54 Main Ave
Ocean Grove, NJ 07756Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.yvonnescafe.com/
- Phone: 7327759004x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Tuesday 8am-4pm
Wednesday , Thursday, Sunday 8am-9pm
Friday-Saturday 7:30 am - 10pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Fusion / Eclectic, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Cafe, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Yvonne's cafe is now available for
private parties, special events, and
holiday parties in the premises and out!
Book your Holiday and special occasion now,
on premises or let us cater at your place.
A word from Yvonne's Cafe
Come in for a bite to eat, while you sit back and people watch from our prime location on Main Avenue. Located in historic downtown Ocean Grove, Yvonne’s Café offers unmatched quality, superior service and can't-wait-to-return dining experiences for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner .Our creative menu features the freshest ingredients and seasonal specials while never using trans-fats. We offer healthy alternatives on many classic dishes. Our chef will gladly accommodate any dietary needs or special requests. And don’t forget our delicious homemade desserts, winner of 2012 jersey shore dessert wars.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Yvonne's Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (12)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)good for groups (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/10/2014I have dined at this restaurant many times for breakfast and it is very good. We decided to try the dinner and even thogh the food is "prepared to order" the salads lacked the proper amount of dressing so it was dry and without taste. The entries portions were good but again the seasoning was missing. It may have been an off night for the chef or since we dined at 8:30pm, the kitchen has exhausted their creative abilities? I will stick to breakfast.
- Great hidden jemSteveDined on 9/27/2014Food and service were outstanding . I had the Pork Osso Bucco, taste, presentation and portion were well worth the price. My girlfriend had the Filet of Beef Wellington and loved it. It is a BYO, so buy your refreshments before you get to Ocean Grove, it's a dry town.Special Features:
- I had a great meal.GreatDined on 9/14/2014My seafood fra diablo was exactly as I asked for. My husbands franchise was just as good. It is a great ace right in the middle of town. You could eat I nor out. The service was just as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem Hiding in Plain SightoutoftownerVIPDined on 9/4/2014We've walked by Yvonne's cafe dozens of times and never really thought of it as a fine dining restaurant. We finally went and will be back. We were wowed by the extensive menu and the attentive, thoughtful service. Eggplant rollatini was outstanding as was the papardelle with ragu--both the equal of many fine italian restaurants. Shrimp scampi over linguine was tasty, but shrimp a bit overdone. Enjoyed sitting outside on a lovely post-season weeknight. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Online Reservation Didn't Workjjb8172Dined on 8/31/2014We showed up at the restaurant and the staff acted as if they had never received our online reservation...they said that Open Table doesn't take into consideration "weather conditions" (a thunderstorm was passing through the area and half of their tables were unusable). They did try to put together a table for us, but it was tiny and would not have been appropriate for the 5 of us, so we went to a different restaurant nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal touchJannaVIPDined on 8/29/2014I was completely happy with my surf and turf salad, but the service was even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful !OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014I looked online for a restaurant for our first night in Ocean Grove, and found this place. The menu and the reviews seemed like it would make a good choice. We were seated right away and given prompt service. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The food, starting with wonderful, warm, home-made rolls was excellent. One of us had ribs with pasta and corn bread, and the other had Thai seared scallops. Both meals were tasty and there was plenty of food. The decor and ambiance were very appealing. I would definitely consider coming back.Special Features:
- Hidden Jersey Shore GemnysuDined on 7/30/2014Was there for Pasta Night. Don't miss the appetizers & desserts especially. They serve Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner. I rate the week I was @ the shore as the BEST of all dinners. Don't miss visiting Ocean Grove & it's pristine beaches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yvonne's Cafe is GREAT!!!noelleDined on 7/26/20144 of us ate at Yvonne's Cafe on Saturday night, 7/26. The food was very good. I did not put excellent only becasue they slightly overcooked my husband's Beef Wellington. We started with the Asian dinner salad, which we all split, it was huge. Then crab cakes and eggplant rollotini. They too were great. I had the pork osso bucco and it was excellent. One of the best I've ever had. My vegan gitlfriend was also well accommendated and had a pasta dish with veggies. I would definitely recommend this place. I had made reservations about 2 months ago, they no longer take reservation on weekends, but did honor ours. I def recommend this place, but be prepared to wait.Special Features:
- LuluDined on 7/9/2014We went on a Wensday night which is their pasta night. At first we disapointed. But, all our food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visitsamerDined on 6/26/2014Our second visit was much better than the first. Better server and the food came out in the proper time. Breakfast is good here, too.
- servicesamerDined on 6/25/2014Our apps and dinner came out at the same time which makes a bad dinner experience.
- One not to miss!Liv2EatVIPDined on 6/23/2014Wonderful neighborhood gem that lived up to all it's great reviews. The service and dinners were 5 star. I ordered the layered chicken which will keep you coming back for more!Special Features:
- The following 4 reviews are from the Yvonne's Cafe reviews archive.
- Did not feel welcomeak24Dined on 6/21/2014Was really looking forward to coming here. Server was rude and cold. Would never go back to Yvonnes.
- Yvonne's in Ocean Grovekmickey31Dined on 6/7/2014It was our first time dining in Ocean Grove and we chose Yvonne's because we were able to make a reservation. We were travelling from Hillsborough from an event and didn't want to risk not getting a table on a beautiful, sunny weekend at the shore. The portions were generous and the food was delicious! I had the short rib dinner and my husband had the layered chicken. (for appetizers I had scallop cakes and he had the clams & mussels).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real gemHappydinerDined on 5/24/2014Fantastic, fresh food. Creative without being over the top. A true find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemPauloDined on 3/8/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dinner at Yvonne's. I had the veal, she had a pork chop, both prepared to perfection and presented nicely. This is our third visit to this restaurant and we have been pleased on all three occasions. On this occasion we got to meet the chef and compliment him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.