614 W Olive Street
Newport, OR 97365Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://oregonbistro.com/
- Phone: 5412652929x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Friday-Monday 11am-2pm
Dinner: Thursday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday 4:00pm-9:30pm
Breakfast: Friday-Monday 8am-11am
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 11am-2pm
*Please note that Thursdays are theme nights and we offer a menu that differs from our normal menu. To view the current menu go to the dinner menu on our website.
- Payment Options: Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Zachary Wellman
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We are able to accommodate large groups for private dining in our main dining room. Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Zachary Wellman 5412652929x
- Entertainment: We have live Jazz music on select Sundays. Please call for schedule.
- Special Events: On Thursday nights we have themed Thursdays. Every month we offer a new theme and a different menu.
A word from Zach's Bistro
Located in a home built in 1919, Zach's Bistro has a warm and inviting atmosphere. 100 year old English pub tables add plenty of character to the dining room. Zach's Bistro sources as much as possible locally, with the amount of local product growing month by month and uses only wild caught fish. Zach's Bistro focuses on American cuisine that draws influence from all over Europe as well as other parts of North America. The wine list features over 40 Northwest bottles of wine. Wine is not the only diverse adult beverage as Zach's Bistro also has a varied craft beer selection from light and easy drinking to dark and full of character. When Chef Zach was in Colorado he got hooked on craft spirits. Zach's Bistro carries craft distilled spirits mainly from Oregon but a few from Europe and other US states as well.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Zach's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- Zach'sKatheDined on 1/4/2014Have had early dinner and two breakfasts at Zach's -- thoroughly enjoyed all my meals! Many varying selections covering all tastes. His scones and cinnamon rolls at breakfast are amazing! And such good coffee. This restaurant does not have an actual bar but his list of cocktails is extensive and impressive. And the view of the Pacific cannot be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelySSAPortlandDined on 1/1/2014A very nice addition to the Newport restaurant scene. We had a delicious water buffalo entrée that was cooked perfectly. The salads were less so. The service was terrific and very friendly. The restaurant has a nice location.Special Features:
- Interesting, unique, great serviceKHridesDined on 12/31/2013We enjoyed a New Year's Eve dinner at Zachs. What's interesting is the diversity of items on the menu. We enjoyed the buffalo tartar with a quail egg appetizer then the water buffalo entre was good and the cream brûlée quartet was a great finish. The wine was Barking Frog Barberra (2009). But the best was the service attention to detail that was hard to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant on Nye BeachAVclubDined on 12/22/2013We have been here twice. The first time was on a whim during our honeymoon. The second was requested by my husband for his birthday. Both meals were fantastic. He had steaks. The reduction was delicious and they were cooked to perfection. I had lamb shanks that were to die for during our first visit. The second time around was a portobello stuffed with awesome artichoke mixture and baked in puff pastry. The portions were perfect. The wine list is great for oenophiles. Simply perfect. Our server remembered us from our honeymoon and offered up complimentary lava cake. Outstanding all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Delicious, we came backCancelliDined on 12/15/2013We so enjoyed the food, the service and the feel of the place that we returned for dinner the second night. The fish was expertly prepared and paired with innovative green vegetables. The wine list offered great choices at bargain prices. The service was personable and friendly, yet professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCEPTIONALDandSDined on 12/15/2013We chose a day and time before usual patronage that provided quiet with full attention of our most helpful server who guided us through menu offerings (most of them) without wheat. The steaks were amazingly tender and perfectly cooked .S samples of the soups which were so delicious we had to have more. A small salad was added to my delight, and it was nothing like any other ever seen in a restaurant, with nice greens and delectable additions. The steaks came with sweet potato fries and whole thin green beans, both done to perfection. The desert offerings are many, most wheat free, and sumptuous. We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zach's, formerly Panache,GrtfoodVIPDined on 12/3/2013Zach's, formerly Panache, continues to move forward. Enjoyed the Tuesday Grill Night menu. $27 fixed price with plenty of choices - left full as usual! Zach - young chef doing a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant name had changedvandyVIPDined on 10/4/2013The restaurant name had changed to Jakes Bistro. The menu was a bit pub-like. The prices were definitely Panache! I was disappointed to see Panache had vacated.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Nye BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2013Zach has done a terrific job maintaining, even bettering, the Panache reputation. I have considerable food allergies to deal with and they were thoroughly accommodating and concerned. The food was absolutely delicious and the service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicePaulDined on 9/14/2013We had a larger party (13), and they accomodated us with excellent service. The food was great, with a wide variety of dishes to accomodate all of our party's preferences and needs.Special Features:
- Fine dining in NewportGrtfoodVIPDined on 9/4/2013This is a must do when in the Newport area. New owner & chef Zach is doing a fantastic job. Wine list now has a lot of great finds from Oregon. Desert is a must do here also. So many choices on the menu makes for some tough decisions - if only there was more room.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceluvgoodfoodDined on 9/3/2013We loved our experience at Panache. Food was well prepared - they grill the calamari, not deep fried - bonus! The server was friendly and informative. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone who appreciates fine food and fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our second year in a routecigarmikeeDined on 9/3/2013Our second year in a route for our anniversary. Excellent food and atmosphere. Great list of unusual bets for me as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Panache is a great Restaurant!CJDJdinersDined on 9/2/2013The Food here is wonderful and so beautifully displayed I thought it should rate right up there with all the great restaurants like The French Laundry, minus the stuffiness of such places. Panache has a new chef and the food is awesome and proportions are filling. The service was perfect and we can't wait to go back on our next trip to the Oregon coast. The restaurant has been around a long time but now the new owner and chef has brought into new heights. I suggest you bring the whole family and enjoy a great dinner at Panache!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden treasure!!TimsDined on 8/31/2013This ace was Great!!! We will be back and send everyone we know there! Food was top notch! Service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUS! My favorite on the coastMichaeleneDined on 8/28/2013Not only are the foods really innovative and delicious, Chef Zach's tasty menu is about 95% gluten free! It's a real gem of a find for anyone living the GF life. Finally you can go to a restaurant and instead of just 2 or 3 things to choose from, there's really only 2 or 3 things you couldn't have. One of which is pasta, and they offer a gluten free pasta instead. What a fantastic place, and a beautiful ocean view to boot! WONDERFUL!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was fresh and local.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2013It was great to see a restaurant on Opentable in that area. I wish there were more restaurants in that area.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2013We had a wonderful experience. The food was delicious, the wine was great and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2013I was expecting a lot more than what we experienced. Started off with a piece of bland bread, tasteless olive oil dip, and the bread was also rock hard on the outside. Then we ordered three appetizers.....short ribs, calamari, and a bacon wrapped peach. The short ribs were well over done, to the point where I bit into them and black char fell off the meat. The calamari was ok and I personally did really enjoy the bacon wrapped peach but my girlfriend did not. Our entrees came (blue cheese NY steak and Mignon) Both steaks were just fine, nothing to share with others. Probably will not be going back here again unless I know someone who has a different story.
- Food was not up to prices. $$$rashleyDined on 7/22/2013Food wasn't very good and the service was worse. I looked at other tables and no one seemed to be having a great time or commenting on the food. A lot was left on plates. In my case, they never checked back to see how I was doing and I was left with a meal I didn't eat which they still charged me for. The wine was awful and was told it came from a tap?? Waitstaff was not empowered to make simple decisions. Had to 'ask the chef' all questions including seating. No wonder the place had so few patrons.
- Good for lunchHillsboroMomVIPDined on 7/13/2013My daughter and I had a great lunch there. Clams, crab cake(all crab!) with mango salsa, crab and avocado omelette, and chocolate soufflé. All very well done.Special Features:
- Among the Best on the Central CoastMikeVIPDined on 7/10/2013With Newport being a major fishing hub one would expect good seafood and Panache did not disappoint. The clam chowder was excellent--creamy and not too dense with lots of clams; the halibut was perfect and the beef cooked to specification (the owner/chef is quite adamant about his customers not ordering overcooked dishes and we're better for it.) Desserts were inventive and very tasty without being too filling. Our server was very friendly and very competent. Our only disappointment stemmed from our visit coming at the end of the week when a number of fresh items were out of stock. All in all still a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/1/2013Nothing special... ordered five crispy salmon appetizers and only four on the plate (they changed the quantity but the owners were away so they had not changed the menu yet- no apology or anything to make up for it). Wife had the halibut and when they served it they advised that the risotto was now lemongrass flavor- again no apology. My spinach & artichoke stuffed portobello mushroom en croque was uneven temperature wise- and the 'stuffing' was mostly cheese. All in all the food was OK and the service passable. Many better choices on the coast...
- Relaxing Dinner SpotLincolnLocalDined on 5/24/2013Want to feel pampered after a long week? Try Panache for a quiet, pampering dinner where you are treated like a queen (or king). Food was excellent, choices for everyone's diet (the oysters were even sauteed with rice flour and at least one soup served was gluten free). Wine list had a favorite, Anne Amie Vineyards. Good choices for desserts as well. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We celebrated our anniversaryAnneDined on 4/6/2013We celebrated our anniversary here and found the restaurant the perfect place. Our food was excellent - oysters and halibut. The service was outstanding.Special Features:
- We had a very nice dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013We had a very nice dinner. Food was very good and chef very personable. Will definiately go back.Special Features:
- Wonderfully fresh seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2013Wonderfully fresh seafood well prepared and served. A first class dining experience.Special Features:
- Gem on the coast.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/7/2013In Panache we found a gem. We came from out of town looking for a special dinner. We found exactly what we were looking. From the decor to the service and especially the food Panache was our solution. I highly recommend the experience. Find your way there before the secret is out and difficult to find such a great opportunity.Special Features:
- Most of the food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Most of the food was good but the vegatable was nasty and the rice over sweet. It took forever for my wife to get her to go box and for them to bring the bill.Special Features:
- Warm ambience, great food & romantiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013I had heard of better from this restaurant and was very much looking forward to dining here. Overall I would say it was very good. I'm thinking we simply caught them on an off night. The staff was very pleasant and attentive but I think they were down a member which accounted for some delay. The dining room was charming, soothingly lit and spotless. One of our appetizers was overdone but not a big deal. Salads and the main course were beautifully prepped, plated and delicious. The wine list was reflective of local offerings and very reasonably priced. We ordered an Oregon Pinot and were so impressed by it we stopped at the winery on the way home to grab a few bottles! We look forward to a return visit! Bravo!Special Features:
- It was far overpriced forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013It was far overpriced for the atmosphere provided. The food was good, but not abundant. The atmosphere is strange. I don't understand the decorations or any such.
- We had a delightful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We had a delightful dinner for two on the evening of Valentine's Day. The food was well-prepared and delicious. The ambiance in the early 20th century home/restaurant was cozy and warm. The wait staff was attentive and courteous. We had a fine meal and a positive visit to this upscale gem in Newport, Oregon. Oh-- the dessert was a highlight, too.Special Features:
- We had a fabulous ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013We had a fabulous Valentines dinner at Panache. The food was exquisite, beautiful decor, friendly and knowledgeable staff. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- Newport Culinary GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013This place is truly a culinary Gem in Newport. The wait-staff is extremely helpful in explaining the menu choices and chosing the best wine for your meal. We recently came back from a two week trip through 9 stops in Italy, and the food at Panache rated just as high, (if not better) than any dining experience we had on vacation. We had lunch and dinner there. Both were exquisite! A Newport "must dine here" experience!Special Features:
- Relaxing gem hidden in plain sight!MiamazingDined on 2/10/2013Looks like a mostly ordinary beach house. Walk inside, the atmosphere is relaxing and quiet. Now order. Try something you haven't had before or an old favorite; you'll be in for a treat! A little expensive but you'll feel as though you've been well treated and certainly feed with class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience, thoughvandyVIPDined on 2/5/2013Wonderful experience, though the room was overly hot for me.Special Features:
- new - chef - new menu - new attitudOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/7/2013This is a spectacular place - Zachary is a phenomenal chef and so very creative. We had dimmer the first time and lunch this time - totally 8 people and everyone loved their meal. I am working with the chef to bring a ladies group in February.Special Features:
- Food was beautiful and tasty.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/6/2013Food was beautiful and tasty. Service was great. We will go back.Special Features:
- Well worth a stopzonzonDined on 1/1/2013Very comfortable cozy place with a blazing fireplace. Top dish that night was a linguini with alfredo or a wine sauce and additional choices including wild seafood. The dessert sampler with three different brulees and a marionberry ice cream was terrific as was the substantial chocolate cheesecake.Special Features:
- We enjoyed Panache so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012We enjoyed Panache so much on New Year's that we returned the next evening.Special Features: