Zaffiro's - New Berlin
5200 South Moorland Road
New Berlin, WI 53151Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: $30 and under
Zaffiro's - New Berlin
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://zaffirospizzeria.com/
- Phone: (262) 797-8759
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Wayne Stiff
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
A word from Zaffiro's - New Berlin
Enjoy an amazing dining experience at Zaffiro's Pizzeria. Zaffiro's is famous for Thincredible pizza – a crispy, thin-crust topped with sliced (never grated) cheese, ladled with zesty sauce then layered with the freshest traditional toppings then baked to perfection. But that's only the beginning. You can also chose from a delicious selection of pastas, salads, soups, grilled panini sandwiches and appetizers, as well as wine, beer and other drinks. Zaffiro's Pizzeria is a comfortable and enjoyable spot for a night out with friends and family, a date with that someone special or for a quick lunch during your workday. Conveniently located at the Marcus Ridge Cinema, Zaffiro's Pizzeria is a complete restaurant experience you can enjoy on its own, or as part of attending a movie.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zaffiro's - New Berlin reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (3)special occasion (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- EmbarrassingUnimpressedDined on 11/8/2014We come to Zaffiro's quite often. We had guests from out of town and friends from in town meet us at 7:30 on Saturday. No movies just dinner. Our drink orders were wrong, some of us got our meal and others didn't. We had to remind our waiter to get our food. Part of the meal ( vegetables) weren't even made so we told them to just skip it. I wasn't finished with my drink and it was taken away. Our waiter said I handed it to him and our whole table replied "no she didn't" For one of the meals ( which was a pasta dish) they forgot most of the noodles. When the waiter came back(my son asked for noodles because you could count how many noodles he had) he brought a completely different type of noodle.Special Features:
- Great time for allphxmoviechickDined on 10/29/2014Christian was our server and was tentative and helpful with suggestions. Food was fantastic. Brought my 11 year old and a few friends to celebrate her birthday. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it again and again!RooshieVIPDined on 10/21/2014We just love Zaffiro's. The food is ALWAYS so good. Whether dinner and a movie or just dinner alone, it's one of our favorite places to dine!!Special Features:
- Movie Night WinnerDreamSteakDined on 10/17/2014An energetic pre and post movie hot spot at the Ridge Cinema, Zaffiro's delivers very good pizza and quick reliable service. Agreat selection of beers and house specialty cocktails provide a great compliment to a classic thin crust pizza. Housemade chips are well seasoned and make for a great appetizer. The only complaint is that the pizza crust is not as crispy as Zaffiro's original East side crust (a matter of an old seasoned brick oven on Farwell we've been told) and the sauce was a little sparse. A great stop before or after a movie.Special Features:
- We'll be backGreatDined on 10/16/2014Not only is Zaffiro's convenient for lunch (dinner) after seeing a movie, the food is great - now top that off with a server (Christian) that just made the whole experience triple the fun - The Ridge has a gem - Recommend you consider it the next time you're seeing a movie and having a bite to eat - you won't be disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza bargainJhildeDined on 9/2/2014Went for the Tuesday night special ( $5 one topping medium pizza). Food was good and prompt service able to eat with time to spare to make our movie afterwardSpecial Features:
- good thin crust pizzapizzaboy7Dined on 8/26/2014did not appreciate the server that got huffy because we asked for more plates and then threw/dropped/slid them on the table! is this a self serve place and we are to go and get our own plates??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizza special.FoodieVIPDined on 8/5/2014Pizza specials on Tuesdays compliment the Tuesday movie specials. Waiter was not up to par but we weren't in a hurry.Special Features:
- The following 114 reviews are from the Zaffiro's - New Berlin reviews archive.
- Thinnest pizza ever.ebeatoDined on 6/20/2014The food was verry good, and they promise thin pizza, WOW, amazingly thin! Our waitress clearly was overwhelmed with probably to many tables and unfortunatley the service was very slow. I would recommend friends to try it and I will try it agai.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average, possibly below averageaftermoviediningDined on 6/13/2014The waitress did not turn down the ceiling fans when asked, the coffee was only warm, and must have been on the burner for a time therefore taste not up to par, pizza was good but the size was not as waitress indicated and for our group we had to order a second one later because there wasn't enough for the group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable ExperienceItaliancitizenDined on 5/17/2014I am actually an Italian Citizen. I have dual citizenship. I have been to Italy several times and frequented Zaffiro's restaurant many time because they had the best pizza in town. We live in New Berlin so be appreciate having Zaffiro's so close. We love the décor of the restaurant, the Kitchen Sink salad is fantastic and most important, the pizza is fantastic. The free chips are a very nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mom's Day BrunchPamBDined on 5/11/2014We had six people for Mom's Day brunch. The food, and service was a wonderful value. Plus, it was very good. The service from the wait staff was exceptional. We wanted to go somewhere that was casual yet comfortable. We were bringing my husband's mother who is 105 and needed a spot where she was comfortable. The staff was particularily attentive to her and helped her even though she was a bit messy with her food. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- DISAPPOINTED IN BRUNCH!ckg57Dined on 5/11/2014Very disappointed in the Mother's Day Brunch. We should have said something right away, but we did not. For what we paid ($15.95/person) the food was not worth it. We have dined at Zaffiro's before and have enjoyed the food, but on Sunday the brunch was cold, flavorless, and just not appealing. The ONLY thing that I enjoyed was the fresh fruit and the cinnamon roll! Everything else was pretty bland. When a person puts shredded cheddar cheese on their scrambled eggs, they would think that it would melt! It did not! Even the pizza's offered were cold. This was an unfortunate brunch, and even more unfortunate that we spent $66.00 on the food!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014This was our first visit to Zaffiros for Mothers Day brunch. The brunch was just ok. For a pizza place, the pizza was the worst thing. It was very cold and did not look appealing. Plates were way to small for a buffet. Everyone in line was complaining about the plates. For the price I thought it would of been better.
