Yuzu No Hana
236 Adelaide St W
Toronto, ON M5H 1W7Neighborhood:
Downtown / Entertainment District
JapanesePrice: CAN$30 and under
Yuzu No Hana
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yuzunohana.ca/
- Phone: 4162059808
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 3:00 PM, Saturday: 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00 PM - 10:30 PM, Friday - Saturday: 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Sunday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: Please contact us directly so we can offer some great options based on your catering needs. We can work with you and make it really special
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate from 12 to 50 seated and up to 100 people for cocktail parties on our private room located on our 2nd floor. We can work on your budget and requirements and help you create a great event for you. Please call us directly to discuss
- Private Party Contact: Yumiko 4162059808
A word from Yuzu No Hana
The YUZUNOHANA experience is all about excellent food and drink, enjoyed in a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. We invite you to try our contemporary japanese cuisine prepared by authentic Japanese way.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Yuzu No Hana - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Entertainment District ›
Yuzu No Hana reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (28)special occasion (17)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (15)great for lunch (13)romantic (11)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Not worth the pricenewdinerDined on 8/31/2014Went here from other reviews. The first thing we noticed was the poor service. It took about 45 minutes for our food. When our food arrived, we were disappointed. We got a spicy salmon roll (at $7) and the sushi deluxe (at $31). The roll was extremely mayo-ie and the sushi didn't come close to other same-priced sushi places like Shinobu at Yonge and Lawrence. They were small and bland. Will not come back.
- Good place for a dateHmanDined on 8/30/2014A nicely decorated place perfect for a date, where the food will be ok and the atmosphere is very nice. It's not cheap. But nobody eats to much on dates anywaySpecial Features:
- Changing?UniLoverDined on 8/20/2014We've been going to Yuzu ever since it first opened, although not very often. It's a solid Japanese restaurant with fresh ingredients, aesthetic presentation and cost-performance. In the early years Chef Bu surprised us with his superb Omakase menus a couple of times. We could alway count on Yuzu's consistent performance. However, we were slightly disappointed at our latest visit - something has changed, unfortunately not for the better. Food was still better than the average Japanese restaurants in town, but the "flare" was gone. We ordered the 7-course Yuzu Dinner. Everything was above average, but nothing excellent or extraordinary. Perhaps new management? But servers were very friendly and attentive. We had a nice dinner nevertheless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unimpressed service & DinnerKcufmanVIPDined on 8/18/2014Four of us had the Yuzu dinner ($60 each) & it was a disappointment. Not only that most of the dishes are bite size & not much to shout about but we have to ask if we are getting the YUZU osuimono with clams (towards the end of the meal) which the waiter told us that he can give us miso soup. Then we didn't even get dessert and we were too tired to ask and WAIT for it!!! Seriously, for the same amount of $$$$ ($240++), I would have a much tastier and more enjoyable meal ordering a la carte. Two of my guests are visiting from OZ and they were definitely not coming back to Yuzu. I used to have good meals here and recommended them this place. I would like to have a feedback & a refund for bad service & food fulfilment.Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 7/28/2014The service was terrible, we never saw our waitress once orders were taken. Trying to flag her down was almost impossible, she ignored us and even forgot one of our dishes until we were able to ask for it well into the meal. The Otoro chef's special (which in nyc would only be about $5 a piece) was $20 for 2. Overpriced, bad service, average food.
- Fresh!janeDined on 7/27/2014Love the presentation and quality of the fish here! A favorite for sure !Special Features:
- Best sushi since KajiMikasDined on 7/26/2014Went for dinner with my wife and 8-year old son, and we all were satisfied. I got the sashimi/sushi moriawase, and the quality of fish was outstanding. Don't remember having better sushi outside of Kaji (many years ago). Terrific service too. Definitely will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent serviceschibeDined on 7/20/2014I like their food fresh and not pricey. My daughter is a picky eater and she loves there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in TOEmDineTODined on 7/18/2014Yuzu No Hana's never disappoints. Fresh, delicious sushi. Service was excellent. Still one of the best places of sushi in TO!Special Features:
- Pleasant and efficient sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014I've had a few lunches here. The sushi is always nice - not overwhelmingly outstandingly inventive, but tasty and pleasant, with nice touches. Definitely better than the typical Toronto sushi restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a special nightNoodleLoverTODined on 6/18/2014Ordered the Yuzu dinner tasting menu (7 courses, $60). Its a well-balanced menu, some nice surprises as the tataki salad. It's a nice option for a special dinner, a bit pricey to go frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSushiQueenDined on 5/29/2014The sushi was great, I'm now a sake convert, and the staff was beyond pleasant, professional, and courteous. I will actually go out of my way, in future, to eat at Yuzu No Hana, and highly recommend it to friends, and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 72 reviews are from the Yuzu No Hana reviews archive.
- Busy Place in Nightclub DistrictPDarneauDined on 4/26/2014Small but busy place with large assorted menu. Food was excellent and reasonable in price. One of the best Unagi don I've had recently. Great dessert ice creams - blk sesame ice cream / red bean or green tea large Sake menu.Special Features:
- Nice small restauranthazeljadedakotaDined on 4/21/2014Took my bf for his birthday here because I read a lot of good reviews. Food was great! Really really loved the tuna avocado tartare! And the miso soup was one of the best I've ever had. I actually had 3 orders!! And 2 to go which they actually gave us for free! I think they ddnt charge us because we spent a lot. This place is not cheap but not too expensive either. Spent about $120 with some take out.Special Features:
- sandyuDined on 4/18/2014they had the wrong order, we ordered botan ebi and i repected 3-4 times, and we wait for a long time for the food to come. it turned out a ebi, and we still have to wait for a long time to come.
- Delicious FoodLooseWiresDined on 4/4/2014We ordered the 15 piece sashimi and it was extremely tasty, fresh and nicely cut. Each fish tasted amazing, however it was a little bit on the pricier side. We ordered the tiramisu and creme brule, both were AMAZING. BUT if I had to choose one, the creme brule would definitely be the winner. The wait staff was excellent, atmosphere was great. It was a nice cozy place to eat and have a date with, providing you are in good company.Special Features:
- If sushi kaji had a younger brotherGreatfoodsDined on 3/30/2014His name would be yuzu. Really yummy. Has now replaced emetei as our go to Japanese place downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best sushi in town for your moneyFussyDadDined on 3/29/2014Freshest, tastiest sushi I have ever tasted, and i've combed the city in search of the best... recommend spider roll, spicy tuna roll, sake sushi, yellow tail, and splurge on an O-toro! service was polite, efficient, on the mark and fast.Special Features:
- Always great sushiDerekDined on 3/13/2014As always, one of the best sushi joints in Toronto. Not cheap by any means, but the quality is better than any that I've found. Make sure you ask the price of the specials – the Toro that I had was $25 for three pieces. I still would have ordered it because it was spectacular, but a bit of a surprise when the bill came!! A bit of a mixup with the reservation, but it got sorted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great "Hidden" Japanese RestauranthungryskepticVIPDined on 3/8/2014Yuzu No Hana is almost hard to find, with a small frontage on Adelaide. You walk up a small flight of stairs into a very pleasant, inviting space. The seating is close together but comfortable, and the staff are genuinely friendly and helpful. The menu is classic Japanese. The quality of the food and the presentation are both a step above most other high end sushi type restaurants. The sushi and sashimi are excellent, and the daily specials are often quite interesting. The appetizers and noodle dishes are also great. The chef offers some several course "chef's choice" options that never disappoint. I would recommend Yuzu No Hana to anyone who wants an excellent Japanese meal in a casual, cozy environment.Special Features:
- Japanese Go To PlaceSenorTomasVIPDined on 2/24/2014If you are looking for a casual, friendly and reasonably priced Japanese place downtown this is it. Food is very good, sashimi options are plentiful and very fresh. Staff are very friendly and I have been twice now and the place is always busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good good was lost by bad serviceJeffVDined on 2/15/2014We had a decent meal. But that was overshadowed and lost by the poor service. Seemed to be a common trend among the other diners.
- Food was good, but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2014Food was good, but service was a bit too slow despite of few customer presence.Special Features:
- Good for lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/28/2014Always quiet during lunch - service has been good and food fresh. Pricey but one of the better lunch options in the area if you want to sit downSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiChrisDined on 1/23/2014This place has it all - fresh, well-prepared fish, super friendly and helpful staff, clean and modern decor, and reasonable prices for the quality you get. This was the first time we ate there but we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful sushi hideouttamtamaramaDined on 1/17/2014I have visited Yuzu No Hana many times and continue to enjoy the experience. Great, fresh sushi, wonderful upscale atmosphere and friendly service.
- Another great lunch at YuzumissMcKesVIPDined on 1/13/2014I went here for lunch w/ my husband on a weekday at noon. The seaweed salad was tasty but portion size is quite small (its a single serving & not quite enough for sharing). The sashimi (salmon) was fresh and wonderful. The spicy salmon rolls were what you would expect (very good but nothing out of the ordinary). My husband had the chicken terrayaki. It was a generous portion of and came with miso soup, salad and rice. The restaurant was quite busy; service was good ,although the couple at the table beside us left without receiving their shrimp tempura, which they ended up cancelling because it took too long. I like this restaurant and i'll be back!Special Features:
- Go To for Special Occassionvivace38Dined on 12/31/2013I have been to Yuzu three times: for New Years Eves and a birthday. It is my fav sushi restaurant thx to the very fresh fish/food and preparation that doesn't taste like your wanna-be-sushi restaurant that is a dime a dozen. The slightly higher prices are well-worth it. The service is top-notch and attentive without being bothersome. Sitting beside the window on this recently frigid new year eve 2013 was not a problem because it was very toastily heated - which means that they DO consider the patrons comfort. A busy night so the noise level was a little high due to all the hard surfaces in the decor - but still bearable. Definitely will continue to dine at Yuzu - it's a special treat. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SurpriseHungryGirlVIPDined on 12/31/2013I found this place on OpenTable when looking for Japanese food in this area and it was a great surprise. I hadn't heard of it before but I will be back and will recommend it to others. All of our food was delicious and the service was very attentive. I like that they brought us cups of green tea as soon as we sat down - reminds me of the restaurants that we went to in Japan.Special Features:
- Great Food - service slowJuanValdezVIPDined on 12/29/2013Some of the best sushi in Toronto - I'm a repeat customer and this is my go-to now for higher quality sushi, but they seemed to be caught short staffed for what turned out to be a very busy Sunday night during the holidays, and service was painfully slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- okRonFoodieVIPDined on 12/23/2013Food and service were OK. Our server was not in a very festive mood. We were looking forward to having a wonderful meal here (given the recent chaos with power outages) but the sushirachi and the cod dish were sub par. We will likely not be back for more. :(Special Features:
- good sushilimeybritDined on 12/19/2013The sushi was very good - melt in your mouth nigri The open table reservation did work though - I booked the night before and they had no reservation for us upon arrival.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and authenticFirstTimerThereDined on 12/13/2013it was our first visit and won't be the last. It's always nice to know a GREAT Japanese restaurant and that one makes the cut hands down. The quality was felt throughout the meal. Even the wasabi was different. Each dish was decorated with taste, in both sense of the word. We started with both the scallops and the wakame (seaweed salad), then I had the deluxe sushi plate and my wife the standard sushi plate. We also shared a bottle of sake. The total bill including tax and tip was $120, which might seem high but that's because we had multiple courses and alcohol. The main plate was $20 or less. The atmosphere is quite romantic and would definitely go there for a special occasion, given the availability of theatres nearby, it's the best bet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once is not enough.nicknameDined on 12/12/2013We were very pleased with the quality of food, the variety, the pricing and the service. Yuzu is very close to actual Japanese cuisine and we will be sure to try their omikaze (chef prepared meal) the next time. In addition, the management was very cordial and inquired as to our level of satisfaction. We liked it so much we are going back for lunch today! Access is quite handy from major downtown Toronto hotels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for nice night outFoodLoverAnonymousDined on 12/6/2013Group of 2 for early dinner. Extensive sushi/sashimi menu- since neither of us are sushi connoisseurs our server was great with helping us choose based on our preferences. I wasn't a fan of the cheesecake, texture was like jello.. otherwise the sashimi and rolls were awesome. Service was timely and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent sushiMosliDined on 11/9/2013I took the Bento choice and my order was a really good portion, enough for someone who usually has a big appetite. Although Im not big on sashimi, Yuzu No Hana gave me an amazing experience, everything tasted fresh and just right, I highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service so-soAverageJoeDined on 11/9/2013Sushi was good, though far from the "best I've ever had" as some reviewers rated it. The service was poor: 6 people in the party, 5 ordered sushi and the 6th ordered teriyaki chicken.The sushi arrived promptly but the teriyaki did not arrive until everyone else was completely finished eating, even after asking 3 times if the teriyaki was ready... awkward dining experience as 1 guest sits and watches everyone else eat, and then everyone else sits and watches the last one eat. I don't go back to places where this happens (we go out to dine together, not in shifts). Definitely would NOT recommend this restaurant.
- Good sushi choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2013First I'll start by saying the quality of the sushi was excellent. Very fresh, and great presentation. This being said, I came in with high expectations because I am a weekly regular at their sister property, Japango. Because we were a group of five originally, I couldn't possibly book at Japango, so I thought I'd try this location. Unfortunately the service was not great. We had to call the server over multiple times, needed to remind them that we hadn't received a dish, and the prices seemed higher than Japango. Perhaps it was due to the location. Don't get me wrong, it was good, and I would go back, but I did expect better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was poor...weOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2013The service was poor...we have to ask for plates and the drinks we ordered more than once while the restaurant was not that buzy. Servers are just walking around. We also have to ask servers to fill our tea cups too. We were really disappointed at the service.The worst I have experienced in a Japanese restaurant. The food quality was good however compromised by the poor service.
- Great sushi and sesame ice creamMayoDined on 10/22/2013We went for my husband's bday dinner. It was lovely. The rolls were good but we loved the sushi and we found the black sesame ice cream to be great. Service is excellent. We will be back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.