4039 18th Street
San Francisco, CA 94114Neighborhood:
VietnamesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zadinsf.com/
- Phone: 4156262260
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
- Executive Chef: Truc Tran
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Take some of your favorite Zadin dishes to your event. You can find our catering menu online at www.zadinsf.com. We will deliver for orders over $250.
A word from Zadin
Zadin Vietnamese Restaurant welcomes you to the Castro with an elegant, casual space, high quality food, and an eclectic wine list. We serve a variety of traditional dishes and some updated classics. Zadin, meaning "family" in Vietnamese, is brought to you by cousins Truc Tran and Bao Phan. They welcome you to sample some of their family's favorite recipes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zadin reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great food, boring serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/15/2013Flavor-infused food with great presentation! Servers were unenthusiastic, non-interactive; just plopped dishes on table without asking if we needed anything more. We would go back for food only. Hoping next time service improves.Special Features:
- Another Fabulous VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/15/2013This place is super delicious, upscale Vietnamese fare - Don't miss the prawn/coconut rice/mango dish or the shaking beef - They're especially delicious! We even forgot our half drank bottle of wine and they had it for us the next afternoon - Truly awesome customer serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambiance for a VietnameseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/5/2013Nice ambiance for a Vietnamese restaurant. Very friendly service and the food was just excellent!!! We had the pork spring roll, fried calamari, spicy chicken pho and scallops. All of it was outstanding and the presentation was great as well. I highly recommend Zadin!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Vietnamese food in SFOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/4/2013This is by far the best Vietnamese food I have had in SF, the shaken beef is amazing. The service is outstanding also. A wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Repeat ClientOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 5/30/2013I have been to Zadin numerous times with many different people and the consensus is always - "what a great place and I would definitely return". Parking may be a bit of a challenge so get there a little before your reservation but well worth it. We went just the other night on a Friday and it was beautiful weather which meant most people parking their cars and opting to walk the neighborhood but we still managed to find a space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Pho I've ever had!ChottoVIPDined on 5/26/2013The best Pho I've ever had! Pho Bo Sate was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food... and it was GFGFfamilyDined on 5/21/2013We were visiting San Francisco and as foodies looking for great food that was also GF friendly. This place was well worth a cab from Union Square!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Castro deserves betterphoenix373VIPDined on 5/20/2013Zadin is a perfectly well run restaurant from my single visit. The food came out on time, the wait staff are nice and they let us stay there for a pretty long time, probably a bit past the time they were planning to close. But the food was just ok, the Tenderloin is still the go to location for quality, tasty Vietnamese cuisine. We had some imperial rolls, shaken beef and creamy scallop noodles dish. Everything was pretty good, but just not that clean simple flavors I'm accustomed to at places like Tamarine in PA or even the recently closed Vietnam Too Seafood in Little Saigon SF.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waiter, food OK, wine $$$$OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2013Pho was good, Shaking beef and Scallops were disappointing. Summer pork roll better than chicken/shrimp one.
- Mother's Day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2013A family favorite! It is THE place to go after our Mother's Day outing. Celiacs often feel left out, but with so many gluten-free items on the menu, we could share everything and did. Our favorite is the fried calamari appetizer. It's gluten-free, as is the Shaken Beef. Every item is fresh, sophisticated, and delicious. I've never had a bad meal or experience. Go early if you don't have a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all goodHimCanineEqualizerVIPDined on 5/5/2013My friends asked me for a recommendation and we recommended everything. Not because we have tried it all, but between all the friends we've brought over there we have covered all the dishes and everyone was excited about what they had. Not just content, but excited. I love the Pho Bo Sate, Lemongrass Pork, and the Beef Dishes. My partner loves the prawns and the scallops, but what does that matter when it is all good! They have come to know us there too and like any good neighborhood restaurant, it always feels good to be recognized and welcomed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service going down hill?OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/21/2013I've been to Zadin many time and have always been pleased with the good food and fast service. However, on this visit it took a full hour to get a bowl of pho and we arrived before the dinner rush. Hopefully this is not a sign that their service is going down hill.
- Being a Gluten Free FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/15/2013The food was outstanding! Being that 2 out o f 4 of us are Gluten Free it was the perfect place to dine. We shared all of our dishes and we all ate like we were gourmet foodies! A GF treasure to say the least.Special Features:
- Excellent food and very quickOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/9/2013Excellent food and very quick service. We really enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- Went for the Pho and was notOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2013Went for the Pho and was not disappointed! Friendly greeting at the door and a "soup is love" dinner. Yum!Special Features:
- Zadin's one of my new SF favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/6/2013We were so lucky to find Zadin. It's upscale Vietnamese cuisine at reasonable prices. The food was delicious, and the service was fantastic. One of our new favorite spots in San Francisco.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure to eat here. EveOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/5/2013Always a pleasure to eat here. Everything is always so nice!
- Food and service were excellent!CongoVIPDined on 3/1/2013Food and service were excellent! The summer rolls, fish rolls, chicken noodle soup and garlic noodles were the best items on the menu. Food was served promptly and service was great!Special Features:
- Very nice atmosphere withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/21/2013Very nice atmosphere with great food to match. Fully enjoyed my meal and the cozy feel of this restaurant.Special Features:
- Food Charms from Viet NamOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Courteous and pleasant atmosphere and food. They even accommodated our unexpected arriving earlier than our booked reservation, and soon they were able to find us a table.Special Features:
- Really EXCELLENTOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/14/2013We went to Zadin for our Valentine's Day dinner before a show in the Castro and we really LOVED it. Small, intimate but refined and pretty decor. Succulent food. All our dishes were excellent Vietnamese food. Our waiter was really attentive and friendly. Will go back in a beat.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day delightSFtravelerDined on 2/14/2013We went here for our Valentine's Day dinner and were just stunned at the quality of the food and service. We had the salt and pepper calamari and Zadin rolls as appetizers and they were perfectly matched to their dipping sauces. For entrees, we had the soft-shell crab over garlic noodles and the shaken beef. The noodles were not too garlicky and had a wonderful sauce while the beef was tender and nicely matched with the fried yams. We will be back.Special Features:
- Food was lovely - thoughtfullyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/5/2013Food was lovely - thoughtfully prepared and served, great combination of flavors: hot/sweet/sour/savory. The beef cubes with yam fries and the fried noodles are off the charts delicious.Special Features:
- My book club met here whenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/4/2013My book club met here when a hostess pulled out at the last moment. It proved a wise choice. The tables re far enough apart tht our discussion did not disturb neighbors. We could easily hear each other talk. Service was efficient. People were happy about their selections, especially the appitizers.Special Features:
- Food was terrific! But weOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/26/2013Food was terrific! But we had to wait between 5-10 mins for our table even though we had reservations.
- This is a gem in the CastroOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/4/2013This is a gem in the Castro neighborhood - great food, great service, and nice ambiance. I tried pretty much everything in the menu, and I loved it. Definitely to try!Special Features:
- Modern & Delicious VietnameseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/3/2013The food here is fresh and delicious. The perfectly cooked Shaking Beef, crispy Pan Fried Noodles, light and fresh Zadin Fish Roll and Salt and Pepper Calamari with an addictive lime cilantro sauce cannot be missed. Almost everything on the menu can be ordered gluten free and there are many vegetarian options and tofu substitutions. Varied wine list with some great crisp whites to match well with the Vietnamese flavors. Accommodating and pleasant staff. Comfortable and tastefully decorated. I've eaten here many times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Zadin gets an outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012Zadin gets an outstanding from me because it has excellent food at a very reasonable price with a comfortable, modern atmosphere. It's consistently good.Special Features:
- Great food for all!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012The food was amazing, great wine selection, and wonderful service. My daughter has Celiac, so gluten-free is a must. They were so supportive and helpful with the menus (dessert, too). They made her food gluten-free and was so flavorful. Every meal was delicious, well presented, and no mistakes. It was perfect!Gluten-free musts: green curry with scallops and the coconut, lemon bar for dessert.Special Features:
- It was better than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/8/2012It was better than expected and the food seemed better than the last time I was there.
- The food & the service areOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/5/2012The food & the service are Always good at Zadin. If you're in the neighborhood and craving Pho, go here!
- well done good food, serviceoahu2sfVIPDined on 11/20/2012well done good food, service that's all you can ask for. Consistent ....Special Features:
- Food was outstanding - myOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Food was outstanding - my partner Dawn needs a gluten free diet, and the menu and choice were first class. Excellent evening, not expensive, we will definitely visit again the next time we are in San Francisco.Special Features:
- Excellent upscale VietnameseOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/12/2012Excellent upscale Vietnamese food - Lovely atmosphere & decor - Super attentive and speedy service - Request a booth if you're on a romantic night outSpecial Features:
- Consistently excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/11/2012Consistently excellent. Whenever we take guests to Zadin, whether gluten-intollerant or not, they always want to know the exact location for their next visit. Service is outstanding always.Special Features:
- Consistently tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/7/2012Always delicious. My favorite dish is the pan fried noodles. Yummm. Friendly service too!Special Features:
- Zadin has bee a local favoritesfrefugeeDined on 10/27/2012Zadin has bee a local favorite for years. You can acutally hear conversations there, when you are not chewing on their delightful offerings. Menu is limited so it's not an every week place, but great for occasional dining out.Special Features:
- Open Table failed to deliverOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/25/2012Open Table processed my reservation but on the night of the dinner the restaurant did not have ANY info on my reservation!!! We had to wait a half hour for the table!!!! I am less than enthused with Open Table...how could you have allowed this to happen? Must I SECOND GUESS YOUR SERVICE FOR NOW ON WHEN (if) I USE YOU AGAIN?Special Features:
- Wonderful in every respect-DraperDomeDined on 10/20/2012Wonderful in every respect- Lighting superb, and booths for 6!Special Features:
- So many gluten-free options!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2012So many gluten-free options! My brother-in-law wanted to come back again the next day.