501 Lincoln Road
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
CubanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.yuca.com/
- Phone: (305) 532-9822
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Cuban, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Francisco Javier Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Salsa Lessons every Wednesday and Fridays @ 7:30pm with Salsa Fever Miami @ The Cuban Corner (located on second floor)
World Famous Salsa Nights @ The Cuban Corner Nightclub (located on the second floor) every Friday from 11:00pm to 3:00am!
LIVE Cuban Music @ The Cuban Corner (located on the second floor) every Saturday from 7:30 to 11:30pm! Dinner Reservations Availible. Free Admission.
- Special Events: Please visit our Private Dining Page to learn more about the private/semi-private dining options we offer for larger groups. To get immediate assistance, please contact Jenny Bueno, Event Sales Manager.
A word from Yuca
YUCA, an acronym for Young Urban Cuban-Americans, is widely known as being South Florida's original upscale Cuban restaurant featuring Innovative Nuevo Latino Cuisine or as the locals call it "Nuevo Latino." This style of cooking includes traditional Latin ingredients such as a plethora of textures, colors, and flavors that when combined creates a cuisine that is unique to anything offered outside of the Caribbean and Latin America.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Yuca reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (18)fit for foodies (16)romantic (14)special occasion (13)good for groups (13)hot spot (12)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (8)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Food was boring and tastedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/17/2010Food was boring and tasted cheap, music gave us headache! It's not expensive but prices are high for the value, food decoration was very good and drinks too. Service was outstanding, thank you David!
- The steak and lobster andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/7/2010The steak and lobster and the bbq ribs were great but 2 people in our party had the skirt steak and were not impresssed. I would go back if in Miami but wouldn't order the skirt steak.Special Features:
- A large party had booked mosthercules111Dined on 3/6/2010A large party had booked most of the restaurant, limiting the available dining area. The staff went above and beyond to accomodate us and provide a memorable dining experience. A potential disaster turned into a great experience. The service and the food were equally fantastic. thank youSpecial Features:
- This was very bad selection.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/21/2010This was very bad selection. Location was great and I had high expectations for good food at a fancy restaurant along Lincoln Road. Bread was burnt. Shrimp appetizer sauce was way too sweet and tasted cheap. Plantain mash was boring. Garlic mash was okay. Mahi-mahi tasted like McDonalds fried fish. Way over priced for the food quality. Service was bad and they charge 18% automatically. I will not recommend this place. Definitely didn't risk a dessert.
- The restaurant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/20/2010The restaurant experience was not pleasant. We had a reservation party of 18 and not all attended. Only 9 came thank goodness. Service was so slow, i couldn't image what it would have been if all 18 were to have made it!! Food was expensive and not worth the price. Drink were okay - not for $15 each or more. Food was order together and my order was never received. Waiter was not social-able at all. We were approached rudely in the beginning and offered just water. I would not recommend for a big group of people at all. Table was wobbly and I had to place a napkin of my own to fix the table.
- HAD A WONDERFUL TIME, REALLYOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2010HAD A WONDERFUL TIME, REALLY ENJOYED OURSELVES AND WILL RETURN MANY TIMES,FINISHED MAKING OUR VACATION IN MIAMI A WONDERFUL ONE.Special Features:
- Overall my dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2010Overall my dining experience was fantastic. The food tasted great, and the service couldn't have been better! My boyfriend and I both had mojitos, and they tasted amazing! Best mojitos ever!!! Our server was very patient with us, and recommended a good food selection. The restaurant was pretty full that night because it was Valentine's weekend, but that did not affect the service! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- I don't recommend Yuca. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/13/2010I don't recommend Yuca. The food was average at best. (Although by the prices you'd be led to believe otherwise.) Cocktails were incredibly overpriced and the wine list seemed to have a huge markup on average wines. To top it off, our bread was served with a side of chewed gum. Seriously - there was chewed gum on the paper that the bread was sitting in. Ew.
- The place was good and soOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/13/2010The place was good and so was the food. The ambiance was okay, a bit noisy the evening we dined, it seemed like everyone from South Beach was there and we couldn't hear ourselves at the table. The only thing I did not like about the place was the round tables. They all should have been square or rectangular tables, because each time a waiter or waitress came by they kept hitting my chair. The round tables take up to much space and the Restaurant is not that big to begin with. Also, I saw people in the dinning area standing around waiting for their table, they should have been closer to the door and not crowding the entry way to dinning area where service people are moving about. They were an eye soar and not to mention a hazard.
- Over the years Yuca has goneSCBrVIPDined on 2/12/2010Over the years Yuca has gone from a top scale SOBE restaurant to a tourist trap. The service was rushed to the point of being annoying and intrusive, the food average at best and the prices very high for the value received. The overall "fair" rating is generous.
- Outstanding food and service!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/10/2010Outstanding food and service!!!! Overall we recommend the place.Special Features:
- We loved this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2010We loved this restaurant. Food was amazing and service was great. You must try the piquillo peppers they are to die for. Definitely will come back!Special Features:
- If you are looking to havescarlettVIPDined on 2/6/2010If you are looking to have some great cuban cuisine, I definitely recommend it and will return.Special Features:
- Overpriced for the littleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/30/2010Overpriced for the little amount of food that was served.
- The atmosphere was fun butpgirlVIPDined on 1/29/2010The atmosphere was fun but the food was average. My gut told me to order the snapper with coconut and the server talked me into the Tuna...I knew better but I listened to him anyway and it was average. It was your usual rare seared tuna with sesame seeds. I wanted something unique to the restaurant and I was really disappointed. The mojito's however were amazing.Special Features:
- Fabulous cuban restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/25/2010Fabulous cuban restaurant. Best mojitos in town. Food and service were great. Definitely I will go back.Special Features:
- Yuca was a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/17/2010Yuca was a disappointment after reading the restaurants hype. We have had much better Cuban food, even modern Cuban. That said, the food wasn't bad, but it wasn't really good either. I would probably try a different place and stay away from eating at places on Lincoln during future trips to Miami.Special Features:
- The food was just okay. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/16/2010The food was just okay. The service was awful. The server disappeared after our meal. It took longer to get the check than it did to eat the meal. We needed 3 checks and we all were double billed. The food was good but since the service was so bad I would not recommend it to others and I won't be back.
- Went there with friends andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/16/2010Went there with friends and we loved it. Special the Mojitos
- table of more than 10 wereresrvationsVIPDined on 1/12/2010table of more than 10 were seated 15-20 min after we arrived. They were very loud and it made conversation for the surrounding tables very difficultSpecial Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/11/2010The food and service were pretty good, but it is not the place to have a dinner conversation. The dining room was very loud to the point were we could not interact with the others at our table and there was only four of us.
- Good food served in a good-naturedlnsadovniVIPDined on 1/10/2010Good food served in a good-naturedly raucous setting. It was probably maginfied by the fact that it was too cold for anyone to sit outside, so they seemed to have really crammed the tables into the indoor space. That said, service was good, timely and friendly, and the dishes were well presented and the main courses we had, tuna and red snapper, were delicious and, especially in the case of the tuna, generously apportioned. A definite four-star experience.Special Features:
- Great food. The Mojitos wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/10/2010Great food. The Mojitos were the best I have ever had.Special Features:
- We went with a group of 7OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/9/2010We went with a group of 7 and just ate tapas before hitting the clubs. It was perfect. There was no valet, so just be prepared. The drinks are very expensive, but very good. The food was great and full of flavor. Our waiter left us alone most of the time, which was good and bad. Overall, great experience.Special Features:
- Though the food was fantastic,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2009Though the food was fantastic, the terrible, terrible service nearly ruined the entire experience. If you go during the busy tourism season, expect dinner to take 2 hours or more.Special Features:
- The food was surprisinglyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/28/2009The food was surprisingly delicious.I don't usually like Cuban food, but it was very upscale dishing with great taste. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- The food was good, but notOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/26/2009The food was good, but not for the price. The service was ok; however, at the end of the meal when we split the check, the waiter said "are you serious?" as if a check had never been split when a group of 8 people were dining.
- "Very welcoming staff. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/11/2009"Very welcoming staff. We really enjoyed our dinner. The food was very good, we ordered the pork oso bucco and the lobster, and the service was great Thanks for a great time!Special Features:
- With Salsa dancing upstairsLuckmeisterDined on 12/4/2009With Salsa dancing upstairs on a Friday night, it's hot hot hot! Take a few lessons first and have a go, or just watch, some of the best latin moves are to be seen there... Food is lovely in the restaurant below, service is great, they make you feel special...Special Features:
- I made a reservation for 15OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 12/3/2009I made a reservation for 15 at Yuca. In advance of making this reservation, I did a lot of research and one of the concerns I had was that we would eat at a place where the prices were moderate. When I arrived at the restaurant, I noticed that their prices were much higher than what was stated on the web-site. I felt very mislead and disappointed, especially after taking the responsibility of making a reservation for a large party. After expressing my concern, the manager made some concessions and offered a prix-fix menu that was more reasonably priced, gave us a round of free drinks and free appetizers. In addition, they promised to update their website. These efforts saved the evening for me.
- Hosted business dinner forEmoryDined on 12/2/2009Hosted business dinner for 10 people. Realized afterwards that hosting on SoBe was a mistake in that it was overpriced. Service very polite, not stellar. Bar is small but nice atmosphere. Most of the table ordered chef's suggested Sea Bass or Frutti de mar. Concensus to a person was Sea Bass was excellent, the pasta was unimpressive. It was fine but I would not go back with so many other choices.Special Features:
- Great food, but expensiveGregDined on 11/26/2009Great food, but expensive for what you get. Of course, you are also paying for the Lincoln Road people watching, so I suppose when you factor in "a show," it's not too bad. Drinks, however, are severely overpriced. Eat here, drink elsewhere.Special Features:
- We had excellent food includingeatsoutalotVIPDined on 11/23/2009We had excellent food including on-the-spot recommendations from our server. Our server let us linger as some late coming friends joined us for conversation. The homemade ice cream that accompanies desert was wonderful finish to our meal.Special Features:
- way too expense.. a bottleOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2009way too expense.. a bottle of water $8.00 a children meal 2 years old $12 a glass of wine (sheap wine) 14 dollars... and food not good!!!
- My only hesitation with thisOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/11/2009My only hesitation with this restaurant was the slowness in delivery of the food. However, I was starving, so it seemed especially long. The food was fantastic. I ordered the Mar y tierra, a very tender beef tenderloin with lobster tail. Very artistically presented with a delicious combination of spices and sauce, I enjoyed it thourougly. The cuban offerings are interesting and taste tantalizing. We also enjoyed dessert and my rice pudding was quite good, while my husband enjoyed a warmed pear in pastry with cinnamon ice cream. our guest had a key lime napoleon with ice cream, and ate it all, though she couldn't finish her dinner portion of the meal! The wine was very good but a bit pricey, $55 for a bottle of Pinot Noir by MondelliSpecial Features:
- We enjoyed our dinner at Yucca's.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/10/2009We enjoyed our dinner at Yucca's. The food was very good. The service was great. The waiter was very knowledgeabe with the menu and was able to make good recommendations.Special Features:
- This Cuban hot-spot, whileOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2009This Cuban hot-spot, while in prime location, served food that gave us a genuine taste of chef boyar-de. The food was not worth the money and the service made us wish we had never gone to the restaurant in the first place. Sad to say because the location is prime but as with other spots in South Beach the location serves as a distraction from the quality of the service and the food.