Young Chow Chen's Asian Restaurant and Sushi Bar
312 Pennsylvania Ave SE
Capitol Hill, DC 20003Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Young Chow Chen's Asian Restaurant and Sushi Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.capitolhillasianfood.com/
- Phone: 2025446788
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout
A word from Young Chow Chen's Asian Restaurant and Sushi Bar
Located in the beautiful city of Washington, our restaurant has been dedicated to offering the most memorable dining experience for you. We pick ingredients carefully and use only the freshest and natural ones to prepare every dish, and have been trying to cook them in a healthier way to provide the most nutritious food. Much attention has been attached to ensure you a cozy and inviting ambiance where you could enjoy not only the great meal but also the authentic atmosphere. The owner and all staff will greet you with the warmest welcome, whether you are a habitual patron or come for the first time. We have made painstaking efforts to create the tidiest and cleanest dining place, and guarantee you with friendly and timely service. All of your demands and feelings will be cared for in our restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Young Chow Chen's Asian Restaurant and Sushi Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (2)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Native approvalPaddcDined on 7/6/2014I took a friend to Young Chow Chen's who had lived in China for many years. We had sushi and dim sum, and she thought the dim sum especially was the best she'd ever eaten. The sushi was also fine. We went early, so it was really quiet and we had great service. We recommended it to colleagues who were at the same conference and they went the following evening. I was glad to find a good sushi place on this side of town - the selection is impressive. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 11 reviews are from the Young Chow Chen's Asian Restaurant and Sushi Bar reviews archive.
- DC tripmisspreea78VIPDined on 4/17/2014The waitress did not write down our order I ordered dim sum and pointed at the menu she came back with spring rolls. Servers did not come back to refill water or ask if we needed anything else. The menu has lots of variety , yummy food. Service was not great.Special Features:
- Bland and Ill Prepared Food20008VIPDined on 3/2/2014The food was thrown together (noodles in bottom of dish unmixed with the other ingredients for Drunken Noodles), garlic sauce dish was more sweet than garlic or spice. Even a teenager who usually eats everything in sight didn't take seconds.
- We had an early dinner and10RaspberryPointerDined on 1/18/2014We had an early dinner and there were very few patrons so the ambience was cozy and the food was great.Special Features:
- Good last minute pickJonRosVIPDined on 7/5/2013The service was great and the food was wonderful. We ordered an additional order of the cold noodle salad. It was wonderful.Special Features:
- We had dinner at Young ChowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2013We had dinner at Young Chow Chen's last Saturday evening. The food was absolutely delicious. Ingredients were fresh, shrimp were very large, seasoning perfect, service was friendly and excellent. Sushi was outstanding. We will return soon and it will certainly be a favorite. I would highly recommend Young Chow Chen's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large MenuLikesToEastDined on 5/18/2013There is a very large menu with selections from Thailand over to China and Japan. The complimentary sushi was delicious and the party of 4 enjoyed their diverse selections.Special Features:
- Very very good food well prepared.GyndocVIPDined on 5/17/2013Very very good food well prepared. Brought a complimentary plate of sushi because the waitress didn't understand my granddaughter wanted prawn fried rice not plain fried rice. Just a language misunderstanding and a lovely gestureSpecial Features:
- Great place. My girlfriendOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013Great place. My girlfriend and I really enjoyed it. Would definitely go again when up in DCSpecial Features:
- Two Thumbs Up!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/10/2013Young Chow Chen is a great place (not just for sushi). I really enjoyed the experience of being there, The food was great, the sushi was a nice size and very fresh and the staff was very friendly. My guest didn't eat sushi but loved the dish that they had. Two days later was saying we have to go back.
- Great food and serviceMaryDined on 1/29/2013My husband and I were delightfully surprised. The food was excellent and so was the service. I will be recommending this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:
- I love this menu--its a trueDCNineVIPDined on 9/8/2012I love this menu--its a true all East Asian cuisine. This place is owned by the same people that own North Sea in Adams Morgan. One thing--the Music was WAY too loud. We were the only diners in the place, so I asked them to turn it down which they did. They were SO nice.Special Features: