230 East 58th
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.yuvanyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 339-0090
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 11:30am-4:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am-3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday 5:30pm-11:00pm, Saturday & Sunday 4:00pm-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Dhandu Ram
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: For all occasion
- Private Party Facilities: Can book entire restaurant or number of seats needed.
- Private Party Contact: Kedar Shah 2123390090
- Entertainment: On occasion a live sitar, tabla and guitar
A word from Yuva
Owners Kedar Shah and Hritu Deepak have teamed up with Master Chef Dhandu Ram of the highly acclaimed restaurant “Bukhara” at the Maurya Sheraton in New Delhi, India to bring you the world famous Kebabs and Slow-Cooked dishes native to India’s frontiers. The restaurant is a tribute to India’s Open Fire Cooking where Chef Ram takes his patrons on a savory culinary tour of India that features specialties of his homeland bordering Afghanistan and Kashmir. Yes, the food is traditional frontier fare presented with New York flair, but the atmosphere is as far from the rugged rough and tough northwest frontier province as you can get! For a reveiw of this restaurant CLICK HEREContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Yuva reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (5)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)romantic (2)Show More
- great foodhaworthhoarderDined on 10/5/2014This was our third visit to Yuva. Food is excellent and from an extensive menu. Service and quiet ambiance also a major plus. Our favorite Indian restaurant in Manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKnycadamVIPDined on 8/28/2014I tried Yuva because I saw it on the list of "best in NYC" on another website. The restaurant is fine, and does offer some interesting items on the menu that you won't see at most other Indian restaurants. I would recommend it if you are in the beighborhood, but don't go out of your way.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingbklyndinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014Despite Zagat's positive review, we were very disappointed by our dinner at Yuva. The restaurant was empty on a Saturday night at 10:00 (one other party arrived some time after we did). Appetizers were not bad- the chicken wings were enjoyable, but the cauliflower fritters were gummy with excess batter. Two entrées were overcooked (lamb and chicken), which is often an issue at Indian restuarants. The Tandoori shrimp, however, were delicious. Not enough reason to return.Special Features:
- Consistently good Indian foodJenniferVIPDined on 7/31/2014I love their different naan flavors and their curries are all excellent!Special Features:
- The following 268 reviews are from the Yuva reviews archive.
- Poor food experiencehappytoeatVIPDined on 6/15/2014We were really excited to go to Yuva, but ended up being disappointed. It may be because we didn't order the typical Indian dishes, but expected that if Yuva was offering the dish, it should be good. The only things that were tasty was their mango lassis, samosas and the garlic naan. The butter chicken was tasteless, the saag paneer did not look appetizing, and the pakoras (if you could call them that) were hard like rocks. The saffron rice was bland. The service was excellent though. Not sure if we will come back.
- Great Indian foodDaveDined on 6/10/2014Service was impeccable, not haughty but friendly. Great suggestions, attentive and at the same time unobtrusive. Food was excellent. I had some simle plates and they were very good. Did not try anything to adventurous.Special Features:
- Superb service and great foodLittleMissFoodieVIPDined on 6/2/2014I made reservations at Yuva last Monday for my good friend and I to catch up over great food. It was my first time going and I loved it. I have to say that the manager is literally the best: I arrived earlier than my friend and while I waited at the bar, he offered me delicious Mango Lassi, on the house. Several, actually. Very kind and attentive to guests, indeed! The food was also very good; I ordered the Lamb Vindaloo and had no regrets. My friend and I were the only two at first, but as we sat and enjoyed ourselves into the later evening, the place filled up and was very atmospheric. Will definitely return. Thank you, Yuva!Special Features:
- Disappointing VisitNYKreeTeakerVIPDined on 5/28/2014A few doors east of the bustling Dawat on 58th, Yuva stood in stark contrast. I was the only diner on a Wednesday night between 6:30 and 7:00PM. It had been a few years since my last visit and it the bloom was off the rose. I used to really like Yuva with it's brightly colored condiments and creative Tandoori fare; however, this visit was disappointing at best. The Samosas were mushy and tasteless. My mixed Tandoori grill was truly mixed. The chicken dishes invoked that familiar tasty Bukhara Grill in Delhi vibe but the lamb was passed its sell by date and the shrimp was over cooked. As the meal went on it occurred to me that this was not the Yuva I once loved. Based on the lack of customer traffic I may not be the only one to know.
- Terrible service, food mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014We were attracted to the restaurant because it said they had the Chef from Bukhara in Delhi. But the service was terrible and despite us ordering different types of dishes for a group of 6 - they all tasted the same. For the price, the ambience was not worth it - too noisy. Not recommended.
- Great Midtown East IndianCaseyVIPDined on 4/7/2014My boyfriend & I went to Yuva to celebrate his new promotion at work. We wanted to find a spot that was more upscale than most Indian places and also offered cocktails (in addition to only the usual beer & wine fare that most Indian spots offer). Yuva hit the spot. The decor was much nicer compared to traditional Indian restaurants, white linen tablecloths, low lighting and candles. Cocktails were named and prepared with fare of the region; they were sweet and tasty but not strong enough to warrant the $10-12 price tag, IMO. Food was excellent, GREAT vegetarian selection. It came out quickly and piping hot. Servers were attentive but a little awkward in their interaction & not the most attentive w/water refills.Special Features:
- Quiet DiningLinaDinaDined on 3/28/2014The food was excellent & we wanted a quiet place where we could talk with old friends. I'm not sure what pre-concert/theatre feels like since our rez. was for 8:45 pm - but the place was almost empty & very quiet by that time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Indian FoodOmNomMomVIPDined on 3/28/2014I had a birthday dinner here and found the food and service to be very good. We had the fried okra for appetizer - plated very nicely with a small salad. Crispy, hot, thinly sliced - I thought I hated okra - but this was delicious. Shared mains included a mixed tandoori grill (ok but not stupendous - had mostly chicken, not enough onion) very good saag paneer, and excellent chicken vindaloo. Sides of jasmine rice and onion kulcha (bread). Serving sizes are quite large. Service was a little inattentive, had to ask for an order of lassi twice. Ambiance very nice - tablecloths. Also loved the assortment of chutneys as appetizer with crispy bread . Would come again. And order less!Special Features:
- Great food and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/15/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. The food and the service never disappoints! They are also always willing to accommodate any requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good indian foodFoodieVIPDined on 2/15/2014Restaurant was good in all aspects - service and food were fine. It seems similar to other indian restaurants.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wonderful staffOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/28/2013This restaurant is a pleasure - the staff is attentive and wonderful, the food is great - and novel - and the space is very comfortable and beautiful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yuva was You-nique and enjoyablemarkHDined on 12/24/2013on Christmas eve, the restaurant was quiet and not very full. As a result, the wait staff was incredibly attentive and went out of the way to ensure that my party of five was well cared for. The food and wine went well together and we walked away very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Royal treatmentpaprikajVIPDined on 12/12/2013We were with friends and were were all treated like kings. The waitstaff heard that we had a birthday so they brought a special birthday dessert. The food was wonderful and very reasonably priced. The waitstaff couldn't do enough for us. I haven't been that well treated in a restaurant for a long time.
- Great food, great serviceMACourtVIPDined on 11/27/2013This was our first time at this restaurant and everyone in my party loved it. Every course was delicious-appetizers, entrees and desserts. The service was very attentive. We will definitely be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were drawn to Yuva by theWillaCDined on 11/22/2013We were drawn to Yuva by the aromatic fragrance of its kitchen filling our room at the B&B above it (Ivy Terrace B&B). The environment at Yuva was serene and the staff friendly and attentive. Our chicken tika masala was quite good and the naan was excellent. Our spinach/lamb dish went half finished. The portions were noticeably small. However, we were satisfied with our experience and will return on our next stay at the B&B.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING FOODHmanVIPDined on 11/15/2013I love Yuva! This is my third time eating there. The food is always great. Definitely try their Dal Mahkani and order the Tandoori Paneer or Kasta Kachori as an appetizer. The dessert was great also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food hereJPWestchesterDined on 11/15/2013There are several Indian restaurants in this street but the food here stands out. Service is a bit uneven but very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!! A must!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/9/2013This was our 3rd time there and it has now become our favorite Indian restaurant. The service was superb and the food delicious as always.Special Features:
- great food and service.TastaliciousDined on 10/17/2013The food was so delicious. We didn't have space for dessert after eating all the great food, but the awesome manager wanted us to try the specialty so gave us some on the house. It was AWESOME! Service across the board was very good and attentive. Food was great and I love all the different sauces they have. Drinks were good - and though bartender takes some time to make the drinks, its cause he is paying careful attn to each drink - they are very well made.Special Features:
- Indian food on 58th StShellyS38VIPDined on 10/2/2013There are three Indian restaurants on 58th St. This is one of the more expensive ones. Although the quality of the food and the preparations are very good the menu is pricey for that type of food. Service is lackluster and inattentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/25/2013Thankfully the service was great however the food was unremarkable. The rice must have been cooked over about 20 times before it came to me. The samosas were very doughy too.
- Haute northern indianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/21/2013Despite a group of fairly critical foodies, all thought it an excellent dinner. The dishes were aromatic and delicately cooked, with high quality meat. Dishes from the tandoor came out literally sizzling. Pleased to find a few dishes less usually found on Indian menus. Tasty and generously alcoholic house drinks. Very pleasant, friendly, and prompt service. Helpful in pointing to dishes picky kids would eat (and they did!). Only negative: lamb vindaloo was 2 out of 10 on the heat scale - wish they'd asked how we wanted it. Despite that, gets our highest rating.Special Features:
- Loved it!davidjenisonVIPDined on 7/11/2013We usually stick to the curries, but since this place seems to be famous for tandoori, we went with one curry and the sampler Yuva Platter (full of tandoori-cooked meats), and we loved it. Even if you usually stick with curries, try one of their fire-roasted meats. We really enjoy it.Special Features:
- Beware bait and switch tacticsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2013I had looked at Yuva's on-line menu before we arrived at the restaurant. A number of attractive wine selections seen on-line were not present in the restaurant's wine list. The waiter (Maitre d'?) laughed off my complaint about this, saying that they had not updated their on-line menu in a long time. I found this reply completely unsatisfactory. The restaurant wine list contained NO per-glass prices. When informed that we wanted to order sparkling wine by the glass, the waiter gave us a verbal per-glass price, a practice I again found unsatisfactory. Some appetizers and main dishes listed in the on-line menu were not shown on the restaurant menu (and vice versa). The excellent food made up for these annoyances somewhat but not entirely.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss it!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/8/2013If you want good food, good service, then this is the place to go to for authentic Indian food. It has become our favorite Indian restaurant. Do try their assorted chicken platter in the appetizer section, our favorite is the Malai and the Haraa baraa chicken. Their black pepper chicken in the main course is to die for. BonAppetit!!Special Features:
- Always empty but fantastic food!NYCAngelsVIPDined on 6/5/2013I can't figure out why there is nobody ever in here, but that makes it easy to get the same table we always want. The staff was wonderful in helping us navigate away from some hidden dairy that I never knew was in there in a few dishes. The food there is always amazingly delicious. I only wish it was on the west side, it's sssooooooooo far over there...Special Features:
- A clean, bright Indian restaurantNicknameVIPDined on 5/7/2013A clean, bright Indian restaurant (bright at lunchtime, at least) serving food that's acceptable but, based on one lunch, nothing out of the ordinary.
- Had the lamb which was overcookedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/5/2013Had the lamb which was overcooked and tough. The flavors were good but could use more heat. Service was very attentive though
- The Lamb special was deliciousjennybnyc230VIPDined on 4/1/2013The Lamb special was delicious as was the homemade rice pudding. Service was excellent. Dal, rice and paneer were rather bland.
- My favorite Indian restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/30/2013This has becoming my favorite Indian restaurant by now. I love everything about it. The food, the service, and above all the ambiance.Special Features:
- Bought a group on coupon,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/20/2013Bought a group on coupon, they do not honor what was written on the coupon which is pre-fix dinner. It was misprinted!!!That's embarassing, will never go back and recommend to a friend. Stay away!!!
- Great find in midtown Manhattan!SkyronDined on 3/9/2013Our new instant favorite Indian restaurant! My wife and I love Indian food, have been to India, and will come back to Yuva again and again. The food here is more interestingly prepared and spiced than the average Indian restaurant, even if, as we do, you already like the average Indian restaurant. Specialty drinks are also delicious-we loved the mango and "X-rated" martinis. The service was attentive and delightful and our waiter did not hesitate to steer us away from drinks or dishes he did not think we would enjoy. The atmosphere is lovely and well lit with beautiful Indian wall sconces. Yuva is a great find in midtown Manhattan!Special Features:
- Food was extremely tasty.LMoskVIPDined on 3/7/2013Food was extremely tasty. The menu is heavy with meat choices. We do not eat meat and the staff and chef was very accommoding in making seafood/veggie choices for us and the food was delicious.
- Meal was terrible. Lamb pasandaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/5/2013Meal was terrible. Lamb pasanda was tough. Can't they ever figure out hot to make lamb tender. The chicken dish with yogurt, also was poor.
- I enjoyed my time at Yuva.Bar14VIPDined on 1/26/2013I enjoyed my time at Yuva. My waiter was very attentive and I received my order in a timely manner.Special Features:
- I've been going to Yuva sinceDesignChickDined on 12/19/2012I've been going to Yuva since it's first days. Simply the best Indian food in the entire city!Special Features: