Yuzu No Hana
236 Adelaide St W
Toronto, ON M5H 1W7Neighborhood:
Downtown / Entertainment District
JapanesePrice: CAN$30 and under
Yuzu No Hana
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yuzunohana.ca/
- Phone: (416) 205-9808
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 3:00 PM, Saturday: 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM, Sunday: 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00 PM - 10:30 PM, Friday - Saturday: 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Sunday: 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: Please contact us directly so we can offer some great options based on your catering needs. We can work with you and make it really special
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate from 12 to 50 seated and up to 100 people for cocktail parties on our private room located on our 2nd floor. We can work on your budget and requirements and help you create a great event for you. Please call us directly to discuss
- Private Party Contact: Yumiko 4162059808x
A word from Yuzu No Hana
The YUZUNOHANA experience is all about excellent food and drink, enjoyed in a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. We invite you to try ourContinued
contemporary japanese cuisine prepared by authentic Japanese way.
contemporary japanese cuisine prepared by authentic Japanese way.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Yuzu No Hana - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Entertainment District ›
Yuzu No Hana reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (34)good for groups (18)special occasion (18)neighborhood gem (14)romantic (11)great for lunch (7)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Some of the best Japanese in the city, bar none,SwiftDined on 11/19/2014It's very difficult to stand out in the crush of Japanese restaurants Toronto boasts, but Yuzu no Hana manages to offer both exemplary standards and wonderful original creations. Add a romantic atmosphere to excellent service, and you have a downtown gem you never need to think twice about. That is, unless you are looking for cheap eats!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotAvidSushiFanDined on 11/17/2014This restaurant is an excellent choice for authentic sushi fans to find very high quality fish, unique combinations. Quality is given greater value than quantity but that is not to be interpreted that the portions are small. Rather they are appropriate rather than supersized. The owner clearly demonstrates his true expertise and passion for food. Although would not describe Yuzu as high end depending on the selections it can be a bit costly. It is not a daily hangout but will be appreciated if you are in the mood for sushi that is at a level beyond the "typical" sushi spots that line our streets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theatre resto experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2014Decided to try out this spot for dinner before a theatre performance. Great sake, delicious food, nice ambiance. I had the osuimono and beef tartare bowl, and was very satisfied. Service was attentive and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful food presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/11/2014All dishes were beautifully presented and delicious. Service was a little disorganized however as 2 dishes were forgotten, and multiple people tried to take our order.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favourite spot for Japanese food!CenaVIPDined on 11/8/2014Yuzu no hana is one of the best places for Japanese food in Toronto! Great service, reasonably priced and lots of interesting selection. The asian pear with tofu salad was great to share as a starter. The sashimi deluxe, the eel, the black cod, the tempura sets we ordered were all excellent. YUZU maki (shrimp tempura, spicy scallop, avocado, tobiko, seared at table) was very interesting and one of our favourites!! Desserts such as yuzu creme brulee and sake cheese cake and drinks were pretty good too. Definitely will go back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Speedy service, nice vibeSushiDdictDined on 11/7/2014This is my 3rd time dining here at Yuzu, th experience and service remain the same and superb. However, as a japanese sushi lover, the variety and presentation of the food had gone down a little from my last year visit. Size of sashimi is still very generous but sushi and roll size had reduced significantly. Especially for sushi deluxe, it used to come with 12 pieces of different sushi + a decent sized spicy tempura roll. Unfortunately, there are repeated type of sushi and a small sized spicy tempura roll during my visit this time. For the spider roll($12), it is very small compared to any high end sushi restaurant. I had reflected all these to the server after paying the bill, hopefully they will improve the quality in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- photo ready foodalexDined on 10/25/2014Three of us went for our first visit, we had gyoza and grilled Yellow tail appetizers. Both were good but nothing special. For our mains two had the bento box and I had the sashimi platter. All the mains were very well presented eye candy and the taste matched. We were all full but were so curious we had to try the cheesecake and the green tea tiramisu.. We enjoyed them as well. Service throughout was attentive without being annoying. We enjoyed the meal and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We were party of four, with one kid and a friend from overseas who happen to be a connoisseur of Japanese food. Dinner exceed all expectations, food was absolutely delicious and service though a bit slow, very friendly and courteous. After the dinner we had a chance to have a word with chef, as my daughter wanted to thank him for delicious rolls. We were very pleased with our dinner. Will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Not On Par With the Food2eaterDined on 10/15/2014This food from this restaurant lives up to the reputation given to it from most reviews I have read - great quality, though portions are a touch small. Our letdowns came in the area of service. Granted, the servers are quick to come over when asked. But this is where things fell apart. The timing between dishes - the mains arrived while others were still eating their appetizer and the last main dish arrived about 10 mins after the first main dish made things very awkward. Other details, such as failure to refill water or tea resulted in my group continuously calling the wait staff. I will revisit the place again for a special occasion - to try the food here is worth another go and I'm sure the service was just having an odd day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service great sushiEatoutjunkieDined on 10/14/2014dinner before theater- excellent service, friendly but unobtrusive staff, sushi was fresh and delicious. Quite expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Japanese foodLauraVIPDined on 10/7/2014I haven't gone here for years and finally went back last week for dinner with my parents. The food was way better than I remember. I had the Yuzu Maki to share, which was served with flames, was pretty cool and entertaining. The tuna avocado tartare was really delicious and refreshing. For my main i had the Gindara, I've always been a fan of black cod, but rarely find a place that can nail it. They did. It was perfectly cooked and just melts in your mouth. It was like butter, so flavourful. Decent portion. Comes with rice n miso soup. My mom had the same and she really enjoyed it. My dad had the Nabeyaki udon, it was ok. A little bland for my liking, but at least they came with some togarashi. Definitely would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AshdbVIPDined on 10/6/2014Great food, efficient service! Def. a place for sushi loversSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, awful service.disappointeddinerDined on 10/4/2014Waited 15 minutes just to get a drink order, other servers told us to wait for our server despite her being nowhere to be found. Had to wait 45 minutes for food because we were forgotten about. Watched tables beside us arrive after and get served before we did. The waitress didn't even come back after giving us the bill. Got tired of waiting for her to come back with the machine so we just dropped exact change on the bill and left. Definitely a terrible experience and would not recommend it to anyone, no matter how good the food is.
- fish not properly cut/limp seaweedTorontonianVIPDined on 9/29/2014We ordered sushi and sashimi deluxe. Some of the fish weren't cut properly, so there were chewy bits inside. The squid sashimi was rubbery. We ordered uni handrolls, and though we sat just 10 feet from the sushi bar, and picked up the handrolls to eat right away, the seaweed was limp and soggy.
- Not worth the pricenewdinerDined on 8/31/2014Went here from other reviews. The first thing we noticed was the poor service. It took about 45 minutes for our food. When our food arrived, we were disappointed. We got a spicy salmon roll (at $7) and the sushi deluxe (at $31). The roll was extremely mayo-ie and the sushi didn't come close to other same-priced sushi places like Shinobu at Yonge and Lawrence. They were small and bland. Will not come back.
- Good place for a dateHmanDined on 8/30/2014A nicely decorated place perfect for a date, where the food will be ok and the atmosphere is very nice. It's not cheap. But nobody eats to much on dates anywaySpecial Features:
- Changing?UniLoverDined on 8/20/2014We've been going to Yuzu ever since it first opened, although not very often. It's a solid Japanese restaurant with fresh ingredients, aesthetic presentation and cost-performance. In the early years Chef Bu surprised us with his superb Omakase menus a couple of times. We could alway count on Yuzu's consistent performance. However, we were slightly disappointed at our latest visit - something has changed, unfortunately not for the better. Food was still better than the average Japanese restaurants in town, but the "flare" was gone. We ordered the 7-course Yuzu Dinner. Everything was above average, but nothing excellent or extraordinary. Perhaps new management? But servers were very friendly and attentive. We had a nice dinner nevertheless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unimpressed service & DinnerKcufmanVIPDined on 8/18/2014Four of us had the Yuzu dinner ($60 each) & it was a disappointment. Not only that most of the dishes are bite size & not much to shout about but we have to ask if we are getting the YUZU osuimono with clams (towards the end of the meal) which the waiter told us that he can give us miso soup. Then we didn't even get dessert and we were too tired to ask and WAIT for it!!! Seriously, for the same amount of $$$$ ($240++), I would have a much tastier and more enjoyable meal ordering a la carte. Two of my guests are visiting from OZ and they were definitely not coming back to Yuzu. I used to have good meals here and recommended them this place. I would like to have a feedback & a refund for bad service & food fulfilment.Special Features:
- High Quality Japanese FoodJapaneseVsItalianDined on 8/13/2014The sashimi was fresh and you can tell the quality of fish surpasses others. The food portion was reasonable consideration the price - I find it good value. The atmosphere was good but then more people joined in past 8pm even during mid-week, the restaurant became noisier. It wasn't too bad for regular social conservation but if you need a cozy corner, you have to pick a better spot. Overall, the experience is great and a comfortable place for good Japanese food. My friend likes the food - so I am happy!Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 7/28/2014The service was terrible, we never saw our waitress once orders were taken. Trying to flag her down was almost impossible, she ignored us and even forgot one of our dishes until we were able to ask for it well into the meal. The Otoro chef's special (which in nyc would only be about $5 a piece) was $20 for 2. Overpriced, bad service, average food.
- The following 79 reviews are from the Yuzu No Hana reviews archive.
- Fresh!janeDined on 7/27/2014Love the presentation and quality of the fish here! A favorite for sure !Special Features:
- Best sushi since KajiMikasDined on 7/26/2014Went for dinner with my wife and 8-year old son, and we all were satisfied. I got the sashimi/sushi moriawase, and the quality of fish was outstanding. Don't remember having better sushi outside of Kaji (many years ago). Terrific service too. Definitely will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent serviceschibeDined on 7/20/2014I like their food fresh and not pricey. My daughter is a picky eater and she loves there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in TOEmDineTODined on 7/18/2014Yuzu No Hana's never disappoints. Fresh, delicious sushi. Service was excellent. Still one of the best places of sushi in TO!Special Features:
- Pleasant and efficient sushiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014I've had a few lunches here. The sushi is always nice - not overwhelmingly outstandingly inventive, but tasty and pleasant, with nice touches. Definitely better than the typical Toronto sushi restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a special nightNoodleLoverTODined on 6/18/2014Ordered the Yuzu dinner tasting menu (7 courses, $60). Its a well-balanced menu, some nice surprises as the tataki salad. It's a nice option for a special dinner, a bit pricey to go frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentSushiQueenDined on 5/29/2014The sushi was great, I'm now a sake convert, and the staff was beyond pleasant, professional, and courteous. I will actually go out of my way, in future, to eat at Yuzu No Hana, and highly recommend it to friends, and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy Place in Nightclub DistrictPDarneauDined on 4/26/2014Small but busy place with large assorted menu. Food was excellent and reasonable in price. One of the best Unagi don I've had recently. Great dessert ice creams - blk sesame ice cream / red bean or green tea large Sake menu.Special Features:
- Nice small restauranthazeljadedakotaDined on 4/21/2014Took my bf for his birthday here because I read a lot of good reviews. Food was great! Really really loved the tuna avocado tartare! And the miso soup was one of the best I've ever had. I actually had 3 orders!! And 2 to go which they actually gave us for free! I think they ddnt charge us because we spent a lot. This place is not cheap but not too expensive either. Spent about $120 with some take out.Special Features:
- sandyuDined on 4/18/2014they had the wrong order, we ordered botan ebi and i repected 3-4 times, and we wait for a long time for the food to come. it turned out a ebi, and we still have to wait for a long time to come.
- Delicious FoodLooseWiresDined on 4/4/2014We ordered the 15 piece sashimi and it was extremely tasty, fresh and nicely cut. Each fish tasted amazing, however it was a little bit on the pricier side. We ordered the tiramisu and creme brule, both were AMAZING. BUT if I had to choose one, the creme brule would definitely be the winner. The wait staff was excellent, atmosphere was great. It was a nice cozy place to eat and have a date with, providing you are in good company.Special Features:
- If sushi kaji had a younger brotherGreatfoodsDined on 3/30/2014His name would be yuzu. Really yummy. Has now replaced emetei as our go to Japanese place downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best sushi in town for your moneyFussyDadDined on 3/29/2014Freshest, tastiest sushi I have ever tasted, and i've combed the city in search of the best... recommend spider roll, spicy tuna roll, sake sushi, yellow tail, and splurge on an O-toro! service was polite, efficient, on the mark and fast.Special Features:
- Always great sushiDerekVIPDined on 3/13/2014As always, one of the best sushi joints in Toronto. Not cheap by any means, but the quality is better than any that I've found. Make sure you ask the price of the specials – the Toro that I had was $25 for three pieces. I still would have ordered it because it was spectacular, but a bit of a surprise when the bill came!! A bit of a mixup with the reservation, but it got sorted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great "Hidden" Japanese RestauranthungryskepticVIPDined on 3/8/2014Yuzu No Hana is almost hard to find, with a small frontage on Adelaide. You walk up a small flight of stairs into a very pleasant, inviting space. The seating is close together but comfortable, and the staff are genuinely friendly and helpful. The menu is classic Japanese. The quality of the food and the presentation are both a step above most other high end sushi type restaurants. The sushi and sashimi are excellent, and the daily specials are often quite interesting. The appetizers and noodle dishes are also great. The chef offers some several course "chef's choice" options that never disappoint. I would recommend Yuzu No Hana to anyone who wants an excellent Japanese meal in a casual, cozy environment.Special Features:
- Japanese Go To PlaceSenorTomasVIPDined on 2/24/2014If you are looking for a casual, friendly and reasonably priced Japanese place downtown this is it. Food is very good, sashimi options are plentiful and very fresh. Staff are very friendly and I have been twice now and the place is always busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good good was lost by bad serviceJeffVDined on 2/15/2014We had a decent meal. But that was overshadowed and lost by the poor service. Seemed to be a common trend among the other diners.
- Food was good, but serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2014Food was good, but service was a bit too slow despite of few customer presence.Special Features:
- Good for lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/28/2014Always quiet during lunch - service has been good and food fresh. Pricey but one of the better lunch options in the area if you want to sit downSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiChrisDined on 1/23/2014This place has it all - fresh, well-prepared fish, super friendly and helpful staff, clean and modern decor, and reasonable prices for the quality you get. This was the first time we ate there but we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.