Z Taverna Grill & Wine Bar
5000 Beltline Ste 300
Addison, TX 75254Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Z Taverna Grill & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ztaverna.com/
- Phone: 9722331199x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Z Taverna Grill & Wine Bar
We are a Taverna grill with American, Asian and Spanish influences using local and natural ingredients that serves signature cocktails and a variety of great wines. We are proud that we are a scratch kitchen that only believes in quality and sustainability.Continued
Z Taverna Grill & Wine Bar believes in bringing you local and natural foods.
Z Taverna Grill & Wine Bar believes in bringing you local and natural foods.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Z Taverna Grill & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Yummy lunch for a birthdaySitch58Dined on 5/30/2014The salmon salad was fresh and delicious and very filling. Everyone enjoyed their food. Loved the mango iced tea and the two desserts (Carrot cake - moist and contrasted with the perfect not -too-sickly-sweet icing and cookie sundae - total indulgence and a must for chocolate lovers!) we shared between the 4 of us was enough to taste without feeling we had over indulged. All enjoyed in the outdoor dining area on a sunny day, which was open and shaded so the cool breeze kept the temperature down. What a wonderful mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/24/2014This was my first time eating here and I was very impressed. The ingredients are fresh and local from Addison. I had the short ribs and they were so tender that it seemed as if the meat just melted in my mouth. We went on what they called "Date Night" so we received a free bottle of wine with the purchase of two entrees. AWESOME!!! Bertha, our server, was amazing! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemippolitoDined on 5/18/2014Z Taverna Grill and Bar has some of the best food in Adisson and the sourounding area. It is fresh, unique and soul-satisfying. The staffis personable. The atmosphere relaxed and intimate.Special Features:
- Amazing brunch!NatNat75Dined on 4/20/2014My family and I went here for Easter Brunch and it was amazing! I had the Spanish Frittata and my father had the Short Rib Hash, both were fantastic. The service was amazing and the owner came to the table himself to say hello and gave us a pancake to try, another amazing dish! They apparently just began brunch service but I hope they continue it, it was all-around fantastic.Special Features:
- Disappointed!AnonymousDined on 3/22/2014Menu had very few options for food. Also, IMO was too pricey for that location! No wonder there were so few people dining there. Having said that, the Chicken Souvlaki I ordered was pretty tasty. I wish the waiter was a little bit nicer and brought Tzatziki sauce when we asked for it. His answer was, "It does not come with that dish". When you are charging $20 for a Chicken Souvlaki, it wouldn't hurt to bring a tiny bit of Tzatziki sauce on the side, for free, when the customer asks for it.Special Features:
- Unexpected treatJestersncouttDined on 3/21/2014Visited this restaurant while looking for a good place with patio dining. The patio is more closed in but still is nice for dining outdoors. The food was great as well. I had the lamb meatloaf which was quite flavorful with a large serving. Would recommend this place without hesitation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMrMajesticDined on 3/1/2014Great service, good reasonably priced wine list, but the food was rather disappointing: an absurdly overpriced platter of cold cuts and cheeses featured cheeses available at Kroger (Gouda, seriously?) and three kinds of salami (better selection as Whole Foods). The crab cakes we ordered were overcooked, while the lamb meatloaf was obviously reheated (and overcooked in the process). The polenta that came with the lamb was also reheated and dried out, more like cous-cous than proper polenta. The coffee was great and the service was outstanding, but the place was half-empty. This little restaurant could do a lot better, it has great decor and an excellent location, but the kitchen was clearly on an off day when we visited.
- Disappointed in GreeceHungryNFriscoVIPDined on 2/25/2014We were sad to see the menu change without keeping their classic lamb gyro on there. The two small tacos were a disappointing substitute for us. The service was good, but I gave it a fair, bc they didn't alert us about the $1.50 charge on my requested two points of pita bread to accompany my bowl of soup. We love Ziziki's so much, but unfortunately, the Taverna is off our list.
- Exceeded ExpectationsBunnyKnowzVIPDined on 2/22/2014I chose this restaurant out of the multitude of others based only on the fact they were "gluten-friendly" on their website. I'm so glad I did for many more reasons! The restaurant is very beautiful inside. It's dimly lit and decorated in an "upscale but rustic" tavern theme. There are small, intimate tables for two and large tables that could seat 20. The menu is concise without being boring. The chefs obviously know how to prep and prepare each ingredient. Fresh produce and expertly grilled meats, are what I experienced, not to mention the best gluten-free dessert I have ever tasted (butterscotch pot de crême). Service was attentive as well. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be a favorite, never againDrFashionDined on 2/21/2014The menu has changed and not for the better. We had loved this restaurant and it's food. Now the food is just okay and the portions are tiny. The prices have gone up a lot too. We will not be going back.
- Strip mall version of a classicRogueSwompyDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I have dined at several Ziziki's locations and enjoyed the experience so we decided to try this location in Addison for Valentine's Day. While the food was the same good quality found at most locations, and the server was very attentive, the ambiance was severely lacking. This location's long and thin floorplan made it feel cramped and we couldn't help overhearing our neighbor's conversations. The bright lighting was also wholly unflattering. Perhaps this would make for a good casual lunch venue but it doesn't hold a candle to the superb location on Knox and Travis for a romantic destination.Special Features:
- We had a great meal. Our serverHungrygrlDined on 2/10/2014We had a great meal. Our server was very attentive, and got us drinks and appetizers quickly, alerting us that we only had a few more minutes before the happy hour specials ended. We had delicious dips, and equally good main courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Addisonshuggy66Dined on 1/25/2014As an anniversary surprise, my husband booked a reservation at this delightful Taverna. We found ourselves hungry an hour prior to our reservation. They kindly let us come in early, during happy hour, with half priced mezzas and $2 off beers and some mixed drinks. The mezzas are delicious! l loved the artichoke hummus. The pitas are warm and tasty. The Zizikis Traditional is the most wonderful mixed drink I've encountered. The dinner menu is not large but there are some great choices. My husband had the ribeye, which he enjoyed. I had the chicken, which was a huge serving and well spiced. However, it was dry. The mashed potatoes were okay. Good but not great. Definitely will return to try their other dishes. Highly recommend this location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GreekMAMA15VIPDined on 1/24/2014Friday lunch is my favorite time to eat here- plate of three hummus flavors and warm pita with a glass of wine - perfection! Salads are great, flatbreads are inventive. Busy place for lunch - although nearly always space at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotFredericoDined on 1/18/2014We had a wonderful time. The food was excellent and the wine superb. A definite keeper.Special Features:
- Food was very good, our servertoniVIPDined on 12/31/2013Food was very good, our server was excellent, very attentive. Lots of noise from the kitchen, loud voices, shouting to communicate. We adjusted but it will be a factor since while the food was excellent there are other restaurants in the area that offer a more pleasing ambiance for dining.
- Great little find...ozzy1Dined on 12/28/2013Ziziki's is easy to miss if you have never seen it before. We were a little hesitant since we had not heard anything about it, but decided we would chalk it up to a "dining adventure" regardless of the outcome. We were pleasantly surprised to say the least. We had a party of 6. The service was wonderful, but not intrusive. The hummus was the best we'd had. We decided to order entrees and share them and every dish was wonderful. I am not an easy reviewer, but cannot say enough good things about the food and service. If you decide to try it, don't get deterred by Ziziki's small size or seeming lack of atmosphere. Once you sit down for your meal, you'll forget all about that. Bon Appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service and nice attentivegenggriffDined on 11/26/2013Good service and nice attentive staff. Food is OK nothing extra ordinary.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good take on GreekJonInDallasDined on 11/19/2013The food was very good - certainly Greek is the undercurrent, but it also has some liberties taken with it that are quite appropriate and perfect if your group includes people who do not need / want the full Greek experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Lunch!Sweetart4jcDined on 10/19/2013My father came in from Lubbock to celebrate his and my birthday with his family. It was my pick for food, and Greek food is my favorite; none of them had tried Greek food before. I just knew they would love it, and they did! The server was very kind, helpful and energetic to our party regardless of the 7 adults and 3 infants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT. GREEK FOOD WITHOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2013EXCELLENT. GREEK FOOD WITH A MODERN FLAIR. ALMOST WENT AGAIN THE NEXT NIGHT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeJillDined on 8/30/2013Overall very good but for a Mediterranean place I expect great hummus. It was listed under chickpeas and very dry. I was very disappointed. The rest of the menu was diverse and our entres were good. The ambiance needed a little work. It was very bright for 8 pm on a Friday night. The decor is wonderful and interesting. The table placement is actually the only thing that might keep me from going back. You are mear inches from the other tables on both sides! We could hear every word from the other tables which was not fun or romantic for date night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall FabulousdallasLSDined on 8/17/2013The food, the atmosphere, the service, all was top notch! This is a great place for anyone to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outpost of Dallas MainstayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/29/2013Ziziki's has become a familiar friend to Dallas diners. i once had an office above their Travis Walk location, so i was a frequent visitor. Taverna is a a different take on the theme. There is a good selection of delicious food and a wide price point ,so one can create the experience they wish. our server Bertha ,was very knowledgeable about the food, and was able to inform us in detail; as to ingredients. The artichoke starter is delicious, savory and creamy, and the lamb dishes were tender and flacorful. The Bar makes a great lemon martini. We will return to this little gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Working LunchmangiamaniacDined on 5/29/2013The table was ready for us at the designated time of arrival. Even though our party was 2 less than the reservation, it was not an issue for Ziziki's Taverna. Being a smaller version of Ziziki's on Preston and Forest Lane, the menu is more limited but the food quality is primo.Special Features:
- Never disappointedTroyVIPDined on 5/7/2013This was my first visit to this Ziziki's location, and the food was as marvelous as expected. Enjoyed a delicious lunch on the patio. Service was very nice; not too intrusive for this business lunch. Will definitely plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2013Nice place to sum it up. The servers are very cordial and helpful in terms of helping understand the menu. We had the lamb pita bread and then the grilled lamb chops. The lambs chops were perfect medium rare. Soft & succulent! Definitely recommended. However, i would say it is tad pricey for the offerings.Special Features:
- The food was very good.TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013The food was very good.The service does require improvement.We first sat for 15 minutes without service. The manager came and asked if we were taken care of and obviously we were not. Once a server was assigned to our table we did receive service.When the food was brought to the table we were rushed.The bus boy was at our table two times to clear our plates, while were were still eating our dinner.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening! ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Wonderful evening! Service was great, ambiance was very pleasant, almost European in atmosphere, and food was very good! Will definitely go back!!Special Features:
- Had made a reservation severalMojoJojoDined on 2/14/2013Had made a reservation several weeks in advance for Valentines day, from the description on their web site "Ziziki's Taverna will feature ... along with romantic booth seating." so I was expecting a more intimate dining experience. The tables where we were seated were small, tight and very close together. Since it was very busy on Valentines, was difficult to even hold a conversation. The food was good. I would have liked to have seen lots more unique tappas offerings. There were only a few. Food was tasty and well prepared. Baklava was very, very good.
- Always enjoy this place. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/13/2013Always enjoy this place. Food is tasty. The Greek wine is good. And love the olives.
- This was not my first timeLara1370Dined on 2/9/2013This was not my first time at Ziziki's and it will certainly will not be the last because I have had better experiences at this restaurant, but I must say that the waiting staff left much to be desired. We ordered a bottle of wine and she proceeded to pour almost the entire bottle among the 4 glasses as soon as she opened it. The staff continuously tried to take our plates away while we were still eating! Not even asking but grabbing the plates from the table. It was most disappointing.
- Great Greek! Next time weLauraDined on 2/2/2013Great Greek! Next time we will plan to enjoy the array of appetizers more thoroughly. Everything was good!Special Features:
- Very enjoyable spot. We wentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013Very enjoyable spot. We went at an off time but the food was great and the service fine.Special Features:
- Excellent all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2013Thoroughly enjoyed the food and ambiance. My group and my wife had a great dinner, with excellent service.Special Features:
- We have been to Ziziki's manyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013We have been to Ziziki's many times and we love it. However, they seemed to be very overwhelmed this time and the service was not great.Special Features:
- Great Greek food, prices areOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013Great Greek food, prices are reasonable. Suggestion: Greek music in the background as you dine.Special Features:
- Overall a good Greek foodChristineVIPDined on 1/11/2013Overall a good Greek food if you have the urge. Otherwise, it is a bit overpriced unless you go during lunch. They serve the same portion and same menu during lunch and dinner but dinner prices are $3-$5 more.
- Perfect New Year's Eve DinnerKerryVIPDined on 12/31/2012Ziziki's was the perfect New Year's Eve spot. The menu was perfect and appropriately priced. Dinner was delicious. The wait staff made our evening very enjoyable. Our service was attentive without being intrusive. The waiter knew the menu well and made fabulous recommendations. Our courses were leisurely and comfortably timed. We didn't feel rushed. It was obvious our waiter was all about providing an excellent dining experience. THANK YOU. We might just have to make Ziziki's our New Year's tradition.Special Features:
- The food was great. Our serverCarefulConsumerDined on 12/18/2012The food was great. Our server was very friendly, although a bit too quick to try and take our plates away. The Artichoke hummus was amazingly delicious.