Yusho - Monte Carlo
3770 Las Vegas Blvd S
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Monte Carlo Hotel & Casino
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Yusho - Monte Carlo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.yusholv.com/
- Phone: (702) 730-6888
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
Dinner: Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Asian, Japanese, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Matthias Merges
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine
A word from Yusho - Monte Carlo
Recently named the Best New Strip Restaurant by Las Vegas Weekly, Yusho Japanese Grill & Noodle House serves up the simple flavors of Japanese-inspired street food--no glamour required. A hot grill provides intense flavors from seasonal proteins and vegetables, grilled to order over a chattering, hissing fire.Continued
Beer, wine and sake selections compliment the fresh-grilled flavors. Craft cocktails, wines and spirits are chosen for customized meal pairings. Experiment and discover!
Beer, wine and sake selections compliment the fresh-grilled flavors. Craft cocktails, wines and spirits are chosen for customized meal pairings. Experiment and discover!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Yusho - Monte Carlo - Best Restaurants in Monte Carlo Hotel & Casino ›
Yusho - Monte Carlo reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (19)late-night find (11)good for groups (10)hot spot (8)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (5)neighborhood gem (5)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (2)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Okay food, Ramen was not greatatlfoodieVIPDined on 11/15/2014Went for dinner. It is located inside Monte Carlo. I have visited several restaurants for ramen but the ramen here had a weird after taste. The grilled food looked good but I didnt order so I can't speak to taste. The cocktails were good.
- Overall great experience!AnnaVIPDined on 11/3/2014The food was great! I had the Logan Poser Ramen and it was delicious!!! The staff was amazing and very quick. The restaurant was not too busy at the time of our arrival which was great for us because we were in a hurry to catch a show at the neighboring casino. Our waitress was wonderful. She took our order and made sure the kitchen staff knew that we were in a time crunch. Fast service and great quality food! Couldn't ask for a better experience.Special Features:
- IllmaticDined on 11/1/2014Excellent waitstaff, great food, good portions. Great food and service. Used myvegas slots rewardsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIDDEN GEMDebbieDined on 10/17/2014We went to Yusho's because after a long day of traveling, we really didn't feel like traveling to far for a late meal. I looked at the menu and wasn't really impressed, but when I started looking at the plates coming out of the kitchen, I was surprised. Everything we ordered exceeded our expectations. We started with Miso soup which was flavorful and had a lot of fresh mushrooms. We also had the DIY Spicy Tuna as an appetizer. It was incredibly delicious and I was sorry we didn't order 2 - one for each of us. We shared the HAMACHI KAMA THAI PEANUT, COCONUT SLAW.. WOW, this dish was the biggest surprise of all. The yellowfin tuna shoulder was out of this world and it was the perfect size portion. I would definitely recommend this place,Special Features:
- Don't judge a book by its coverbasilvodkaDined on 10/11/2014We were pleasantly surprised this past weekend when we ended up at Yusho-Monte Carlo. We started out for a nice Sushi dinner with friends for their Anniversary. When we arrived we were disappointed to find out that Yusho is not a sushi restaurant however our server did a outstanding job at convincing us to give them a try; they did not disappoint us at all. We ordered the Chef's Tasting Menu and we were blown away with every course & certainly didn't leave hungry. The only negative critique that we have is that their juvenile logo is very deceiving the food far exceeds the perception. The Japanese pancake dish with over 40 ingredients is amazing and the Thai curry ice cream was a delightful end to the meal! We highly recommend Yusho.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic MealJoMa17Dined on 9/11/2014My wife and I opted for a 4-course meal at the chef's discretion. Every plate was superb, both in preparation and presentation. The service was excellent; our server was very attentive without being overly so, knowledgeable, and personable. In addition to the food, they also have a unique drink menu with Japanese microbrews and an assortment of casked, housemade cocktails.Special Features:
- Secret Gem on the StripKYGuyDined on 9/7/2014Wow! Went there not knowing what to expect. Left with a night that you brag about to your friends. Great food with some cool twists and turns. A wait staff that would rival a 5 star restaurant. I don't usually eat at places like this. But our group enjoyed ordering different dishes we all could share. It turned a pretty boring night in to a cool time out with my team. Thanks, Yusho!Special Features:
- Gem Find for a Wonderful ExperienceWhyNotTheBestDined on 9/3/2014The highest quality food served by exciting, personable, knowledgeable professionals. The warm and inviting entrance take you out of the fun bustle of the resort entrance into an oasis of new flavors hosted by friendly professional guides. My guides helped me select and understand the refined quality of Japanese cuisine in a way that made me enjoy it better than any Angus Burger or Hot Artichoke dip I’ve inhaled before. There’s so much more (better) food out there if we open ourselves to try it, and take the time to enjoy it. I thought it couldn’t get better until the dessert arrived, made with fresh melon from California. That dessert had more melon flavor in one bowl than all the melon I’ve eaten in my life before that moment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Japanese Street FoodJemmyVIPDined on 9/3/2014The menu was exciting and delicious. We tasted things we have never heard of and each dish was very good. We want to go back and try some of the other small plates. The stuffed chicken wings was outstanding and don't let the name "fried chicken skin" scare you - they were awesome!Special Features:
- FantasticBASONDined on 8/31/2014Simply fantastic. Went on a Friday. so good we took friends back on Sunday. One of the best meals I have had in a while. Will be a staple for every Vegas trip. 2X fried chicken and Monster Ramen are must tries, but there was nothing on the menu we did not like. JenJari (may be spelling that wrong) was great server and we specifically asked for her second time around. Place will be packed once eveyone realizes how good it is.Special Features:
- Amazing KimchiSouthPawVIPDined on 8/26/2014For being in a casino I would consider this a pretty laid back, kid friendly place if you are trying to find somewhere to take the family. The food is AMAZING. Brought back all of the college days surviving on Ramen, but with an awesome grown-up take. We had the fennel/radish kimchi-I could have eaten a massive bowl of this stuff. The chicken drummies were amazing and the cocktails are great too! I would definitely recommend. Hope to come back for our birthdays in January! The service was also really great. Overall, very welcoming, very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/14/2014My husband has been dying to eat here, so we finally went this weekend. I have to say, the food is definitely not my cup of tea, but he loved it. It's not your typical Japanese restaurant with chicken teriyaki and fried rice. All I really liked were the chicken wings, which had a great flavor. My husband had some ramen, fried chicken, octopus, fried chicken/salmon skins, shisito peppers (too lemony for me), and doughnuts.We also had a coupon for a free round of sake, and that was pretty good actually. They are changing some of the items on the menu any day, and some of the new items sound good. I think if you like non-traditional food, and like to try new things, this would be a great place for you. By the way,the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Yay for Yusho!TimetoDineDined on 8/7/2014We wanted to try a new place and decided on Yusho. What a great dining experience in a fun and casual setting. Loved the varied food choices (oysters, pork belly, steam buns, etc.)and every item we selected (mostly small plates) was extremely flavorful. The sake selection was good as well and food came to the table piping hot. The wait staff was very nice and customer focused. We cannot wait to come back to Vegas to dine at Yusho again. Yay for Yusho!Special Features:
- The following 19 reviews are from the Yusho - Monte Carlo reviews archive.
- Great food!NoDramaDined on 7/25/2014Great unique food, knowledgable staff. Look forward to coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but rushed serviceSheriDined on 7/12/2014Food was great except for the ramen dish - the broth was supposed to be a lobster broth but had too much tomato paste in it. Stick to the steam buns and all the small plates on the menu - more variety and fun to eat - skip the noodle dishes. Also, if you order many small plates, which is the way to go, tell the waiter not to bring everything out at once - they started bringing our food out before they had even brought out my glass of wine? And within 6 minutes of ordering we had all our dishes - as soon as they brought out the first 3 small plates, I said "thank you, I think we have enough food for now" but then another waiter showers up with the rest of our plates within a minute of me requesting a slow down on the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/1/2014Tried this restaurant based on a review that John Curtis did on it. And I can tell you, that it is and was a great find.Special Features:
- Love the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014We make a reservation an hour before we arrived there. Waitress is really good and nice. My hubby like his lobster both noodle. but I found mine is too much soup in my noodles and taste too sour. I prefers a tradition miso soup noodles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple and TastyfoodiefriendDined on 6/28/2014Simple street food in a sit down environment. Nice flavors that meld seamlessly with each dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant and deliciousTamBDined on 6/27/2014The staff was fantastic and attentive. My boyfriend did comment on how they announce each dish when it arrives to the table. I kind of liked that, he did not. We had the 2X fried chicken, corn, skewered chicken and steam buns. The fried chicken was burnt. Yes it's friend twice but it was tough. Not sure if that can be avoided. The corn was delicious. and the buns presented in an unusual manner but good.Special Features:
- 3's a charmnordicaVIPDined on 6/22/2014Our third visit to this new, on-Strip izakaya, Yusho again delivered as promised...delicious and well prepared 'small-plates' of Japanese street food...sweet scallops, tuna tartar, great grilled tofu steak w/ pineapple, wonderful assorted pickles and of course, 'poser' ramen. A good selection of draught cocktails, sake and beer round out the 'fun factor'! Friendly service overall, try to get a table by the windows and watch the circus scene walk by in all it's Las Vegasness!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinnerMeatventuresDined on 6/18/2014We actually came across Yusho because we had some coupons for dining at the Monte Carlo and we couldn't be happier that we did - and that we didn't miss out as it was a new location. The food was soooo good - excellent recommendations from our server included the tuna and the stuffed chicken wings. The Cod bun and the pork ramen were also favourites - the stand out dish for the "what just happened?!?" Factor was the veggie tempura - I know, simple dish but with a wow factor. Every server and staff member was super attentive, positive and responsive. Made for an even better experience - we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All About FlavorBBQJerryDined on 6/10/2014I haven't had such flavorful, inventive food and drinks in a long time. The scallops and 2X fried chicken were highlights of the meal. The fresh, raw scallops were sliced thinly and topped with soy salt crystals that provided a pleasing and crunchy counterpoint. The chicken came boneless, modestly spiced and tender--the perfect vehicle for the incredible kanzuri dipping sauce, a deep, pungent pepper paste made smooth and silky with the addition of crème fraiche. The show-stopper of the meal however was the Logan poser ramen. I have the good fortune to live in Vancouver, where excellent ramen is easy to find. This version ranks high on the list of the best I've had. The cocktails are also fantastic. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Logan Poser Ramen!RavenousRavenDined on 6/1/2014The Logan Poser Ramen was amazing! The presentation was very pretty, with the delish. Pork and Nori. On top. Service was excellent. It's a bit pricey for the amount if food you get, but worth it at least once. We had a deal from My Vegas, buy one ramen get one free. Looks like they have amazing drinks, but I quit months ago. I would like to go back and gave the ramen again, with chicken wing app. And coffee ice cream, with caramel and pop rock dessert. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find, Outstanding FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 5/16/2014We were staying at the Monte Carlo, and found that Yusho had just opened. What a great place! The service was fantastic, our server made some excellent selections, the octopus, chicken wings and most surprising of all, the quacky mountain oysters were all fantastic. We also had Ichiban Shibori yellow can saki over ice with cucumber (again at our server's recommendation), what a great drink in the 104 degree heat. Definitely give it a try!Special Features:
- Great first impressionjoshDined on 5/8/2014I dined at Yusho for my birthday. We sat outside, the weather was nice, but there was no views to speak of, unless sidewalks and people watching is your thing. The restaurant is casual, however the food is not. We tried many of the small plates, stand outs included the octopus, crab fried rice, and logan poser ramen. The only dish that missed the mark was the grilled root vegetables, which turns out is a salad, it's the only thing we didn't finish. Our server, who's name I don't remember, was enthusiastic and engaging. The cost of the meal with a bottle of sake, was $265 for three people. I look forward to going back.Special Features:
- A Truly Memorable ExperienceBigAndyDined on 4/29/2014A unique experience with Japanese "street food." Sort of like Tapas or Dim-sum, but Japanese. Every entree was savory and filled with flavor. The service was outstanding! Every worker we encountered was a veritable encyclopedia of information about the restaurant, the food and the drinks. Another unique experience was their "Barrel style" cocktails which are traditional cocktails mixed in 20 gallon batches with some exotic additions and then re-carbonated to perfection. These drinks are truly "magical."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnonDined on 4/25/2014Portions are very small. This is not your typical Japanese cuisine! Went around 9 pm on a Friday night and it was almost completely empty...hope it catches on--server was AWESOME!!Special Features:
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014The food was amazing. The entire staff was extremely informed about the menu, which was helpful. There were several items that I was not familiar with that were described to perfection. In fact, many of the items we ordered were based on the server's advice. Most of what we ordered was served tapas style, to be shared. The grilled duck breast and the miatake ramen were unbelievable. The flavors were very complex yet the dishes were served in a simple and straight forward way. I can't say enough good things about this place. It is the best restaurant I have been to in Las Vegas, by a landslide. This food is not to be missed and the the selection of sake is the best I have seen.Special Features:
- Great new place!WomieVIPDined on 4/14/2014Heard about this restaurant on twitter. Having only been open for a few days, they met every standard. Our favourites (besides the stellar service!) were the duck, tofu donuts and steamed buns. Not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new itzakaya on the StripnordicaVIPDined on 4/13/2014Japanese street food, bubbling ramen bowls, draught cocktails, soothing sake...this is Yusho Las Vegas and I highly recommend giving it a shot! Lots of small plates from octopus salad, incredibly light veggie tempura and even foie gras start your adventure. But save room for some fresh, unctuous ramen or bbq chicken thighs or wonderful hamachi collar. Big, bold flavors (occasionally a bit over salted), good choice of seating options, including a great patio overlooking the Strip, and excellent service make Yusho a welcome addition to this crazy piece of Vegas real estate...we wish them good fortune!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great (non-sushi) Japanese cuisine!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/10/2014On the recommendation of one of my most-trusted foodies, I visited Yusho days after it opened. It is FANTASTIC. The draft cocktails are fabulous (and deceptively strong!), and the menu is FABULOUS. Do it as a tasting menu and share with your friends, you'll enjoy it more that way. We started with the pickles, which were so good we had to have seconds, and proceeded to try everything from the buns (I adored the cod!), to the grilled octopus salad, to the ramen and twice friend chicken. There was not a dish I didn't love. We even had seconds of the soft serve! Lastly, the prices were very reasonable (for Vegas).The four of us ate until stuffed, had two cocktails each for $360 (with tip!). GO NOW before it's too busy to get a table.Special Features:
- Fantastic food unmatched cocktails!MarkahunaDined on 4/9/2014We had a group of 6 and tried nearly everything on the food menu and did manage to try every cocktail. Everything was amazing but you could not go wrong with their chub sausage and the ramen. We liked it so much we went back the next night and plan on making it a regular spot for any trip to Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.