Z Cucina di spirito
1368 Grandview Avenue
Columbus, OH 43212Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Z Cucina di spirito
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.zcucina.com/
- Phone: 6144869200x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Jamie George
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Z Cucina runs a daily catering operation to business's throughout the Columbus Metropolitan area. We are equally adept at catering weddings, special events or "formal" affairs. Z Cucina's catering staff can create a special menu just for you & your guests. Arrangements can also be made to provide chaffing dishes, cutlery, linens, tables & chairs as well as staff. Check out our website for more details.
- Private Party Facilities: Z Cucina offers two areas for private dining Monday through Thursday. The first is an elegant semi-private space accommodating 10 to 16 guests while the second option is a temperature controlled patio setting suitable for 20 to 45 guests. Larger groups seeking private functions can be accommodated for lunch or on Sundays.
- Private Party Contact: Rick Ziliak 6144869200
A word from Z Cucina di spirito
Opening in the Fall of 2005, Z Cucina topped the list of new restaurants according to Columbus Monthly Magazine. Described as "unobtrusively chic", Z Cucina is a blend of traditional & modern Italian cuisine that also moves with ease into the realm of Mediterranean flavors. With an International Wine List married to the chef's cuisine, Z Cucina offers the rare experience of distinctive dining in a neighborhood setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Z Cucina di spirito - Best Restaurants in Grandview Heights ›
Z Cucina di spirito reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (59)fit for foodies (51)great for outdoor dining (49)special occasion (46)romantic (36)notable wine list (23)good for groups (23)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (13)great for lunch (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Lovely evening at Z CucinaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We had a wonderful time from the moment we walked in the door at Z Cucina. The lighting level on a Saturday evening was just right, the colors were warm and inviting, and the service was friendly without being at all annoying. Well mixed gin martini and a delicious entree of grilled lamb for me. My wife had ravioli and it was excellent as well. A beautiful spot to spend an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpikeSpikeDined on 8/30/2014Great food and service with a nice personal touch by the owner who obviously caresSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky Grandview AvenuekenbritDined on 8/30/2014How did Grandview Avenue get so lucky as to having a restaurant like Z Cucina. Always great food and great service.Special Features:
- KatiDined on 8/23/2014We love going to Z Cucina. The food is always beautifully prepared and taste wonderful. Great place to take friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute findgoodfindDined on 8/23/2014It was a busy night so the service was a little slow. We sat outside which was very nice. Inside is tight and the noise level was loud so I'm glad we were able to sit outside. The food was very good, we had a nice cheese plate appetizer that was very good and we had great creaser salads. I had the chicken parmesan which had great flavor but it could have used a little more sauce. My wife had a chicken dish which she also loved. Very friendly service, nice valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great restaurant. We are foodies and really enjoy Z Cucina. It is our favorite restaurant in Columbus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great WineErinLynnDined on 8/21/2014They have an amazing wine list. The waiter knew I knew what I was talking about and didn't treat me like some woman pretending that I did. He made some great recommendations that fit our tastes perfectly! The food was amazing, it passed the test of 2 native Italians!Special Features:
- Amazing!dineoutDined on 8/2/2014Great experience from beginning to end. Food and service were outstanding!Special Features:
- Our go-to RestaurantRandyDined on 8/2/2014Z-Cucina is the restaurant my wife and I always visit for our special occasions. You're always treated well, service is great, and the food is excellent. The price is more than reasonable for the experience you're receiving. We're already looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Monday Spaghetti SpecialRebeccaZVIPDined on 7/28/2014Stopped in for the Monday Meatball and Spaghetti 3 course special - salad, spaghetti and meatballs and cannoli. It was a hit! With choice of salad - each one more delicious than the next and cannoli for dessert - What a Deal!!Special Features:
- FantasticTralfazDined on 7/26/2014This is a fantastic restaurant!! Great food. Friendly staff. Great drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service on a busy night!jwhalesVIPDined on 7/26/2014We were on our way to Columbus from Cleveland for a concert. When heavy rain slowed us down, we spoke with Rick, who was happy to accommodate a change to our reservation, and happily took our order over the phone. When we arrived, the restaurant was packed, but we were immediately seated, and were served our first two courses. The food was excellent, and they made sure we were out in under an hour so we could make it to our concert. We especially enjoyed the patio seating. So pleased with everything. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grandview 5 StarZADDDined on 7/26/2014I have dined at "Z" numerous times over the years ... never served a bad plate. This place has it all. Service ... great chef ... hands-on- management ... stiff drinks. Neighborhood folks or first timers ... doesn't matter ... you will be welcome!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week 2014 HighlightRockDined on 7/25/2014Our plans changed for Friday night, so we thought lets find a Restaurant Week restaurant that had OpenTable reservations for 7ish and easy parking. Z Cucina fit the bill on all 3 criteria! Valet Parking is greatly appreciated on busy Grandview Avenue, especially on a Friday night. Since I was walking with a cane due to a leg injury, front door drop off was wonderful! The 3 course meal selections were innovative yet comforting. The goat cheese was delicious as a starter. The salad course was tasty with watermelon and feta cheese over the greens. I had the halibut, which was cooked perfectly and served over a tasty risotto. My dining partner had the veal t-bone. Wow! What a dish. Wish could have gone back and ordered it! Delicious!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerDougDined on 7/15/2014Another great dinner at Zs. Rick is always a gracious host -- greeting and discussing the menu with us. We had the cheese board for our starter. Very good. Followed by the Caesar and Roasted Red Pepper Carpaccio. For our main course, I had the Pistachio Crusted Scallops and my wife had the Naturally Raised Chicken Parmigiana. I can say the Scallop dish was excellent. Great presentation, very good taste. Highly recommend Zs.Special Features:
- Great food and service!NRTableDined on 7/15/2014We had a group of six and we all loved the food and service! Rick is a marvelous owner/host. He always makes his guests feel welcome and well cared for. A great place to dine with a group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding innovative menuHowardVIPDined on 7/12/2014Z Cucina remains one of our top favorite restaurants in Columbus. Our last visit we had the special treat of having Hawaiian Opah, a very tender and firm white fish, served with a scrumptious risotto and a pea puree-a beautiful dish to the eyes and a taste treat to the palate. My partner had the Cioppino, also full of fabulous flavor. We had their famous risotto balls as an appetizer, and a salume appetizer with delicately sliced variety of meat flavors. The outside patio was just wonderful for this delightful summer's eve. Service is always attentive without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Meal by AllNorthColumbusFoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014I've previously dined at Z Cucina, but my wife had not and we had a friend in from out of town. I wanted a moderate to quiet place with great food that wasn't a chain. Z Cucina fit that bill to a T! Our wait staff was very knowledgeable about the menu and willing to make recommendations. The gluten friendly options are perfect. Our dinner never felt rushed nor did out wait staff ever feel like he was hovering. We enjoyed a leisurely pace of the meal. The ricotta and mozzarella cheeses as well as the sausages are all made in-house, giving a great fresh difference to this restaurant versus others. We dined on the recently opened covered patio that leant itself nicely to what we wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- billsDined on 7/11/2014Outstanding food selection and service. Fantastic location w parking or valet. One of our favoritesSpecial Features:
- just okChuckVIPDined on 7/9/2014The food was great but it was an odd experiance. The server was inexperianced, made odd comments and cleared plates glasses a little to often it was ofensive. At one point i bearly put a wine glass down and she snached it up, I think these was still wine in it.
- Great RestaurantLuv2DineOutDined on 7/2/2014We recently dined at Z Cucina for the first time, but it certainly won't be our last time. We happened to go on a Dine Originals First Wednesday of the month night. The chef prepares a special meal at a special price on these evenings. It was hard to choose between the regular menu and the dinner special but we went with the special. It was very good. There is lovely outdoor seating. Our waitress was very attentive, the owner stopped by our table to make sure everything was good. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmm meatballselceeDined on 6/30/2014We've had many delicious meals at Z in the past, so we decided to give them the ultimate test and try their spaghetti and meatballs. I am pleased to report they were the best meatballs I've had (in a restaurant)...tender, flavorful, very nicely spiced. It's hard to please Italian-Americans (and their lucky spouses) with anything but homemade spaghetti and meatballs. We were happily surprised to discover "Meatball Mondays" at Z; delicious and you don't have to do the dishes! Owner Rick was on hand, as always, to enhance our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Z is Amazing!JonathanDined on 6/28/2014The service from the minute you walk in makes it clear you're in for a wonderful dining experience. Rick and his staff are great. The seasonal cocktail menu always offers great options and I'm a big fan of the local beers and other craft beers they have on draft. When it comes to appetziers, the Parmesan Risotto Fritters are a MUST!! I got them the first time I went to Z and have ordered them as an appetzier every single time since! The homemade pastas are always delicious (try the sausages tortelloni), the seafood is always fresh and the beef is always cooked perfect. I've never had a bad meal at Z. The recently renovated patio is another huge plus! It's worth waiting a few extra minutes and having a drink at the bar for a table outside!Special Features:
- Lovely dinner with a friend0xDE1337Dined on 6/27/2014A lovely place for dinner. We started out with the bruschetta and it wasn't what we were expecting but man was it tasty. The bread is topped with a savory sweet homemade "jam". I am a sucker for pasta and the lasagna and ravioli were fantastic. The ravioli comes plated atop a pesto olive oil mix that was simply indulgent. As far as atmosphere is was rather lovely. We ate on the patio and once the sun had gone down a bit the staff open the curtains and it really made the difference. We finished the night with the dessert platter which you just can't beat for the price. I would say the coffee mousse was the best of the three desserts. As a 20-year-old I did however feel a bit out of place regardless I know I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrandviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Both the food and service were excellent. Great ambiance - quiet but not too quiet. Table was ready at reservation time. Food has been excellent here for a long time. Will definitely return again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceChasDined on 6/14/2014My wife and I had dinner at Z Cucina tonight and had one of the best dining experiences we have had in a long time. The food was excellent, service outstanding, and the owner, Rick, goes the extra mile to ensure you have a wonderful experience. We sat outside on their patio which is a great venue for a summer dinner. I highly recommend you try Z Cucina... you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Z Cucina excellent diningLuvfinef00dDined on 6/7/2014We found Z Cucina to be a wonderful dining experience. The food was exceptional and we would recommend anyone to eat there. The server was a little air headed but pleasant and attentive. The outdoor patio was nice and the only issue was the parking lot traffic next to the patio but the restaurant has done a fairly good job of creating a block with bushes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patio, better food.MikeDined on 6/7/2014Went here on a date and the food was out of this world. The goat cheese and sundried tomato ravioli was one of the best dishes I've ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening at ZAl4frescoDined on 5/31/2014We had a wonderful bottle of Malbec. The caesar salad and the beet salad were both excellent. My halibut entree was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingJandAPDined on 5/31/2014Wonderful service- friendly but not overly talkative- knew when to provide privacy. Great food- from the appetizer to desert- we were no displeased with one piece.Special Features:
- Great Evening OutVintageCbusDined on 5/24/2014Excellent evening with another couple - warm so large windows to street open, giving feel of European café. Service was excellentSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/22/2014the owner was there and seemed to really care about the place but the food was just not very good
- A late Mothers DayDavidDined on 5/17/2014My mother in-law likes to try places that are new. I found this restaurant and booked a reservation for 5, they even called to confirm the day of which was awesome. The service was awesome, in every aspect. The atmosphere was very nice and made a great place to connect with those who I was with. Im not a foodie, however I would say my Wife's family are. With that said, I liked the food and they enjoyed it but it wasn't anything that was memorable. I am giving it a positive review because I really liked it, people are the event for me and they made it so easy to enjoy those I was with. Thanks for the great experience.Special Features:
- Great Start to the Eveningmjs3Dined on 5/17/2014Our group of six really enjoyed the food, beverages, and service we received at Z Cucina. Our server was attentive, kept our beverages refreshed and ensured that we had a relaxing and enjoyable experience. The owner greeted us at our table and asked whether or not this was a special occassion. We informed him that we had a curtain to make so he ensured that everything ran smoothly so that we had plenty of time to enjoy our salads, entrees and desserts without feeling rushed. We all will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Always a good mealForbertieDined on 5/16/2014We keep returning for special dinners as well as fun nights out with friends. Always innovative menu items, great wines and impeccable service! The owner checks up on everything so you always feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maturing to ExcellenceBuffcatDined on 5/11/2014In the 8 years Z has been open, we have observed it mature from a nice local restaurant to Best in Class! Rick has continued to refine the quality of ingredients, the diversity of the menu and the ambience to the point that Z is now a regional gem, capable of comparison to restaurants in much larger cities. We had a vegan ravioli and a grilled salmon with a tomato risotto (Mother's Day specials) that were fresh, uniquely flavored and delicious. Staying in the restaurant business for 8 years is quite an accomplishment, attaining excellence, particularly in a city with as many great places to eat as Columbus is truly notable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good!KandKDined on 5/11/2014We have eaten here several times in groups of 4 or 5 so I have sampled a number of different entrees. Each has been very good to outstanding. This place is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 5/11/2014We were there for Mother's Day. Our party of six ranging from 11 to 80 was seated quickly. The server was attentive without being intrusive. The food was excellent. I had the duck which was cooked perfectly & beautifully displayed. The only negative was the noise made conversations difficult. Part of the problem was just that crowd for the Mother's Day holiday. The other part was the basketball game on the TV in the bar area. Some of the fans insisted on demonstrating their support for the team(s) loudly. We expect this when we go to a sports bar. I wish restaurants that are trying to have a more upscale venue in the dining room would get rid of the TV's and look to more sound muffling designs so that guest can enjoy dinner & conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day visitJaceyDined on 5/11/2014We had a great time on Sunday for Mother's Day. There were gluten free options as well as vegetarian options on the menu. Great wine, great service and an excellent dinner. Definitely a spot we'll come back to soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Mothers Day Dinnerveg4lifeDined on 5/11/2014My entire family enjoyed the experience. The food was amazing (chicken pasta for Mom, vegan ravioli for me, my brother enjoyed the ribs...he went silent while he savored each bite). The wine was superb (cote du rhone, smooth as silk). I really like the renovations to the outdoor dining that have taken place to date....I look forward to when its finished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.