306 West 13th Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://zampanyc.com/
- Phone: 2122060601
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alessandro Prosperi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private events are available for 30-45 guests for sit down dinner, buffet, or cocktail events.
- Private Party Contact: Anthony 2122060601
A word from Zampa
Italian small plates, entrees and eclectic wines, Zampa offers the diner a unique combination of local and imported ingredients and preparation in a modernist setting. We are dedicated to providing high quality, contemporary, and clever cooking with a focus on value. Our efficient and knowledgeable staff will guide you through our menu and wine-list to provide a memorable experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zampa reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)notable wine list (11)fit for foodies (9)romantic (8)late-night find (5)good for groups (3)great for brunch (3)special occasion (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- A wonderful finddsg53Dined on 9/14/2014Well prepared food made from the freshest ingredients, a superior wine list with a sommelier and wait staff who are knowledgeable about wines, warm and attentive service in a modern and comfortable setting. Zampa is an outstanding neighborhood gem, sure to provide a terrific dinner or brunch or an evening sipping good wine at reasonable prices. They excel at small plates and a few entrees, with ample selections for carnivores and vegetarians, grazers and those with big appetites, or friends looking for a comfortable place to meet over good wine and some select cheeses or bruchetta or a variety of imported meats. I recommend Zampa very highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureBritinNYDined on 9/4/2014I met a friend from out of town. We had a panini apiece and split some peach pie. Food was good. Service attentive. We were able to linger wthout being harassed. I always like going to Zampa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited menu but well-preparedSpangleNYCVIPDined on 8/21/2014You had better like pork, since there are only limited dishes beyond this other than vegetarian. My salmon, prepared with lentils, was delicious, and the tomatoes were excellent. Service is attentive and enthusiastic. Relaxed, informal atmosphere - a casual neighborhood place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- silkcityVIPDined on 8/15/2014brought to this spot via Blackboard Eats..somewhat hard to find, but more than worth the effort. Limited menu, but well prepared plates and some great wine selections. Advice, take the trip, its worth it.Special Features:
- Wine, wine, and more winelawroo79VIPDined on 8/14/2014Italian focused wine bar. I would stick with the basics: meats, cheeses, bruschetta. Did not love the fava bean/broccoli rabe special. Decided to opt against dinner, and just did a few apps, and glass of wine. May be back, but only for a class of wine before heading to more food focused restaurant.Special Features:
- What A Nice Surprise!!RubyVIPDined on 7/17/2014We were looking for a spot close to Hudson Park and Pier 40 to have wine and a bite before the Smooth Jazz Cruise. I am so glad that we found your restaurant and we will all return. Loved the paninis and my husband loved the lasagna bolognese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitBKDinerDined on 6/19/2014Went there on the recommendation of my date for the evening. Space was cozy and the lighting was nice. Not the busiest of evenings but weren't cramped at our table. I could see and hear her, so the atmosphere was greatly appreciated. The service was friendly and helpful. Definitely knew their wines. Despite ordering wine and several appetizers to snack on we were not made to feel rushed or pressured to order entrees. Loved ciro they recommended as well as the burrata and the crostini. Overall it was a really enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A staple!MeatsCheeses4MeDined on 5/24/2014This is one of the few restaurants I have come back to time and time again when I'm looking for an unpretentious, no fuss, killer dinner and wine night. Perfect spot to spilt everything, drink a few bottles of wine and never get rushed out. I alway order the specials because they are superb and I'm never disappointed. This past time the burrata was spectacular. Save room for dessert if you love delicious things. If you don't like delicious things, don't come here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 150 reviews are from the Zampa reviews archive.
- Make sure you get your OT points!Souperc99VIPDined on 5/4/2014The eggs Benedict was cooked to perfection. My Canadian Bacon looked a lot like boiled ham but it tasted great all the same. Service was attentive. This is the first restaurant that hasn't awarded me my open table credit for the dine so they get a good instead of a VG.Special Features:
- good food, a little loudnopeVIPDined on 4/18/2014love Zampa. a great neighborhood spot and a default if we're looking for a nice, comfortable place in the Chelsea/Village neighborhood. The food is always very good. For some reason they had the music up way too loud on Friday - so we had to shout to hear one another. Otherwise perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I cook better foodvdaydinDined on 2/14/2014The food was an absolute disgrace. The lasanga looked like it came out of a microwave, the pork loin was so dry and tasteless, the brocolli rabe was hard and had no flavor...it was an overall fail. I would reccommend that you don't waste your time or money!! An overall terrible experience.
- Excellent!EmmyHVIPDined on 1/28/2014We had an outstanding meal the other night. And it was very reasonably priced. We ordered a bottle of a wine they had on special not knowing the price. An excellent bottle and only $46. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/14/2014For the price the staff should be more knowledgeable! Had a great time.Special Features:
- Consistently excellentkatedVIPDined on 1/6/2014Although the menu is somewhat small, everything on it is excellent. They always have specials which are usually terrific too. You can eat at the bar if the restaurant doesnt have a table and still feel like youre part of the overall ambiance. Waitstaff and bartenders are great, friendly, and know exactly what they're doing! I hope this place sticks around for a long time!Special Features:
- Great Ambiance but Mediocre FoodnycfoodieDined on 11/7/2013I was excited to check out Zampa because of its great reviews and because of my love for tapas-style fare. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed by the options offered as well as the quality of the dishes. The crostinis were nothing special and the bread used for them was very hard and difficult to chew. The other small plates were nothing extraordinary and continuously lacked ingredients that would make it better than bland. In addition, the pricing for both the food and wine is quite pricey so it was disappointing to have spent quite a bit for wine and tapas and be unimpressed in the end. The best part of the experience would probably be the ambiance but that can easily be found at the many other restaurants around the area.Special Features:
- great food!table10Dined on 10/18/2013A really great dining experience. The food is not fussy and very delicious. The wine list is edited to perfection and my dinner as always was perfect!! The Kale salad was exactly the right combination of tastes and one of the best I have had! Loved the home-made mushroom lasagne, a must for the fall!! There are always specials in addition to the menu and it is always a big decision!!! There are so many interesting options and you can't go wrong!!! The staff is really nice and I have never had attitude and the atmosphere is cozy and fun!! It proves you can go out in NYC for a great eve and not spend a fortune!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meats and CheesesfoodbroadDined on 10/18/2013Zampa is a gem. Great variety of cured meats and cheeses, inciting nightly specials and decadent desserts. My friends and I were talked into the fig tart for dessert. Best decision I made all week. It was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not memorableLuv2dineDined on 10/8/2013For a wine bar,(?) only the cheaper bottles are offered by the glass. The good Barolo,etc.- you need to buy the whole bottle. Really not a return to kinda place. Rather pricey.
- Great food, loved our waitressJRodDined on 9/27/2013My husband and I went to Zampa for our wedding anniversary. We loved our waitress, she was extremely helpful in reccomending the right wine to pair with our meals. Our apps were great, we ordered mussels ( favorite part of the meal) and burrata with procuito. Our entrees were delicious. We both got lasagna, vegetarian and a meat bolognese. My only critique about the meal was the dessert. We were disappointed that our tart was dry and lacked flavor. We would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/24/2013I've been to zampa several times and it was great! I used a gilt city voucher which came with a pitcher of your choice of drink however it was more like a half of a carafe so that was the only disappointing part otherwise it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for dinner, not for brunch.jenivirgoVIPDined on 8/18/2013I came in for Sunday brunch and was very underwhelmed. Not only was the waitress unhelpful when I had an issue with my order, but the manager didn't even bother to step-in when he saw that she clearly served me inedible food. Some sort of disaster in the kitchen caused the cook to pour white wine all over my baked eggs in an effort to save them. If I wanted a boozy brunch, I would have ordered a mimosa...or three. They finally offerred to remake the dish without the goblet of wine. The 2nd version was fine. Don't get me wrong, this place is a fabulous dinner spot, but during the slow NYC summer, even their working employees seem to be on vacation.
- Pleasant brunchJennlVIPDined on 7/14/2013Had a deal for this spot for brunch and drinks. Very much enjoyed the food and beverages. The service was slow and a little confused, but the people were pleasant. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for brunchSamUKSaysVIPDined on 6/16/2013I took the parents to Zampa for brunch on Father's day. It was nice enough, good ambiance, good food (although my poached eggs were a little over cooked), good service and a very reasonable fixed prix offer. There was nothing to make it stand out though. @SamUKSays
- Easy and DelightfulSimpleDinerVIPDined on 6/6/2013Perfect decor: warm, modern, serene, interesting. Service: friendly and unpretentious. Maybe not perfect service protocol but spirited and charming and helpful (which matters more to me.) Menu: Extensive tapas and appes; 3-5 interesting entree choices. Interesting italian influenced full of accessible flavors one actually WANTS to eat. Food: Superbly good. Well prepared, beautifully presented. The chef has eaten the foods he serves. No logistical challenges. Portions are ample. Easy to make a great meal of tapas options. Wine: Very italian wine list. I always try to have a wine I don't know at Zampa. They will let you taste before they serve, by-the-glass options. I've had better luck with reds than whites at Zampa. I LOVE ZAMPASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a lovely place for aOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/6/2013Such a lovely place for a Saturday brunch. Beautiful light streaming into Zampa's wonderfully designed space, and a wide range of choices on the menu. Quiet for a Saturday in the Meatpacking District, which is never a bad thing! Will absolutely return for brunch again.Special Features:
- Always Delicious...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Love this spot! I have celebrated many special occasions here. The owner Anthony is a gem! The food is always delicious and they have the most amazing tasting tomatoes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehnonieDined on 3/16/2013Our waitress was very indifference towards us. We never received our bread basket. It was not the worst, but it's not great either. Not coming back & not recommending it to friends.
- A lovely surprise.The restaurantAnnieVIPDined on 3/11/2013A lovely surprise.The restaurant was pretty full (for a Monday night) so we expected it to be noisy but it wasn't. The food was excellent, service also excellent. We will certainly go back there again.Special Features:
- A bar for twenty-somethingsOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 3/1/2013We used to love Zampa (crazy about the lasagne, for instance), then it became a bar scene and the noise kept us away, then, once, we were there late on a weeknight and it was deliciously peaceful. So we returned this time on a Friday night, and it was simply intolerable. Very crowded, food produced and served carelessly, and deafeningly noisy. On these occasions, it is not a restaurant, it's a bar for twenty-somethings. If that's what you'd like, by all means go there.
- food was great, felt a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/1/2013food was great, felt a little rushed through. I meet up with my party early at the bar so we could have a glass of wine and relax before sitting and I felt pushed to sit at the table (we arrived at 7 for a 7:45 reservation). Then when we where done with dinner felt pushed off the table. We spent a nice amount of money and thought it disrespectful. The food and wine were great, though. WOuld go back - maybe on a quiet night.Special Features:
- Terrible Service and Mediocre FoodnycdinerVIPDined on 2/1/2013The entire staff at the restaurant acted as if they were doing us a favor by serving us. The food was fine - nothing special - and we would have had an enjoyable evening had someone even smiled at us while they were taking our order or delivering our food. They carried in an extra table and set up right next to ours, forcing us to squeeze past other diners to get out of our corner table. For what we paid there are 100s of other restaurants I'll patronize next time.
- This place is absolutely amazing!!!Jenny22Dined on 2/1/2013This place is absolutely amazing!!! Service was fabulous and our server had wonderful suggestions, just great vibe and food all around!!Special Features:
- First visit, I ate at theEC83VIPDined on 1/26/2013First visit, I ate at the bar on a Saturday afternoon and the bartender server was awesome ! I will be going back !Special Features:
- One of our neighborhood favesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/25/2013One of our neighborhood faves for a casual good bite, food and service never disappoint! A nice selection of small plates and larger entree sized specials, too.Special Features:
- Good experience for lunch GreatChrisVIPDined on 1/21/2013Good experience for lunch Great wine list Food was fine and nothing special; price point is a little high for what you getSpecial Features:
- Great food, very good serviceRobboVIPDined on 1/15/2013Great food. Nice service. Quiet. Nice simple decor. Great experience.Special Features:
- Zampa is a place where youOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2013Zampa is a place where you immediately feel well, in a cousy atmophere. The menu is such that it allows you to combine in accordance with your mood of the day. the choice of wines is excellent and prices reasonable. Service is very attentive and friendly. The only draw back is the level of noise. We will certainly go back.Special Features:
- We had reluctantly given upOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 1/6/2013We had reluctantly given up on Zampa because of the noise level. This time--9PM on a Sunday night--it was very quiet, indeed almost deserted. Not sure whether this is typical of the place these days. It would be a shame if it's no longer popular, since the food is superb. If you're looking for a perfectly done and quite unpretentious authentic Italian eatery, you can hardly do better. We'll certainly be back there, and see whether it gets very crowded and therefore noisy again. But we'll certainly return for the caponata, the lasagna, the crostini, etc., etc.Special Features:
- A very reasonably priced bistro.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2013A very reasonably priced bistro. Had it not been for the salad, I would have given it a higher rating. In fact, had my companion written this review, she would have given an excellent for the food. I tasted her striped bass, outstanding. Ambience is a bit Spartan, but I didn't go for atmosphere. I'd like to try this bistro again, perhaps in the near future.Special Features:
- Attentive serviceFoodieDined on 11/30/2012Great little place; crowded neighborhood place; however, the service was incredibly attentive.Special Features: