741 N Milwaukee St
Milwaukee, WI 53202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.zarletti.net/
- Phone: (414) 225-0000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm- 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Brian C. Zarletti
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Zarletti
Zarletti's specializes in Italian fine dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Zarletti - Best Restaurants in Milwaukee ›
Zarletti reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (85)special occasion (81)romantic (63)notable wine list (57)neighborhood gem (44)hot spot (20)great for lunch (15)good for groups (13)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (7)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Exceeded expectationvaldon2010Dined on 11/15/2014For our first time in Milwaukee, this restaurant did more than impress. We went out for my wife's birthday. We were seated right away and the waitstaff was well trained and very professional. The food was phenomenal and desert was delicious. What made the experience even better at the end was receiving the bill and the sticker shock was more on the side of it being so low. We will definitely be back in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014My husband and I celebrated our anniversary together at Zarletti's. We made a reservation prior to going and we received our table right away. Our waiter was fabulous in giving the specials and his recommendations. The cocktails and warm bread basket with oil was perfect. I tried the drink called "Pera" and ended up having one after dinner it was so tasty. Our appetizer was prosciutto and it was amazing! Our main courses were just as delicious. Homemade ravioli stuffed with squash and almond cookie bits come highly recommended! Dessert...wow! Mamma Zarletti makes an amazing cheesecake. It's a week later and I am still wishing I would have gotten a piece to take home! We can't wait for another date night at Zarletti!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but missing too many detailsgreatfoodfanVIPDined on 11/8/2014How do you serve osso buco and not have marrow spoons. The risotto was a large clump, not creamy . My wife's lamb was overcooked with too much sauce. That being said the osso buco was excellent. I want to go back for the osso buco but with so much wrong I will probably try to find my favorite disk somewhere elseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch experienceEastsiderDined on 11/4/2014Zarletti's never fails to impress with quality service and spectacular food. It is a must for anyone who enjoys Italian food done in a quality manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!ChristineVIPDined on 11/1/2014The food is always great. The wait staff are fantastic! It's on of our favorite restaurants in Milwaukee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECIALE!KitsieDined on 11/1/2014Group of four seated promptly for our 7:00 dinner reservation. All the food was extremely good, mostly excellent, and the portions ample. We agreed the Bolognese was quite possibly as good as it can be done; the Caprese salad and the Pistachio Halibut also deserve mention. But the star of the evening was our waiter, Carl....or maybe Karl? Anyway, this gentleman provided impeccable service throughout our perfectly-timed meal, and he did it on a very busy night. He has an easy, comfortable manner, was always there, yet never seemed to hover or intrude, saw quickly to requests, knew the menu and the wine list cold....totally professional. So, as good as the food is - and it's WAY beyond good - the service is better. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/1/2014Our server was solid, the ambience was really lovely for a "night out on the town" - I was having a girls' night, but it would have been good for a date too. They were having a cool wine special for the month of November, where all Barbarescos and Barolos are half off. But our food was generally underwhelming. I think their menu offerings are really unique, and found it really hard to choose because everything sounded so good, but in the end, 3/4 of us found our dishes to be under seasoned. It was the first time this particular group went out where we didn't even consider dessert.Special Features:
- A mustHammerDined on 10/30/2014Their level of service is absolutely unmatched anywhere I've ever been. The staff is incredibly knowledgeable and so friendly. The wine list is a triumph and a "must see" for any respectable oenophile. The homemade pasta is perfectly delightful and the veal is out of this world. This is truly one of the best restaurants in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JRPMDVIPDined on 10/25/2014We've enjoyed Zarletti for several years now and every time we eat there we're never disappointed. I usually have the osso bucco and it's fabulous, served with a risotto Milanese. My wife had the night's special of grilled pork tenderloin with a very nice cream-based sauce that equaled my dinner in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulMmmmmVIPDined on 10/25/2014From the moment we arrived, Zarletti's was great. We were seated promptly, politely. Our server arrived quickly to take our drink order, introduce herself, and bring warm bread, My husband's Ravioli of the day was "the best I've ever had, anywhere". Although the portion was so generous that he couldn't finish them, he was sad he wouldn't have more because they were that good. We ordered banana semifreddo for dessert. We were both so full but we "made a little room" to split it. Glad we did, delicious. Thank you for a lovely evening, Zarletti's.Special Features:
- downtown spothate2cookVIPDined on 10/25/2014One of our favorite downtown spots. We will be back. Food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Wine in MilwaukeeJimLDined on 10/25/2014If you want authentic Italian food and a generous wine list to go with the great food, look no further than Zarletti. The service was fantastic, the wait staff very knowledgeable and the food was fantastic. If you like Osso Buco, look no further for the best in the City. The butter nut squash homemade Ravioli was to die for. Just a great place and always consistent in the food and service. Manja!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014Great meal, great night, the service was awesome, very attentive.Special Features:
- birthday celebrationdiningduoDined on 10/18/2014They were very accommodating when I had to add a person to our reservation at the last minute. They remembered it was my husband's birthday and brought him dessert with a candle. The server did a great job. Loved the special - ravioli with squash. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodIGotNoNickNameDined on 10/11/2014Zarletti was our "backup plan" when our first choice restaurant was already booked. From now on Zarletti will be our first and only plan! The food was excellent and they had a number of vegetarian friendly dishes. We had two different kinds of raviolis and they were cooked to perfection. We'll definite put them on our very short list.Special Features:
- WONDERFULimafanDined on 10/11/2014Everything was great, from the food to the service. We all tried something different so we could all sample 4 different dishes and they were all good. The 2 specials a ragu with rabbit and the butternut squash ravioli were our favorites. I can't wait to return, there were so many other dishes that I want to try.Special Features:
- GreatDeanDined on 10/10/2014I took a girl here for a first date. It was a really romantic setting with lower lighting and a very long wine list. You should always get a bottle of wine with a meal like this. Our waiter was awesome. He was extremely funny and charming. Knowledgeable as well. If you're trying to impress a woman, take her here and order a bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Always great food, wine and service. Our #1 restaurant in MilwaukeeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/9/2014Easily one of the best restaurants in Milwaukee. Great service, terrifically fresh ingredients, and innovative Italian. When looking to dine at the best spot in the city, look no further for craft-styled personal service and a great food experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall good experiencedisappointingDined on 10/4/2014overall good experience, food was great, server a little better than good. Only complaint was we got there early and were not allowed to sit at the bar because this was reservered as table spots for dining, what the %**&&.Special Features:
- PhenominalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I had my fiance's surprise birthday party with her family and closest friends here. Being from Boston I had read the reviews and decided to give Zarletti a try. My fiance's response... The absolute best birthday party she has ever had!!!Special Features:
- best Italian in MilwaukeebonesDined on 10/3/2014Long-time outstanding restaurant featuring Northern Italian cuisine. Best in Milwaukee, easily. A bit crowded but expert service. Reservations handled perfectly.Special Features:
- Our second visit - still delicious!PollyDined on 10/3/2014So happy we discovered this place this summer. Visiting my son at college he begged to go back there, and he's a very picky eater. He said just the thought of the pasta he had there made his mouth water. Food was fabulous again and this time we were more conscious of the generous portions so ordered in a way that produced only leftovers that we could send back to the dorm with my son. We we definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was a disappointmentmilwaukeefoodieDined on 9/20/2014I was expecting a locally owned italian restaurant to include homemade pasta in their pasta dishes, but what my husband and I ordered was definitely boxed. I would say "just ok" and not work the money on this one sadly.
- RobRyanGangDined on 9/19/2014The Zarletti Burger is to die for. The Chocolate Cake was even better. Great Experience. Thanks,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 5th Dinner VisittunaDined on 9/13/2014Being that we have been to this restaurant previously, we can only say that it has to be one of the best in Milwaukee, and that is saying plenty, given the number of outstanding restaurants there are in town!! The food is excellent and we have NEVER been disappointed with the service. All of our selections were excellent, right temperature and nicely presented. Their salads are excellent as well. No room for dessert, and we were off to the symphony, so really no time to enjoy this part of the meal. We would highly recommend this great dining experience. You would be wise to make reservations and book between 5:30 pm and 7:00 pm as it gets busy and little noisier.Special Features:
- Great food7304anniDined on 9/6/2014We have been going here for years for special occasions. The food and service are unbelievable!Special Features:
- best Italian in the cityerikstensonVIPDined on 9/6/2014they always have fresh and delicious specials as well as excellent regular items. the ingredients are too quality prepared and served with excellence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!mgrifDined on 9/2/2014Our waiter was extremely knowledgeable about the wine list and how they cook each dish - and why it's done a particular way. I have to say that each selection was terrific. Salads, soups, and entrees were the best I've had at any Italian restaurant and I place the entire experience as one of the best we've had. It was fun, and it was very, very good. We're from out of town, but I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Excellent!MkeFoodyDined on 8/29/2014We love this restaurant. The giant sea scallops were amazing and the osso buco was great too. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great service, hit & miss foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2014The service was wonderful, everyone was friendly and accommodating. Not everyone's food was good. My husband's pork chop dinner was over cooked. My mom's pasta dish featured NY strip which was also over cooked. The scallop dish & duck ragu were wonderful. I would give the food 2 1/2, but overall experience a 4.Special Features:
- eatwhenitstimeDined on 8/23/2014I was very underwhelmed. The décor was okay, the staff nice and friendly, and the service was good. But the food was really very average. I had the caprese salad (tasteless cheese & tomatoes), the pork tenderloins (VERY overcooked--there were portions that I couldn't even cut through), and the gelato for dessert (nothing special). My husband had the ceasar salad, salmon, and cheesecake, and again, all were just average (the cheesecake tasted like a Suzy's cheesecake that you can buy at the store!!). Definitely not worth a second visit--there is much better cuisine to be had in the city!Special Features:
- POOR SERVICEDissappointedDined on 8/22/2014Our evening was going fine, until our group of 6 sat and waited for our server to come back. We tried to get his attn politely numerous times for about 20min after our dinner plates were done and glasses empty. This was VERY disappointing! When our server finally got back to our table, we were all very upset that our pretty costly (which we expected and was more than fine) dining experience had been ruined. We had all looked forward to the wonderful dessert menu and a couple bottles of wine. At that point, I asked the server why this occurred and that we were upset about the situation. His response was "So, no dessert tonight then" WOW! really..... At that point I expected an apology of some kind and we did not. We ate dessert elsewhereSpecial Features:
- Great Experience!Bob4GreatFoodDined on 8/21/2014I met with two clients to catch up on business and life, and enjoyed our outing. The food was great, as was the service, and our goal was accomplished. Space is limited and thus private conversation is risky with such close proximity. For our purposes all was good and I will return.Special Features:
- Best scallops ever!!LuvItalianDined on 8/18/2014Attentive service, good wine and great food! Lovely Anniversary meal!!Special Features:
- Great PastaNG1981Dined on 8/16/2014I could eat Zarletti's Bolognese every day. I am not a huge fan of pasta at restaurants, but this their Bolognese is amazing.Special Features:
- Great meal, great serviceJohnDined on 8/14/2014I get here a couple of times a year. Never had a bad meal. Had scallops with pasta. Scallops smoky flavored and delicious. Server pleasant, he asked if we were going to a show. We were. He paced the meal accordingly.Special Features:
- Great food. Slooow servicePabMeyDined on 8/8/2014The food was great. Unfortunately the kitchen didn't seem to organized: 40 min wait for a salad and our waiter seem to be waiting on way too many tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousscootermaDined on 8/8/2014service was wonderful, food was outstanding and wine was amazing. If you want authentic Italian then come here. You won't be disappointed. Been to Italy a few times and this was authentic.Special Features:
- Italian star in MilwaukeetriathleteDined on 8/8/2014I found Zarlettis through Open Table, and it was excellent! Nice atmosphere, great service, and while it is on the pricier side, the food was lick-your-plate-clean delicious!! If you are in Milwaukee, you owe yourself a visit to Zarlettis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.