25 Chapel Street
Albany, NY 12210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.yonos.com/
- Phone: 5184367747x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: From 5:30pm. Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day, Closed July 1-6.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indonesian, Asian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Yono Purnomo
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Yono's offers 3 settings for your private or corporate dining needs. The Broadway Room is our largest room accommodating 30-120 people for breakfast, lunch or dinner, or 180 people for a cocktail reception. The State Room can accommodate 20 people and the Capital Room will seat up to 10.
- Private Party Contact: Donna Purnomo 5184367747x
- Entertainment: Hamilton Street, a piano and bass duo, play light jazz & pop standards on Friday & Saturday evenings.
A word from Yono's Restaurant
Yono's has been Albany's premiere World Class restaurant for over 25 years. Owned & operated by Chef Yono, Donna & Dominick Purnomo, the intimate, elegant split level dining room is a recreation of the original Yono's on Robinson Square, elegantly appointed with warm colors, bronzed mirrors, large fireplace, crystal chandelier, and floral displays. Chef Yono Purnomo presents an innovative menu of blending French Technique, Asian Influence & American Ingredients. Award Winning Chef Sommelier Dominick Purnomo offers a wine list with some 1000 labels representing every major wine growing region in the world. Let the Yono's 4 star service staff anticipate your needs, while you experience luxury and elegance of a bygone era.Continued
Located adjacent to Yono's, is dp An American Brasserie, a decidedly more casual alternative. www.dpbrasserie.com
Located adjacent to Yono's, is dp An American Brasserie, a decidedly more casual alternative. www.dpbrasserie.com
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Yono's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Albany ›
Yono's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)romantic (43)fit for foodies (40)notable wine list (38)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (10)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Gorgeous for date nightFoodgirlfriendDined on 10/18/2014I brought my boyfriend, a fellow foodie, to Yono's on Saturday night. We were greeted immediately upon entering the restaurant, and sat promptly. The service was impeccible. The food even better than expected. It was more expensive than we usually opt for, but every once in a while you really can liven it up with a different location. This added another spark, another level to our relationship as we continued to learn about each other through food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A long, good historyMaureenHVIPDined on 10/18/2014We have been going to Yono's since it was in Robinson Square, then Armory Motors (my favorite venue) and now downtown. It has always been consistently wonderful, but this was one of the best experiences I have had there. The combination of local, unique food and beverage sources and more focused menu are great additions. The service is the best in the area.Special Features:
- Keiran's 6th birthdayEwanDined on 10/16/2014By now, the boys are well-known - so Keiran was greeted with his custom 'cocktail' which was (i) delightful and (ii) the cause for amusing consternation at one adjacent table as they tried to work out why this kid was being welcomed like this :-)). Yono's running on all chambers even in the absence of Dominick, Chef Steve in the kitchen had a great night and after the pre-show crowd cleared, we were the only folks there; Garrett led the service team impeccably. The pork belly was better than it has ever previously been, moister and not as sticky; the lamb was cooked and spiced perfectly, as was the pork (so nice to have pork not be dry). The pumpkin 'risotto' was more like cream of wheat, but a very minor glitch in a great meal - thanks!Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/13/2014This restaurant never fails to deliver. It is definitely a special place to which I wish to go more often. I had the Lamb cooked just the way I ordered...and was wonderful. Husband had the lobster...which he raved over. Only thing I would comment on; it seems every time we go there, there is a salesman customer entertaining clients in a very loud voice. I wish we could have seated him in another room, because all we could hear was him. I guess there will always be rude people who don't know what a restaurant voice is.Special Features:
- Great placePaulDined on 10/10/2014I have lived in the Albany area and I have never known about this place. The service was amazing and the food was great. I took my wife for an anniversary dinner there and she really enjoyed herself as well. Highly recommended for special occasions. It is pricey. They sell themselves as a $30-$50 per person restaurant but I would put them more in the $65-$100 range if you want to include a glass of wine plus tip.Special Features:
- Our first anniversaryCmadden28Dined on 9/13/2014Unparalleled in every sense, there was not one speck of food left on our plates! We each got the eight course meal and I got the wine pairings and will be hard pressed to find another restaurant anytime soon that will encompass the level of service and care we received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014The best restaurant me and my wife have been to in a long time. The food and service where excellent. We can not wait to go back againSpecial Features:
- Oh so very good!!!!SueSueDined on 9/13/2014If you like to be totally spoiled by phenomenal service, gorgeous surroundings, wonderful food, lovely surprises such as a bottle of champagne for special events, a free second glass of wine when you ordered just one, beautiful dinnerware and glassware, lovely music...then Yono's is for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Albany StandoutDumbdudeVIPDined on 9/10/2014Yono's would get high marks in any city. The food and service were impeccable.Special Features:
- 5*'sreviewDined on 9/6/2014Five Stars everything!!! What a treat!! Incredible food, really unique dishes, with a flare of Indonesian (although plenty of contemporary American dishes to choose from as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yonos, Good, but Not GreatcoopkenDined on 9/6/2014Yonos is a special occasion kind of place for us, but the last two times we were there the food was really just OK (I even had to send back on dish because it was cold) and although the service promised to be top notch, we kept getting the wrong plates handed to us...normally minor annoyances, but not at a restaurant of this supposed caliber. We also felt the servings in most instances were rather skimpy especially given the high prices. Would I try it again? Maybe.Special Features:
- Simply Stated - The Best!AJH12065Dined on 8/30/2014You will not find a better dining experience in the Capital Region. Everything is top notch - service, food, wine list - it just doesn't matter. There are other popular restaurants that put on a good show and are packed every night with expense account diners and well heeled politicos, but Yono's is the place for true hospitality and world class food. Book your next dinner here and you will not regret it.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSupersitzDined on 8/30/2014Yono's never disappoints us.We had the 8 course grand tasting menu with wine pairings.Every single plate was outstanding.The wine paring was perfect with each course.The wait staff again was very attentive.We highly recommend Yono's for just a night out or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/28/2014Excellent, as always. The tasting menu was superior and the wine list was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- twodinersDined on 8/27/2014As I indicated above everything was top notch. You should add to the web something about the fact that its not truly Valet (around the corner) & that there's a charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/22/2014Food. Service and overall experience was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for a chefChefPDined on 8/21/2014When a chef wants to go out for dinner, where does he go? Yono's of course. The food is beautiful and tastes fabulous. The unique ethnic combinations make it fun to explore new dishes. The service makes you feel like royalty but is still warm and approachable. This is the best fine dining experience in the area for us. We will continue to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our meal.BucketlistmanDined on 8/20/2014Food was well prepared and presented. Wait staff were excellent with recommendations and service.Special Features:
- albanyfoodieDined on 8/16/2014Yono's is definitely one of my favorite restaurants in the Capital Region. You can never go wrong dining at Yono's. I've never had a bad meal or bad service there. Highly recommended!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Really enjoyed the experience. Ideal for a special occasion. The service was outstanding!
- Great food.elusivebiteDined on 8/4/2014Yono's lived up to all the good reviews we read before we got there. The food was fresh, creative and delicious!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnershirleyDined on 7/31/2014The staff and owner went literally out of their way to make this special occasion (31st anniversary) a very special night for us. A champagne toast was on the house as was a "Happy Anniversary" chocolate mini-dessert. The staff is very friendly, food is very good and ambiance very enjoyable. Would definitively recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXcellent cuisine and servicealkifoodieDined on 7/28/2014The latest incarnation of Yono's is definitely the best--a varied menu of foods that are all excellently prepared. And amazing service in an elegant setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yono's is great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The food is the big draw at Yono's (in the fine dining section in the back). Everything is very well prepared and the presentation is lovely. The combinations of fresh, locally sourced foods are imaginative and tasty. Seasonings have a hint of the Orient. I recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Steak? Not at this place!!!!!!luvsteakDined on 7/12/2014I was told by the management that they serve a variety of steaks. When we arrived and started ordering, their steaks consisted of rib eye, and NY strip. I ordered the NY strip: Wanted it medium, with garlic mashed potatoes and corn. What arrived was a dried out steak with no juices, asparagus, mushrooms, and a little amount of potatoes. My sister had been served her fifth course, while they started all over with my order. I told them not to serve me another steak because my sister finish her meal and I wanted to leave so I could have dinner. As my wife always says: Don't order a steak from a diner. So true about this restaurant.
- Worth every pennyWorkplacefoodieDined on 7/10/2014Special occasions or just quiet dining with a friend. Fantastic food. Maybe just a tad too much attention from wait staff. A stool for my purse and reading glasses provided for fine print on the menu. (Never seen that before!) pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- Yono's defines fine dining!AliceaDined on 6/30/2014For a quintessential fine dining experience, choose Yono's eight course tasting menu with wine pairings. Imaginative ingredients purposefully and delicately balanced to surprise your every sense. Wines chosen with knowledge, paired to bring out the most secretive nuances of flavor. High standards of service from a wait staff that one rarely sees in any contemporary restaurant all round out the perfect experience. Decor is reminiscent of days gone by when going to a restaurant was an adventure! I live in Rochester, NY but visit Albany at least twice a year to intrigue my palate at Yono's.Special Features:
- My dining experienceFancyNightOutDined on 6/28/2014Dinner on Saturday, June 28th exceeded our expectations in every way. The service was perfect, our waiter Josh, was wonderful. He engaged in small talk here and there but left us, my girlfriend and myself, to enjoy ourselves. Which we did, it was wonderful. We didn't plan on having an appetizer but Josh suggested the alligator because we hadn't had it before. It was cooked perfectly! My friend had alligator once and was very displeased (not at Yono's) because it was very tough and not flavorful at all. I think he used the term "rubber" to describe it. The peppers were a great touch to the meal. I've worked in the restaurant industry for 7 years, I know true genuine service and this was it. We couldn't have asked for a better evening.Special Features:
- First timeDonnaDined on 6/28/2014We had never dined at Yono's before and we found it remarkable. The staff was very attentive and helpful with wine and food choices. Janelle chose a chardonnay for us that was fabulous. Our server was Gigi and she was delightful. The food is imaginative and delicious......my husband had the short ribs and I chose scallops for our entrées. It was an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 398 reviews are from the Yono's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Special Occasionsarb43Dined on 6/26/2014Definitely for special occasions. Food is unique, well-prepared, interesting, but it is a very expensive restaurant. We've been going a couple of times a year for about 20 years.Special Features:
- Another peerless experience...MirDreamsVIPDined on 6/21/2014Once again, Yono's manages to meet--and exceed--the very high standards they have set for themselves at my prior experiences with them. One is always greeted warmly, as a family member returning home, and this warmth is matched by impeccable attention to detail in the service. Staff are ready to take care of a need at a moment's notice, without ever feeling intrusive. The wine list is outstanding, with offerings for any palate, pairing or price point. Despite these many points of excellence, the food manages to distinguish itself with a creative blend of fresh ingredients that amuses, impresses, and delights--the chef's tasting and seasonal menus are not to be missed! A wonderful and unique restaurant, the area's absolute best!Special Features:
- Memorable AnniversaryPjbinDined on 6/16/2014When I made the reservation I made a note that it was our 58th wedding anniversary. Yono's made this a memorable evening for us by adding extra touches to their customary professional attention to details. There was a champagne toast and a special insert in our menus. Even our dessert was trimmed in a chocolate anniversary greeting. We enjoyed the delicious 5-course Indonesian dinner with the outstanding wine pairing. Yono's is a real gem in the Albany fine dining scene.Special Features:
- not up to parOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2014Disappointing experience. Both service and food quality/presentation were a far cry from previous visits. Either they had a bad night or they are slipping. No longer worth the trip to Albany or the cost.Special Features:
- Outstanding discoveryhungryfoodieDined on 5/24/2014We live on the west coast, but were in Albany to celebrate our daughter's college graduation. We had heard about Yono's a couple of times, but the timing never seemed to work out. Anyway, this time we were determined and made a reservation. The food and service were outstanding. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- OutstandingSupersitzDined on 5/17/2014My wife and i always enjoy Yono's tasting menu.It's a great way to get a taste of what's on the menu..The waitstaff are always attentive and very friendly.I highly recommend Yono's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short Rib HeavenPersonaDined on 5/13/2014This dish is awesome. I highly recommend it to any meat lover. The only issue is that I want more when I am done. This keeps me coming back!!! The experience at Yonos is outstanding. The owners make you feel part of their family and the staff is eager to please. This restaurant has survived the test of time by delivering on the basics, great food, great service and owners that have a passion.Special Features:
- bridgetDined on 5/8/2014Everything at Yono's is so well done. The food was a delicious experience, the service was superb and the experience was elegant but not overwhelming. We felt pampered and indulged by all.Special Features:
- experiencethomasDined on 4/29/2014wonderful dining experience. food and service was exceptional. waitstaff very knowledgeable and helpful. my guests were very impressed.Special Features:
- A wonderful dinning experience!RickjoDined on 4/25/2014Service was excellent! We had the 8 course tasting menu and the wait staff explained each dish in detail, along with the wine and why that particular wine was chosen. The tuna and char tartare was perfect with the sauces that accompanied it. The staff was attentive, but not hovering; they let you eat in peace, but were there immediately when needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yono experienceRogerVIPDined on 4/25/2014This is our second time at Yono's Restaurant. We love the food and service. However, dinners have to realize that the prices are fairly expensive.Special Features: