The food was well prepared, the ambiance was quiet and reserved and the scenery was very modern and sharp. The menu wasn't very large but it was of high quality - our waiter was very pleasent, even offering to check in my coat at the beginning of the meal and returned it following the bill. I would return to this restaurant - very stylist and professional!Special Features:
- Delicious and interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2012Delicious and interesting food. I wanted to try everything off the menu. Scallops appetizer was superb. Roasted chicken entree was amazing. Definitely going back soon!Special Features:
- Wonderful food and wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2012Wonderful food and wonderful service. The menu is excellent as well as the monthly specials menuSpecial Features:
- Consistently outstanding serviceToolongwaitVIPDined on 10/3/2012Consistently outstanding service and food. Don't know what they do when they train their servers, but IT WORKS!! Their servers have to be about the most attentive and patron-oriented of any restaurant in SE Michigan.Special Features:
- Try the Chef's TableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2012Participated in the Chef's Table Founder Beer dinner. The beer and food parings were were good, making each taste better together. This seating was full, so service was a little slow, but was acknlowledged as such (one of our party of three had to wait for chef to prepare a second round of a course as he underestimated amounts). The decor of the restaurant is a little bit 80s (any maybe not yet retro chic), but the service was kind, and food very good. I would try another chef's table experience.Special Features:
- Great Place. Uneven food.anitaVIPDined on 9/15/2012Friendly service. Good bread basket and spreads. Great drinks. Great appetizers and pastas. Main dish of Lamb was very bad. The chops looked grey and steamed and fatty. The caponata was harsh and vinegar flavored and the eggplant was tough. Sent back and replaced with an outstanding salmon dish. The tuna was also overcooked and looked steamed. The panzenella salad garnish had very little bread in it. Too bad. This is a beautiful restaurant which needs fine tuning on the main dishes.
- Unique and speical experience,monkfishDined on 8/31/2012Unique and speical experience, chef was engaging and friendlySpecial Features:
- Zazios does a great job withMrFoodieVIPDined on 8/18/2012Zazios does a great job with fresh, contemporary Italian fare. Great open kitchen and fresh ingredients. The food is outstanding.Special Features:
- We came to town visiting relativesSatisfiedCanuckDined on 8/17/2012We came to town visiting relatives and decidced to see the woodward dream cruise from the restaurant. We did and it was delish and entertaining. I had a delicious duck with fluffy gnocchi and tasty mushrooms, another person had the halibut and the others the lamb. All were enjoyed and topped with a capuccino and a pavlova. For starters we had the polenta and calamari. Wish the bread trsy wad a little bit more....nice hummous and tapenade come with.Special Features:
- Outstanding food and excellentToolongwaitVIPDined on 8/11/2012Outstanding food and excellent attentive service. Accommodating kitchen, interestingly prepared food, not overwhelming portions with delicate sauces.Special Features:
- Turn down the music!LisaVIPDined on 8/7/2012I can tell you why Zazio's dining room was almost empty on a recent dinner there - the band in the bar! Not that the band is band, it was just way too loud. We were sitting in the dining room, shouting to be heard over show tunes and easy listening classics in the bar. It's unfortunate - it's an interesting space, the food was very good, the service was fine, but the loud music does not add to the fine dining experience.
- Food ordinary and not veryOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/4/2012Food ordinary and not very ambitious. The space was noisy despite being almost empty at 10 o'clock on a Saturday. The wait staff was helpful and pleasant. The wines were interesting and fairly priced. This is my third dinner since they opened over a year ago and they seemed to have lost a step!Special Features:
- Went there for the first time,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012Went there for the first time, food was just average. The night was ruined when the waitress dropped our plate and spilled food on me and my wife. I know that accidents happen, my wife's shirt was ruined. No manager came and the waitress just took my wifes dinner off the bill. Not satisfied at all. I have a similar guest oriented business, it would have never been handled in that manner.
- The food is fabulous thislewnlesDined on 8/4/2012The food is fabulous this was our fourth time there. It gets better every time. I can't figure out why this place isn't jammed.
- 2nd time at restaurant andpleasureDined on 8/2/20122nd time at restaurant and again enjoyed good food and service. We are motivated to return again since they offer 1000 points for 6pm dining time.
- Great food, great design andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012Great food, great design and excellent service. I will return. Great place to recommend as a romantic restaurant
- Tasty but slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012The food was great. Halibut at an Italian place, who knew it would be fantastic. Server was very polite and competent but so freaking slow! Sooooo slow. If you aren't in a rush and don't mind a very, very slow pace I recommend the food.Special Features:
- Great decor - not so great foodrzspswVIPDined on 7/27/2012The decor was vibrant and outstanding. The service was good but not exceptional. However, the food was largely a miss. The bread and spreads were quite good. However, the calamari was chewy and the sauce was uninspiring. The beef filet came with a bacon wrapped potato cake, and the smoky bacon flavoring was over powering. The duck was only so so - nothing I would get again. The salmon ended up being the best of the three dishes. Overall, the decor was nice, the food wasn't great, and we were the only diners in the restaurant for the first hour. A few other couples came after 7. At least there wasn't a wait.Special Features:
- I took my girlfriend as aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2012I took my girlfriend as a birthday present, and we went pretty early during a weekday and were almost the only people in there aside from a business meeting or something going on in the bar area. The waitress was very knowledgeable on the dishes and was helpful in our decisions. I do recommend signing up for their birthday club and getting a free entree of equal or lesser value. It makes going even more worth it. We also went here for a Chefs table event and it was amazing. It has a nice modern look to the dining area and the bar is pretty well stocked with most things including scotch.Special Features:
- Bad... Just badOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2012I was really hoping this resteraunt would be good. Very trendy-looking and in a great area (Birmingham). Unfortunately, the food was horrible. I'm the kinda person that never sends back food, but this was inedible. I mean who puts corn in lobster ravioli? Isn't chicken melanaise supposed to be pounded thin? Waitress was nice and I think embarrassed because she even knew the food was bad. On top of that it took a long time to get each course. I think others people agree with me since the place was 25% full at 8pm on Saturday night.
- Too Expensive and slowSteakloverVIPDined on 7/17/2012Too expensive and slow service. There are other places to eat and have a great time.
- Great food and Unique experience!monkfishDined on 7/7/2012Great food and Unique experience! Will definitely return and recomend to friends!Special Features:
- The bar staff is great, andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2012The bar staff is great, and the Chef's Table is worth it every time! We love Zazios!Special Features: