501 Lincoln Road
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
CubanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.yuca.com/
- Phone: 305-532-9822 x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Cuban, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Francisco Javier Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Salsa Lessons every Wednesday and Fridays @ 7:30pm with Salsa Fever Miami @ The Cuban Corner (located on second floor)
World Famous Salsa Nights @ The Cuban Corner Nightclub (located on the second floor) every Friday from 11:00pm to 3:00am!
LIVE Cuban Music @ The Cuban Corner (located on the second floor) every Saturday from 7:30 to 11:30pm! Dinner Reservations Availible. Free Admission.
- Special Events: Please visit our Private Dining Page to learn more about the private/semi-private dining options we offer for larger groups. To get immediate assistance, please contact Jenny Bueno, Event Sales Manager.
A word from Yuca
YUCA, an acronym for Young Urban Cuban-Americans, is widely known as being South Florida's original upscale Cuban restaurant featuring Innovative Nuevo Latino Cuisine or as the locals call it "Nuevo Latino." This style of cooking includes traditional Latin ingredients such as a plethora of textures, colors, and flavors that when combined creates a cuisine that is unique to anything offered outside of the Caribbean and Latin America.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Yuca reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (19)hot spot (18)fit for foodies (17)romantic (13)good for groups (12)special occasion (11)late-night find (9)neighborhood gem (8)scenic view (5)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Nice ambiancenaturaleedeeDined on 8/26/2014I had never even heard of YUCA when I was looking for places for a surprise birthday dinner. But the prices looked right and it was on Lincoln Road so I thought it must be nice. Everyone loved it and asked me how I found this place. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findAussiefoodieDined on 8/22/2014We really enjoyed our dining experience at yuca. The mojitos were probably the best I had in Miami. We were traveling from Australia and so that's a big statement. I ordered the Paella for entree and although it wasn't the best paella I've had, it was presented well, and reasonably priced. The good was good, the service was great and the atmosphere excellent. We would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service-Food disappointingCharmedVIPDined on 8/21/2014We travel to Miami a lot have visited Yuca on many other trips. However this trip I found the food "diner quality" and therefore disappointed. However the service was great, and the place was packed. I'm hoping this was just an off night.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Very pleasant Cuban restaurant with a good selection of dishes on the menu, specially for first time cuban cooking tasting. Ambiance was very nice with a band playing Hemingway's time musics. Service was attentionate and with a smile. We really enjoyed it even if a bit loud at time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasic foodAstrid06Dined on 8/10/2014We had nice tapas as starters and we can recommend the Churrassco. Very good service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- COCADined on 8/9/2014Amazing! This was the best service we had in all of Miami! We were a group of 7 from a Bachelorette party and had so much fun. There was also a very noisy and rude Bachelorette party right next to us with about 20 people and the hostess kindly told them to quiet down and they did. Best Service ever. Best Cuban food!Special Features:
- Great Spot, Great Food, Great StaffWillVIPDined on 8/8/2014I chose this location to propose to my girl, and it could not have been a better experience! The place is nice and classy, has live music during the weekend downstairs and salsa lessons and dancing upstairs. It is an all-in-one experience. The food is delicious, try the calamari, and the drinks are excellent. It really is a nice place to enjoy a great dinner! I want to write a special thank you to all the staff, from the hostess who was amazing when I told her I needed her help surprising my girl to the manager to our server. The plan went without a hitch, they even prepared a gorgeous plate that read "Will you marry me" and placed the ring in a strawberry and gave us champagne. May God bless you all for making our experience wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful locationshellyDined on 8/1/2014Excellent Cuban cuisine great outdoor area. Delicious foodSpecial Features:
- Very GoodCakeMamaDined on 7/26/2014This was a good experience. YUCA is one of the more reliable and reasonably priced restaurants on Lincoln Road. The food was good, not excellent, but very good. We had to send back a few things that arrived cold, but we were promptly given replacements. Our waiter was very good and knowledgeable about the menu. There was a great Cuban band playing classic Cuban music which was great for our visiting guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist Cuban trapMiamilocalfoodieDined on 7/20/2014This is an overpriced tourist trap. The Cuban food and mojitos are horrible. I should know since I'm Cuban. They use to be in Coral Gables years ago and they failed there. They moved to Miami Beach Lincoln Road in order to lure unsuspecting tourist.
- MemorableLaurielovDined on 7/17/2014My wife enjoyed her birthday celebration here... A lovely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The pork osso buco was terrificSkimanDined on 7/16/2014Went late evening and got seated quickly. Waiter was great, had good suggestions. Good Cuban inspired plates. Worth a stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie2Dined on 7/5/2014Great cocktails, wonderful food. Love the waiters hats!Special Features:
- First timeFoodivaDined on 7/4/2014Server Chris could have been a lil more enthusiastic to do his job. Not a fan of giving automatic gratuity for not so good service. But other than that I would totally recommend .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014Really enjoyed the experience. Good food with good service to go with itSpecial Features:
- excellentJuniorMarthaDined on 6/29/2014Grest food, service, staff, music, wine, licstion, etcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre food and serviceJYoungDined on 6/21/2014The server was hard of hearing and the service was quite slow and poor even when repeated requests were made. The food was decent but not for the price.
- Not our first time hereKevinGVIPDined on 6/15/2014The food is always excellent here. Very unique dishes and a flair that we have come to enjoy each trip to Miami.Special Features:
- MangoliciousSuburbiansDined on 6/14/2014The three different apps that we had were just okay. Scallops (2 of them) were good. The best part was dessert, we had the mango tiramisu per the recommendation of our waiter and he was right, never had anything like it. They have a pastry chef there and that individual knows what they are doing.Special Features:
- Poor service/poor food qualityeamacDined on 6/8/2014Food was terrible- Apps tasted like they came from a freezer bag. Steak was unedible. Server started clearing our plates while we were still in the middle of eating. I ordered a bottle of cab franc and the server brought a bottle of rioja instead. Better off dining elsewhere!Special Features:
- Not worth it for the foodfoodieVIPDined on 5/31/2014Yucca is only good for the mojitos. Hated the food there.The food was not fresh and overpriced. I could only have the appetizers and because the food was disappointing!Special Features:
- Very good food, nice placemcabralDined on 5/23/2014The food was very good looking and taste. The waiter was kind and efficient. There weren't many people in the restaurant though. The price was fair. I recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Great High End CubanBbqbradDined on 5/22/2014This was a great Restaurant. The Hemingway Mojito was the best Mojito I have ever had, as it wasn't too sweet or tart. The special pork shank was awesome. The rare tuna was perfect.Special Features:
- DisapointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2014Nice look. Interesting concept. Excellent service. Well presented, the food is not worth it. It is just tasteless.
- Great for people watchingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/14/2014Yuca has a great out-door seating area but we were hot so they sat us inside by the huge window. It was a great spot for people watching. Service and food was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yuca one year latervjdabossDined on 5/10/2014Had a wonderful experience there last year but all too often we have experienced a drop off a year later. Not here, a year later it just got better. Food was great and had the addition of entertainment by a Cuban trio during dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 511 reviews are from the Yuca reviews archive.
- AmazingPureEnergyVIPDined on 5/5/2014As a hotelier, restaurantuer and one who travels around the world for food, I say this place is AMAZING! Great cocktail, inventive and not far reaching in their simplicity. Food was the perfect size, for all courses. (Be careful not to over cook your steaks). Dessert was Devine! Overall 10 for everything. Love the fedoras and suspenders as well! Great uniforms!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableAnonDined on 5/3/2014We always enjoy dining there. No other restaurant fairly close to the New World facility comes even close...... & we've tried them all.Special Features:
- Good food, slow serviceMSPFoodieDined on 4/30/2014One of the best on Lincoln Road strip, good food well presented. We were a party of 7 outside, but even taking that into account the waitstaff were slow on responding. Not cheap but nothing on Miami Beach is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing with one exceptionDCdenizenDined on 4/13/2014This place is a loud tourist trap which takes large groups rendering it unpleasant for tables of two to four. Waiter was Ok but tried to talk us into the most expensive items on the menu when the smaller "Habana plates" are perfectly adequate as main courses. Best aspect of service was discreet and efficient runner who brought water, food, and cleared with an impressive effortlessness. First courses (fried calamari and shrimp, which was inexplicably served with mashed potatoes and goat cheese) deserved grades I C at best. Cerviche, however, was excellent although seafood empanada was pretty tasteless. I would not return to this restaurant.
- I was reading the reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014I was reading the reviews for Yuca Restaurant before taking a decision to make the reservation and I was a little bit undecided because some of the reviews mentioned that this was a very noisy place, but when I was at the restaurant door I asked to be sitted in a quiet place. We had a very pleasant dinner with a very nice service. The goat cheese croquettes were too small, but that was a reason to joke about it and to have a wonderful evening at Yuca Restaurant. I will recommend this restaurant to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/4/2014The place was recommended by my SIL, and it was just perfect. The taste, the portion size (for my dish - the one my brother got was enormous), the service. Would definitely be back.Special Features:
- Unable to cancel reservationX2ykVIPDined on 4/1/2014Unable to cancel reservation through open table and by phone to Yuca
- Great Location - Bland FoodComerDemonioDined on 3/24/2014Nice for people watching but don't expect much from the food.Special Features:
- Good Food + People-WatchingCindyFCDined on 3/23/2014It's well worth sitting outside at Yuca. Although we found the music a bit loud at our original table under a speaker, we were moved closer to the sidewalk and were then able to converse. Also, being next to the sidewalk allows you to see every bit of the parade of humanity walking by. I'd say the food at Yuca is good to very good. I had a lobster special, which had pineapple and cheese in it. It's an odd flavor combination, but it works ... to a point. I found that there was just too much of this good thing. I would have preferred a smaller portion with some vegetables on the side. The service was friendly and efficient enough but not outstanding in any way. Overall, I'd recommend Yuca but I don't think I'd call it a must-visit.Special Features:
- Great food and ambieenceFoscoDined on 3/22/2014Yuca is a great restaurant, the food was really good, and our waiter had really good knowledge of the menu and specials. It was also very nice that he was able to talk to my spanish speaking parents without a problem or having me intermediate for them. There was a live music show in the floor that we were but you had the option of sitting downstairs if you wanted to avoid the music. The food was very good, a little bit pricey, but the portions were big.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okknaplesDined on 3/22/2014My daughter and I saw Yuca featured on the Tennis channel. The food looked awesome! We ordered the dish featured on the Tennis channel and I've had better at Red Lobster. The presentation was beautiful, the dish very expensive but the quality of the dish was just ok. It seemed like it had been mass produced and not as fresh as the price should command. However, the place is beautiful, fun for people watching and isn't that what South Beach is all about?Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Great food, great service and very nice ambiance. Will definitely return with out of town guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $70 for sangria?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014The goat cheese croquettas and the serrano ham croquettas were both really delicious. But we were really surprised to see that each small pitcher of Sangria was $35 and we had gotten two. A meal for four cost $220 - with two appetizers, three entrees (two people shared) and two pitchers of Sangria. Ouch!Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood Gem. ServiceJennyDined on 3/18/2014Nice neighborhood Gem. Service was great. I am not big on spice so was a little nervous with the name but was very happy with the food.. We had salads and the burgers and all came out as requsted, quickly. The servers were right on top of all of our requests. We were there for lunch while in Miami at the convention center. It was on the vibrant Lincon street, close to the convention center. We ate inside on the somewhat humid day. The large windows in the front made us feel as if we were dining outside. I would and have already recommended this restaurant for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.