25 Chapel Street
Albany, NY 12210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.yonos.com/
- Phone: (518) 436-7747
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: From 5:30pm. Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day, Closed July 1-6.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indonesian, Asian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Yono Purnomo
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Yono's offers 3 settings for your private or corporate dining needs. The Broadway Room is our largest room accommodating 30-120 people for breakfast, lunch or dinner, or 180 people for a cocktail reception. The State Room can accommodate 20 people and the Capital Room will seat up to 10.
- Private Party Contact: Donna Purnomo 5184367747x
- Entertainment: Hamilton Street, a piano and bass duo, play light jazz & pop standards on Friday & Saturday evenings.
A word from Yono's Restaurant
Yono's has been Albany's premiere World Class restaurant for over 25 years. Owned & operated by Chef Yono, Donna & Dominick Purnomo, the intimate, elegant split level dining room is a recreation of the original Yono's on Robinson Square, elegantly appointed with warm colors, bronzed mirrors, large fireplace, crystal chandelier, and floral displays. Chef Yono Purnomo presents an innovative menu of blending French Technique, Asian Influence & American Ingredients. Award Winning Chef Sommelier Dominick Purnomo offers a wine list with some 1000 labels representing every major wine growing region in the world. Let the Yono's 4 star service staff anticipate your needs, while you experience luxury and elegance of a bygone era.Continued
Located adjacent to Yono's, is dp An American Brasserie, a decidedly more casual alternative. www.dpbrasserie.com
Located adjacent to Yono's, is dp An American Brasserie, a decidedly more casual alternative. www.dpbrasserie.com
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Yono's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Albany ›
Yono's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)fit for foodies (47)romantic (42)notable wine list (41)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (11)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Special Occasionsarb43Dined on 6/26/2014Definitely for special occasions. Food is unique, well-prepared, interesting, but it is a very expensive restaurant. We've been going a couple of times a year for about 20 years.Special Features:
- Another peerless experience...MirDreamsVIPDined on 6/21/2014Once again, Yono's manages to meet--and exceed--the very high standards they have set for themselves at my prior experiences with them. One is always greeted warmly, as a family member returning home, and this warmth is matched by impeccable attention to detail in the service. Staff are ready to take care of a need at a moment's notice, without ever feeling intrusive. The wine list is outstanding, with offerings for any palate, pairing or price point. Despite these many points of excellence, the food manages to distinguish itself with a creative blend of fresh ingredients that amuses, impresses, and delights--the chef's tasting and seasonal menus are not to be missed! A wonderful and unique restaurant, the area's absolute best!Special Features:
- Memorable AnniversaryPjbinDined on 6/16/2014When I made the reservation I made a note that it was our 58th wedding anniversary. Yono's made this a memorable evening for us by adding extra touches to their customary professional attention to details. There was a champagne toast and a special insert in our menus. Even our dessert was trimmed in a chocolate anniversary greeting. We enjoyed the delicious 5-course Indonesian dinner with the outstanding wine pairing. Yono's is a real gem in the Albany fine dining scene.Special Features:
- not up to parOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2014Disappointing experience. Both service and food quality/presentation were a far cry from previous visits. Either they had a bad night or they are slipping. No longer worth the trip to Albany or the cost.Special Features:
- Outstanding discoveryhungryfoodieDined on 5/24/2014We live on the west coast, but were in Albany to celebrate our daughter's college graduation. We had heard about Yono's a couple of times, but the timing never seemed to work out. Anyway, this time we were determined and made a reservation. The food and service were outstanding. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- OutstandingSupersitzDined on 5/17/2014My wife and i always enjoy Yono's tasting menu.It's a great way to get a taste of what's on the menu..The waitstaff are always attentive and very friendly.I highly recommend Yono's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short Rib HeavenPersonaDined on 5/13/2014This dish is awesome. I highly recommend it to any meat lover. The only issue is that I want more when I am done. This keeps me coming back!!! The experience at Yonos is outstanding. The owners make you feel part of their family and the staff is eager to please. This restaurant has survived the test of time by delivering on the basics, great food, great service and owners that have a passion.Special Features:
- bridgetDined on 5/8/2014Everything at Yono's is so well done. The food was a delicious experience, the service was superb and the experience was elegant but not overwhelming. We felt pampered and indulged by all.Special Features:
- experiencethomasDined on 4/29/2014wonderful dining experience. food and service was exceptional. waitstaff very knowledgeable and helpful. my guests were very impressed.Special Features:
- A wonderful dinning experience!RickjoDined on 4/25/2014Service was excellent! We had the 8 course tasting menu and the wait staff explained each dish in detail, along with the wine and why that particular wine was chosen. The tuna and char tartare was perfect with the sauces that accompanied it. The staff was attentive, but not hovering; they let you eat in peace, but were there immediately when needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yono experienceRogerVIPDined on 4/25/2014This is our second time at Yono's Restaurant. We love the food and service. However, dinners have to realize that the prices are fairly expensive.Special Features:
- Highend DelightMiddlebrowDined on 4/19/2014As first timers we were very impressed with the attentive service, food presentation, and deliciousness. The menu offers something for everyone but it is definitely upscale--my 4oz. Vouvray cost $15. However, if ambience and high quality food are your choice, I can think of no place I would recommend more highly.Special Features:
- Confused.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014Very slow disjointed service, perhaps they were short on staff. Food was very good/excellent but some dishes tasted overly salted. I have dined here before and every time was perfect. We ordered price fixe with wine pairings, wine portions were disappointingly small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2014The wine pairing with the 4 course Spring meal was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food for the GodsRobertaDined on 4/9/2014I don't mind paying more if the food is worth it. The food at Yono's is fit for the gods. Outstanding presentation. Creative flavor blending. Everything - food, service, ambiance - was wonderful. Yono's is a bit of a drive from where we live, but I plan to make the trip at least once a month. Perhaps most important for some people is the attention to food issues - gluten free, no problem. Women diners were given small "foot" stools on which to put their hand bags rather than having to put it on the floor. Yono's has thought of everything.Special Features:
- Milestone birthdayvanjoeDined on 4/9/2014I brought my friend to this restaurant to celebrate her milestone birthday. Service was very good, professional and courteous. The night started with glasses of champagne. A nice touch! No trouble substituting any menu item. After dessert, the check was brought over with no offering of after dinner drinks. Overall, a very good experience, albeit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Wonderful!LorrDined on 4/7/2014Great meal at Yono's Monday evening! Service and food are always excellent. Four diners with four different meals - all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional DiningCapitalDinerVIPDined on 4/3/2014Loved all of the little touches throughout the meal. Great stemware & plates, an amuse bouche, purse benches, petit fours. We haven't found anything else like this in the area. We look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On special occasions likeyummyDined on 4/1/2014On special occasions like my birthday, I was surprised by a glass of champagne for my husband and me and a great desert plate with Happy Birthday written In delicious chocolate. We loved our meal.Special Features:
- Always an experiencemalitoDined on 3/29/2014No matter how often I go to Yono's I always enjoy the experience, the service, and the music. ALWAYS!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best high-end restaurant in AlbanyReeseDined on 3/20/2014Yono's maintains its enduring reputation as the finest restaurant in town. Its strong point is its unusual menu, However, the price for this fine dining experience comes with a Manhattan price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedIshCDined on 3/17/2014Food was great, presentation was excellent , the service was awesome and the wine list was outstanding.Special Features:
- A real treatCPAYMATDined on 2/18/2014My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our first experience at Yono's. There is a lot of hype surrounding this restaurant and chef, but they live up to it! It was a wonderful meal, and the service was incredible. I highly recommend Yono's to anyone looking for a place to celebrate a special occasion or simply indulge in delicious cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service,po38596Dined on 2/15/2014Excellent food and service, but Parking is a major issue. They claim to have valet but when you attempt to use it on a busy night you are told there are no spots for Yono's and park on the street or in a garage. I would not plan on using the valet!Special Features:
- NYC in AlbanyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/14/2014It's hard to find a restaurant north of the Tappan Zee bridge that compares with the fine cuisine available in the city. Yono's comes as close as can be, with exotic flavors,an artistic menu and fabulous wines. This is the go-to place when a special experience is in order.Special Features:
- The entire experience at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/13/2014The entire experience at this place was top notch. Outstanding service and attention, super wine pairings by the sommelier. The seasonal menu was well executed. This is one of the best restaurants in upstate NY, and would more than hold its own in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant had greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/8/2014This restaurant had great service and amazing fresh raw oysters. The food was delicious. Great attention to detail. The ambience is a bit old fashioned, but classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bring a doggie bagCcomanDaveDined on 2/8/2014if you order the winter tasting, bring a doggie bag. not one for left overs, one with a hamburger from McDonalds. the full winter tasting dinner didn't equal a normal full appetizer. Two oysters, one scallop and two 1/4" thick lamb lollypops was the meal. I wanted to send the main plate back to the chef and ask if he was joking or if someone ate most of the plate on the way to the table but my wife doesn't like a scene.Special Features:
- What a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014I enjoyed everything about yono's from the wait staff to the atmosphere. Everything was great. It was def a romantic night. Will def be going back. The food was spectacularSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First class dining experienceRoadWarriorAZVIPDined on 1/6/2014It was a quiet night when I arrived, and I must admit, I felt like a queen. Garrett and Janelle both provided friendly and attentive, but not smothering, service, and the food was exceptional. The stand out for me was the Maine sea urchin "carbonara" which used the unctuousness of the sea urchin and used it as a sauce. It was minerally and brine-y and delicious. Always look forward to my visits here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special New Year's EveflarcusDined on 12/31/2013Thoroughly enjoyed this hidden gem, tucked away inside another restaurant in side a Hampton Inn downtown. Great little scallops "3-way" to start, and a nice 3 course prix fixe dinner. Wish we had more time to try toe 10 course tasting meal, but we only had 80 minutes before a concert. Service was outstanding. Fresh baked pretzel rolls were a nice touch.Special Features:
- Classy but mediocre foodJoecatDined on 12/13/2013Beautiful restaurant. Wonderful staff. Great wine list. Subpar food. I wanted this place to have the whole package. Scallops were mush. Duck nothing specialSpecial Features:
- Everyone has a bad nightnycapcplDined on 12/13/2013A bad night to enjoy a nice dinner for two. There was a very rauccus party in part of restuarant. Had to ask waiter to repeat what he was saying numerous times. In choosing wine I said we had ideas but were interested in thier opinion. We expected the sommelier to come to the table instead we were brought 2 glasses of wine supposedly suggested by the sommelier. More then 1 server attended to us, one did not realize we had finished the water and poured several ounces of our wine into a water glass before we could stop him. NOT the attentive service we were expecting. We're sure it was just a bad night but we were extremely disappointed. We looked forward to a fantastic night with superb service and we were let down. The food was very good.
- Excellent restaurant in AlbanyPaulDined on 12/11/2013Very good food and A+ service. Entrée was oversalted. Other than that, everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Pure ExcellenceCapitalDinerVIPDined on 11/26/2013People who knock Albany for it's lack of quality restaurants have never been to Yono's. This restaurant exceeds expectations all around. An warm, gracious service; a beautiful setting; an in depth wine list with many, many vintages; and food that looks as beautiful as it tastes delicious. We enjoyed it so much, we bought gift certificates for a few "foodies" in our family.Special Features:
- Grand TastingIshCDined on 11/20/2013The grand tasting menu was excellent each of the eight courses was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlawlessCapitalDinerVIPDined on 11/18/2013From the bottom to the top and the top to the bottom this is hands down the best restaurant in the area. We are continually impressed with all facets of the dining experience. The food, ambiance, service & wine list are second to none. We look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/13/2013We had not been to Yono's in a while and remeber we had a great experience the last time we went. It was our anniversary and we were not disappointed. All aspects of our dinnig experience were excellent. My only regret is that I had to share the Oysters with my husband. They were so delicious I could have eaten them all myself.Special Features:
- IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/12/2013I travel frequently and eat out all the time. Yono's is by far my favoriate restaurant. The service was impecible. The ambience perfect. The duck, was the best I have ever had. It had that crisp skin on the outside with a perfect medium interior, perfect temperature. Fantastic! Well done Yono's. My only regret? I rarely visit Albany!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMaddieDined on 11/11/2013Thank you for an absolutely wonderful experience! Everything was amazing and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.