- A little disappointeddetroit7Dined on 5/9/2014I was trying Zaffiro's for the first time. I had actually heard from friends that the food was not good, but I was trying to be optimistic. I ordered the Italian Wedding soup and the spinach and artichoke dip. I didn't like the soup, which the waitress immediately took back and off my bill, and to be quiet honest, the dip was very cheesy and had a little spinach in it. When we first were seated, we were seated next to the loudest family possible, which I wasn't too excited about, but they left rather quickly, so that was okay. My husband kept cracking jokes that he would like to eat his fries, if his waitress ever brought ketchup. She finally brought the ketchup when she gave us the bill and the fries were cold.Special Features:
- Mediocre pizza - high pricesDAnnieDined on 5/6/2014We ordered two large pizzas and a pitcher of soda. While the pizzas are big in diameter, the toppings were skimpy at best. Sort of like eating a cracker with a smear of cheese on it. We were charged for four sodas, though there were three of us, because a pitcher equals four sodas maybe? Either way, the pitcher was small and the glasses were large and each of the three of us got less than a glass of soda. The other issue was cleanliness. Our glasses had lip marks on them, pieces of the silverware were dirty and one of the plates had sauce on it even before we got our pizza. We chose this venue based on convenience of location, and that's about all it offered - convenience.Special Features:
- Great BargainJhildeDined on 4/29/2014Went for their Tuesday night special ( a single topping pizza for $5). Pizza was good service a bit slow. Although we had a reservation, we did have to wait a while because we didn't want a high top tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient place to eat b4 a movieGreatCustomerDined on 4/24/2014We did the Open Table reservation and were able to order our food and drinks and get out of the restaurant in time to go to see Captain America in the theater attached to the restaurant. It was very convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place has some problemsfrazibVIPDined on 4/19/2014Went on Saturday night at 9 pm. Only had two servers working the entire restaurant. Our server was very stressed out; we had a party of five so unfortunately we had numerous requests. Manager looked very stressed out. Restaurant was freezing, we asked to move away from the windows. Pizza was good as always. Ordered the gold standard for dessert. Very disappointing. The pound cake was completely burned around all the edges on both orders received at our table. I was only able to eat the inside part of the pound cake.Special Features:
- Unexpected1stTimerDined on 3/28/2014Because Zaffiro's is in The Ridge movie theater, I expected a small "to-go"-type setting. I could not have been more wrong. This is a full service, sit down restaurant that is suited for every type of occasion. Having been at Zaffiro's original restaurant on the East Side, I had the same expectations for their food. They met my expectations and was excellent. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Min Resv was perfect!quickRESVSatPMDined on 3/22/2014My daughter and I decided to go to Zaffiro's last minute on a Saturday night. Being mid-NCAA basketball tournament time, I thought there was no way to get a reservation. At 6:45 I checked open table and saw a 7:15 opening for 2. I booked it, hopped in the car, walked into Zaffiro's and was seated in about 2 minutes. It was nice as there were about 4 other groups waiting for tables, so I felt well prepared to have the reservation. Food was fresh and good - good price. We will go back. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best thin crust pizza aroundMickieDined on 3/22/2014Great food, great atmosphere, always love this place!Special Features:
- Nice option before a movieMelissaDined on 3/21/2014I ate gluten free, had chicken parm, no breading. The gluten free pasta with pesto sauce was tasty that was served with the dish. Others ordered baked fish fry, I heard very good but had to scrape off some of the pepper. One ordered salmon and said it was dry. I was bummed when I ordered the gluten free brownie dessert and it was served cold. The presentation was nice with raspberry swirls and whipped cream on the plate. No biggie, I just took it home and warmed it up. : ) This place is a must try if you want good food and have the option to walk into the movie theater in just a few steps. Time saver!
- Not memorableBikemomDined on 3/15/2014We went for pizza before a movie, and I talked up the place to my husband beforehand. I had dined with a friend there on another occasion, we had appetizers and wine and enjoyed the food. On this night the pizza was bland, the crust and sauce tasteless. I was happy to see the wide variety of toppings, but the flavor of the pizza was a disappointment. I thought that their pizza was what they were known for. Perhaps next time I will try another menu item. The service, on the other hand, was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff Needs TrainingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014We've experienced very poor service at New Berlin Zaffiro's on several visits and this time was no different. We arrived on time and were taken to our table, but no wait staff came by until we asked for our server. Since we had waited quite sometime, we were ready to place our entire order, not just drinks. This caused confusion for our waitress for some reason. When our appetizer was brought out we had to ask for plates...and silverware. Pizza was, as always, great, but waitress never checked back, and we had to ask for our bill and a carry out box. The location is convenient, but staff needs some serious training and oversight.Special Features:
- Always great pizza at ZaffirosJadairDined on 2/15/2014Always great pizza at Zaffiros ..... Good to see more dinner options on the menu.Special Features:
- February 15th 2014heavenlyDined on 2/15/2014We decided to go here after I received an e-mail for their valentine's day special. 1 appetizer, 2 entrees, and dessert for $29.95. When we arrived, they handed me a flower that was the same type my fiance bought for me the day before. The tenderloin sliders are sooooo delicious! The red pepper pasta w/ grilled chicken breast was yummy. Too bad this isn't on the regular menu, because it should be! The flourless chocolate cake reminded me of a brownie, and was quite yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/8/2014Pizza leaves you full, but not stuffed uncomfortably. not greasy either like most others we've triedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!RooshieVIPDined on 2/6/2014Love the sandwiches. They are the best. And the fries are awesome and come in this cute little fry basket!Special Features:
- yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014We have eaten here a few times and love it. The food is delicious. Service has always been good. I'm not a drinker so I can't comment on the bar.Special Features:
- SurprisingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2013I was surprised at how good this was for being attached and part of a movie theatre. It was quite good. One suggestion... update the wine and beer list. They were ok..but not great. Add more local Wisconsin microbrews and some non-US wines.Special Features:
- Love the happy hour appetizers!VickieDined on 12/17/2013Cannot beat the half price appetizers during happy hour! Great grilled shrimp and tenderloin sliders. Yum!Special Features:
- Must have been busy night/understafanniversarynightoutDined on 11/15/2013Our server tried very hard, but seemed to be spread WAY too thin. After being seated it was about 10 minutes before we were greeted and our drink order placed- I got my glass of wine about 5 minutes before my husband got his iced tea. We placed our appetizer order the same time as our pizza order. Appetizer was great, when our pizza finally came we needed parmesean and red pepper flakes- by the time they came- our pizza was almost gone. Our server then asked if we wanted our bill- we said no, we'd like to see the dessert menu- she came back with the bill about 10 minutes later. By then it was such a tedius process we just left. Like I said- hope it was just a fluke night- we normally have no problems when we dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pizzagatorDined on 10/19/2013If you like thin crust pizza...this is the place for you. Daily specials are good.Special Features:
- they were busy on a FridaydinerVIPDined on 10/18/2013they were busy on a Friday night, but the proximity to the theater made it a good choice for us. They messed up our pizza order, but management hurried a new one to us in a box so we could take it in to the theater, and comped its cost, so they are forgiven the mistake. Pizza is pretty good, but they seem to have shortened up the list of non-pizza menu items. Convenience for the movie-going patron is probably the main selling point to this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were devoted customersItaliancitizenDined on 9/1/2013We were devoted customers to the original Zaffiro's restaurant on the East side even though we live in New Berlin. It's the best pizza in town. We now enjoy the pizza at the New berlin location since it's close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stop before a movieOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2013You can eat only. Or stop before a movie. Great service and ambiance. A regular stop for usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceunhappyDined on 8/17/2013early reservation for bday party. waitress was "put off" by our ?? and appeared unhappy with having to even be there. I had called ahead to ask for some sort of bday cake? dessert ? for my daughter. When dessert finally came, nothing was pre planned for her. The waitress asked what we wanted for dessert. Without a menu I had to ask what was available that the girls would like and she said "i don't know probably nothing..." Really??? I am not sure if this waitress didn't have proper training on how to talk to customers, but I wasn't impressed. I was disappointed in the service and the fact that they didn't have anything prepared for my daughter. for an early reservation, i should have been getting the best of this waitress.
- Great Food & Great Service!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2013Our waitress was wonderful! She was in the process of training someone (and I can be a bit high maintenance), but throughout dinner, she had a smile on her face and was extremely helpful! She suggested a wine, which was very good, and the food was excellent. Will definitely have dinner there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pizza and wonderfulRobinDined on 7/27/2013Excellent pizza and wonderful atmosphere! We will definitely be back!Special Features: