2800 Clarendon Blvd
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.zaikadc.com/
- Phone: 7032488333x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch Buffet: Saturday & Sunday: 12Noon- 3:30pm; Lunch buffet: Monday to Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Dinner: Monday to Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday 5pm - 11pm & Saturday: 3:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:30pm - 10:00pm
NOW WE DO DELIVERY!
BUFFET 7 DAYS A WEEK!
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Pakistani, Indian, Contemporary Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering for parties of 25-400 people. Please call the restaurant for more information.
- Entertainment: Lounge Music on Friday and Saturday nights.
A word from Zaika
Zaika offers an appetizing array of India’s regional cuisine, including signature dishes from Bombay and Goa, as well as vegetarian specialties from the south. A delicious complement to the main dishes, the traditional Naan bread, baked in the tandoor oven, is given extra flavor with garlic and fresh butter, spices, dried fruits and more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zaika reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (17)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (11)special occasion (9)fit for foodies (8)romantic (8)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Attentive service, but UN evenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014We really enjoyed our recent meal at Zaika. Terrific menu and adventurous cocktail choices! Our waiter was very friendly and attentive, but we weren't confidant that we were communicating clearly, both in understanding him and being clear that we'd been understood. Other staff seemed to have strong communication, and all were quick to be of help, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Experience.FrankArmheadVIPDined on 9/6/2014Short version: Go to Delhi Club instead. Long version: Zaika won my personal award for worst dining experience of the year. I'll begin where my experience ended: The "waitstaff." Our waiter disappeared for 20-30 minutes at a time. It was not packed (though there were plenty of screaming kids), and they did not appear short staffed. We flagged down other waiters to go get our guy 20 minutes after we were ready to order. Half our appetizer order came after another 20 minutes. We asked a manager to cancel our order so we could leave. She said, "the chef is working on your order now." After an hour and fifteen minutes, with no entrees delivered, we left.Special Features:
- Expected BetterBB510VIPDined on 8/26/2014This restaurant was highly recommended by a client. It is located in a trendy area of Arlington, VA and it seems to be a go to spot for lunch. There is a very nice outdoor seating area and the restaurant in nicely appointed. I was very excited to eat here because I love Indian food and this was a lunch buffet so I got a chance to sample several selections. THE GOOD: The buffet offered a variety of delicious salads. The lentils, eggplant and chicken tikka were very good. THE NOT SO GOOD: I did not care for the lamb dish nor the rice pudding. The service was not prompt and not attentive which impacted my entire dining experience. Nothing I ate was exceptional. I have eaten at better Indian restaurants.
- They kicked us outMinnieDined on 7/29/2014We had a reservation for 9pm and they never said through the course of the meal that the kitchen closed at 9.45. We ordered and one of our entrees never came, which ended up being fortunate as the appetizer and other entree were huge. The food is acrually very good. When we wanted to order coffee and desserts they brought us the check and said the kitchen was closed. In the end we were able ro order a amall dessert to share while they literally removed the tables around us and cleared the place up. They should not allow reservations that late if they are not able to provide for the customers!! We paid and left and nobody was around. Im not coming backSpecial Features:
- Great everything!DowntoEarthFoodiesDined on 7/27/2014Great food, great service, great ambiance, great place to gather with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Felt a bit swindled by this restaurant. We initially order a mixed basket of bread and decided we wanted more bread. When we tried to order just 2 more orders, the waiter insisted that we needed to essentially order on a per person basis and order 1 order per person (5 ppl at table). We were all very confused by this but considering waiters/waitresses normally guide the diner correctly we submitted to this. Not only did we not even come close to finishing all the bread (prob ate 1-2 orders worth), but when we got our bill $25 of it was attributed to these bread baskets. We felt like we were very misguided and swindled by our waiter, ultimately, we decided to take this $ out of his tip. Def a negative experience and prob wouldn't go back.
- Great servicemgrollinsDined on 7/22/2014Only complaint was that the AC was broken. Great, unique spicy mojitos! Garlic naan is awesome, order extra.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service could improveFoodzgoodVIPDined on 7/16/2014We have visited several times and the food is always delicious. This time the service was not good at all and the food passable. We sat outside because the weather was beautiful - I think the waiter forgot us. We waited 30 minutes for our appetizer salad and did not get it until the manager came over and asked if everything was okay. The salad was not prepared as requested with dressing on the side so it went back. When the waiter brought a new salad, he also brought our dinner. The meat was over cooked and dry - possibly having sat for a long time (?) it was my husband's birthday and they did bring over two honey balls with a candle, which was nice but did not make up for the overall disappointing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best servers and tastiest foodLunchOutDined on 6/18/2014This restaurant always has the most flavorful food I have encountered with Indian cuisine – it borders on Nepalese, but perhaps those come from the Asian overtimes found in the secondary menu. Plus, the wait staff give just the right amount of attention and charm to make the meal even warmer and more pleasant. Definitely a NOVA favorite!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014Felt the food lacked correct spices and was not fresh.
- Delicious!HBearVIPDined on 6/1/2014Very simple presentation - and very appealing. The food was excellent. We sat outside and enjoyed a beautiful early evening meal. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- The following 99 reviews are from the Zaika reviews archive.
- Good FoodEnjoyDiningDined on 5/24/2014The food was good and enough to fill us up. Their drink prices are high so be careful of your drink order, it can be as much as your entre'. We saved the location in GPS as a favorite so we will still go back again...but I will be aware of the drink prices next time.Special Features:
- Old customer disappointed3kids4meVIPDined on 5/10/2014Such a shame, I have been going to Zaika for over 5 years; back when it was Tandoori Nights days. I had a truly problematic addiction to the Chicken Makhania, and happily introduced my family to the wonders of Butter Chicken. This last experience was horrible. They admitted they had changed the recipe. ;[ , for health resins, and it was an abomination. The chicken had been frozen, creaminess was gone, and I am dejected.
- great restaurantAbhiDined on 5/8/2014great food. great service . excellent restaurant. I always try to dine at this restaurant, whenever I get a chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Family Was ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014This was an excellent place for my family, one of which is quite picky. The food was excellent. The timing of the service between courses was excellent. Balraj was an excellent server with a super personality. He was on it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellentFoodzgoodVIPDined on 4/4/2014The evening started with a waiter that was not as friendly as normal but he disappeared shortly after we arrived and was replaced by someone helpful and interested. The food, as always was excellent. I had shrimp and my husband had eggplant - both well cooked. The breads are excellent. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Food and PricingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/2/2014Food is not great but it is decent enough. The only thing I hate about this restaurant is the floor and the chairs, they keep sliding.Special Features:
- Good Food and Good PortionsMikeVIPDined on 3/16/2014I've eaten here three times. Each time the entrees are excellent and the portions are good. Some Indian restaurants serve such small portions...this place does not.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but a bit overpricedDiscerningPaletteVIPDined on 3/2/2014The lamb and spinach was delicious. . . Cauliflower was tasty as well. Very good service. Delicious nan. Not much pizazz factor. food is a bit overpriced for whole experience. The bar area could be more funSpecial Features:
- time after a time a delightGnocchiHeavenVIPDined on 3/1/2014Thr beautiful paintings and canopy decorations make this a perfect romantic date but the two group dining areas are also perfect for work or personal functions. I just had my birthday dinner in the glass enclosed area. We love the veggie selections including byriani, malai kofta, navaratna korma. Chat papri is great appetizer and the mango and strawberry lassies are a must. Kashmiri naam is fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find in ClaredonOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/1/2014Went to Ziaka for the first with friends from out of town who wanted Indian food. The food and service was great and there were plenty of vegetarian choices. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Just OKsomewhathappycustomerDined on 2/28/2014I have been to Zaika twice. I probably wouldn't have gone the second time, but I found a Living Social deal so I snagged it. Just like the first time we were there, the second time we went was just OK. The food was fine (standard Indian), but the waitstaff was unorganized. We were asked several times by several people for our order even after we already ordered and our drink order was messed up. If I was in the area and craving indian food I might go back. I would not go out of my way to eat at Zaika unless you have a coupon and even then, it might not be worth it.
- Very nicely done Indian cuisineAsianfdlvrVIPDined on 2/26/2014Very nicely done Indian cuisine with short, but worthy wine list. Larger portions than I'm used to for tandoori items. Try the eggplant with cashew-based sauce for a surprisingly different and delicious option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, attentive serviceArlingtonGirlDined on 2/21/2014The service at Zaika was excellent--the servers were attentive without being intrusive. Our waiter gave excellent recommendations and the food--in particular the Aloo Chat Papri--was flavorful and delicious. If I lived in this neighborhood, this would be a go-to restaurant for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious High-End Indian FoodNatetheGreatDined on 2/15/2014Zaika was one of the classiest Indian restaurants I have been too. They have a large selection of dishes (that is somewhat bizarrely organized) and everything we order was good. I had the spiced wine which was also delicious; my date had the mango-rita which was a little sub-par (basically just mango nectar and tequila). The server was attentive though somewhat stoic and reserved until it came time to settle the bill (and add a tip!), at which point he brightened up noticeably. The decor was nice and had romantic/intimate lighting, which made for a nice date atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Indian food with a flairAsianStirFryDined on 2/14/2014Zaika gets it right with good and authentic Indian food in a restaurant designed to be modern and vibrant. We took the family here for a Valentine's dinner. The prix fixe menu included selections for soups, appetizer, entree, and desserts with wine pairings for each course. Our family of four had the opportunity to try out most of the selections and really enjoyed them all (both then and the next day with leftovers)! Zaika is not trying to be exotic by fusing east and west flavors...instead what you have is what you expect to eat at a good Indian restaurant. From street snacks and tandoor items to curries, breads, and desserts all do justice to the taste buds! Service seemed overwhelmed...hopefully only due to the Valentine Day crowds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid at all cost.ServiceMattersVIPDined on 2/14/2014Worst service of any restaurant I have been to in a decade. Took over an hour to get a waiter to even take our order, then drinks took 30 min. Even when I had to get up to find the manager and explain our situation, he was rude and unapologetic. Total time to get drinks and two courses was almost three hours. I can't remember any service experience this bad in a relatively expensive restaurant.
- Well let me start off withIlovefoodDined on 2/14/2014Well let me start off with saying that the area this restaurant is in has plenty of parking garages so that is not an issue. We found this restaurant tucked away by a bookstore and let me tell you we were blown away. When we entered the establishment, we were immediately greeted and seated to our reserved seats. Our waiter was phenomenal in that he took time to explain the special menu for Valentines day. The restaurnat was quiet even though it was busy and the food was brought out very fast. Overall the food was excellent and well worth the price. My wife was hesitant at first due to never trying Indian food before but she now wants to go back after we have eaten there. Well done to the staff at Zaika and we will be back soon.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Indian in ArlingtonRagnarVIPDined on 2/14/2014For all of the decent Indian places in Arlington, there aren't many I would consider upscale. Zaika is. Decor, ambiance, service, and especially food are a notch above the typical. They even have King Fisher on draft (in addition to a couple of quality crafts). Food was splendid. Tika salmon and pakora were especially good.Special Features:
- V-Day DinnerPaulBDined on 2/14/2014The ambiance is romantic and nicely decorated. Apart from that, the service was horrible. Our waiter either didn't understand English well or was just a poor listener. He would say ok and nod to everything but then not truly understand and our request would not be carried out. This happened several times and we had to talk to the manager who was very visible and passed by a few times. We were there for the 4 course Vday special however the service was extremely slow and we waited about 15mins in between courses. After 2.5hrs at the restaurant we decided to leave without staying for the last course. The food was also not great. I've been to a few Indian restaurants in the DMV and all were better than this one.
- Excellent buffetrdshahDined on 2/9/2014$15/person buffet expensive but tasty. Living social coupon helped. Food was very nice. Naan was very soft and surprisingly juicy. They could have added complementary drinks at that price range. Parking was public which got reduced to 50% after validating. The public parking is right next door. 3 hours = $3 after validating. Very romantic atmosphere. Old name Tandoori Nights. New name Zaika. New owner. This was my first visit and I loved the food and ambience. Could be a place for special occasions. Buffet items that were tasty [I am veggie] - Naan, Palak corn [like saag corn], Kheer, Gulab Jamun, Paneer chilly, Paneer Makhani, Veg Jalfreezi [okay]. Didnt like - Plain rice and pakoras [oily]. Probably another item would work betterSpecial Features:
- The experience overall wasakmmDined on 1/25/2014The experience overall was very good. The ambience was perfect, decor beautiful, food good. Only complaint: Our waiter was a little cold, but attentive. He would point at items on the table- without speaking-ie: if he wanted to refill my glass, or take my plate, he would point to the table. It took me by surprise a little bit, as I was unsure what he was wanting or needing at first. I found it a bit annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting experienceLianaLTDined on 1/19/2014This was my family's first experience of the Indian cuisine. Portions were big, food was fresh, the homemade cheese dish tasted good, but the rest was not special - Assorted Platter was dry, lassi lacked taste and my adolescent was not impressed with her Vegetable Jalfrezi. The ambience was nice and we spent our evening well. May come back some day.Special Features:
- New go to Indian in Arlington!ArlgalDined on 1/18/2014Delicious food and great service at a reasonable price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tasty "modern" Indian foodPaBlumDined on 1/17/2014Very tasty "modern" Indian food. By modern, they mean that some dishes are not found elsewhere but are made in the style of traditional Indian dishes.Special Features:
- The food was execellent, pricesMikeDined on 1/15/2014The food was execellent, prices were medium to moderate, the staff was attentive and I liked the decor. The Hostess was very friendly and attentive as well. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was average, not worthJason69Dined on 1/14/2014Food was average, not worth a 20+ mile drive. Despite of 60% of the restaurant was empty, we were seated right next to the Kitchen Area.Special Features:
- overall good food experienceMartinDined on 1/11/2014This is our second visit to this restaurant. We ordered bengan bharta and kadai paneer. Both dishes were nicely prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffet was not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/1/2014Had the buffet on New years Day. Had to wait for plates, some food items were gone, staff was rather rude, didn't ask if we wanted something to drink. I doubt we will eat here again.
- Lovely dinnerLoveIndianFoodDined on 12/24/2013The food was marvelous and had interesting touches. A lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.