104 2nd St. South
Saint Petersburg, FL 33701Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zgrille.net/
- Phone: (727) 822-9600
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH: 11:30 to 3:00 Monday through Saturday
DINNER: 5:00 to 10:00 Monday through Saturday (till 11:00 on Friday night)
BRUNCH: 11:00 to 3:00 Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Zack Gross
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch
A word from Z Grille
James Beard nominated Chef/Owner Zack Gross has been serving his unique and acclaimed cuisine in Downtown St. Petersburg since 2005. We receive fresh local fish and specialties several times per week for quality and freshness, and make all of our sauces and sides from scratch each day.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Z Grille - Best Restaurants in St. Petersburg ›
Z Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (54)neighborhood gem (31)hot spot (27)great for outdoor dining (17)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (14)great for lunch (10)special occasion (10)great for brunch (9)late-night find (7)romantic (7)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2014Food was phenomenal! I went for brunch but am going back for dinner soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decandent truffle friesGreenieDined on 11/11/2014first time to eat there... very good.. looking forward to trying many more of their selections. The foi gras burger was excellent and the truffle fries were decadentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining Experience !strick33702Dined on 11/8/2014We had not been to Z Grille for sometime and were very impressed. The food was outstanding and a nice wine selection as well. Service was top notch ! Prices were right on for the large portions we were served. We will definitley be headed back there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The recommendationsSTampanightoutVIPDined on 11/7/2014You read them in all the reviews- follow what you read, the food is AMAZING. DR. Pepper Ribs! Deviled Eggs, Chicken Waffles--- outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parents night outMomgets2eatDined on 11/7/2014My husband and I tried Z Grille for the first time to celebrate his birthday. The hostess was very pleasant and welcoming, our server was vey assertive and knowledgable and our food was excellent! We started with the Dr. Pepper Ribs appetizer, for our main courses we had a 1lb steak and the maple duck breast. We finished our dinner up with Abuelitas Chocolate Creme Brûlée and the Espresso Cheesecake. We enjoyed everything we ate and will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best deviled eggs!FoodieSueDined on 10/29/2014A must have - always different. Love artisan grilled cheese and tomato/brie soup!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic, as alwaysThreeSticksDined on 10/25/2014Food is amazing and inventive. Great use of innovations on "home cooking" like fried chicken, ribs and deviled eggs. Staff is always attentive and expert, decor is fun. A favorite for family and business. Special happy hour deals and half priced wines on select days make it a great value for the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What took us so long to come here?SpencerVIPDined on 10/24/2014We moved to Tampa 3 years ago and we made a list of restaurants to try; Z Grille made the list. However, we only made it there recently. Without question, this is DEFINITELY one of my favorite places in the bay area. The deviled eggs are a MUST have and they change daily. I ordered the fish special which was a grouper served with a bacon roasted sweet potato grits; just typing that made my mouth water! It was phenomenal! My partner ordered the Dr Pepper ribs; WOW were they delicious!! They were so juicy and tender and the meat fell right off the bones. The sauce was tremendous. Our server was incredible; she was so helpful and so much fun! We will definitely return and bring friends and visitors with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyRjSTPeteVIPDined on 10/22/2014Very tasty, service was great, get the dr. Pepper ribsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy - Great FoodmkarpielDined on 10/17/2014The décor is very modern with an industrial look in bar/kitchen area and a beautiful glass mural in the main dining area. The rib appetizer is great and so are the 3 flavors of deviled eggs. The service was excellent and the food excellent as well. Overall a great choice and it was 2 blocks from our hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014We had the Korean fried rib appetizer and I had the burger as my entree. Everything was delicious and the service was great. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Bare and coldStickDined on 10/11/2014No intelligent thought was expended in decorating this place. Food is average with a strong attempt at southern cooking, but theme gets confused by trying to please the mainstream.
- Always top notchBruceTampaVIPDined on 9/28/2014I can never get enough of Z Grille. The food always amazes me, as does the staff. Happy people make happy customers. This was my first time for Brunch (something that never really fit my timeframe). I'm so glad out of town friends were staying in St Pete and gave me a reason to drive over from STampa, on a Sunday afternoon.Special Features:
- Great all aroundLambiePieVIPDined on 9/27/2014This was our first time here. We arrived early and were seated right away with a nice table by the window. We shared the seafood nachos app - delish. By BF had the Dr. Pepper Ribs, and said they were the best he'd ever had. I had the pork enchilada - also delish. Wine bottles were half price before 6:30, which was a nice surprise. Good service. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end HambergersKenBVIPDined on 9/23/2014Service was top notch. Friendly and professional. It was a Tuesday night. Had a top shelf Hendricks martini. Special pulled pork berger, wtf fries and chocalote cheesecake. A fabulous experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit the spot!foodiewithabootyDined on 9/22/2014Wow! Z Grille was amazing, the bartender was excellent and the staff was very attentive. I made a reservation online, but ended up eating at the bar by my own choice. The menu was mouth-watering and it did not disappoint. I had read some negative reviews that the portions were small for the price, but I had so.much.food. I could hardly see my boyfriend behind the mountain of ribs on his plate. I can't wait to go back and I am SO anxious to try Z Grille's Brunch menu!Special Features:
- Order to goOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 9/21/2014Food is great, I mean really really good. Unfortunately, atmosphere (tables and chairs seem randomly spread out and make it feel messy and cluttered) and service are awful. If I could do it again, I'd order my food to go.Special Features:
- Tasty, Unique SelectionF00dieDined on 9/21/2014Dr Pepper BBQ Ribs and WTF fries were outstanding!Special Features:
- pleasedmeleeDined on 9/17/2014came here for an anniversary dinner. great ambiance, casual but gourmet. A bit pricey, the hamburger is $30 will all the add-ons. The apps were more outstanding than the entrees. Seafood nachos were a win!Special Features:
- Nice findjfkbikeVIPDined on 9/14/2014We had a good brunch. A lot of different flavors with each dish. Good Bloody Mary's and diverse menuSpecial Features:
- DisapointedcatheVIPDined on 9/13/2014After reading the reviews, I had high expectations for this place. It was very noisy, despite not being that busy. The menu is pretty short and I settled on the duck, which turned out to be unavailable. I then ordered the gnocchi with shrimp and scallops. The dish was good, but very spicy and the menu hadn't mentioned anything about the fact that it was spicy. The wine list was also very limited and the prices pretty steep.Special Features:
- Flavor BombMasmanDined on 9/13/2014Zgrille is an upbeat restaurant which prepares interesting combinations of ingredients, perfectly cooked, with tons of flavor that does not takes itself too seriously. Need I say more?!?Special Features:
- ZInterestingsail55Dined on 9/12/2014First time at restaurant, great use of spices in appetizers and entrees, liked the tables at back wall where you sat next to each other and had a view of the whole restaurant and street scene...we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't Have Been More Perfect!YummyFloridaDined on 9/9/2014Found Z Grille via internet reviews. It sounded good, nice photos indicated a well-designed, yet casual interior. The website was impressive. Everything indicated this was a first-rate restaurant. Z Grille exceeded all expectations. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. The cheese and meat appetizer was fantatic. Service was supurb and our server was knowledgeable, attentive, and kind. Worth every penny and will gladly dine there again anytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceAnnahDined on 9/6/2014The food was absolutely delicious a and our server was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED ITBrookenBeltDined on 8/29/2014Z Grille is an awesome spot. Service was incredible and the food was even better. Everything was perfect. Would definitely recommend and go back in a heart beat.Special Features:
- Chicken and wafflesEsb1Dined on 8/28/2014The chicken and waffles are delicious. Half off bottles of wine for early diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food A+! Noise level D!drnycDined on 8/23/2014Exceptional food choices, creatively presented, good service. But... I couldn't hear anything my dinner companion was saying across a small table for two. Just terrible noise level and awful acoustics! Too bad...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE IT!springrollDined on 8/16/2014ZGille has the best Chicken & Waffles! I've tried this foodie trend at several places but ZGrille nailed it! Also the Dr. Pepper ribs were a huge hit at our table... and the WTF friend lived up to their name!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DELICIOUSLOVEURFOODDined on 8/16/2014This food was beyond great. It was mouth watering. I tried the foie grass steak burger and the deviled eggs. I was foaming at the mouth after one bite. I would come back again and again.Special Features:
- Z-liciousKofVADined on 8/15/2014We are from out of state. I Read reviews prior to going for dinner on a Friday. All waitstaff were friendly and pleasant. Ours, Tommy, was very patient and informative and made the perfect recommendations for meal and wine. Interesting decor, fabulous food. We highly recommend Z grille and will return our next trip in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If only I could eat moreMattDined on 8/15/2014We came based on the many good reviews and tried some of the dishes they are known for such as the fried dr. pepper ribs and deviled eggs. We were not disappointed. Will return when we can.Special Features:
- Never a dissapointment.BruceTampaVIPDined on 8/13/2014Z Grille consistently delivers great food and a great overall dining experience.Special Features:
- Z-GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Z-Grille is our favorite in St. Pete. We never leave hungry and the food is perfect every time. Whenever we're tempted to try a new spot we're usually disappointed and say we should've just gone to Z-Grille instead!Special Features:
- Fun Menu, Great Food, Too NoisyAustinWriterGirlDined on 8/8/2014I've reviewed this restaurant before, and said the same thing. The menu is wonderfully creative. The food is very well prepared. The dining area is too noisy. Both times we have been there, however, the hostess sat us at tables in the bar area at our request. We had guests who are hard of hearing, so that was very helpful. Two of us ordered the spicy scallops, delicious and spicy with cayenne. One ordered the duck and thought it wasn't crispy enough. The other ordered the Korean BBQ and thought it was very good. A must: the deviled eggs and Dr. Pepper ribs for appetizers. Overall, this is a fun spot, targeting young people. But we older folks are also coming for the great food. Hope the restaurant will tweak the dining room to reduce noise.Special Features:
- great restaurantyummyinmytummyDined on 8/8/2014Menu was awesome, had a hard time choosing in a good way. We had D's deviled eggs, chicken & waffles, and Korean bbq pork. Everything was outstanding, will return to try other things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealBArbbellDined on 8/8/2014Wonderful meal. Server was spot on. Will def look forward to going back soon.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceWinendineDined on 8/6/2014My date and I were greeted promptly and seated. The hostess was our server, she was prompt and friendly. The wine list offers a good selection and the food is good. The scallops were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/4/2014We sat at a table on the bar side. Service and food was great we will be back.Special Features:
- ZGrilllinesiderDined on 8/2/2014Our meal completely satisfied a couple of real foodies. The fried ribs were crisp and super flavorful but not dry (a real worry most of the time), the deviled egg variety was a tasty surprise, and the brussels sprouts were a low-carb dream come true (I had 3 apps rather than a single meal). My friend had the foie gras burger and said it was one of the best burgers he had ever consumed, and he has had his share of great burgers. The atmosphere was a bit modern for my taste initially, but I quickly settled in and enjoyed what seemed like a high-end, gourmet diner experience (we sat at the bar where service was great). Highly recommend this place to anyone with a discriminating palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.