3347 Fillmore Street
San Francisco, CA 94123Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
SushiPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yuzusf.com/
- Phone: 4157751873x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm
Happy Hour: Wednesday through Sunday: 6:00 - 7:00pm. Friday and Saturday HH at the sushi or sake bar only.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Options include on-site catering where we bring the sushi bar to you.
We are also able to prepare sushi and maki roll platters and deliver to your event (large quantities).
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties may include an hors d'oeuvres and cocktail reception, a sushi making workshop, sake tasting, and buffet-style dinner.
The entire restaurant or a portion may be reserved for group functions.
- Private Party Contact: Fred 4153096542x
- Special Events: Sushi 101 and 102 Workshops
Dates to be determined.
Sushi lovers will follow our Executive Sushi Chef along as he demonstrates creative sushi rolls and nigiri sushi. Enjoy the fruits of your labor with friends and other sushi afficionados!
$65 per guest. RSVP 775-1873.
A word from Yuzu
Our cuisine takes from both the Japanese and French traditions; we offer a broad selection of flavors that work together to create synergy on the palate. Whether it's a creative tartare or sashimi enjoyed with one of our specially designed sake flights, or a light starter like unagi tempura salad paired with one of our microbrews, the gustatory experience we offer will delight.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Yuzu reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (3)romantic (3)special occasion (2)good for groups (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Dinner DatehealthyeaterDined on 5/3/2014I was disappointed with my dinner experience at Yuzu. They seemed to be short staffed. It took about twenty minutes to take our order and the server forgot to order one of our rolls. Maybe they were just having an off night but I probably won't be going back given all of the other great sushi options in the city. The rolls weren't out of this world, but the quality of ingredients was great.Special Features:
- Great Sushi!Tommyop02Dined on 1/19/2014Me and my girlfriend went there during our vacation. I booked our first visit ahead of time, once we got there, they seated us right away. Staff was really nice, the food was just great, we ate a lot, trying different sushi, sashimi, tartares, seared scallops, and the food kept coming. We also add dessert and I was really surprised the check only came up to 75 dollars! Water and green tea are complimentary! It was so good that the day before leaving San Fran we decided to go back. We went there earlier in the evening and they told us they were having a happy our. We had an incredible dinner, sitting at the sushi counter this time, for only 35 usd! Cant believe it. The place is great and you must try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreSeisboygb7VIPDined on 1/18/2014This place is OK but the food wasn't that great, in fact it was probably the worst sushi I ever had in my life. But the service was great and the place is nice and clean. Only problem was the food didn't really justify the bill.
- My New Favorite Sushi PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/11/2014I made a reservation for 8 for my friends birthday. The staff was extremely courteous and very helpful with suggesting items on the menu. They also brought out a free dessert sampler plate for my friend for her birthday.Special Features:
- Great experiencedelish12VIPDined on 1/10/2014Sushi was very fresh and delicious. Unique combinations in rolls made them a lot more fun than your typical sushi restaurant. Great cocktail, beer, and saki selection. Overall a wonderful experience, I will be back!Special Features:
- New favorite Japanese restaurantKumanomiDined on 11/23/2013The balance between the quality of their food and price was great. I am a very picky with Japanese food, but I was very happy here, especially after seeing the bill. They had very unique and tasty beer from Japan and Uni-Ikura sushi was great. The server was very friendly and nice. The only thing I didn't like about this place was "a movie" on the back wall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotLifeat36kftDined on 11/17/2013Good, fresh food. Reasonable price. Service was a bit slow but we weren't in a hurry so it didn't matter. Will definitely go back next time I'm in the MarinaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service & atmosphereDaniDined on 11/7/2013I made reservations because it was a decent size group coming in on a Thursday night. Walked in and it was pretty quite and low key, the hostess welcomed us and sat us immediately. Our hostess was our waitress as well, and she was very attentive and informative when it came to selecting a sake. Everything from the presentation of the food, to the food itself, to the sake and dessert -- absolutely amazing. Definitely recommend YuzuSpecial Features:
- No sushi rice?OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/26/2013It gets a star down for not having sushi rice in their sushi.Special Features:
- Good sushi!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/3/2013Really enjoyed this place. Service was good, has an extensive sake, drink list and the sushi was very fresh and delicious. Try the special rolls!Special Features:
- My Favorite Sushi SpotiamprobDined on 6/29/2013Second time going and it was great again. Very unique and interesting ushi compared to other places I have tried. Sushi Chef is fun, entertaining, and his reccomendations were spot on. Cocktails are refreshing. Sushi Happy Hour is fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite in the Bay AreaLiveToEatVIPDined on 5/18/2013The food is terrific, so fresh, so expertly prepared, so beautifully prepared and so reasonably. We want to eat here at least once a week!Special Features:
- This is a tiny (seats 24),OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/2/2013This is a tiny (seats 24), authentic, neighborhood sushi restaurant. It's boisterous and full of character. My favorite kind of place. It's a good place to take your sweetheart if he/she appreciates this kind of place. It's not a posh, dark, swanky place where you want to pull a ring out of your pocket and get on bended knee.Special Features:
- Very tasty, fun and romantic!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Very tasty, fun and romantic! Inexpensive too! I will go back again!Special Features:
- Try the cocktail listDGSFDined on 2/14/2013One of the best Sushi places I have come upon. Delicious!Special Features:
- Yuzu's sushi is fantasticChazVIPDined on 12/1/2012Yuzu's sushi is fantastic and my favorite sushi and Japanese restaurant in SF -- fresh with good variety, imaginative rolls. Cooked meals are wonderful -- like the tempura onion rings, ribs, sea bass.....and addicting spicy garlic edamame to go with lots of drink options. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Absolutely terrible customerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012Absolutely terrible customer service! I'm convinced it was because we were a large group and the waitress knew she was guaranteed a tip. We literally had to yell to be waited on.
- I was here once before andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2012I was here once before and really liked it. This time, I went with two girl friends, and was not impressed. Food was ok, but service was terrible. It was a wednesday night, and not even crowded, and waitstaff were horrible. There were 2 young girls working, and were not good. We ordered a glass of wine, and they filled it up to the rim. Wine was terrible, so we tryed another one, again, filled to rim, and terrible. I don't think I would go back.
- Yuzu is my favorite sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2012Yuzu is my favorite sushi spot in the Marina. When you are looking for fun innovative rolls and don't feel like waiting for a table at umami, Yuzu is a great spot. The service is great and it's always an excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- I've been to Yuzu severalfoodieDined on 10/3/2012I've been to Yuzu several times now but this is my first review. Yuzu, food is consistently very good. I LOVE their edamame with spicy/sweet chili sauce. Their mushroom appetizer dish is to die for!! It's a must have on the menu! The sashimi is fresh and delicious & their rolls are creative and tasty.Special Features:
- fish for sushi and sashimOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2012fish for sushi and sashim was very fresh, and some delicious and different rolls. only minus was the trio of mushrooms that turned out to be much too salty.Special Features:
- Food and service were awesomeHMoneyVIPDined on 8/18/2012Food and service were awesome as always. Sake flights pair well with the food.Special Features:
- Very affordable and greatyummyVIPDined on 8/9/2012Very affordable and great food! Definitely will go back.Special Features:
- Good valuefrancescaVIPDined on 7/12/2012We had good sushi for a reasonable price. everything was good and nothing was outstanding. we will likely go back for sushi in the area.
- Yuzu was fantastic, offeringOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/6/2012Yuzu was fantastic, offering great food, a great atmosphere to have some drinks, and a very attentive, young, cool waitstaff. To top it all off, they brought us out a flight of free delicious deserts at the end of dinner. I highly recommend for dates or big group dinners on weekend nights.Special Features:
- Truly a great dinner! I hadn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/6/2012Truly a great dinner! I hadn't been here since it opened years ago and remember liking it then. This time it was very memorable. They have great raw items as well as delicious and unigue rolls. I especially like that they have several spicy options for their rolls. The nigiri was outstanding, they have tasty options that you don't see a lot of places, including salmon belly and albacore belly. Overall very happy with the food and the service was solid. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Best Sushi in SF...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2012It is exactly best Sushi in San Fransisco :) And also service is excellent. And also prices are good.. Not expensive.Special Features:
- tasty varietydaneDined on 3/30/2012A varied menu, every dish (we had six small plates) well-prepared. Japanese TV sci-fi show projected on the wall entranced the two little kids at the next table and amused us too.Special Features:
- Great undiscovered happy hourOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/23/2012Great undiscovered happy hour on Friday nights! The sushi was tasty and the drinks were delicious, and they were all very reasonably priced.
- casual atmosphere, great service,SpeshDined on 3/9/2012casual atmosphere, great service, good food. pretty much a winning formula.Special Features:
- Tasty food, awful service.LittlesDined on 2/11/2012Tasty food, awful service. Our waiter could not have been less interested in us or our food, forgot part of our order, never checked on us, looked irritated by our choices, when I spilled my water glass no one came to clean it up and when I asked for a new napkin they put it down in the spilled water.
- Hard to stand-out in SF but they doFoodieOnBudgetDined on 1/28/2012We'd been there before a d really liked it, so we went back. As before, the sushi was extraordinarily fresh, well-prepared, and artfully served, but this time, the place was much more crowded...I guess it's been "discovered."Special Features:
- GREAT bartenders who alsoTinaVIPDined on 1/19/2012GREAT bartenders who also suggested some sushi stand outs.Special Features:
- Yummy JapaneseamoebaVIPDined on 11/5/2011Yuzu was yummy! Great staff! Super friendly, great (and trustworthy) suggestions. We had a great meal.Special Features:
- my experience was better thanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2011my experience was better than I expected. I was treated like a full price paying customer even though I presented a spotlight certificate. I like that. I'm new to japanese cuisine, except for when the guy that is not necessarily Japanese plays with your food in front of you while he cooks it. but I'm pleased to say that I will return based on my initial experienceSpecial Features:
- Their drinks were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2011Their drinks were excellent. The vegetable tempura plate was very good. The sashimis were very fresh. The rolls were not that special.Special Features:
- As usual, the food was terrific,Bob68VIPDined on 10/2/2011As usual, the food was terrific, but on this occasion there was a mix-up with our orders in the kitchen and the food came out very slowly and somewhat out of order. The waiter kindly comped our group with desserts to make up for the slow service.Special Features:
- We went early, had a seatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2011We went early, had a seat by the window and enjoyed our food. The wait person (a woman) was friendly and helpful and we enjoyed ourselves. We'll go there again!
- Unexpected Food FindSouthcityCAVIPDined on 9/25/2011Off the beaten path, Yuzu serves wonderful Japanese fusion. Your meal will be unexpected, fresh, well prepared, and exciting. Everything we ordered was delicious. Don't miss out on the spicy garlic edamame, Rodeo roll covered in cooked beef, and Bento Box dessert. We also enjoyed their sparkling sake. Service was attentive and courteous. This is a place I'll recommend to friends, and visit again!Special Features:
- The waitress went out of herOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/22/2011The waitress went out of her way to be courteous, beyond what other restaurants' staff would have done. The menu was creative and I liked what I saw on paper!!!! Some of the flavors were so edgy, that it wasn't quite for me. But not to say that it won't for anyone else though. I also like the specialty cocktails. My first Shochu mojito was aweseome. The second missed the mark though, but waitress didn't charge us for it and made sure that we were satisfied. Valient effort, Yuzu!!Special Features: