579 S. Main Street
Milpitas, CA 95035Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.zahirsbistro.com/
- Phone: (408) 946-4000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: T-Sa 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jesus Gonzalez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- Private Party Facilities: Banquet Room with Overhead Projector and Wi-fi with sitting capacity 60 to 200 guests
- Private Party Contact: Zahir 4089464000
- Entertainment: Live Music and Karaoke
A word from Zahir's Bistro
A passion for good food, good wine, good friends... ...is the inspiration behind restaurant entrepreneur Zahir Quddus' latest creation, Zahir's Bistro. The restaurant opened on South Main Street in Milpitas in December 2011. Zahir is no stranger to the restaurant business, nor to Milpitas. He has opened several different restaurants over the years, dating back to the 1980's.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zahir's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (8)romantic (7)special occasion (7)late-night find (3)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Up and ComingbethimusDined on 9/20/2014Zahir's Bistro seemed like the perfect new spot to try out. The location is excellent, close to the great mall, and downtown Milpitas. The staff was attentive, the food delicious, and the portions perfect. I recommend the pear salad, as it is something that you don't get everywhere else. The only thing I could shake was the feeling, and perhaps it was just me, that the place was very new, and they were just starting to get into the swing of things. The food server seemed almost nervous and our exchange with her while ordering drinks was awkward, but she didn't do anything I could say was actually wrong. The food was well presented, and the flavors were excellent. I just got the feeling like the place had only just opened.Special Features:
- Great Place for 2LoveFineFoodVIPDined on 9/19/2014On Friday and Saturday Night there is live band and dancing after 9pm. We had a great dinner with great service starting at 7:30pm and waited for the band. It was great night out. The food was great. I had the prime rib and my wife had sea bass special. She said tasted great the vegetables that came with it were well season, and the portion was just perfect for her. I know the place is out of the way of things, bu its nice place for 2 to spend some time together and relaxing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive for what you gethealthyfoodieDined on 9/16/2014The food was okay, the service was okay, the place looked fairly nice. No big complaints or anything. It just wasn't particularly special or memorable in anyway. Grateful that there was a nice table because it wasn't crowded at all. Although I indicated that it was for my husband's birthday, there was no acknowledgment of that. Not expecting a freebie. All other restaurants have always at least said something to my husband, even very busy ones. There was hardly anyone there that night.Special Features:
- Personal AttentionJayMVIPDined on 9/5/2014Long time neighborhood place we'd never visited before. Lovely food, and personal attention by the owners. Great experience!Special Features:
- An Oasis in a Vast DesertSonnySteeleDined on 9/4/2014I came across Zahir in the course of a desperate search to find a fine dining establishment somewhere within driving distance of the Fremont Silicon Valley Marriott. Milpitas is a drive, but Zahir's was well worth the effort. It was a Thursday evening, they were handling a large wedding party, it was Happy Hour, and yet they (including Zahir himself) delivered a level of food, drink, and service that, when combined with the quiet, intimate-yet-open atmosphere, made the our dinner one of the most relaxed and enjoyable we have experienced. My only regret is that our plan to return the following evening in order to try other dishes fell through due to a last minute, critical business crisis. I'll go back on my next trip to the SF Bay area.Special Features:
- Great mealMeritaVIPDined on 9/2/2014We had a delightful meal at Zahir's. The food was very very good and our server was very attentive. it is a big restaurant so it is good for larger groups too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal touch512damonVIPDined on 8/29/2014We met Zahir himself, and he ensured we had an extraordinary experience. Will definitely return!
- Out of the BlueRodavlasDined on 8/28/2014The location was randomly out of the blue; however, the experience was awesome! The entire date was a wonderful experience. The only feedback was the host did not check my reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceMagicVIPDined on 8/23/2014This was a great experience. Wonderful service, very friendly and the owner actually came to the table to check on us. The food was outstanding. Would definitely go back when I am in the area.Special Features:
- will returndocvicDined on 8/9/2014First impressions are important. My first was the decor - understated but soothing, elegant, and colorful. Service was great, was greeted by the owner as well. The food? We had the prime rib (my 22 year old son devoured it), New Orleans chicken and the special rack of lamb. All three entrees were perfectly seasoned and cooked, each delectable in its own way. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DateDeacDined on 8/2/2014On our 34th anniversary (and 33rd and 32nd) we had a very nice time at Zahir's. Quiet and friendly, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just amazingDineWCompanyDined on 8/1/2014There really isn't much to say. I got a 20oz prime rib that was done how I wanted it. Medium rare. Now when you ask for a medium rare at other places it comes out medium most of the time. Not at Zahirs though. It came out perfect and staff were very nice. My date ordered a Prawns Fettuccini and that came out wonderful as well. We were very happy with our experience and would recommend anyone to try. Will be coming again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1 reviews are from the Zahir's Bistro reviews archive.
- GREAT SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/24/2014Had a nice dinner with my brother who had come into town from the midwest. I live in Marin and am accustomed to great food in SF and the area. Tough to find that in East and South bay. Zahir's Bistro was perfect. Great service throughout the entire dinner from greeting us through shaking our hand and opening the door when we left. Food and wine was perfectly cooked.I would recommend this to a friend.