212 South Newtown Street Road
Newtown Square, PA 19073Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.yukicuisine.com/
- Phone: (610) 359-8418
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Won
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout
- Catering: If you plan to have a meeting, gathering or party, please feel free to ask about our catering menu.
A word from Yuki Sushi
Yuki Sushi is a newly opened, full scale Japanese and Asian Fusion Cuisine restaurant located at Newtown Square, PA. We proudly provide authentic Japanese foods such as Sushi, Sashimi, Teriyaki, Tempura, all kinds of Maki, also we recently present Asian fusion style foods such as Bul-go-gi, Grilled Shrimp Salad with ginger dressing, and Grilled Chilean Seabass with teriyaki sauce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Yuki Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (3)good for groups (2)romantic (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Fantastic food, great ambianceAleaphileDined on 11/8/2014We discovered quite a gem with Yuki Sushi. Upon arriving at the restaurant, we were a bit surprised and turned off by the lighted "Yuki Sushi" sign outside the restaurant, as it not only resembled that of a cheap, run-of-the-mill Chinese takeout place, but also was broken in places. Altogether, it gave the impression of a cheap restaurant; however, I say this only so you know to look past it! Our experience at the restaurant was great--there were some hiccups, such as being seated for our 7:00 reservation closer to 7:30 and the bubble tea we ordered having no 'bubbles' (they were apparently out of tapioca but didn't tell us). The food we ordered (a spicy tuna roll, a shrimp tempura roll and tonkatsu) was stellar. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good but not my favoriteSusanDined on 11/1/2014My husband had the Sashimi and I had the noodles. The food was well prepared and tasty. The prices are a bit high compared to where we usually go for sushi, etc.Special Features:
- Yuki sushi gemFaithVIPDined on 9/20/2014We love Yuki Sushi and hope this neighborhood gem stays right where it is! The sushi is always excellent and super fresh, made at the open sushi bar...fun to watch! It's never noisy. It is also a BYO...we like that!! Service is friendly and fast! Worth a drive if u don't live in the neighborhood! There's even a great coffee shop/ cafe in the same strip,Meath music on fri/sat nights and open Mic on Thurs nites. burlap and Bean...great place to go after Yuki, for coffee drinks, dessert, etc!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backBrynMawrBoomersVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had dinner at Yuki Sushi for the first time on a Saturday night. We loved it! The tempura was delicious-- light, hot, and tasty. The sushi was also terrific-- very fresh. Even the salad was great-- very fresh and the dressing was wonderful. We'll be back!Special Features:
- 2nd VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Fresh sushi, well prepared. Very good service. Consistent over two visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yuki Sushi was a birthday successSidsterDined on 8/2/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday with dinner at Yuki Sushi. There was something for everyone including my 2 teenage boys.Special Features:
- The following 86 reviews are from the Yuki Sushi reviews archive.
- RegularsAlexVIPDined on 7/22/2014We usually go to Yuki when we have a chance to have dinner out- it is a great local placeSpecial Features:
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/8/2014Good neighborhood restaurant for both lunch and dinner. BYOBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Sushi loversOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2014I've been going to Yuki since they first opened and have always had a good experience. Always fresh. Creative chefs. Good service from polite waiters and waitresses. I would suggest making a reservation as it tends to get crowded. Don't forget to BYOB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- byo JapanesediningwmybottleDined on 6/25/2014I like this place and will return. Great flavors at good prices. Nice specialty roll list. They'll open my wine and let me pour it. A treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went here after the rave reviews...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/6/2014The ratings on OpenTable were so high and we were in the mood for sushi so we decided to give it a try. I am honestly confused now. The sushi was OK. Really just OK. It wasn't bad, but if you walk around center city you will find at least the same quality of sushi on every other block. The rolls were sooooo small and really expensive. One of the specialty rolls we got was $15 and it was the size of what I would consider a normal Maki roll at any other restaurant. I'm pretty sure the "spicy" in the spicy tuna was tobasco. I kept tasting it and I swear that's what it was, which is just weird. And we got 6 pieces of a California roll that was smaller than what I would get in the pre-packaged rolls at the cafeteria at work. Won't be back there.
- Consistently excellantBestbobVIPDined on 5/17/2014The food and service is always excellant and friendly. Parking is always easy and free. The selection of specials is clearly on the blackboard when you enter. I eat there often and I am never disappointed.Special Features:
- We LOVE LOVE LOVE their food.IlonaDined on 4/11/2014We LOVE LOVE LOVE their food. We order usual and add one or two new items. It always turns out awesome!Special Features:
- Very good SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2014We are not from the area, but were looking for Sushi before catching a movie with some friends. Sushi was very good, but on the expensive side for what you are getting. Overall we were very happy, but surprised at the price compared to other local area sushi restaurants.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll ReturnreviewernicknameDined on 2/21/2014We went here for our first time for dinner before a concert at Burlap and Bean a couple doors down. We both very much enjoyed our meals, me with sushi, dh with salmon teriyaki. Shared the wasabi shumai first, and our waiter made sure to check that we were ok with spicy. I said it might be too much for me but we wanted to try it, and I could always get something else. It WAS a sinus clearer...quite the after-effect, but delicious, and I managed to eat my share just fine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time at this locationYumYumVIPDined on 1/11/2014first time at this location and food was very good. We did not know if was BYOB until we arrived. There are a number of special sushi rolls and we really liked the Tuna TNT roll which was very spicy (and good). The edamame was a bit too salty and that was the one issue for the meal. The miso soup was good and the service was top notch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentBestbobVIPDined on 12/21/2013We go here at least thre times a month and have never been disappointed!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adore our YukithelizmcneilVIPDined on 11/6/2013We love this place! The food and service are always perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob and JoanBobbyVIPDined on 10/18/2013We live right near this great restaurant! My wife and I cannot believe how lucky we are to have sushi of this quality in our neighborhood . The sushi chefs, waiters, etc are very personable and make the dining experience special. We look forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- Good SushiDebbieDined on 10/12/2013Finally a nice convenient BYOB with good sushi. Great service, good prices. Would definitely recommend to friends (actually already did) and we will be going back :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local sushiejdaDined on 9/21/2013It's hard to find a good sushi restaurant especially one that is BYOB. Yuki is in my neighborhood and was recommended to me from others. I was not disappointed. They have an extensive menu and the sushi was very good and fresh. Service was great. Nice jazz music playing in the background but not too loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant on a quiet nightSunniDined on 9/8/2013We went on a Sunday night so the traffic was slows. The servers were great the food was prompt but not rushed. The sashimi was good and the miso soup was fresh. This is a BYOB which was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Well Done Sushi/SashimiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2013We did the monkey brain & combo platter. The brain may have had immitation crab, not sure but it was just fine. The sushi combo for 2 was terrific. Fish cut just right, and nice contrasts on the various rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good, and can'tMK46VIPDined on 8/2/2013Food was very good, and can't beat prices when it is a BYOB. Only big complaint was we had a later resrrvation(9:00) and they seemed to be rushing us out as we were the last table around 9:30 and it made for a somewhat uncomfortable experience the rest of the night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatRositaDined on 7/12/2013We went there last Friday for dinner. It is a small, cozy place with nice decoration and very good food. We tried 6 different sushi. All were great . I also had food from the kitchen list, well prepared, great taste. Will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always fresh, fast and friendly!JB22VIPDined on 7/5/2013Heard about this BYOB in Main Line Today Magazine. Popped in for dinner last week and it was terrific. Always get the Wasabi Shumai. They are the BEST! Also enjoyed specialty rolls which were creative and bursting with an array of flavors (basil on the Green Boston roll was a totally different and pleasant taste sensation). Service is prompt, friendly too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what happened?BobbyVIPDined on 5/30/2013We have enjoyed eating sushi before heading out of town on weekends until recently we had specialty rolls that had avocado with the hard skin still on. I spit one piece out then saw it was in all. By that point lost my taste to finish. I do not like when restaurants have spoon in soup when serving. Call me weird but I do check my utensils. There are other restaurants that do this as well.Special Features:
- EnjoyableSat2dayDined on 5/18/2013We enjoy this spot every time we go. We used to go the Japanese restaurant in Rosemont near Gulliftys but they rush you too much and the quality is not as good as Yuki Sushi. We also like the BYOB aspect.Special Features:
- always solidOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/3/2013i come here for lunch often and it never disappoints. service is great as well.Special Features:
- Pleasant BYOB experienceJB22VIPDined on 4/25/2013A pleasant mid-week dining experience. The Newtown Roll is their best. The Wasbi Shumai are deliciously addictive. We use to just get one order to split as an appetizer. Now we each get our own. Tuna sushi pieces are spot on.Special Features:
- Can't miss!volcfomDined on 4/24/2013Yuki is my favorite place outside of the city. Best quality sushi around. Great specials.Special Features:
- Sushi was very good and cookedDeAndraDined on 4/12/2013Sushi was very good and cooked perfectly. Portions appear small but are very filling! Great for brunch or lunch. Will go back to try the dinner hour :)Special Features:
- Once again amazing!! EveryOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/29/2013Once again amazing!! Every sushi roll we have tried has been perfect. Our go to for sushi in Delco.Special Features:
- The sushi was outstanding.KarenDined on 3/15/2013The sushi was outstanding. It took a while to get our main meal but our waiter was fine.Special Features:
- 5 Stars for YukisushiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013My friends and I had a wonderful time at Yukisushi. Our waitor Dan gave us sushi recommendations and each dish was terrific! This restaraunt is BYOB and the prices were very reasonable! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great BYOB and our new favOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/17/2013Great BYOB and our new fav sushi place in Delco. We haven't met a roll we didn't like and the Monkey Brain appitizer is too yummy and super great idea. Who can turn down deep fried avocado stuffed with crab and spicy tuna?Special Features:
- Newtown Roll rivals Azie!JB22VIPDined on 2/14/2013Spontaneous dinner this past Thursday. Some previous reviews hinted that the salmon was the highlight, while we didn't find that to be the case - we did find excellent execution from the sushi staff. The "Newtown" roll is exceptional and both the Salmon Skin Roll and the Spider Roll (listed as Tempura Soft Shell Crab roll) were spot on - as in the right temperature for sushi rolls containing cooked fish. They were slightly warm and perfectly delish! We found the smoke salmon had fat lines and wasn't "best sushi" grade of salmon on this trip - as we ordered the "salmon lover" roll and the fresh per piece smoked salmon - both were good, but not on par with previous reviewers comments. Looking forward to a return visit to sample more soonSpecial Features:
- Their sushi is awesome! MyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2013Their sushi is awesome! My husband and I shared a Valentine's roll (special just for valentine's day) and then he had lobster tempura and I had Beef Negimaki (beef rolled around scallions). Both entrees were great! The portions were large-more than we could eat. The service is very friendly as well. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/19/2013Great sushi.. Service is excellent. They are very attentive to kids. Takeout is great as well.Special Features:
- Great food and ambience!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/12/2013Great food and ambience!! Had a great experience, also good for groups:)Special Features: