Zambra Tapas Bar
248 Lorton Avenue
Burlingame, CA 94010Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
Zambra Tapas Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://zambratapasbar.com/
- Phone: 6503445655
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Latin / Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We will accommodate all your off site caterings: weddings, birthdays, office parties from 10 to 150 people
- Private Party Facilities: We can work with you to serve your party by closing the restaurant for private dining.
- Private Party Contact: Marco Kurt 650 344 5655
- Entertainment: Weekly flamenco dance shows and live guitar.
A word from Zambra Tapas Bar
Zambra Tapas specializes in traditional small plates (tapas) from spain.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zambra Tapas Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (5)fit for foodies (5)romantic (4)special occasion (4)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- But I'm partial to TapasCorkiDined on 10/11/2014So my review will be biased. Tgis is my tgird time here and I haven't been disappointed yet. The menu has a good variety but nit so much that it's hard to make a decision. Plenty if vegetarian options. Nice but misest dessert offeri g perfectly fitting a tapas bar in California although I was surprised to see flan and bot Crema Catalina. Only suggestion is to re-thing the salads and dressings. I think the offerings could be more lively and refreshing (a bit too much bleu cheese) but the balsamic dressing is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/23/2014Zambra is slowly becoming one of my favorite restaurants. Been here to celebrate birthdays, catch up with a group of friends, or just a nice dinner for two, and the food and staff (minus the snobby bartender - but if you order from your waiter you are ok) are amazing!! Tapas, flatbreads, paellas, and salads are all worth trying. See you guys next week!Special Features:
- Not what I expectedDonovan59VIPDined on 7/11/2014My friend chose this as a half way between SF and San Carlos ... and while the place is pretty cute, the food was mediocre at best. We got in on the happy hour special for the first set of Sangria drinks and apps; the lamb meatballs were good - the spinach flatbread was tasteless. And then we split the seafood paella. When you're promoting being a spanish / tapas restaurant, your paella better be off the charts. THis was like a big pile of mushy rice. Again, pretty favorless, but more importantly lacked the part that MAKES paella, which is the crispy bottom. Very disappointing. Don't plan to return.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2014Restaurant was kind of stylish. Food was OK but nothing to write home about and a bit overpriced for the portion sizes. The real problem was they had the windows open a little and people smoking outside. Cigar smoke kept coming inside.
- The following 158 reviews are from the Zambra Tapas Bar reviews archive.
- Great foodCookieMonsterDined on 6/15/2014Located just off Burlingame Avenue, this restaurant is a great find. We have been there several times now and enjoy the tapas selection. There are a few different specials each night as well as a set menu. It is nice to be able to mix and match different flavors for one meal. The manager (who might be the owner) is always very alert to his customers requirements and is always ready with an answer to a question or a recommendation. There are some tables on the street and there are large windows that slide open, so on a warm night they can be opened and give some tables in the restaurant the outdoor ambiance as well. There is a proper bar with a good drink selection available also. There is usually parking on Howard if required.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another outstanding mealublondgirlDined on 6/14/2014We've eaten at this restaurant numerous times before, but took family members for the first time on this visit. They were blown away by the quality of the food, and the exceptional service. We will continue to frequent this restaurant, as we have never been disappointed in any way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDanielDined on 5/25/2014Didn't like the drinks or the food. Would have preferred some traditional tapas dishes. Found some of the dishes bizarre and inconsistent with tapas I have had around the world (and not in a good way).
- Good food, inconsistent serviceKarnDined on 5/24/2014Enjoyed the selection of food - everything looked interesting, and tasted great. Found the service sporadic - long periods of inattention (e.g. after we were first seated), followed by bursts of great service (from friendly personnel). I understand that the gap between tapas plates may be "by design" - but I would hope our drink orders were a little quicker next time around.Special Features:
- DisappointingFoodiefromPAVIPDined on 5/24/2014We had fairly high hopes after reading reviews, but we were ultimately let down. After being seated promptly we asked three different people for water and it eventually arrived after about ten minutes. We ordered a pitcher of white sangria, two salads, a lamb dish, empanadas, stuffed dates and papas bravas. The sangria was drinkable, but lacked depth and flavor. One salad was very lightly dressed and the other was completely undressed. The rest of the dishes were unremarkable. They seemed to be understaffed, however they were very pleasant. Won't be back.
- Full House Friday nightLetsEatVIPDined on 5/10/2014The tapas took a little longer on a bustling after-work evening. The scallops on corn coulis were fresh and tasty. A Spanish jamon-topped flatbread with fig jam as the pizza sauce was a surprise hit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 4/30/2014The food was awful. I ordered 3 of their supposedly good ones that I've read on Yelp reviews and none of them was good. Maybe the people who did the reviews on Yelp are their relatives ??? I was excited to go there but extremely disappointed. I am a foodie and been to a lot of restaurants everywhere in the U.S. and overseas and I know when it's good or bad. Zambra was definitely a disappointment for me. not going back anymore. The service was good though. Lady bartender was attentive and nice. Only the Hefeweizen beer was good. But that was a beer and they did not have to make it.Special Features:
- Great food, wine & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/26/2014Food was fantastic. Wine and drinks were great. The staff was very attentive, and food came out promptly when ordered, which is a plus for tapas. As far as the tapas go....order one of everything!!Special Features:
- Always a great standbyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/26/2014Zambras is our favorite place for a quick Friday night date. The atmosphere is always great and the service is outstanding. The owner/manager is always around and will always come say hellowSpecial Features:
- excellent dessertsFit4FunVIPDined on 4/25/2014As a gluten free eater I cannot truly speak to the menu as my options are limited. Or guests and I can say that the desserts were excellent! We shared caramel, and chocolate Sundays and also a flan (I an not a fan of flan) all were tasty and this sweettooth could have eaten all of them myself! Twice! Big thumbs up for the desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a taste of spainGQuijanoDined on 4/22/2014nice cozy place. enjoyed the tres civiche and the seafood paella. was expecting for a selection of ham like jamon iberico and jabugo.the red sangria was just perfect to have a restful evening. good service. a bit dark. would definitely be backSpecial Features:
- Bar at entrance? Noisy.DeanDined on 4/5/2014First impressions are everything when it comes to a restaurant. Upon walking into the place, we were confronted with a loud group of people sitting at the bar. As we were wanting a nice and quiet atmosphere, we both looked at each other and decided to continue with our reservation. Luckily we did, as the food was a classic take on Spanish food. We started off with the Tortilla Espana as our appetizer. Then we went with Kobe Sliders and their swordfish special. All the food were prepared nicely. We recommend asking the waiter/waitress about balance and portion sizes versus how hungry you are as we felt that we had the appropriate amount of food without being stuffed. Nice evening with Sangria to top it off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood Gem!DonnaColsonDined on 3/26/2014This lovely little neighborhood restaurant is tucked away on a side street in Burlingame. We always order tapas and have a share meal with friends. Everyone we take loves the food and the ambiance, and the sharing makes for a special meal. We love every dish, but always be sure to check the specials as those are usually the highlight of the night. The food has a wonderful ethnic bent - Peruvian and Latin American. Delicious. The staff is wonderful and the owners are always on hand to say hello and serve food while checking to make sure the group is enjoying their meal. They are great with kids - the sliders and French fries are a hit with them, so I would say there is something for everyone.Special Features:
- Very nice evening at a great priceLulubrownVIPDined on 3/23/2014Sangria and yummy tapas - good service, and the price was very reasonable. All good!
- This was my 2nd time at Zambra.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/1/2014This was my 2nd time at Zambra. The 1st time was during the week and servers were really attentive and the food came out quickly. The second time was on Saturday but the service, while initially excellent, really slowed down and it appeared that people who came after us were served before us. The restaurant was very packed with a couple of large groups. I love the small plate concept, because it allows us to try a variety of items, especially for a family with a picky eater. We definitely will come back anyway because the food is delicious.Special Features:
- Nice Find...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2014Loved this place. Brought a girlfriend from out of town. Great food, nice atmosphere, super friendly staff. I would absolutely go back.
- Fun, light date nightiluvtapasDined on 2/14/2014The only big thing that bothered me was the hostess recognized that we had a reservation (which we made 2 weeks prior), but told us twice she had to go find us a table. What's the point of making a reservation then? The table were small and space was tight, but I had a great time with my husband. Enjoyed the Sangria, dark ambiance, and intimate feel! I didn't eat much of the food by my husband gave it 4/5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulrwalkerusaVIPDined on 2/14/2014My wife & I went here for Valentine's Day. Very romantic, and great food & service. We even got the grilled dates, which I didn't expect to be as awesome as it was. Every dish was very good - we ordered a bunch - and was served quickly. This was a great restaurant!Special Features:
- Simply OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/1/2014It had been three years, and the waiter still remembered our drinks and likes. The ceviche is fantastic and the beef empanada's are something I will not soon forget. Great food, service and atmoshpere.Special Features:
- Tapas!!!SassyDivaDined on 1/25/2014I love tapas, especially empanadas. My husband and I are always on the search for restaurants that serve them. There is a place in Mountain View that I love, but its always so crowded and you can't always get in. Zambra is its equal in every way, but not as crowded. The food was amazing...We even ordered two rounds of empanadas! While we were ordering our food, our waiter said it would be too much so we ended up not getting the order of albondigas, but at the end of the meal, we wanted more! Servers were friendly and accommodating. Definitely worth a trip to Burlingame!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine, not greatCleanyourplateVIPDined on 1/24/2014The food here was decent -- tapas were actually quite good, but we also ordered a paella dish which was pretty unexciting. The tapas portions were generous. All together, fine, and I would return for tapas.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, price reasonablevivatortugaDined on 1/15/2014service is excellent. Just one thing, the lighting is quite dark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zambra = Everyone's HappyAllieDined on 12/12/2013First time eating there in the lunch hour. Had no idea they'd be open so I was excited to be able to book the time slot on Opentable. We ordered the potato croquettes, American Kobe sliders, salad & the lamb kebabs. The salad was superb & the sliders: SUBLIME. One simply cannot go to this restaurant & not order the sliders. That being said, if you're not an omnivore, they have many vegetarian options. We had a truly lovely afternoon. Customer for life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burlingame's Best Kept SecretAllieDined on 12/5/2013I lived in this town for a decade before finding this place. I'm ashamed to say it. The food is absolutely delicious. Carnivores, vegetarians & omnivores alike will all love the food served here. Do not miss their American Kobe sliders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas!!!!SaraDVIPDined on 11/26/2013Best sliders on the peninsula! Great service. My go-to spot for some wine and a few bites when friends are in town.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised!foodandfunDined on 11/8/2013I was craving Tapas for a date night with my husband, and came across Zambra - people seemed to have such mixed reviews, but my husband and I were impressed! After reading everyone's reviews, we decided to order the Ceviche, Albondigas, and the Traditional Paella - all 3 were amazing! He had the red sangria, and I had the white - for us, the sangrias were just so so but the food was fabulous and the service was excellent as well! Thanks Zambra for a great date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabuloso!DineDivaVIPDined on 11/8/2013A trip to Espana---Bay area style. I've already written about this, so there's nothing more I can say. Applause continued. Suggest a couple of truly fabulous wines from Spain, as the food is.Special Features:
- Ambiance outweighs food and serviceSharonDined on 11/2/2013monkfish was interesting and tasty, served on a bed of garbanzos. Most of the food was just OK. Service was unskilled, and a bit passive. Ambiance is lovely, though.
- Tapas and wine...yum!DinerSFVIPDined on 10/11/2013Delicious food, nice service, appropriate price. What's better than that? I'll be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodvivatortugaDined on 10/6/2013First time at this restaurant. Went because the paella looked good. And it was!! Great tapas. Prices are decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I came with a friend for arng1101VIPDined on 10/5/2013I came with a friend for a late lunch and also to celebrate her 80+ birthday. She never had Spanish food so it was a good treat for her. I make a great paella so usually I am dissatisfied with what I get from the restaurants. However, this one was pretty good. The owner(?) was very accommodating when I requested that there be no seafood, as my friend has an allergy to seafood. I ordered the gambas ajillo, which was not what I expected. i was looking for shrimp in olive oil and lots of garlic; this one was pretty saucy with other stuff in it. It was okay -- as i wanted to eat it with the paella.Special Features:
- Great Experience all around!MialooDined on 9/14/2013My husband and I love this place! The Ceviche Trio is outstanding and the Crab Cakes on the daily specials were the BEST that we had ever eaten. Other amazing tapas include the Garlic Prawns (ask for bread to dip in the sauce) and the blue cheese stuffed dates. The ambiance is dimly lit and romantic, service good and prices very fair. I recommend rhis restaurant for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice little restaurant.licha61Dined on 9/14/2013The service was excellent and the food was good. Very nice little place,Special Features:
- Great spot for tapasSneebsterDined on 9/1/2013Everything on daily special menu was delicious. Service was great and very friendly. Portions were hearty but not too heavy. All items were reasonably priced. would definitely refer to anyone who wants a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic SpanishTonyVIPDined on 8/30/2013Had a great meal at Zambra. We had multiple dishes and they were all very well prepared. We finished by spltting a paella among 4 of us. Paellas are often disappointing - this one wasn't. Overall highly recommend Zambra's.Special Features:
- Delish!!!' Great service tooOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2013Everything was great. Authentic and very reasonably priced. Service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.