741 N Milwaukee St
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.zarletti.net/
- Phone: 414-225-0000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm- 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Brian C. Zarletti
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Zarletti
Zarletti's specializes in Italian fine dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Zarletti - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Zarletti reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (74)special occasion (68)romantic (54)neighborhood gem (48)notable wine list (47)hot spot (19)great for lunch (16)good for groups (15)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- birthday celebrationdiningduoDined on 10/18/2014They were very accommodating when I had to add a person to our reservation at the last minute. They remembered it was my husband's birthday and brought him dessert with a candle. The server did a great job. Loved the special - ravioli with squash. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodIGotNoNickNameDined on 10/11/2014Zarletti was our "backup plan" when our first choice restaurant was already booked. From now on Zarletti will be our first and only plan! The food was excellent and they had a number of vegetarian friendly dishes. We had two different kinds of raviolis and they were cooked to perfection. We'll definite put them on our very short list.Special Features:
- WONDERFULimafanDined on 10/11/2014Everything was great, from the food to the service. We all tried something different so we could all sample 4 different dishes and they were all good. The 2 specials a ragu with rabbit and the butternut squash ravioli were our favorites. I can't wait to return, there were so many other dishes that I want to try.Special Features:
- GreatDeanDined on 10/10/2014I took a girl here for a first date. It was a really romantic setting with lower lighting and a very long wine list. You should always get a bottle of wine with a meal like this. Our waiter was awesome. He was extremely funny and charming. Knowledgeable as well. If you're trying to impress a woman, take her here and order a bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Always great food, wine and service. Our #1 restaurant in MilwaukeeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/9/2014Easily one of the best restaurants in Milwaukee. Great service, terrifically fresh ingredients, and innovative Italian. When looking to dine at the best spot in the city, look no further for craft-styled personal service and a great food experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall good experiencedisappointingDined on 10/4/2014overall good experience, food was great, server a little better than good. Only complaint was we got there early and were not allowed to sit at the bar because this was reservered as table spots for dining, what the %**&&.Special Features:
- PhenominalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I had my fiance's surprise birthday party with her family and closest friends here. Being from Boston I had read the reviews and decided to give Zarletti a try. My fiance's response... The absolute best birthday party she has ever had!!!Special Features:
- best Italian in MilwaukeebonesDined on 10/3/2014Long-time outstanding restaurant featuring Northern Italian cuisine. Best in Milwaukee, easily. A bit crowded but expert service. Reservations handled perfectly.Special Features:
- Our second visit - still delicious!PollyDined on 10/3/2014So happy we discovered this place this summer. Visiting my son at college he begged to go back there, and he's a very picky eater. He said just the thought of the pasta he had there made his mouth water. Food was fabulous again and this time we were more conscious of the generous portions so ordered in a way that produced only leftovers that we could send back to the dorm with my son. We we definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was a disappointmentmilwaukeefoodieDined on 9/20/2014I was expecting a locally owned italian restaurant to include homemade pasta in their pasta dishes, but what my husband and I ordered was definitely boxed. I would say "just ok" and not work the money on this one sadly.
- RobRyanGangDined on 9/19/2014The Zarletti Burger is to die for. The Chocolate Cake was even better. Great Experience. Thanks,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 5th Dinner VisittunaDined on 9/13/2014Being that we have been to this restaurant previously, we can only say that it has to be one of the best in Milwaukee, and that is saying plenty, given the number of outstanding restaurants there are in town!! The food is excellent and we have NEVER been disappointed with the service. All of our selections were excellent, right temperature and nicely presented. Their salads are excellent as well. No room for dessert, and we were off to the symphony, so really no time to enjoy this part of the meal. We would highly recommend this great dining experience. You would be wise to make reservations and book between 5:30 pm and 7:00 pm as it gets busy and little noisier.Special Features:
- Great food7304anniDined on 9/6/2014We have been going here for years for special occasions. The food and service are unbelievable!Special Features:
- best Italian in the cityerikstensonVIPDined on 9/6/2014they always have fresh and delicious specials as well as excellent regular items. the ingredients are too quality prepared and served with excellence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!mgrifDined on 9/2/2014Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable about the wine list and how they cook each dish - and why it's done a particular way. I have to say that each selection was terrific. Salads, soups, and entrees were the best I've had at any Italian restaurant and I place the entire experience as one of the best we've had. It was fun, and it was very, very good. We're from out of town, but I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Excellent!MkeFoodyDined on 8/29/2014We love this restaurant. The giant sea scallops were amazing and the osso buco was great too. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great service, hit & miss foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2014The service was wonderful, everyone was friendly and accommodating. Not everyone's food was good. My husband's pork chop dinner was over cooked. My mom's pasta dish featured NY strip which was also over cooked. The scallop dish & duck ragu were wonderful. I would give the food 2 1/2, but overall experience a 4.Special Features:
- eatwhenitstimeDined on 8/23/2014I was very underwhelmed. The décor was okay, the staff nice and friendly, and the service was good. But the food was really very average. I had the caprese salad (tasteless cheese & tomatoes), the pork tenderloins (VERY overcooked--there were portions that I couldn't even cut through), and the gelato for dessert (nothing special). My husband had the ceasar salad, salmon, and cheesecake, and again, all were just average (the cheesecake tasted like a Suzy's cheesecake that you can buy at the store!!). Definitely not worth a second visit--there is much better cuisine to be had in the city!Special Features:
- POOR SERVICEDissappointedDined on 8/22/2014Our evening was going fine, until our group of 6 sat and waited for our server to come back. We tried to get his attn politely numerous times for about 20min after our dinner plates were done and glasses empty. This was VERY disappointing! When our server finally got back to our table, we were all very upset that our pretty costly (which we expected and was more than fine) dining experience had been ruined. We had all looked forward to the wonderful dessert menu and a couple bottles of wine. At that point, I asked the server why this occurred and that we were upset about the situation. His response was "So, no dessert tonight then" WOW! really..... At that point I expected an apology of some kind and we did not. We ate dessert elsewhereSpecial Features:
- Great Experience!Bob4GreatFoodDined on 8/21/2014I met with two clients to catch up on business and life, and enjoyed our outing. The food was great, as was the service, and our goal was accomplished. Space is limited and thus private conversation is risky with such close proximity. For our purposes all was good and I will return.Special Features:
- Best scallops ever!!LuvItalianDined on 8/18/2014Attentive service, good wine and great food! Lovely Anniversary meal!!Special Features:
- Great PastaNG1981Dined on 8/16/2014I could eat Zarletti's Bolognese every day. I am not a huge fan of pasta at restaurants, but this their Bolognese is amazing.Special Features:
- Great meal, great serviceJohnDined on 8/14/2014I get here a couple of times a year. Never had a bad meal. Had scallops with pasta. Scallops smoky flavored and delicious. Server pleasant, he asked if we were going to a show. We were. He paced the meal accordingly.Special Features:
- Great food. Slooow servicePabMeyDined on 8/8/2014The food was great. Unfortunately the kitchen didn't seem to organized: 40 min wait for a salad and our waiter seem to be waiting on way too many tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousscootermaDined on 8/8/2014service was wonderful, food was outstanding and wine was amazing. If you want authentic Italian then come here. You won't be disappointed. Been to Italy a few times and this was authentic.Special Features:
- Italian star in MilwaukeetriathleteDined on 8/8/2014I found Zarlettis through Open Table, and it was excellent! Nice atmosphere, great service, and while it is on the pricier side, the food was lick-your-plate-clean delicious!! If you are in Milwaukee, you owe yourself a visit to Zarlettis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Fav RestaurantRoseDined on 8/4/2014I love this restaurant for any occasion. It's been my favorite for years. The food and service are always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/4/2014As always, a great dining experience is guaranteed at Zarletti! We had a group in from California who were blown away by the food!Special Features:
- Fabulous pasta specialDSReeseMSDined on 8/1/2014I had looked at the menu in advance and picked out a pasta but the waitress talked me into a mushroom stuffed ravioli with added scallops. It was delicious. My husband ordered off the menu and loved his as well. There is not much room in the restaurant and the tables are very close together but it was still easy to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Excellent Service4cookiesDined on 8/1/2014The atmosphere was trendy and clean. The service outstanding. The wine list was extensive. The food was wonderful. I would definitely suggest them to friends.Special Features:
- duckdineDined on 7/29/2014Great food. Always some interesting specials and a stable of great regular dishes. Service was friendly and well done.Special Features:
- Ambience and FoodPinkLadyDined on 7/24/2014The tables were very close together which meant you could hear other people's conversations. And, it was so dark that we could barely read our menus. I love "romantic" lighting - but this place was just too dark after the sun set. However, the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemDukeDined on 7/23/2014The atmospher and location are great ! It is a small but very quaint space. The food was good not great. Good wine and enjoyed the downtown feel. I would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LIZZIE2Dined on 7/19/2014I TRULY FELD IN LOVE WITH THIS RESTAURANT. SERVICE, ACCOMADATIONS, CLEANINESS AND FOOD WAS EXCELLENT. OUR WAITRESS WAS SO POLITE INFORMATIVE ABOUT THE ENTIRE MENU AND THE CHEF'S SPECIAL AND SUGGESTIONS. I BRAGGED ABOUT IT IMMEDIATELY AT THIS PARTY I WAS ATTENDING AFTER DINNER.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New to MilwaukeeILuvWIDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I were spending one over-night in Milwaukee at the new Marriott. The hotel recommended the restaurant and we're glad they did! The food was outstanding and the service exceptional. Our server recommended an excellent bottle of wine to compliment our meal. We dined outside - it was a perfect evening. Thank you, Zarletti's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT place!TeMeDined on 7/17/2014Our daughter gave us a gift certificate to Zarletti's for our wedding anniversary. We were VERY impressed by the food, our service, and our outdoor table. We would definitely come back here again!Special Features:
- LesterDined on 7/16/2014Food was great. Service was unobtrusive but good.Special Features:
- Always GreatjokamDined on 7/12/2014We have been to this restaurant several times. Each time my husband and I order something different and it is always great. I think its because it tastes so fresh. We have had the same server before and he always does a great job helping to pick the correct wine and he even suggests items to add to our meal to make it even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimKDined on 7/11/2014Loved it. Great location in heart of downtown Milwaukee.Special Features: