Yum Cha - Grand Hyatt Kauai
1571 Poipu Road
Poipu, HI 96756Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Yum Cha - Grand Hyatt Kauai
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://kauai.hyatt.com/en/hotel/dining/YumChaAsianEatery.html
- Phone: 8087421515
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm; Closed Sunday/Monday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian
- Executive Chef: Reno Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Yum Cha - Grand Hyatt Kauai
Delight your tastebuds with our unique Asian Fusion Cuisine. Yum Cha's casual, family-style dining atmosphere and reasonable prices make it a local favorite. Our name refers to a dining experience where tea is sipped as a varied selection of dishes is savored. Chef Zach's new menu is freshly infused with inventive flavors from recent travels to China, Korea and Japan. Offering an eclectic mix of small plates and large plates, whether it's Kalua Pork Spring Rolls or Wok-fried Lobster and Prawns, there is something for everyone. Come for one-of-a-kind Asian Fusion cuisine and sip on delicate teas or creative cocktails like the lychee infused martini . Located at the Poipu Bay Golf Clubhouse, next to the Grand Hyatt Kauai.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Yum Cha - Grand Hyatt Kauai reviews from OpenTable diners
- Sad to see them closeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/3/2014Such great food for local people and those visiting. It was good to see the local support. Wish they would stay open.Special Features:
- Lunch or dinner overlookingAndreaVIPDined on 12/21/2013Lunch or dinner overlooking Poipu Bay Golf Course with of course rainbows. Great food tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to disappointDrOhNoVIPDined on 12/20/2013We come to Kaua'i once a year and never miss eating at Yum Cha. The food is very fresh and flavorful - a mxi of different Asian styles, something for everyone. Reservations definitely required. It's in the clubhouse of the Grand Hyatt's golf course (Poipu Bay), so it's removed from the hustle and bustle of the resort and parking is close and convenient. We always enjoy it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum Cha was the best restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/4/2013Yum Cha was the best restaurant experience on Kauai. Last visit they were closed for renovations. Had eaten there the time before. Food was OUTSTANDING, especially the sizzling pork. Harry our server was amazing, attentive, and knowledgeable. So sorry to hear it is permanently closing in January.Special Features:
- Food was not that tastefulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/2/2013Food was not that tasteful - needed more spice. Portions were huge - too huge and I ate about 1/3 of my serving. Staying in a hotel, I didnt take leftovers. Overall, not really worth the money.
- Our "go-to" placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/30/2013We are locals and Yum Cha is our favorite restaurant on the island. Eliza (the Manager) and her staff are always friendly and welcoming. The food is always fresh and delicious, and the Ginger Martini is refreshing. Gorgeous sunset views of the golf course and mountains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointedEsalitaDined on 10/29/2013We go to Yum Cha whenever we visit Kauai and we always love it! The portions are not large and we generally share the entrees family style. Our waiter was Larry again, he is so honest and genuine and provides very good service. Our food is always hot and always delicious! we started with the hot and sour soup and Yum Cha has the best I have ever had! great as usual!Special Features:
- Great food. We recommend theSunset1Dined on 10/19/2013Great food. We recommend the crab pancake. It's was great. Our waiter Tim made the experience much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hotel restaurantwildrydVIPDined on 10/19/2013Nothing special here, many better options on the grounds like Tidepools. Might be a good place to take kids as it seemed like everyone there was a family with kids.Special Features:
- Plus and minusesTrupsDined on 10/17/2013Lychee Martini very good. Staff was friendly and attentive. Crab fried rice was tasty and good portion size. However with all the hype on this restaurant was looking for much more than okay. We thought pricey for what you get. But the food was good. Can't complain.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum ChaPikachewDined on 10/12/2013It was a wonderful experience. I usually go there for dates, and the food is always to die for. I noticed a menu change from the last time I was there. I really appreciated the tea list they used to have, but even without it the fancy teapots was a nice touch. The portions of food they give is also very large, which is nice for groups but since there was only two of us, the appetizers filled us up too quickly. The ambiance was beautiful, the service was great, and I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We first tried Yum Cha lastkauiamarathon20192020Dined on 8/30/2013We first tried Yum Cha last year when we stayed at the Hyatt Hotel. The service and food and ambience was perfect and the prices were reasonable enough to make you want to come back again during the same vacation stay. We will always make Yum Cha a special dining experience whenever we come to the beautiful island of Kauai.Special Features:
- Two steps above Panda ExpressSFJoeVIPDined on 8/29/2013Open table does not publish negative reviews of restaurants so I expect this one to not go as well.
- Delish Asian DinnerCandisDined on 8/24/2013The Grand Hyatt has a quick shuttle from the main hotel to the resaturant that shares space with the clubhouse restaurant 5 nights a week. We came in a few minutes before closing and service was friendly and the food came out very fast, which was perfect since we were famished. Veggie tempura, fried rice, chicken satay and a beef dish were served family style, tasted fresh and light and the drinks were mixed well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot to trykauaimamaDined on 8/23/2013Made a reservation for Yumcha and was seated promptly when we arrived. The restaurant is not located at the hotel but a little after it at another location. Very cool rickshaw outside and fun lighting with nice landscaping. The inside wasn't anything spectacular but our server was awesome. Very friendly and helpful and attentive. The food was flavorful and good and was nice portions. The prices were a little high along with our final bill. I am glad that we tried it but I don't know if I would return.Special Features:
- Stayed at the Grand HyattmsclumsymeDined on 8/21/2013Stayed at the Grand Hyatt Resort and went to Yum Cha because it's on the property. Was disappointed, the food was not up to par with the other restaurants at the resort. The service was good and the food wasn't horrible but it wasn't that good either, especially for the amount you pay.
- Top quality ChineseScwufmVIPDined on 8/20/2013We live in NYC so appreciate great Chinese. Yum Cha is very, very good. The staff is friendly and always ask about food allergies, which they take very, and in the friendliest of ways. The restaurant is as unappealing visually-vanilla as you can get. Yes, it's comfortable, but its just a big room, that's it. As part of the (fantastic) Grand Hyatt, expect lots of noisy kids. The food however, is worth it all, and the high end wines by the glass are a welcome surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticDavegasmanVIPDined on 8/8/2013Discovered this restaurant the last night of our vacation. Generous portions of very well prepared and presented food. One of the best places we found on the south shore and probably the most reasonably priced !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service so-so foodBurlingtonVIPDined on 8/3/2013The wait staff was very friendly and attentive. The food was good, but far from special. The appetizers (salad and pork in a lettuce leaf) were just OK, The fish was fresh and well prepared, but the green beans (locally sourced we were told) were old.Special Features:
- The service was professional!Theredpanda8Dined on 7/27/2013The service was professional! The food came at the perfect times and was delicious! I would recommend this to all of my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and experience!cynwalDined on 7/26/2013Yum Cha is a great restaurant! I'm a local Kauai resident, and this is one of my favorite spots. The food is absolutely delicious and beautifully presented. And the chef always makes an effort to accommodate my food allergies. The view overlooking the 18th Green of the Poipu Bay Golf Course is fantastic. And the servers are friendly and appropriately attentive. Yes! Yum Cha provides an all-around exceptional dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum Cha is YummyJCBStGeorgeDined on 7/25/2013We always enjoy a Yum Cha dinner when we are on Kauai. Last night was a birthday dinner and Yum Cha did not disappoint. We had potstickers, spoon tender short ribs, and steamed mahi mahi with brown and white rice. All were delicious. Our server was friendly, funny and attentive but not overly so. He gave our birthday honoree a free piece of sweet potato cheesecake which had outstanding taste. Overall an enjoyable dinner and evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and service!!!kauaifoodieVIPDined on 7/20/2013The service and food were 5 STAR!!! the only thing that lacked here was the interior design- It was clean and nice, but not copacetic for a nice pan asian restaurant. I will return and spread the word.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food here was fantastic....forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2013The food here was fantastic....for omnivores. Both my husband and son LOVED their entrees, as did our daughter. My vegan dish (noodles with tofu) was so-so. The edamame app was delish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Yum ChaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2013Food was excellent. Portions are enough for two. Relatively inexpensive when compared to other restaurants at the Grand Hyatt.Special Features:
- Would not recommendTahoerunDined on 6/27/2013Although our server was fantastic...she could not control the poor quality of food. The appetizers were bland at best and the pad tai was a lump of noodles. We also ordered a beef dish that was over sauced and thick with corn starch. Cocktails were good but pricey and wine had about a 100 %+++ markup. Although a pretty view overlooking the golf course, it needs a major food overhaul...very disappointing to have eaten there on our last night in Kauai.
- Tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2013Yum Cha is a definite for entertaining, family style dining of tasty asian fusion. The duck bao appetizer was yummy! Desserts were a highlight, loved the chocolate tiramisushi and sweet potato cheesecake. Service was attentive and accommodating. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodLovedKauaiDined on 6/18/2013The beef schezuan was good but too gingery for me. The green papaya salad was good but it was not what I expected. I expected green papaya slices and whole dried shrimp on a bed of greens but it was shredded green papaya that looked like noodles and I couldn't see or taste any shrimp. The tiramasushi was a excellent dessert though.Special Features:
- Flavorful experienceMauisushiDined on 6/7/2013The food had very bold flavors. Maybe too much for people who aren't accustomed to the island pallet. But overall it is a dining experience that a visitor and/or even a local should experience while on the island of Kauai.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/30/2013I had the short ribs and they were fantastic. Great taste and super moist. My wife had Pad Thai and she said it was the best she had ever had. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow kitchenTheatergoerVIPDined on 5/29/2013We asked the waiter if he could tell us when our food might arrive after having waited half an hour and were not impressed when he told us it would arrive when it was ready! He went on to add that the kitchen doesn't tell the waiters how long the food will take. When the food finally arrived it was delivered by the manager who informed us that some dishes take longer to prepare (my steamed fish was apparently the culprit). It would have been nice to know that when we ordered as we would have asked for our daughter's dish to come out right away as she was very hungry. The food was delicious.
- What Difference does it makeBcn52Dined on 5/28/2013This restaurant is part of Hyatt and we were asked at least three if we were staying at the Hyatt, which we were not. We had requested a table by the window, which we did not get and feel it was because we were not stay there. The food was excellent and service was good and we spent as much or more than those who were staying there. It should not make a difference if we are stay at the Hyatt or not. We made our reservation and followed there protocol.Special Features:
- ConsistantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/18/2013Being local, we see how the quality of food and service can vary. Yum Cha has been consistently good. The restaurant has large windows which look out over a lake and golf course toward the mountains. The service is always great and the food is excellent.Special Features:
- One of my favorites on islandOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/14/2013The setting is open and airy with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the 18th hole of the Poipu Golf Course. If possible, try to arrive before the sun goes down so you can enjoy the view. Our server, Rory, was terrific with offering suggestions of his favorites like the Ginger Martini-a must have for cocktail connoisseurs. For dinner, we tried the Pork Sui Mei, the Tempura Shrimp, Chicken Pad Thai as well as the Short Rib entree. There was enough food for three people and it was delicious! We ended the meal with a Kona coffee fried ice cream, which was perfect! I am fortunate enough to live close by so I'll be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above averageSoniDined on 5/11/2013Went there 5/11/2013 because of all the positive reviews. Overall the appetizers were decent but portioned for 1 person, not for sharing. The wonton was not impressive. The duck was ok but slathered in sauce. Side dishes were ok but again nothing to rave about. Tempura veg/ shrimp.. I wouldn't order the shrimp again as the serving was 3 small shrimps disguised to look proportio on a plate 5x it's size. The beef also tasted .. Like fast food made to look gourmet. Desserts also was mediocre. Had the fried Ice cream which was proportional and heavy but not a Wow. Service was great! Wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Yumtable4twoDined on 4/24/2013Beem here a few times, Tempura is delicious and very plentiful! Always fun to try the different Sakes.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013Excellent dining experience for our 20th wedding anniversary. Food, service & ambiance were unbelievable.Special Features:
- Most of the food is too sweetOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/23/2013Most of the food is too sweet and too greasy and pretty expensive for Asian food. The room is too big and without character. Will not return.
- The food was excellent, theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013The food was excellent, the wine was good and the wait staff was very goodSpecial Features:
- Our server Harry was excellent.JeanneVIPDined on 4/17/2013Our server Harry was excellent. Lychee Pomegranite martini was delish! Thouroughly enjoyed our meal and scenery. Didn't understand why servers were wearing baseball caps though....Special Features: