501 Lincoln Road
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
CubanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.yuca.com/
- Phone: 305-532-9822 x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Cuban, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Francisco Javier Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Salsa Lessons every Wednesday and Fridays @ 7:30pm with Salsa Fever Miami @ The Cuban Corner (located on second floor)
World Famous Salsa Nights @ The Cuban Corner Nightclub (located on the second floor) every Friday from 11:00pm to 3:00am!
LIVE Cuban Music @ The Cuban Corner (located on the second floor) every Saturday from 7:30 to 11:30pm! Dinner Reservations Availible. Free Admission.
- Special Events: Please visit our Private Dining Page to learn more about the private/semi-private dining options we offer for larger groups. To get immediate assistance, please contact Jenny Bueno, Event Sales Manager.
A word from Yuca
YUCA, an acronym for Young Urban Cuban-Americans, is widely known as being South Florida's original upscale Cuban restaurant featuring Innovative Nuevo Latino Cuisine or as the locals call it "Nuevo Latino." This style of cooking includes traditional Latin ingredients such as a plethora of textures, colors, and flavors that when combined creates a cuisine that is unique to anything offered outside of the Caribbean and Latin America.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Yuca reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (16)hot spot (16)fit for foodies (15)special occasion (13)romantic (13)good for groups (12)late-night find (11)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (8)scenic view (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Great ExperiencePeteDined on 10/15/2014Overall great experience. Located in a very nice area with a nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner spot before club/barATLFoodieDined on 10/11/2014Good location for walking to the clubs and bars after dinner. We had dinner at 10pm. Yuca is trendy enough that you won't feel out of place in club attire. There are many inexpensive small plate options so you don't have to eat a huge meal before going out. Oh, and the food and drinks were good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great musicEddtwoVIPDined on 10/10/2014The have the best music in Lincoln all the rest was just ok. But the bad thing was Eugenio (he works there) he was very rude, we were dancing with the lovely music and suddenly he change the music to happy birthday for other customer without any advise that was awful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible!KarissaDined on 10/4/2014The worst food I have had in Miami. The worst restaurant I have booked on open table. Bad service, unprofessional staff, terrible food...the menus were pretty to look at. That is the only positive about this place. I took a friend for Cuban food in Miami, thought this would be a good spot but with all the negative aspects aside I was hoping the food would have been good. It wasn't. Everything came out DRY. The meat, the rice and beans. It was even humid INSIDE of the restaurant! Just an overall terrible experience. Would NOT recommend would NOT go back.
- Not What I ExpectedAnnieDined on 9/20/2014The service was not good, after we ordered had we not asked for a bread basket, we wouldn't have gotten one. The filet mignon was extremely salty and barely eatable! At dessert time they never offered coffee or tea. The manager did comp us a pitcher of mojito but that didn't make up for the food.
- A great feel for Lincoln streetJohnPivVIPDined on 9/15/2014Great Cuban food, tons of fresh delicious seafood tapas, attentive serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, strange serviceBringonthespiceDined on 9/13/2014We ordered 6 small plates, and instead of pacing them tapas-style, our server brought them all out at once. Very strange. So we had to try everything really quickly before it got cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great recommendation from our hotelLuvtodineDined on 9/12/2014The food, outdoor dining and service was great. Yuca was a nice choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappontedWvujjDined on 9/11/2014We made a reservation on open table for 8:15. When we arrived the hostess was very rude and acted like event though we had made a reservation it did not matter. When I made the reservation I asked for an inside table near the windows. Upon arrival the hostess acted rude and told us we could not sit inside because the entire restuarant was rented out. I feel like this should have been mentioned on open table before when making my reservation. It was extremely humid that night and sitting outside did not seem too pleasant. The hostess did not seem to care and there was no effort to accommodate us in anyway. A couple of free cocktails would have easily made me overlook the reservation problem. The food was ok nothing special.Special Features:
- Cafe DiningJohnDined on 9/5/2014Great corner location on scenic Lincoln Rd pedestrian area. Fun to sit outside and people watch whilst eating great Ceviche and appetizers. Great selection of interesting tropical mojitos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service??firstladyVIPDined on 9/2/2014Yuca fries amazing! It took 20' for the drinks to show upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be bettergvalducciDined on 9/1/2014We have been at Yuca several times. The food wasn't exciting as before and the shrinp skewer was just fair. Better the salmon and the ribs with guawa. Small wine list friendly service
- YucaGourmet8Dined on 8/31/2014The ambience very nice, as usual. The shrimp with spicy mango sauce (appetizer) was delicious. The mahi breaded with plantain was also very good. Mojitos quite nice as well. Overall very good. A bit noisy when you are attempting to talk, but that is South Beach...
- Nice ambiancenaturaleedeeDined on 8/26/2014I had never even heard of YUCA when I was looking for places for a surprise birthday dinner. But the prices looked right and it was on Lincoln Road so I thought it must be nice. Everyone loved it and asked me how I found this place. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findAussiefoodieDined on 8/22/2014We really enjoyed our dining experience at yuca. The mojitos were probably the best I had in Miami. We were traveling from Australia and so that's a big statement. I ordered the Paella for entree and although it wasn't the best paella I've had, it was presented well, and reasonably priced. The good was good, the service was great and the atmosphere excellent. We would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service-Food disappointingCharmedVIPDined on 8/21/2014We travel to Miami a lot have visited Yuca on many other trips. However this trip I found the food "diner quality" and therefore disappointed. However the service was great, and the place was packed. I'm hoping this was just an off night.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Very pleasant Cuban restaurant with a good selection of dishes on the menu, specially for first time cuban cooking tasting. Ambiance was very nice with a band playing Hemingway's time musics. Service was attentionate and with a smile. We really enjoyed it even if a bit loud at time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasic foodAstrid06Dined on 8/10/2014We had nice tapas as starters and we can recommend the Churrassco. Very good service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- COCADined on 8/9/2014Amazing! This was the best service we had in all of Miami! We were a group of 7 from a Bachelorette party and had so much fun. There was also a very noisy and rude Bachelorette party right next to us with about 20 people and the hostess kindly told them to quiet down and they did. Best Service ever. Best Cuban food!Special Features:
- Great Spot, Great Food, Great StaffWillVIPDined on 8/8/2014I chose this location to propose to my girl, and it could not have been a better experience! The place is nice and classy, has live music during the weekend downstairs and salsa lessons and dancing upstairs. It is an all-in-one experience. The food is delicious, try the calamari, and the drinks are excellent. It really is a nice place to enjoy a great dinner! I want to write a special thank you to all the staff, from the hostess who was amazing when I told her I needed her help surprising my girl to the manager to our server. The plan went without a hitch, they even prepared a gorgeous plate that read "Will you marry me" and placed the ring in a strawberry and gave us champagne. May God bless you all for making our experience wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful locationshellyDined on 8/1/2014Excellent Cuban cuisine great outdoor area. Delicious foodSpecial Features:
- Very GoodCakeMamaDined on 7/26/2014This was a good experience. YUCA is one of the more reliable and reasonably priced restaurants on Lincoln Road. The food was good, not excellent, but very good. We had to send back a few things that arrived cold, but we were promptly given replacements. Our waiter was very good and knowledgeable about the menu. There was a great Cuban band playing classic Cuban music which was great for our visiting guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist Cuban trapMiamilocalfoodieDined on 7/20/2014This is an overpriced tourist trap. The Cuban food and mojitos are horrible. I should know since I'm Cuban. They use to be in Coral Gables years ago and they failed there. They moved to Miami Beach Lincoln Road in order to lure unsuspecting tourist.
- MemorableLaurielovDined on 7/17/2014My wife enjoyed her birthday celebration here... A lovely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The pork osso buco was terrificSkimanDined on 7/16/2014Went late evening and got seated quickly. Waiter was great, had good suggestions. Good Cuban inspired plates. Worth a stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie2Dined on 7/5/2014Great cocktails, wonderful food. Love the waiters hats!Special Features:
- First timeFoodivaDined on 7/4/2014Server Chris could have been a lil more enthusiastic to do his job. Not a fan of giving automatic gratuity for not so good service. But other than that I would totally recommend .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014Really enjoyed the experience. Good food with good service to go with itSpecial Features:
- excellentJuniorMarthaDined on 6/29/2014Grest food, service, staff, music, wine, licstion, etcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 521 reviews are from the Yuca reviews archive.
- Mediocre food and serviceJYoungDined on 6/21/2014The server was hard of hearing and the service was quite slow and poor even when repeated requests were made. The food was decent but not for the price.
- Not our first time hereKevinGVIPDined on 6/15/2014The food is always excellent here. Very unique dishes and a flair that we have come to enjoy each trip to Miami.Special Features:
- MangoliciousSuburbiansDined on 6/14/2014The three different apps that we had were just okay. Scallops (2 of them) were good. The best part was dessert, we had the mango tiramisu per the recommendation of our waiter and he was right, never had anything like it. They have a pastry chef there and that individual knows what they are doing.Special Features:
- Poor service/poor food qualityeamacDined on 6/8/2014Food was terrible- Apps tasted like they came from a freezer bag. Steak was unedible. Server started clearing our plates while we were still in the middle of eating. I ordered a bottle of cab franc and the server brought a bottle of rioja instead. Better off dining elsewhere!Special Features:
- Not worth it for the foodfoodieVIPDined on 5/31/2014Yucca is only good for the mojitos. Hated the food there.The food was not fresh and overpriced. I could only have the appetizers and because the food was disappointing!Special Features:
- Very good food, nice placemcabralDined on 5/23/2014The food was very good looking and taste. The waiter was kind and efficient. There weren't many people in the restaurant though. The price was fair. I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Great High End CubanBbqbradDined on 5/22/2014This was a great Restaurant. The Hemingway Mojito was the best Mojito I have ever had, as it wasn't too sweet or tart. The special pork shank was awesome. The rare tuna was perfect.Special Features:
- DisapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2014Nice look. Interesting concept. Excellent service. Well presented, the food is not worth it. It is just tasteless.
- Great for people watchingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/14/2014Yuca has a great out-door seating area but we were hot so they sat us inside by the huge window. It was a great spot for people watching. Service and food was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yuca one year latervjdabossDined on 5/10/2014Had a wonderful experience there last year but all too often we have experienced a drop off a year later. Not here, a year later it just got better. Food was great and had the addition of entertainment by a Cuban trio during dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingPureEnergyVIPDined on 5/5/2014As a hotelier, restaurantuer and one who travels around the world for food, I say this place is AMAZING! Great cocktail, inventive and not far reaching in their simplicity. Food was the perfect size, for all courses. (Be careful not to over cook your steaks). Dessert was Devine! Overall 10 for everything. Love the fedoras and suspenders as well! Great uniforms!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.