Zamparelli's Italian Bistro
2770 Arapahoe Road
Lafayette, CO 80026Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Zamparelli's Italian Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zamparellis.com/
- Phone: 3036641275
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Chef-Owners Nancy & Jimmy Zamparelli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
- Catering: Zamparelli’s can prepare almost everything on our menu food for any and all occasions. We can help you customize your event. All catering orders require customer pick-up unless special delivery arrangements are made.
A word from Zamparelli's Italian Bistro
Zamparelli’s is an artisan-style pizzeria tucked away in a shopping center in Lafayette, 9 miles from Boulder. Jimmy and Nancy Zamparelli have brought their passion for fresh, Italian food to Boulder County. Chef-owned and operated, Zamparelli's Italian Bistro specializes in brick oven pizzas classic and artisan in style, pastas, sandwiches and salads using the freshest, local ingredients when available. Pizzas are made to order, local beers are on tap and a variety of wines are available by the glass. Born in Brooklyn, Jimmy Z brings his East Coast sensibility to the home-style classics like eggplant parmesan. Outdoor seating, daily happy hour and the warm family environment accompanied by tasty, innovative cuisine makes Zamparelli's the perfect place for your next meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zamparelli's Italian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food was OK if not good butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Food was OK if not good but for 9 of us and just a couple glasses of wine for the bunch it was $200+ . We go with this group to quite a few restaurants and that seemed high when I shared a pizza with my daughter and there was a 7 year old that had kids cheese pizza
- Food was good but there isOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013Food was good but there is no acoustic sound dampening in the whole restaurant. If you are next to a loud group you can't have a conversation at your own table.
- I would say an average ItalianAnne123VIPDined on 3/28/2013I would say an average Italian restaurant. Location is good and service was ok. Nothing extraordinary but good italian food!
- Enjoyed it very much. OurOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/11/2013Enjoyed it very much. Our long-time favorite, The Gondolier, is looking for a new home and we have been disappointed in the pizza we've tried elsewhere. The pizza at Z's was very, very good - particularly the sauce. This will become a once or twice-a-month event for us. Well done!Special Features:
- Very good marinara sauce.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2013Very good marinara sauce. Ravioli was a bit grainy on the inside, but had good flavor, and was cooked well. Fried risotto balls were good, but not worth the price. Mushroom specialty item (I don't recall the name, but they suggested you fold it over and eat it like a taco) was very tasty, and super rich. Would have been even better if they sauted the mushrooms a bit before putting them on the flatbread. A bit rich to eat as a dinner, but would make an awesome appetizer (in a smaller version)Special Features:
- Went here for a nice neighborhoodchefdadDined on 12/21/2012Went here for a nice neighborhood friday night dinner. Good food, simple menu, great portions, and overall good experience. Had the pepper pepperoni pizza, and it was very good. Others had a pasta dish, calzone, and sandwich. Everything was good. Total bill with drinks was under $20/person. This area needs more of these kinds of good local places.Special Features:
- Good honest food - the 5 yearOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/15/2012Good honest food - the 5 year old at the table LOVED the chicken marsala. Will definitely be going back again!Special Features:
- We had spaghetti and meatballsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2012We had spaghetti and meatballs and eggplant parmigiana. Both were very generously sized, but we managed to clean our plates. Both were delicious!Special Features:
- Nothing special about thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2012Nothing special about this restaurant with food, service or ambiance. Although our server said the kitchen got backed up, it was clear the one order was forgotten and when it was ready sat for 5 minutes before being brought to us.
- The food was wonderful, myOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012The food was wonderful, my only issue was the temperature of the appetizer. A bit too room temperature for my taste. The writing on the wall from a child's crayon was a bit off putting as well.Special Features:
- There is NO other place inOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/8/2012There is NO other place in Boulder County to get italian food this good!Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/11/2012The food and service were great. Matched some of the better restaurant's in Boulder County. While the atmosphere is very well done, not quaint and a desirable for an evening out. Next time I'll dress down and wear shorts and a T-Shirt. Interior was too open and felt like I was in a cafeteria. Need to improve bar area and make it a happening place where people don't mind having a drink before or after dinner. Menu was limited in terms of Italian dishes with the exception of pizza. And it was on a folded piece of paper - really??? One of the reasons we went here, again, was because of all the great revues of the owners and their passion. No sign of the owners anywhere.Special Features:
- It was a pleasant surprisetukelVIPDined on 7/12/2012It was a pleasant surprise as I just moved into the neighborhood. I feel confident, I will frequent this place.
- When we arrived we were toldFoodieCoupleDined on 6/20/2012When we arrived we were told the inside seating noise level was "boisterous." Hoping for a quieter dinner, we appreciated the warning and headed out into the perfect weather on the patio. The service and food were good. While there, we watched as a family coming into the restaurant bumped into a couple other friends on the patio and proceeded to join them. It gave the restaurant a nice, comfortable neighborhood feel.Special Features:
- VVerry Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/9/2012Many yummy salads and pizzas to taste from, including Gluten Free which has mad it our new favorite restaurant.
- Great pasta, I'm looking forwardOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2012Great pasta, I'm looking forward to trying their pizza... it looks very good and they have a wood oven.Special Features:
- We got to the restaurant atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2012We got to the restaurant at 4:15 on a Friday. We were one of 3 tables seated. Our first visit. I had the "Sloppy Joe" sandwich because it conjured up images of a childhood favorite----NOT. Not sloppy at all. Touch of coleslaw, not distinguishable, touch of thousand island dressing, no discernible taste. The roast beef ,though abundant was blood rare, I pictured on the lines of french dip. The turkey was okay. My husband had the chicken parmigiana sandwich & the bread was burned.It was comparable to a Which Wich one nothing special. The restaurant was FREEZING & it took forever to get drink refills & the check. Good thing we had the coupon or or would have been zero stars!
- My wife and i chose Zamparelli'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012My wife and i chose Zamparelli's for valentine's day, and it so very well delivered. The beet salad was to die for, and the Caprese was super yummy. The server was always right there when we needed him, but wasn't bothersome. We'll definitely go back!Special Features:
- Who woulda thought...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012In between a cigar shop and liquor store was a gem of a place! My better half and I went for Valentine's Day and had a great time! I wouldn't recommend the Stawberry Lemonade (house infused strawberry vodka and lemonade). It had really bad vodka and it ruined the fruity taste, but the Dark and Stormys are great!! The Fried Rosati Balls were delicious and the Calzone was humongous! Overall a 5 star dining experience for us :-) we'll be going back for sure and I've already recommended it to all my friends and coworkers. Great job!Special Features:
- Horrible service. Server pretendedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012Horrible service. Server pretended to reccomend wine and then later said he wasn't 21 and didn't drink wine. Really loud mall like atmosphere. Pizza was really mediocre but my son did like his spaghetti.Special Features:
- great pizza and now serving IPAbkbkDined on 2/10/2012Consistently great pizza and efficient service. They recently added an IPA to their draft beer which is a plus! Been going to Z's for 5+ years. tried other pizza places and prefer Z'sSpecial Features:
- Great place when you wantBikeRider41VIPDined on 2/4/2012Great place when you want a quck local place to eatSpecial Features:
- Zamparelli's is definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2012Zamparelli's is definitely a Neighborhood Gem. The food is fantastic and you can tell it is made with love. I have been going to Zamp's for years and will continue to rate this restaurant in my favorites!Special Features:
- The speciality Pizza was good,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/14/2012The speciality Pizza was good, but the crust was undercooked - so definitely not "crisp"- as a thin crust pie should be. Pasta Bolognese was excellent but was offset by a disappointing Chicken Marsala. The chef's own sauce was woefully weak in comparison to the classic recipe, and to say that it was disappointing would be an understatement.Special Features:
- We went specifically for theOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/23/2011We went specifically for the Feast of the Seven Fishes menu. Everything we ordered was outstanding! We are going to make this our Christmas eve, eve tradition. Thanks to the entire staff and Jim and Nancy for making our evening so wonderful!Special Features:
- The basic menu of ItalianNewEnglandChuckDined on 12/21/2011The basic menu of Italian dishes and Pizzas is worth the visit alone but Nancy and Jimmy also offer an innovative choice of daily special appetizers, entrees and pizza tied to the season. They also excel at special event menus for holidays like Valentine's Day, Christmas, etc. The Feast of the 7 Fishes is a must for us. We have been going almost weekly for 5 years and have never been disappointed. We have also used their catering menu on several occasions which delighted our guests. As transplanted east coasters who grew up on good Italian food, finding Zamparelli's was a blessing.Special Features:
- Not the greatest atmosphereHansVIPDined on 12/12/2011Not the greatest atmosphere but the pizza's pretty darn tasty. get the wild mushroom.Special Features:
- We are very frequent customersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2011We are very frequent customers at Zamparellis. It is our grand daughters favorite place. We love it. Great food. Great atmosphere. Kid friendly and Fu. Place to be. Visit Zamparellis. Great family place.Special Features:
- Horrible, low class, rudeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2011Horrible, low class, rude service. A glorified pizza joint.
- The food is always good, andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2011The food is always good, and the service is outstanding!Special Features:
- Food was fresh and you couldOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2011Food was fresh and you could taste it! The calamari and olive appetizers were great!Special Features:
- Mgmt/Staff did a great jobOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2011Mgmt/Staff did a great job handling a last minute/last day crush on a Coupon expiration date.Special Features:
- The pasta was drowning inOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/16/2011The pasta was drowning in sauce. The drink I ordered was odd--it was a chai/ginger combo but I guess I should have known better. The gluten free pizza got a thumbs up from my daughter but I thought it was pretty small and thin for the price ($14)
- Zamparelli's was an enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2011Zamparelli's was an enjoyable place and the food was pretty good. I think we were just expecting more.Special Features:
- About 30 wines available byHaloElevenDined on 8/12/2011About 30 wines available by the bottle or glass. The Risotto Balls appetizer was executed perfectly - crispy on the outside and the cheezy risotto inside retained the proper consistency. The tomato-based dipping sauce could have benefited from a slightly bolder flavor. The pizza exceeded expectations. We had the Guy's Favorite with shrimp, sausage, spinach, and a garlic white sauce. The flavors worked well together and greasiness was held in check. The thin crust, crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, buckled under the weight of the toppings so employing a fork was necessary. Very noisy inside (Saturday at 7:30 PM). Maybe we'll try the outdoor seating next time. Definitely a neighborhood gem. Friendly competent service.Special Features:
- Food was good and our grouperiedinersDined on 8/12/2011Food was good and our group of 8 was served quickly. We'll be back again.Special Features:
- This is our favorite restaurant.BoCoFoodLoverVIPDined on 8/6/2011This is our favorite restaurant. The food is consistently great, and they have interesting specials. Definitely worth a trip!Special Features:
- From a canOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/6/2011We dined here over the weekend and found the service to be good and dinner on the patio was very nice. We ordered a beet salad, the special pizza (spicy broccoli) and a mini pizza for our son. We enjoyed the pizza, but were disappointed in the salad. With so many options for fresh local produce, especially during the summer, the bagged lettuce and canned beets were disappointing. Walking through the restaurant, I noticed big cans of many other pizza/salad ingredients.Special Features:
- We love Zamparelli's!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2011We cannot get enough of this place! We will keep coming back to Zamparelli's for the fantastic food, great service and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Very noisy, OK food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/9/2011We decided to give this place a try around 6:00 p.m. on a Saturday evening. Needless to say, I can think of a dozen other Italian restaurants that offer better ambiance and food at lower prices. To begin, the server seemed to have an attitude all night and offered mediocre service. The food was good, but nothing amazing. The spaghetti and meatballs my husband ordered were par for the course, but could have used a few more spices in the meatballs to bring out the flavor a bit more. The pizza came out a bit undercooked in the middle/underside. Last but not least, the noise level was very high in the restaurant as the high ceilings and cement floors provide little sound absorption. Tables are very close together, and ambiance is lackingSpecial Features: