Z food & drink
860 Elm Street
Manchester, NH 03101Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Z food & drink
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.zfoodanddrink.com/
- Phone: 6036299383
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef/owner Tom Puskarich
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar
- Catering: Inventive food, a passion for excellence and a commitment to impeccable service is the cornerstone of Z food & drink catering. Z food & drink has the capability to cater a wide variety of events including weddings and rehearsal dinners, fundraisers, client events and open houses, birthdays and anniversaries, and holiday gatherings and private dinners. Our offerings are tailored to fit your individual needs, exceed your expectations and provide you and your guests with the memorable experience you want when you hire a caterer.
A word from Z food & drink
Downtown Manchester's destination for dining, drinks and fun. Z food & drink serves classic dishes, newly inspired by local, seasonal ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Z food & drink reviews from OpenTable diners
- Highly recommend Z! FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2012Highly recommend Z! Fantastic experience; food was exceptional and service was great!!!Special Features:
- The food and presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012The food and presentation are exquisite, the ambiance is quite pleasant, friendly and professional staffSpecial Features:
- Would Recommend !OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2012We had a very enjoyable night for Valentine's Day at Z's. I had the Chopped Sirloin dish and my wife had the Sirloin, both were very good ! Tried the Asian Nacho Appy - VERY tasty ! The coffee press was a nice touch and the Red Velvet Cupcake was to die for - Very Light cream cheese frosting.Special Features:
- I made a reservation a weekKristaDined on 2/14/2012I made a reservation a week before and got probably the worst table in the place, right in front of the door.Drinks were great. Nothing that great sounding on the menu and the checken dish was just ok . The veal special was small and just Ok also.The prices on the entrees were high. we used to love Z's but not impressed anymore.
- Bad Service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2012The service was really bad. We had to wait for everything. Our waiter never even came back to check on us once food was delivered nor did he clear the table. A different waiter actually cleared the table and told our waiter that we were ready to leave after our credit card had been sitting on the table for 15 minutes. We never even saw the bill before he took our card. We won't be back for dinner.
- Valentine's Day Done VibrentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012This restaurant is really very cozy and has a great atmosphere!!!Special Features:
- good food, great service -Charlie14Dined on 2/14/2012good food, great service - nice to have the music. It is a pricy night out, but i guess that is an element of fine dining. . .from past experiences, I can say they are not "friendly" to walk-ins however, which is surprising in this economy- that said, its definately a plan ahead spot and I will be going there again.Special Features:
- Menu did not pop out at me,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2012Menu did not pop out at me, food was prepared well and tasted fine. Wine recommended was ok. Wait service was inexperienced but friendly.
- Pleasantly surprised to findOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/10/2012Pleasantly surprised to find Z Food and Drink. Nice selection of interestingly prepared dishes. Atmosphere was great, and not crowded. We'll definitely be back for drinks or dinner.Special Features:
- Always one of our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2012Always one of our favorite spots for our office to celebrate birthdays or special occasions. The food is wonderful and unique and they always treat us like gold.Special Features:
- Out of the ordinary and veryDennisDined on 2/3/2012Out of the ordinary and very enjoyable An inspiring way to explore a variety of new flavors The staff was very friendly and the wait time was not at all longSpecial Features:
- We celebrated my boyfriend'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/3/2012We celebrated my boyfriend's birthday at Z's and had a wonderful evening. The Taco and Tapas menu lured the foodies in us to Z's but the great service will have us returning again. We wanted to try a bit of everything and our waitress was happy to take multiple orders until we were finally full. The duck tacos and beef tartars sliders were fantastic. The wine list was extensive and reasonably priced. We were too full for dessert but I mentioned it was his birthday and they brought out the most delicious cupcake - we found a little room.Special Features:
- The food was delicious. VeryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/28/2012The food was delicious. Very impressive. The service, however, was not. Our waiter was very nice with a great personality but was scattered, forgetful and very slow! It took forever to even get water on the table. Overall we enjoyed the evening (we weren't in any rush!) and the food was so incredible that the long wait was worth it. I would recommend Z. Maybe the waiter just had a bad night!Special Features:
- the service was good, theyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2012the service was good, they forgot the bacon in my sandwich - turkey - although I did not say anything - so I own that..........
- Stylish but relaxedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2012The decor is hip. The food is surprisingly good in spite of the moderate prices. The staff are well versed in the details of good service. A great place to go with friends to have good conversation over a great casual meal.Special Features:
- We went here because the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/7/2012We went here because the restaurant we had intended to go to had a long wait and this was one of only three restaurants in Manchester on Open Table. For having gone in blind, this worked really well. A little pricey for NH, but its on par for Boston. The food was quite good. The only downside was that our waitress seemed to be having a bad night and kept forgetting about us. Nevertheless, I'd go back.Special Features:
- We were frequenters of Z 18FrequentDinerDined on 1/6/2012We were frequenters of Z 18 months ago when the facility was half the size that it is now and before they made substantial menu changes. My wife and I loved the food back then but both agreed that, at the time, there were only one or two items that drew us to the establishment and so we became tired of eating the same food. Now with the addition of Tacos & Tapas to the menu the options are abundant and delicious. While I'll never stop ordering Asian Nachos as my appetizer...the availability of half portions (like their incredible Lobster Risoto), discounted NY Strip for two and now their interesting array of Nachos & Tapas the options are abundant. As result of our recent dinner there, Z is back on our restaurants to go to frequently listSpecial Features:
- It was every bit as good ifdannDined on 1/5/2012It was every bit as good if not better than the last few times that I have dined thereSpecial Features:
- The food was good but overallOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011The food was good but overall pricey for the portions. Also, they had tinker toys and popcorn at the tables, when I am bringing a date to enjoy a thirty-two dollar steak, I would expect bread and a higher level of sophistication and class.
- SherylSherylDined on 12/31/2011Great food and atmosphere, however main course was rather small for the $. I had scallops and they were very tasty but there were only 2 on the smaller side for $18 dollars. I left feeling unsatisfied. The appetizer were really good and thankfully had filled me up somewhat so I didn't leave hungry. Great wine list and live music was a plusSpecial Features:
- The food was very memorable.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/17/2011The food was very memorable. I will hold on to those memories for some time. It was absolutely delicious. The waiter was very attentive and pleasant. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- We were a group of 14. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/16/2011We were a group of 14. The restaurant had two waiters to take care of us. One waiter was much more attentive to the typical needs when dining out. They didn't have enough menus for us which was a bit frustrating. They had run out of the Chopped sirloin and the creme brûlée which were both items our group was interested in. One of the cupcakes that we ordered had frosting that tasted like Aqua Fresh. Not one of our best experiences out for our annual Christmas Dinner. May go back to give it a second try but not as a large group.
- Great Restaurant in NH!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/15/2011Great service, the food had an amazing presentation and tasted even better. Plus they followed thru with a cup cake request of mine. We definitely recommend! Restaurant like the Z food& drink doesn't exist in Manchester, NH.Special Features:
- Hate to say it but I was underwhelmOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/3/2011Hate to say it but I was underwhelmed. I like Z's ambience/decor, wine liat, drinks and appetizers but both entrees were average (again). The flavors seemed to compete too much and I wished the food was a little simpler as each dish seems to try too hard. Ingredients are fresh and quality is good so it is disappointing. Service this time was spotty at best - I like long dinners but was left for too long between appetizer and main course. I will still be going to Z but will likely sit at the bar for the drinks, appetizers and ambienceSpecial Features:
- Z is for the zenithOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2011Third time dinning at Z and like the other times food was great and up to my previous expectations. Price point is good and fair. Braised chicken and lobster risotto was fantastic.Special Features:
- Went with friends and wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2011Went with friends and were treated to a great host. Slight mix up on the server but that was well handled. The ahi tuna taco was amazing! Every entree was very well prepared. I asked to be surprised and was happily given Mahimahi with grilled shrimp and rice. Hum. The wine recommendation was spot on and I wish I had taken notes on the cider drink. Only a couple problems ...I wish there had been two tacos and the mahimahi was a bit overcooked on the bottom. Great music and atmosphere. Will be back.
- We simply loved Z Food andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/12/2011We simply loved Z Food and Drink. Very different menu items, creatively prepared, something for everyone. Just a fun place to go. Wonderful atmosphere, very attentive staff, just a pleassure!Special Features:
- A great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2011A great dining experience and wonderful atmosphere. The staff could not have been more accommodating or friendlier! The only disappointment was that the online menu differed from the actual menu. I was expecting to have a nice filet mignon after seeing the online menu, but the actual menu did not have it.Special Features:
- Z is probably one of my mostOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2011Z is probably one of my most favorite spots! The food is so different and delicious from what "regular" restaraunts offer. The Tapas were my favorite, but the dinners, such as duck & lobster are amazing. I would highly recommend this for a date night or fun girls night out :)Special Features:
- We have been to Z on numerousOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/5/2011We have been to Z on numerous occasions for our networking group but have never enjoyed a meal there until Saturday evening. We were greeted with smiles and enthusiasm by the owner Tom who also came by the tables during the evening to make sure that everything was going well. As a vegetarian I was excited to see a vegetarian special on the menu where the chef will prepare something special including whatever you like and excluding what you don't. I had a wild rice dish with tofu and vegetables and it was fantastic. The service was a bit slow but I will attribute that to the fact that it was the waitresses first night. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Service was terrific and menuJimearlyDined on 11/4/2011Service was terrific and menu creative. Well do this againSpecial Features:
- Wow, what a great place. ThefoodstuffDined on 11/4/2011Wow, what a great place. The menu was unique and intriguing, and the food was amazing. I had the pumpkin crepe, which was a little heavier than I wanted, and the braised chicken which was absolutely delicious. Ended our meal with their cupcakes and some chai tea... perfect perfect perfect.Special Features: