Zaffiro's - Mequon
11700 North Port Washington Road
Mequon, WI 53092Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Zaffiro's - Mequon
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zaffirospizzabar.com/index.php
- Phone: 2622416185
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Aimee Heineck at (262) 798-7592 or email@example.com to reserve.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for details.
- Private Party Contact: Aimee Heincek 2627987592
- Entertainment: Zaffiro’s Pizzeria is located at the Marcus North Shore Cinema. Our Premium package includes complimentary reserved seating in the upper level of our UltraScreen®, a movie admission, and a $5.50 voucher good at Zaffiro’s or for any food and beverage at the theatre. Our Convenience package includes admission, a reserved seat and a $3.50 food and beverage voucher. Meet at the Take Five Lounge for drinks; enjoy snacks at our concession stand and check out the wide selection of foods at our HotZone. For tickets, show times and more information are available at www.marcustheatres.com
A word from Zaffiro's - Mequon
Enjoy an amazing dining experience at Zaffiro’s Pizzeria. Zaffiro’s is famous for Thincredible pizza – a crispy, thin-crust topped with sliced (never grated) cheese, ladled with zesty sauce then layered with the freshest traditional toppings then baked to perfection. But that’s only the beginning. You can also chose from a delicious selection of pastas, salads, soups, grilled panini sandwiches and appetizers, as well as wine, beer and other drinks. Zaffiro’s Pizzeria is a comfortable and enjoyable spot for a night out with friends and family, a date with that someone special or for a quick lunch during your workday. Conveniently located at the Marcus North Shore Cinema, Zaffiro’s Pizzeria is a complete restaurant experience you can enjoy on its own, or as part of attending a movie.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zaffiro's - Mequon reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (8)neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (4)good for groups (4)fit for foodies (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)hot spot (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Convenient and good foodTobbaVIPDined on 10/14/2014Glad Zaffiros opened at North Shore Theater because it's very convenient when going to a movie and the food and service is always dependable and good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizza was bland and less than hotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014Unfortunately, this is the second time that we have had poor food quality. It is a good place and certainly convenient but unlikely to return due to less than satisfactory food. Pizza lacked sauce and cheese. Waitress was good but took long time to get food.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2014It took 45 minutes to get a medium pizza. Service very slow. Not usually this way.
- Dinner and a MovieTimoteoDined on 7/12/2014Had dinner here with my daughter prior to going to a movie at the Theater. Hostess sat us in a great booth, server was very friendly and helpful, pizza was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fast, predictable and convenientTobbaVIPDined on 6/24/2014Great for pre or post movie...one stop convenience. The thin crust pizzas are always delicious and with a salad, a complete meal! Prices are reasonable and the wait staff friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 156 reviews are from the Zaffiro's - Mequon reviews archive.
- Zaffiro's for great foodGreatfoodieDined on 4/26/2014My wife and I shared a pizza. Terrific fresh mozarella, fresh mushrooms, and tasty sausage on their usual thin crust. Fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Comfortable, relaxing placehappyDined on 3/12/2014Ziffiro's is a comfortable place that's very accessable. Since we live in Mequon, it's an easy place to get to and a place that is perfect for a casual evening planning dinner or easy access from the movies. The staff is friendly and the food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a MovieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014This is a great place to go when you need to grab a quick, yummy bite before you go to the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great night outluvfoodDined on 2/9/2014I wanted to celebrate my husband's birthday with our kids and see a movie afterwards. This was very convenient and the the meal was perfect. We had pizza and it had the thin crust, which we love. The waitress was very attentive and helped us celebrate my husband's birthday. We really had an enjoyable time in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Disappointing returnjimestenDined on 2/8/2014We have a great first experience at our first visit, but hit a few bumps second time around. Very early dinner on a Saturday and yet they ran out of a key menu item. Vegetable with the alternate entree was not even fit to eat. Description of sides with an entree apparently so misleading that we were not the only ones who had asked about it after receiving the meal. All in all a somewhat disappoint return trip, but we're still likely to give this one another go because they hit it out of the park on our first visit.Special Features:
- Movie and dinnerTobbaVIPDined on 2/1/2014This is a major restaurant convenience when going to the movies. The pizza is very good if you like thin crust and there are enough salad choices for those people on diets. Nice to buy your movie tickets and not rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Movie destinationMovieNiteDined on 1/21/2014We typically go to a movie during the week and eat after. Around 9:30 pm. We felt rushed to eat. Last 2 weeks the staff was cleaning up, putting chairs on tables and waiting for us to leave...
- Good pizza, convenient spothad2lafDined on 12/31/2013Zaffiro’s in Mequon has excellent pizza and I LOVE the kitchen sink salad, but the prices are pretty high for what you get. We only go to the movies 1-2 times per year and treat ourselves to a pizza and salad beforehand. If it wasn’t connected to the theater, I don’t think we’d go there anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great with or without a showjimestenDined on 12/20/2013We didn't add the show, but some great packages are available. But even without a show, this is a worthwhile stop! Great menu, good prices and the service was spot on. There's even some reserved parking close to the restaurant for those not also taking in a show. Definitely one we'll visit again!Special Features:
- Great pizzaTobbaVIPDined on 12/19/2013The thin crust pizza was great!.....but a few too many anchovies - a little too salty and I love anchovies!Special Features:
- Excellent pizza!JohnVIPDined on 12/5/2013For those who love thin crust pizza, Zaffiro's offers the kind (crispy crust, zesty sauce, delicious, lots of fresh toppings) that is harder and harder to find nowadays. The biggest downside is the service -- it seems to vary depending on how crowded they are. Try to avoid times when lots of movies are letting out (even if OpenTable says a table is available at your requested time, you may end up waiting). Also the place can get a little bit loud. But for this pizza it's worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient dinner destinationTobbaVIPDined on 11/30/2013The waitress was good, but the kitchen left things out of our salad that were suppose to be included-the waitress offered to bring them on the side, but we were in a hurry. Also thought the "personal pizza" a small version was overpriced @ $8.95Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatRyanHDined on 11/23/2013Food was great, service was fantastic! For our first time being there, (we were there to see a movie as well) I was very impressed. We will be going back even when not going for a movie night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After movie dinnerTimoteoDined on 11/9/2013New menu, same pizza. We ordered a pizza from the regular menu and one from the kids menu for my daughter and a meatball torpedo with side salad. The pizza from the regular menu was good, what we typically expect from Zaffiros ultra thin crust style, but the pizza from the kids menu was awful, burnt crust, no sauce dry as a bone. The Italian white balsamic dressing that came with the side salad had a very unappealing consistency and taste. On the plus side when we arrived after the movie the restaurant was packed with many people waiting in line. Since we had our reservation we were seated immediately. Thanks for holding our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice to pair with moviesMarkDined on 10/12/2013Good solid choice if you want to catch a movie at the Marcus. Also fine at other times of course but really works great for movie goers. They make an excellent premium Margarita. Pizza is nice and served hot. Good choice of appetizers. Staff is friendly and pretty efficient. Very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress with a sense of humorDowntownDiner1Dined on 10/5/2013We started out by driving to the restaurant to make reservations for our party of 7. Opentable didn't have the correct phone number and we really tried for making a reservation online but it only allowed for 4 people at that time. Everything went well at Zaffiro's and the hostess and waitress were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zaffiros has the best pizzaGigiDined on 10/4/2013Zaffiros has the best pizza on the planet! Their chicken parm ranks up there too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zaffiro's for food before the movieFacedocDined on 8/30/2013Good pizza (very thin crust) and salad before a movie at the attached Marcus multiple screen theater. Unlike the original downtown Zaffiro's, the red sauce is a bit short on the traditional slow cooked flavors of traditional Italian kitchens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pizza!!!! Very convenientMarsDined on 8/11/2013Excellent pizza!!!! Very convenient right in the movie theater or you can enter from the outdoors if you prefer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, fast pizza before a movieOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2013This Zaffiro's is located at the movie theater and the goal is to get good food fast before a movie, And they achieve this goal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Spot for Dinner and MovieWIFoodieDined on 5/3/2013I can't say the food was great, but it was pretty good. Nice selection, speciality is thin crust pizza. And I mean thin. Thats fine with me, but it was jus so so. Crust was thin and crispy as advertises, but sauce has no flavor, and cheese equally tasteless. We also had a couple appetizers, the spicy pasta and loaded mac and cheese. Everything was good. Like good bar food. Which is fine, but I expected a more authentic italian taste. But considering its in a movie theater, it was more than adequate. I should add the service was outstanding. From the hostess, to the bartender, and to our waitress Claud, everyone was friendly and seemd well trained!Special Features:
- we arrived for a 5:45 pm reservatioMD51Dined on 4/13/2013we arrived for a 5:45 pm reservation, ordered our food immediately: appetizer and two chicken wraps. Out appetizer didn't come out until 45 minutes later and we asked for our wraps to go because we were going to see a movie at 6:40. The waitress was very apologetic. We have eaten at this restaurant many times and never had any problems with service or food. I hope this was just a one time incident.
- Best 'za in MKE. Love theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Best 'za in MKE. Love the Kitchen Sink Salad. Very busy but still excellent service.
- Stopped in to try their ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013Stopped in to try their Valentines heart shapped pizza meal. Everything as great. Would eat there again.Special Features:
- Good place for some thin crustOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Good place for some thin crust pizza before the movie. More convenient than anything. Valentine's Day special was great deal, appetizer, pizza and dessert for 2 for $25. Our waitress accidentally charged us for the wrong ticket but corrected the problem.Special Features:
- Bring your patience pantsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2013Arrived on Saturday night for a 7:00 reservation for 2 made through Open Table. Seated promptly. Ordered immediately--when the waiter took the drink order--because we didn't want to be rushed against an 8:00 movie. Order (a small plate appetizer, an individual salad, and a large pizza) was in by 7:05. Salad arrived around 7:20; appetizer and pizza arrived together at 7:40. Waiter apologized for the delay and, as compensation, offered two movie passes (of the Sunday-Thursday only variety, which are no good for any "pass listed suspended" show). Wolfed our food, paid, left the worthless passes on the table. Food was nothing special; service was deplorable.
- Very convenient to have theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/26/2013Very convenient to have the restaurant attached to the movie theater - makes for a very stress-free 'date night' - however, it took a very long time to get two glasses of wine and then our order was incorrect when it arrived at the table. But on a positive note, the waitstaff did make this right by eventually bringing the correct order.
- Very good food. Wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/14/2013Very good food. Wait staff was polite and helpful.Special Features:
- The service and waiter wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012The service and waiter were great, food came out very fast but the pizza left a lot to be desired. I'm not in love with thin crust pizza. My wife loved hers, about an 8/10. Mine was not worth rating, tasteless and boring.Special Features:
- We have eaten at Zaffiro'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012We have eaten at Zaffiro's many times. We are always impressed with the warm & friendly staff. Food & drinks are always outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012Excellent food and service. Fast and attentive staff. Reservation was honored on time.Special Features:
- Good pizzalovegoodfoodVIPDined on 12/29/2012A nice option for dining before/after a movie. The pizza was very good - nice thin crust, not greasy. Appetizers are not very good. There are numerous parking spots that are reserved for Zaffiros diners, however, movie-goers obviously took the spots without dining there because the restaurant was about 1/4 full when we went. If I wasn't planning on going to a movie and the parking lot was as full as it was, I would not choose to eat there if I had to park as far away as we did.
- Love the pizza, one of ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012Love the pizza, one of our favorites! Crust is thin and crispy even with many toppings on it.Special Features:
- The meatball Torpedo was reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/1/2012The meatball Torpedo was really good. You could feed 4 people with it! The calamari was a little over salted,but good.Special Features:
- Zaffiro's does a great jobOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/30/2012Zaffiro's does a great job with getting you in/out before your movie without making you feel rushed. We really like the pizza and they have great salads, too.