500 Plantation Drive
Dorado, PR 00646Neighborhood:
CaribbeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.doradobeachclub.com/
- Phone: 7876261054
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Friday - Sunday: 8:00am - 11:00am; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 6:00pm; Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Puerto Rican, International
- Executive Chef: Jose Shamil Cedeno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wine
A word from Zafra
Zafra Restaurant is named for the sugar harvest of days gone by. Zafra reflects the ambiance of an elegant hacienda, and its gorgeous exposed ceiling beams, wooden Floor and original chandeliers and machinery gears are the backdrop for a delectable menu from Chef Jose Shamil Cedeno. Chef Cedeno drew upon his more than 25 years of experience in the culinary arts in Puerto Rico and around the wold, as well as his philosophy of "cooking from the heart", to create an exciting menu of fresh Caribbean treats accented with international flavors. Try a perfectly cured Salmon Gravlax or the rich conch empanadillas in sofrito sauce, a juicy rib-eye steak or excolar tuna over spinach with a tomato vinaigrette.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zafra reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (1)special occasion (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fine Dining in DoradorosenbljDined on 7/11/2014We had a lovely meal for 7 at Zafra. The ambiance was great, a very intimate space but nicely decorated with a bit of the history of the old plantation. Our server was extremely attentive and great with our small children. In fact, there is a kids club in the clubhouse where the restaurant is located with videos, games, and activities for the kids. Ours chose to stay at the table, which was not an issue. The food was very good and reasonably priced. It's a great dining experience. Most people dine later in Puerto Rico, so for our 6:30 reservation we had the place to ourselves. It started to fill up closer to 7:30 but was still quiet and intimate. Thoroughly enjoyed.Special Features:
- The following 9 reviews are from the Zafra reviews archive.
- Never disappointsraygunVIPDined on 3/21/2014We visit Dorado once a year and always make our Zafra visit on our last night before we leave saving the best for last. Dorado has surprisingly good culinary offerings for a small tourist destination but Zafra is at the top-a delicious elegant meal worthy of a top restaurant in the states in a beautiful tropical setting. The tuna tartare appetizer is served on a bed of dry ice (what a presentation). I didn't hear anyone in my party complaining about the food. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/20/2013We had a great experience at Zafra on our third anniversary, it was perfect. The big plus was that we were able to bring along our 4weeks old baby boy without any inconvenience. Great service ambience and food for a special occasion!!!Special Features:
- Terrible Experience!RichDined on 9/19/2013Made a reservation on OpenTable but when we arrived they told us the only table in the only two person table had reservations. They made us sit outside even though there were only about 3 or 4 tables of the 15+ tables in the dining room in use. While we were there, no one showed up to claim the reserved table in the dining room. As for the menu, we had looked at the menu on OpenTable, which was nowhere close to the actual menu. We ordered a stuffed chicken and tuna entree. The tuna was ordered medium and arrived extremely overcooked and overly salty, the spinach that came with the tuna was not well prepared. The stuffed chicken entree was overcooked, dry and extremely salty. Definitely not a pleasant experience.
- OutstandingSuluVIPDined on 7/10/2013Everything about Zafra is outstanding. The food, service, and atmosphere leave nothing to be desired. It is simply exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mothers daytannychefDined on 5/12/2013My first expeience and we were pleased with the service. Was outstanding. Food was extremely impressive. 100% Impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We especially enjoyed themalvmomVIPDined on 3/27/2013We especially enjoyed the stuffed chicken dish. This was a great place for the family. Service was terrific and it was great to have an outdoor option.Special Features:
- Dorado Beach GemMaxieVIPDined on 3/2/2013This restaurant is in the same building that houses the golf pro shop for the Dorado area adjacent to the Plantation resort. We were staying at Ritz Carlton Reserve and staff just takes you over in a golf cart. We were really not expecting what we found. The ambiance was an upscale island type decor, much more formal than expected,but dress was still island casual. The crab cake appetizer and bean soup were really special. Mixed greens, bleue cheese salad, nuts and vinegarette was very good. The garlic shrimp was different than we ever had, and to die for. We kept going to Grappa restaurant since it's rated number one in Dorado, and we really enjoy--but this is finer cuisine in a much nicer atmosphere. Great find.Special Features:
- MagnificentUncriticVIPDined on 10/4/2012Excellent service, it was consistent through the night. We were abundantly reminded that the chef could prepare anything we wanted if the menu was no to our satisfaction, furthermore that we could make any combination of plates in the menu. The food was very good and the portions very reasonably sized. The wine selection is limited, either high or low end choices. Also a little bit pricey. Overall is a great choice, will go back for sure but will bring a small group to share the experience.Special Features:
- Great service Miguel was thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012Great service Miguel was there to serve us and make it a magical experience. The manager Edwin also was wonderful making serve our dining experience was enjoyable. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a nice evening out the food was deliciousSpecial Features: