Zapata's Restaurant & Bar
5484 Harpers Farm Rd
Columbia, MD 21044Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Zapata's Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zapatasonline.com/
- Phone: 4107156929
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm; Sunday: 11:30am - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Patio/Outdoor Dining
A word from Zapata's Restaurant & Bar
As Zapata led the Mexican Revolution, Cesar Flores is revolutionizing the way Columbia experiences true Mexican food--today! In the center of Columbia’s revitalized Harpers Choice Village Center, is an atypical, 100% Mexican owned & operated dining experience. In January 2004 Cesar Flores opened Zapata’s True Mexican Food, Restaurant & Cantina, complete with patio dining and rose to the challenge of presenting true, authentic Mexican food in a Suburban setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zapata's Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance1Noise LevelModerate
late-night find (1)Show More
- YuckabbyladybugDined on 7/20/2014We had reservations. We walked in on time, there was a VERY loud table laughing. No one else. The place was dingy and yucky looking. After 10 minutes of no employees coming to greet us (we only saw people working in the back kitchen, no other servers), we left. They didn't even mark us as a no-show, probably because they couldn't care less.
- Would not recommendKateraid6Dined on 7/14/2014We arrived and were confused by where to go, one side is a skeezy bar and the other side is the restaurant. We walked in and it was empty, then we waited for a while and finally a girl came out. She said she didn't get our reservation (for 10.) The place was filfty, smelled awful, and has been neglected for some time. We all looked at each other and almost ran out... They might be a good for late night food after getting drunk on their other side.....Special Features:
- AwesomeJenniferDined on 6/21/2014Finally, great Mexican food this side of the border! Well worth the drive from Carroll County to Columbia. We were the only ones in the restaurant at first, since we eat early on Saturday nights (about 5 pm). Our waiter, Patrick, was very friendly and attentive. The food was outstanding, and such so large I had to take 1/2 home for left-overs. I had a chicken burrito with avocado ~ wonderful! We've tried many, many mexican restaurants, and this one had the best food we've had since Cozumel!Special Features:
- Boss' Review for ZapatasolearysDined on 6/8/2014Good food very homely tho whuch bormaljy means food is plentiful n great. Good drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great. but not bad eitherDinerFromHoCoDined on 3/11/2014Zapata's was a little hard to find - the storefront is not facing the parking lot. Neighborhood place, nothing special about the interior. The waitress was polite enough. The menu was pretty extensive and very reasonably priced. We ordered guac and stuffed jalapenos as an app. The guac was OK. No complaints, but not the best I've had. The stuffed jalapenos ($7) were STUFFED with pretty good chicken mix. I'd order those again. My fajitas were a little over cooked (for me, but probably not for most). My son woofed down his HUGE enchilada plate so guessing he didn't have any issues. Guac was pretty generous on the entrees, so I'd skip the app next time. All in, not the best Mexican restaurant, but OK enough that I'd go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialPBMaxVIPDined on 1/20/2014Nothing special ... just there. Average to below average food and service....and the place was empty. Can't imagine what it would be like if they were busy.
- Great Mexican foodPalisadesDinerDined on 12/18/2013Although the food & service were great, the ambience leaves something to be desired. Our dining companions got there before us and wanted to go somewhere else. But I told them they advertised their food as real Mexican, not Tex-Mex and I suggested we give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2013Hidden in the back of the shopping center, don't accidentally go in the connected bar in the front. Very good service, great Mexican food and Margarita's - and not a big crowd,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neat little place with standardNoelmccracken83VIPDined on 6/1/2013A neat little place with standard tex mex food. Nothing exceptional, but good service and good margaritas. Would return if in the mood for that kind of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken Mole is an excellentUpfromcolumbiaDined on 2/16/2013Chicken Mole is an excellent choice. I tried fish tacos and they were very good.Special Features:
- When we entered we found ourselvessatisfiedDiner2Dined on 12/7/2012When we entered we found ourselves in the adjacent bar, which was disorienting. But the manager was there in two seconds to beckon us towards the dining room. I got the special and it was great, with lots of fresh steamed vegetables and a delicious entre. Atmosphere of the dining room was fine, nothing special, but we enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Tried this place again forOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/28/2012Tried this place again for the 3rd time. Each time without any enthusiasm after the meal. 3 strikes and you're out. Can make better mexican food at home.Special Features:
- Sorry to have to say this,OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/27/2012Sorry to have to say this, but it was just...OK. Nothing in particular that would knock your socks off. Location is fine if you are a local but not a destination.
- really good food at a reallySusieBVIPDined on 1/6/2012really good food at a really good price. outstanding margaritas, as well!Special Features:
- Zapata's is always great.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/26/2011Zapata's is always great. Delicious salsa hits the table immediately with crispy tortilla chips. The menu has many options and includes nightly specials with tempting flavors. Highly recommend ordering certain dishes "Arizona style" with chile con queso. It's great! Staff has always been flexible with substitutions, which is much appreciated. Only downside is that specialty drinks are sometimes unavailable because they're only made by certain servers.Special Features:
- It didn't appear to be thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2011It didn't appear to be that good of a restaurant. The fajitas were oily. The mole' sauce wasn't good at all. The atmosphere was good and it is a kid friendly place.Special Features:
- This independently owned Mexicandiner9VIPDined on 8/30/2011This independently owned Mexican restaurant in Columbia has a very good selection of Spanish dishes. We eat here regularly and the food and service are always dependable.Special Features:
- DON'T DO IT. I can't evenOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/31/2011DON'T DO IT. I can't even describe how bad the food is here. Don't waste your time or money.
- Good neighborhood lunch option.RWoodBVIPDined on 7/29/2011Good neighborhood lunch option. Very extensive menu and a small wine list of good value choices.Special Features:
- The food was average, nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/19/2011The food was average, nothing to write home about. It would be helpful if the servers spoke English to be able to answer questions about the menu.