105 E. 9th St.
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yubany.com/
- Phone: 2127778188
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Thursday-Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
Note: Saturday Dinner Menu only. Open at 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Jack Wei
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
- Cross Street: In between 3rd Ave & 4th Ave
- Public Transit: M8 Bus, West Village, E 9th St & 4th Ave. 1 Minute from restaurant. 6 Subway Train. Astor PL. 5 Minutes from restaurant. N, R Subway Train. 8St NYU. 5 Minutes from restaurant.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Public Parking Monday-Friday after 6PM. Saturday and Sunday all Day. East 9th St in between 3rd Ave & 4th Ave.
A word from Yuba
Yuba offers traditional and contemporary Japanese cuisine & eclectic dishes. Our specialty is the numerous selections available for sushi/ sashimi a la cart, signature contemporary rolls, & eclectic main courses. Quality and satisfaction is our primary goal for our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Yuba reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (12)neighborhood gem (10)great for lunch (6)special occasion (3)romantic (3)late-night find (3)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- great sashiminewrofoodieVIPDined on 10/10/2014Found this place by accident because it was a short walk from theater DR2 we went to. Yelp reviews were excellent so we took a chance. We had sashimi which was excellent. Fish is extremely fresh, well prepared ( different cuts of same fish ) Waiter was friendly and they honored a late ( 9:45 PM) reservation within 2 minutes though the place ( tiny) was full. Great saki choices as well. Waiter tried to 'up-sell' is HIS choice of what to eat ( the tasting menu) - which could possibly be well worth it and wonderful, but not for us. Everyone thanked us for coming as we left. Made us feel truly welcome , as dining should be. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/29/2014It was a rather disappointing experience both in terms of food and service. The food is not authentic, and it sucks that almost all dishes that were appealing to us are "sold out."...
- Great FoodCRC1Dined on 8/14/2014Food was really good, our waiter was terrific, giving us great recommendations on what we should order - everything was very enjoyable.
- YubaVouvouDined on 8/14/2014Very good. Nice small restaurant, and very quiet. I highly recommend the monk fish liver.Special Features:
- Authentic Japanese food experienceLexyDined on 8/6/2014The food was absolutely great, I didn't know what to order so I gave my server George a budget and told him to surprise me, and trust me he did a GREAT job. Not only did he design the sushi and sashimi plate within the budget, he gave us some top-notch ones such as white salmon sashimi. The Tempura sweet corn has to be my favorite!Special Features:
- Hidden gemendlessdelicaciesVIPDined on 7/22/2014Yuba is one of my favourite Japanese restaurants of all time, and trust me, I have eaten at countless Japanese establishments in the U.S. and beyond. The rock shrimp canape is absolutely delicious. The sweet warmness of the shrimp sitting on top of the roll melts in your mouth with the eel and avocado tucked into the roll. The sashimi is extremely fresh and delicately served. This place is intimate and delicious, though a little pricey, but the satisfaction Yuba brings is hard to find from other Japanese restaurants and worth the cost. Treat yourself here once in a while! I'm surprised the restaurant is not packed whenever I visit, seems like such a hidden gem of Astor Place!Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServicearnoldasrelskyDined on 7/6/2014Our hosts were attentive, efficient and friendly. The food was excellent, visually well-presented and very tasty. I will return here with friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor value. Depressing ambiance.upgradedDined on 7/3/2014At 6:45pm on Wednesday there were no other customers in the restaurant. One of the managers sat at a table working on the books. The wait staff were huddled together talking in Mandarin. Depressing ambiance. We initially ordered two sushi/sashimi platters (approximately $36.00 x 2 = $72.00). But, the waiter, George, repeatedly steered us to the daily ala carte sushi menu. George explained the house sushi platters was "made to fill you up, but not quality". We tried the fatty tuna he recommended ($10.00 per piece). Portion size was very small. Quality was only good, not great. We felt duped by his repeated recommendations of pricey cuts. Total price $115 for two persons. Would not return or recommend.
- The following 8 reviews are from the Yuba reviews archive.
- RK17VIPDined on 6/17/2014All the rolls and sushi were delicious and fresh. The Yuzu roll is fantastic and so were the different types of Salmon. Our server, Ken, was very friendly, courteous and prompt. Highly recommend this restaurant for fresh and original sushi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ACKfoodieVIPDined on 6/7/2014Given the reviews I read on your web page, we expected more but were underwhelmed by the food and it was quite noisy.
- Delicious Fish but Long Time ComingBWI74Dined on 5/9/2014The sushi and sashimi is creative and delicious but it is hard to get past the poor service at Yuba. We ordered an appetizer course and then each ordered a main course. The appetizers were served sporadically -- it took almost 30 minutes for all the appetizers to come out, so several of us were done with our appetizers before the last were served. We waited politely for a while but ultimately you don't want the fish to get too warm! The same thing happened with the main courses. A 2 course meal that started at 7:45 didn't end until well after 10 p.m. And we did not appreciate the "main waiter's" attempts to repeatedly upsell us on everything from exotic fish to expensive sake. There's better sushi -- and service --elsewhere in NYC.
- Amazing sushiVfxsuperDined on 5/9/2014Really great fresh fish, miso cod was above expectations - rolls were inventive and better than most.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful omokase experiencegourmandiseVIPDined on 5/7/2014This small but serene restaurant wowed us on our first visit. We put ourselves in the servers and chef's hands and enjoyed a great meal. The starter (thin sliced scallops), sashimi and nigiri were so delicate and elegant that the rolls (served after) seemed positively rib-sticking. We had a relatively short time slot due to theater nearby, but the meal was well-paced and didn't feel hurried.
- Hidden gemAleedaDined on 4/28/2014The meticulous care given the fish at Yuba extends to the way they treat their guests as well. I was so impressed with my first visit that on subsequent visits, I simply gave them a budget and let the sushi chef choose. I have never been disappointed. I will head there as often as I can!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding DinnerjzinnVIPDined on 4/20/2014What a wonderful dining experience. We chose the Omakase, and felt as if they designed a meal just for us. The service was friendly and intelligent. The csh was amazing. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service and FoodHard2pleaseVIPDined on 4/19/2014We went to Yuba for lunch and was surprised to find it relatively empty. As a result, we had incredible service from the host who provided impeccable service, suggestions, and showed great pride in the quality of the fish they serve. He created a sample of the best sashimi of the day and some rolls. It was hands down one of the best meals we had in NYC, in addition to Marea. So delicious! Not your cheapest sushi meal but not astronomical either. Will definitely recommend to others.Special Features: