25 Chapel Street
Albany, NY 12210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.yonos.com/
- Phone: (518) 436-7747
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: From 5:30pm. Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day, Closed July 1-6.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indonesian, Asian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Yono Purnomo
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Yono's offers 3 settings for your private or corporate dining needs. The Broadway Room is our largest room accommodating 30-120 people for breakfast, lunch or dinner, or 180 people for a cocktail reception. The State Room can accommodate 20 people and the Capital Room will seat up to 10.
- Private Party Contact: Donna Purnomo 5184367747x
- Entertainment: Hamilton Street, a piano and bass duo, play light jazz & pop standards on Friday & Saturday evenings.
A word from Yono's Restaurant
Yono's has been Albany's premiere World Class restaurant for over 25 years. Owned & operated by Chef Yono, Donna & Dominick Purnomo, the intimate, elegant split level dining room is a recreation of the original Yono's on Robinson Square, elegantly appointed with warm colors, bronzed mirrors, large fireplace, crystal chandelier, and floral displays. Chef Yono Purnomo presents an innovative menu of blending French Technique, Asian Influence & American Ingredients. Award Winning Chef Sommelier Dominick Purnomo offers a wine list with some 1000 labels representing every major wine growing region in the world. Let the Yono's 4 star service staff anticipate your needs, while you experience luxury and elegance of a bygone era.Continued
Located adjacent to Yono's, is dp An American Brasserie, a decidedly more casual alternative. www.dpbrasserie.com
Located adjacent to Yono's, is dp An American Brasserie, a decidedly more casual alternative. www.dpbrasserie.com
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Yono's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Albany ›
Yono's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)fit for foodies (47)romantic (43)notable wine list (41)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (12)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Best by FAR in Albany.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2014Best by FAR in Albany. 5 star if not more!. Nothing comes close, great professional wait staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best of the bestxueyeDined on 11/15/2014Yono's was, quite literally, the best dining experience I have ever had in my life. The food was beyond amazing and the service was totally, 100% perfect. I was nervous because I had never been in a restaurant of this caliber, but the staff there made me feel perfectly at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the top perfection.....5 star!NYCDinerDined on 11/14/2014My husband enjoy fine restaurants. Yono was a ten. Exquisite setting, attentive service, fine dining with ambience romantic and elegantly designed. The menu offered a nice variety and all four of our dinners were tasty and beautifully presented. They had live music with an ensemble playing soft music...classical or jazz....lovely. The staff were polished, attentive but not intrusive. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentgreywindDined on 11/10/2014Great food, my wife said she though it was the best meal she has ever had (lamb with the pork belly to start). My duck was also great and the cauliflower couscous that came with it was amazing.Special Features:
- Yonos could save AlbanywyorkerDined on 11/7/2014Yonos is reason alone to go to Albany. Every thing about it is exceptional. Food, service, service, atmosphere. They even have have pleasant live background music. It was a special occasion, they comp'd glasses of champagne. It was our second time there. Only one thing disappointed, the apparently seasonal pumpkin cake swirl. It may have been my guest's tastes. Edison didn't get it on the first try either. We look forward to the next time. The state government, seated in Albany, could learn from Yonos as a standard of excellenceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerPatrickDined on 11/5/2014Brought a client. They were thoroughly impressed. Service food wine list all outstanding. Cant wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were so impressedTatesbugVIPDined on 11/1/2014I wanted to introduce my husband to Yono's. I'd only been to the 'bistro' part of the restaurant before, and couldn't wait to return. We were seated in the back part of the restaurant and were even MORE astonished than expected. We will travel a few hours to get there, and that's how good it is.Special Features:
- Excellent!2toEatDined on 10/29/2014We recently ate at Yono's and had a fabulous meal. we choose the 4 taste menu and each course was so good! I didn't want what was offered for the first course and they had no trouble with substituting a parsnip soup which was so good. Servers were pleasant and efficient - no pressure to eat quickly - we could relax and take our time. the room itself is very nice - it's separated from the rest of the tables by thick curtains. Since it was my birthday, they offered a complimentary glass of champagne and a nice taste selection of some of their deserts. Diners should be aware that all this good food and wine is more costly than some other restaurants but it was worth it. What a wonderful meal and great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique diningBW23Dined on 10/27/2014Dinner at Yono's is an experience. The dining room is a small and stylish hide-away. Service is excellent; two different servers handled our table and both were knowledgeable and professional, yet also friendly and conversational enough to keep it from being stuffy or overly formal. I selected a four-course tasting menu, which was nicely sized (small, but satisfying plates) and each dish had interesting flavors that stood out. I would recommend Yono's as a place for a special occasion dinner or an occasional treat for a small group, as it is pricey by Albany standards. Probably would not be an option for children unless they are truly adventurous eaters.Special Features:
- Getting ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/25/2014Was excited to try Yono's given the extensive reviews. Both my wife and I had the chef's tasting with wine pairing. We were initially taken aback by the reservation desk, it was situated in a lively bar area within the brasserie next door, really not fitting for the ambiance in the actual restaurant. We had a reservation for 7:45 and were not seated until 8:10pm. The food overall was above average, but the service, though attentive, needed more training. More than half the dishes presented to us didn't come with an explanation- the whole point of a tasting. Our server could not even pronounce half the wines, let alone explain why it was the chosen pairing. Given what the restaurant is trying to be, the servers need more training.
- Gorgeous for date nightFoodgirlfriendDined on 10/18/2014I brought my boyfriend, a fellow foodie, to Yono's on Saturday night. We were greeted immediately upon entering the restaurant, and sat promptly. The service was impeccible. The food even better than expected. It was more expensive than we usually opt for, but every once in a while you really can liven it up with a different location. This added another spark, another level to our relationship as we continued to learn about each other through food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A long, good historyMaureenHVIPDined on 10/18/2014We have been going to Yono's since it was in Robinson Square, then Armory Motors (my favorite venue) and now downtown. It has always been consistently wonderful, but this was one of the best experiences I have had there. The combination of local, unique food and beverage sources and more focused menu are great additions. The service is the best in the area.Special Features:
- Keiran's 6th birthdayEwanDined on 10/16/2014By now, the boys are well-known - so Keiran was greeted with his custom 'cocktail' which was (i) delightful and (ii) the cause for amusing consternation at one adjacent table as they tried to work out why this kid was being welcomed like this :-)). Yono's running on all chambers even in the absence of Dominick, Chef Steve in the kitchen had a great night and after the pre-show crowd cleared, we were the only folks there; Garrett led the service team impeccably. The pork belly was better than it has ever previously been, moister and not as sticky; the lamb was cooked and spiced perfectly, as was the pork (so nice to have pork not be dry). The pumpkin 'risotto' was more like cream of wheat, but a very minor glitch in a great meal - thanks!Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/13/2014This restaurant never fails to deliver. It is definitely a special place to which I wish to go more often. I had the Lamb cooked just the way I ordered...and was wonderful. Husband had the lobster...which he raved over. Only thing I would comment on; it seems every time we go there, there is a salesman customer entertaining clients in a very loud voice. I wish we could have seated him in another room, because all we could hear was him. I guess there will always be rude people who don't know what a restaurant voice is.Special Features:
- Great placePaulDined on 10/10/2014I have lived in the Albany area and I have never known about this place. The service was amazing and the food was great. I took my wife for an anniversary dinner there and she really enjoyed herself as well. Highly recommended for special occasions. It is pricey. They sell themselves as a $30-$50 per person restaurant but I would put them more in the $65-$100 range if you want to include a glass of wine plus tip.Special Features:
- Our first anniversaryCmadden28Dined on 9/13/2014Unparalleled in every sense, there was not one speck of food left on our plates! We each got the eight course meal and I got the wine pairings and will be hard pressed to find another restaurant anytime soon that will encompass the level of service and care we received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014The best restaurant me and my wife have been to in a long time. The food and service where excellent. We can not wait to go back againSpecial Features:
- Oh so very good!!!!SueSueDined on 9/13/2014If you like to be totally spoiled by phenomenal service, gorgeous surroundings, wonderful food, lovely surprises such as a bottle of champagne for special events, a free second glass of wine when you ordered just one, beautiful dinnerware and glassware, lovely music...then Yono's is for you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Albany StandoutDumbdudeVIPDined on 9/10/2014Yono's would get high marks in any city. The food and service were impeccable.Special Features:
- 5*'sreviewDined on 9/6/2014Five Stars everything!!! What a treat!! Incredible food, really unique dishes, with a flare of Indonesian (although plenty of contemporary American dishes to choose from as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yonos, Good, but Not GreatcoopkenDined on 9/6/2014Yonos is a special occasion kind of place for us, but the last two times we were there the food was really just OK (I even had to send back on dish because it was cold) and although the service promised to be top notch, we kept getting the wrong plates handed to us...normally minor annoyances, but not at a restaurant of this supposed caliber. We also felt the servings in most instances were rather skimpy especially given the high prices. Would I try it again? Maybe.Special Features:
- Simply Stated - The Best!AJH12065Dined on 8/30/2014You will not find a better dining experience in the Capital Region. Everything is top notch - service, food, wine list - it just doesn't matter. There are other popular restaurants that put on a good show and are packed every night with expense account diners and well heeled politicos, but Yono's is the place for true hospitality and world class food. Book your next dinner here and you will not regret it.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerSupersitzDined on 8/30/2014Yono's never disappoints us.We had the 8 course grand tasting menu with wine pairings.Every single plate was outstanding.The wine paring was perfect with each course.The wait staff again was very attentive.We highly recommend Yono's for just a night out or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/28/2014Excellent, as always. The tasting menu was superior and the wine list was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- twodinersDined on 8/27/2014As I indicated above everything was top notch. You should add to the web something about the fact that its not truly Valet (around the corner) & that there's a charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/22/2014Food. Service and overall experience was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for a chefChefPDined on 8/21/2014When a chef wants to go out for dinner, where does he go? Yono's of course. The food is beautiful and tastes fabulous. The unique ethnic combinations make it fun to explore new dishes. The service makes you feel like royalty but is still warm and approachable. This is the best fine dining experience in the area for us. We will continue to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our meal.BucketlistmanDined on 8/20/2014Food was well prepared and presented. Wait staff were excellent with recommendations and service.Special Features:
- albanyfoodieDined on 8/16/2014Yono's is definitely one of my favorite restaurants in the Capital Region. You can never go wrong dining at Yono's. I've never had a bad meal or bad service there. Highly recommended!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Really enjoyed the experience. Ideal for a special occasion. The service was outstanding!
- Great food.elusivebiteDined on 8/4/2014Yono's lived up to all the good reviews we read before we got there. The food was fresh, creative and delicious!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnershirleyDined on 7/31/2014The staff and owner went literally out of their way to make this special occasion (31st anniversary) a very special night for us. A champagne toast was on the house as was a "Happy Anniversary" chocolate mini-dessert. The staff is very friendly, food is very good and ambiance very enjoyable. Would definitively recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXcellent cuisine and servicealkifoodieDined on 7/28/2014The latest incarnation of Yono's is definitely the best--a varied menu of foods that are all excellently prepared. And amazing service in an elegant setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 404 reviews are from the Yono's Restaurant reviews archive.
- Yono's is great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The food is the big draw at Yono's (in the fine dining section in the back). Everything is very well prepared and the presentation is lovely. The combinations of fresh, locally sourced foods are imaginative and tasty. Seasonings have a hint of the Orient. I recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Steak? Not at this place!!!!!!luvsteakDined on 7/12/2014I was told by the management that they serve a variety of steaks. When we arrived and started ordering, their steaks consisted of rib eye, and NY strip. I ordered the NY strip: Wanted it medium, with garlic mashed potatoes and corn. What arrived was a dried out steak with no juices, asparagus, mushrooms, and a little amount of potatoes. My sister had been served her fifth course, while they started all over with my order. I told them not to serve me another steak because my sister finish her meal and I wanted to leave so I could have dinner. As my wife always says: Don't order a steak from a diner. So true about this restaurant.
- Worth every pennyWorkplacefoodieDined on 7/10/2014Special occasions or just quiet dining with a friend. Fantastic food. Maybe just a tad too much attention from wait staff. A stool for my purse and reading glasses provided for fine print on the menu. (Never seen that before!) pricey, but worth it.Special Features:
- Yono's defines fine dining!AliceaDined on 6/30/2014For a quintessential fine dining experience, choose Yono's eight course tasting menu with wine pairings. Imaginative ingredients purposefully and delicately balanced to surprise your every sense. Wines chosen with knowledge, paired to bring out the most secretive nuances of flavor. High standards of service from a wait staff that one rarely sees in any contemporary restaurant all round out the perfect experience. Decor is reminiscent of days gone by when going to a restaurant was an adventure! I live in Rochester, NY but visit Albany at least twice a year to intrigue my palate at Yono's.Special Features:
- My dining experienceFancyNightOutDined on 6/28/2014Dinner on Saturday, June 28th exceeded our expectations in every way. The service was perfect, our waiter Josh, was wonderful. He engaged in small talk here and there but left us, my girlfriend and myself, to enjoy ourselves. Which we did, it was wonderful. We didn't plan on having an appetizer but Josh suggested the alligator because we hadn't had it before. It was cooked perfectly! My friend had alligator once and was very displeased (not at Yono's) because it was very tough and not flavorful at all. I think he used the term "rubber" to describe it. The peppers were a great touch to the meal. I've worked in the restaurant industry for 7 years, I know true genuine service and this was it. We couldn't have asked for a better evening.Special Features:
- First timeDonnaDined on 6/28/2014We had never dined at Yono's before and we found it remarkable. The staff was very attentive and helpful with wine and food choices. Janelle chose a chardonnay for us that was fabulous. Our server was Gigi and she was delightful. The food is imaginative and delicious......my husband had the short ribs and I chose scallops for our entrées. It was an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasionsarb43Dined on 6/26/2014Definitely for special occasions. Food is unique, well-prepared, interesting, but it is a very expensive restaurant. We've been going a couple of times a year for about 20 years.Special Features: