Z Cucina di spirito
1368 Grandview Avenue
Columbus, OH 43212Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Z Cucina di spirito
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zcucina.com/
- Phone: 6144869200x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jamie George
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Z Cucina runs a daily catering operation to business's throughout the Columbus Metropolitan area. We are equally adept at catering weddings, special events or "formal" affairs. Z Cucina's catering staff can create a special menu just for you & your guests. Arrangements can also be made to provide chaffing dishes, cutlery, linens, tables & chairs as well as staff. Check out our website for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Z Cucina offers two areas for private dining Monday through Thursday. The first is an elegant semi-private space accommodating 10 to 16 guests while the second option is a temperature controlled patio setting suitable for 20 to 45 guests. Larger groups seeking private functions can be accommodated for lunch or on Sundays.
- Private Party Contact: Rick Ziliak 6144869200
A word from Z Cucina di spirito
Opening in the Fall of 2005, Z Cucina topped the list of new restaurants according to Columbus Monthly Magazine. Described as "unobtrusively chic", Z Cucina is a blend of traditional & modern Italian cuisine that also moves with ease into the realm of Mediterranean flavors. With an International Wine List married to the chef's cuisine, Z Cucina offers the rare experience of distinctive dining in a neighborhood setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Z Cucina di spirito - Best Restaurants in Grandview Heights ›
Z Cucina di spirito reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (74)fit for foodies (57)special occasion (50)great for outdoor dining (44)romantic (38)notable wine list (23)good for groups (18)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Great for the family or date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Great spot and great ambiance, very good italian food. The service was very friendly and the food came out quickly. Bread was great and the menu had many great looking options. Nice and quiet and dinner was not unreasonable for a fine dining place. Their homemade pasta is excellent and they take pride in what they do.Special Features:
- Very good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/25/2014Great find. Food inventive. Service attentive. Pumpkin appetizer is a must. Crafted Manhattan hit the spot. Came here from Cuncinnati. Worth a repeat visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodFoodieDined on 10/24/2014Z Cucina consistently serves fabulous food. The ingredients are fresh and interesting. The staff and owner are helpful and attentive. It is always a good experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick & deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014Erin was superb. Food was delectable (delec—table?) and the selections were very good. The butternut squash ravioli was perfect. The only drawback may be seating close to the kitchen, but that's unavoidable, and a minor concern. We appreciated the lack of raucous music.Special Features:
- Amazing food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2014My husband and I went to Z Cucina on 10/22/14 for our 4th anniversary dinner. I'd never heard of the place, but noticed that it received great reviews. The service was amazing from the time we pulled up for the complementary valet until the time we left. We spoke with the owner for a little while and he is a very nice man that seems to love what he does. Our server, Adam, provided amazing service and was very knowledgeable about the menu. Adam recommended the Lamb Sirloin for my husband, he's never had lamb, and he absolutely loved it. I had the Lasagna and it was one of the best I had at a restaurant. We were both amazed at how good the food and service were and we will definitely be going back and plan to recommend this place to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fresh pastaChrismaDined on 10/18/2014Excellent fresh pasta. I had the sweet potato ravioli and my father had the fall ragout special. Both had tons of flavor. The appetizers were very good. The broth on the mussels was very flavorful. The broccoli, Gorgonzola and dried cherry special was delicious. I don't recommend the tiramisu. It was not terrible, just a little dry and heavy on the cocoa powder.Special Features:
- Loved it, as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014Z Cucina is a family favorite for special occasions and never fails to deliver. They always give us great food and attentive service. Thanks!Special Features:
- Another wonderful eveningpatioloverDined on 10/17/2014We had a larger group for a birthday and food allergy to contend with and were more than happily accommodated. The seasonal food offerings are fun and inventive making it difficult to decide on one. Home made cheeses are always delightfully and the bread disappeared quickly into the lovely blend of dipping oil. Highly recommend to anyone that appreciates excellent table service and delights in well crafted and precisely prepared dishes. See you again soon, and thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- New Thursday habitnameVIPDined on 10/16/2014Our first time here, and lucky it was a Thursday.Z offers a make your own Price Fixe menu, so we did.. very reasonable prices, great food & service plus free valet parking. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!PaulFallonDined on 10/10/2014Never had a bad meal or dining experience. Predictably impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Csual get-togetherJayleeDined on 10/9/2014We met some friends for dinner and they brought their 13-year-old son. I thought the food might be too "haute" for him, but he loved it. I had an appetizer that paired carmelized pumpkin with a fig preserve - excellent. As usual, the panna cotta was delectable: creamy, not too sweet, with a bit of rich butterscotch and the dark chocolate drizzle. And, again, a great Negroni.Special Features:
- Great Evening overallOrdinaryDinerDined on 10/4/2014Came with a party of eight & service was fantastic. Bread fantastic, cheese plate fantastic. Prices decent. Drink menu had many good options, but not so many to overwhelm! Nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service and great foodLWANDGLENDined on 10/2/2014The service was great and the chief did a great job with everything we ate.. Loved the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anniversaryKattDined on 10/2/2014We celebrated our anniversary with dinner at z Cucina. Our host gave us a very warm welcome and wished us a happy anniversary as did our server. The server was very knowledgeable about both food and drinks. The scallops were very tasty and now cell grilled. The beet salad was not only delicious but beautiful. The homemade sausage appitizer was delicious. The server brought us a special dessert with anniversary wishes written in chocolate on the plate. It was a yummy chocolate mousse on a pitzel. We can't wait to returnSpecial Features:
- Loved it!CAFeyDined on 9/27/2014We dined here on a home football game night and the restaurant was deserted - too bad because it was excellent! I'm Sure it's packed with happy diners when not distracted by sports bars on game night! The owner served us and was very attentive. Excellent food. We'll be back!Special Features:
- A real gemBakaDined on 9/25/2014Excellent owner operated neighborhood bistro. Food is imaginative and great with flavor. Easy to enjoy. Very nice wine variety and choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday Night Special DinnerFrequentDinerVIPDined on 9/25/2014We returned to try once again the special 3-course menu a available on Thursday evenings. It is quite a great deal, especially considering the quality of the food; in spite of some of the portions being downsized just a bit to accommodate 3 courses, there is still plenty of food. I have never had a bad meal at this restaurant. However, although the food tends to be in the gourmet or specialty-prepared genre, we found it to be perhaps too much so this time around. The entrees were all fine, if a bit unconventional in preparation. e.g. butternut squash ravioli filling loosely wrapped with pasta sheets and rather overly rich. Our party of 4 was all in agreement. Note especially: Desserts were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deserves the PraiseLawyerBobDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I tried this restaurant based solely on the OT reviews and we were not disappointed. Very friendly owner and servers. Lovely patio. We had two of the specials and both were great. Mozzarella and tomato appetizer was very good and the seafood linguini had me licking up the bowl with bread. Passed on desserts because we were too full.Special Features:
- Perfect Anniversary DinnerDiningAdventurerDined on 9/17/2014We went to Z Cucina for our anniversary based on the reviews on Open Table and were not disappointed. We were fortunate enough to be there on a Wednesday when the chef offers a 3 course pre-fix menu with wine pairings. We are foodie types and found each course a fabulous taste treat. The beet trio salad with various roasted beets paired with kale salad, fennel salad and a wonderful goat cheese still resonates in my memory while my husband keeps mentioning the roasted pumpkin and fig compote with a pistachio brittle. The staff was attentive and the owner personally made sure we had romantic seating outside on the patio. Loved the synergy between good food and the energy of Grandview Avenue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spaghetti sauceMarkMDined on 9/13/2014The food was excellent. The spaghetti sauce was one of the best that I have ever tasted. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- OutstandingKevinUADined on 9/12/2014We had close friends in from out of town who are very knowledgeable on wine and food pairings. The menu had a great variety with interesting descriptive details. Our food was delicious and Doug recommended a wonderful wine that impressed all! We sat on the patio for a quiet place to catch up, great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBrynnerVIPDined on 9/6/2014Excellent restaurant in the heart of Grandview where parking is still possible. Chef driven menu creatively crafted by one of the best chefs in Ohio, Jamie George. He is really amazing. At the stove every night and during the day crafts his own gelato, pancetta, duck prosciutto, soups, sauces, and just about everything else that comes out of the kitchen. Interesting meats and produce are sourced locally, and an occasional fish arrives from some exotic location.Special Features:
- Great Service / Great FoodFoodie4VIPDined on 9/4/2014We where greeted and sat by the owner. The food was amazing and perfectly prepared. The owner checked on us on time durning our meal and once again while we where outside waiting for valet to retrieve our vehicle. We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening at Z CucinaPeepOhioTravelerDined on 8/30/2014We had a wonderful time from the moment we walked in the door at Z Cucina. The lighting level on a Saturday evening was just right, the colors were warm and inviting, and the service was friendly without being at all annoying. Well mixed gin martini and a delicious entree of grilled lamb for me. My wife had ravioli and it was excellent as well. A beautiful spot to spend an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpikeSpikeDined on 8/30/2014Great food and service with a nice personal touch by the owner who obviously caresSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky Grandview AvenuekenbritVIPDined on 8/30/2014How did Grandview Avenue get so lucky as to having a restaurant like Z Cucina. Always great food and great service.Special Features:
- KatiDined on 8/23/2014We love going to Z Cucina. The food is always beautifully prepared and taste wonderful. Great place to take friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute findgoodfindDined on 8/23/2014It was a busy night so the service was a little slow. We sat outside which was very nice. Inside is tight and the noise level was loud so I'm glad we were able to sit outside. The food was very good, we had a nice cheese plate appetizer that was very good and we had great creaser salads. I had the chicken parmesan which had great flavor but it could have used a little more sauce. My wife had a chicken dish which she also loved. Very friendly service, nice valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great restaurant. We are foodies and really enjoy Z Cucina. It is our favorite restaurant in Columbus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great WineErinLynnVIPDined on 8/21/2014They have an amazing wine list. The waiter knew I knew what I was talking about and didn't treat me like some woman pretending that I did. He made some great recommendations that fit our tastes perfectly! The food was amazing, it passed the test of 2 native Italians!Special Features:
- MikeDined on 8/6/2014The food as always was fantastic. Everyone at the table raved about the chicken parmigiana. The scallops and risotto were were also terrific. It was nice that Rick the owner remembered us from our last visit and went out of his way to make us feel welcome.Special Features:
- Amazing!dineoutDined on 8/2/2014Great experience from beginning to end. Food and service were outstanding!Special Features:
- Our go-to RestaurantRandyDined on 8/2/2014Z-Cucina is the restaurant my wife and I always visit for our special occasions. You're always treated well, service is great, and the food is excellent. The price is more than reasonable for the experience you're receiving. We're already looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Monday Spaghetti SpecialRebeccaZVIPDined on 7/28/2014Stopped in for the Monday Meatball and Spaghetti 3 course special - salad, spaghetti and meatballs and cannoli. It was a hit! With choice of salad - each one more delicious than the next and cannoli for dessert - What a Deal!!Special Features:
- FantasticTralfazDined on 7/26/2014This is a fantastic restaurant!! Great food. Friendly staff. Great drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service on a busy night!jwhalesVIPDined on 7/26/2014We were on our way to Columbus from Cleveland for a concert. When heavy rain slowed us down, we spoke with Rick, who was happy to accommodate a change to our reservation, and happily took our order over the phone. When we arrived, the restaurant was packed, but we were immediately seated, and were served our first two courses. The food was excellent, and they made sure we were out in under an hour so we could make it to our concert. We especially enjoyed the patio seating. So pleased with everything. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grandview 5 StarZADDDined on 7/26/2014I have dined at "Z" numerous times over the years ... never served a bad plate. This place has it all. Service ... great chef ... hands-on- management ... stiff drinks. Neighborhood folks or first timers ... doesn't matter ... you will be welcome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week 2014 HighlightRockDined on 7/25/2014Our plans changed for Friday night, so we thought lets find a Restaurant Week restaurant that had OpenTable reservations for 7ish and easy parking. Z Cucina fit the bill on all 3 criteria! Valet Parking is greatly appreciated on busy Grandview Avenue, especially on a Friday night. Since I was walking with a cane due to a leg injury, front door drop off was wonderful! The 3 course meal selections were innovative yet comforting. The goat cheese was delicious as a starter. The salad course was tasty with watermelon and feta cheese over the greens. I had the halibut, which was cooked perfectly and served over a tasty risotto. My dining partner had the veal t-bone. Wow! What a dish. Wish could have gone back and ordered it! Delicious!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerDougDined on 7/15/2014Another great dinner at Zs. Rick is always a gracious host -- greeting and discussing the menu with us. We had the cheese board for our starter. Very good. Followed by the Caesar and Roasted Red Pepper Carpaccio. For our main course, I had the Pistachio Crusted Scallops and my wife had the Naturally Raised Chicken Parmigiana. I can say the Scallop dish was excellent. Great presentation, very good taste. Highly recommend Zs.Special Features:
- Great food and service!NRTableDined on 7/15/2014We had a group of six and we all loved the food and service! Rick is a marvelous owner/host. He always makes his guests feel welcome and well cared for. A great place to dine with a group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.