Yonaka Modern Japanese
4983 W Flamingo Rd
Las Vegas, NV 89103Neighborhood:
Near the Strip
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Yonaka Modern Japanese
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yonakajapaneserestaurant.com/
- Phone: (702) 685-8358x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Happy Hour: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 6:30pm, 10:30pm - 12:00am
Dinner: Friday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
Happy Hour: Friday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 6:30pm, 11pm - 2:00am
Please note: Happy Hour is available only in the sushi bar & booth areas. Reservations are not available for Happy Hour diners.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Ramir Decastro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Yonaka Modern Japanese
Yonaka serves modern Japanese tapas and sushi, consisting of traditional Japanese food with complementing ingredients. We serve the highest quality foods, with most of our seafood being flown in from Japan. We also serve a fine selection of sake, beer & wine.Continued
Yonaka strives to introduce our guests to a new dining experience in Japanese cuisine.
Yonaka strives to introduce our guests to a new dining experience in Japanese cuisine.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Yonaka Modern Japanese - Best Restaurants in Near the Strip ›
Yonaka Modern Japanese reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (28)special occasion (15)late-night find (14)good for groups (10)hot spot (9)romantic (6)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Always SensationalBrooksDined on 9/13/2014Yonaka is an amazing find in Vegas! We have been going here for over a year and the food is always sensational and the service spectacular. The Toro we just had was the best ever. You cannot go wrong with all of the fresh fish, which isn't easy to find here in Vegas. If you try this place once, you will be hooked.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/9/2014we went there twice just this week - it was awesome! the barracuda was such a rare (and delicious!) find. all the fish is super fresh and all the preparations are unique and beautifully presented. very knowledgeable and helpful staff in describing different flavors and textures.Special Features:
- very nicehamster83Dined on 9/1/2014Secpnd time visiting. I was really satisfied and also my friends. But one thing I was not comfortable with was our server kept trying to upsell everything. Sugestion was only all expensive menu items. Other than that it was all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice take on Japanese fusionDeidreVIPDined on 8/29/2014This seems to be a local spot, so it wasn't as lively as I thought it would be at 10pm on a Friday night. Not to worry though!! I went here with my bf who's Japanese and we both really enjoyed ourselves. The execution of the fusion dishes was spot on and did not mask any of the traditional Japanese flavors, which are meant to be clean and simplistic. The presentation was beautiful and carefully crafted. The service was outstanding, attentive and informative. Everyone was very nice and accommodating. To get a better perspective of how much to order, we were a party of 2 and ordered: shisito peppers, konpa, sunomono, 2 pc eel, 2 pc wagyu, Fat Duck roll (omg so rich!), and tuna tataki which was on special. We were VERY full after eating! :)Special Features:
- excellentBubbaFett13Dined on 8/27/2014Creative and delicious dishes served by a friendly staff. Have enjoyed several great meals here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just the bestrmaris61Dined on 8/25/2014amazing fish, spectacular presentations, and off the strip but convenient. a WinnerSpecial Features:
- Not worth the hypeAJ79VIPDined on 8/21/2014We were really looking forward to this restaurant based on the reviews. Strong start as the salmon special app was excellent with just the right amount of orange. We quickly went downhill from there. Spicy tuna was fishy, octopus was salty and chewy, "Asian pillow" was a mixture of items that should NEVER go together and just simply did not work. Wagyu beef appetizer had a bad taste and did not remotely qualify as tender. Overall this meal was a total miss and a true disappointment.
- Great find off of the stripSonnyDined on 8/2/2014Omakase. 8 courses. Well-prepared, excellent pace, great ingredients, range of sauces and flavors. The service was great without being stuffy. Our waiter shifted from service to making drinks but everyone else picked up for him and didn't miss a beat. The general manager came over towards the end and had a nice conversation with us. We went to several restaurants on the strip and found this experience much more personal and delicious.Special Features:
- Outstanding experienceCook08Dined on 7/28/2014One of the best and most notable sushi experiences I have had. We had the 8 course tasting menu and would highly recommend to anyone. The sushi is unique, fresh and nicely plated. But the menu is way more than your basic sushi. You have to try it. A great place for foodies.Special Features:
- A Very Special Place!DavidDined on 7/25/2014This restaurant has been open for nearly 2 years/ I discovered it 2 weeks after opening and have not missed the opportunity to go there at least once on every business trip to Las Vegas. The chef is beyond creative, moderate prices and surely a gem of all gems in Las Vegas. NOT to be missed!!Special Features:
- So good.yumyumdinerDined on 7/19/2014The food here was exsquisite. The service was very courteous and polite, and very timely. Our drinks were always filled, and we were constantly checked on to make sure we were enjoying our meal. Overall, it was a great experience. I'd highly recommend taking the omakase pre set meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern Japanese CuisineThelmeenaVIPDined on 7/14/2014They are indeed very modern and simple in decor, but the food is not simple at all. The chefs here really push some boundaries and give you some well-executed creative dishes such as, foie gras nigiri (a must try) and tea smoked ribs. The dishes are tapas style and small but if you get there early enough for happy hour, they are totally worth it. Tip: We made reservations at 5:30pm and when we arrived, they informed us that happy hour is only for the bar area (which is first come first serve) and reserved tables cannot order off the happy hour menu. They were very kind and accommodated us in the happy hour section with just a reminder for next time about their policy. Also, don't skip dessert! The green tea brownie is amazing!Special Features:
- Absolutely DELICIOUSSamBeaAmeliaDined on 7/12/2014Got the OMAKASE to share and It was amazing! It Showed the chef's amazing talent. Lots of flavor and very unique. I will most definitely be back for more!Special Features:
- GREAT japanese food in LV? HERE!1246VIPDined on 7/3/2014We are huge fans of Monta & Raku & eat there frequently. We have just discovered Yonaka & it is our new favorite! It opened in January 2013 & 4 of us went to dinner this week & had 14 items between us & EVERYTHING was perfect! If you are a REAL foodie - you must try this place! We have dined all over the world, including Japan, at many of the Michelin restaurants searching for delicious, interesting, perfectly prepared food, & we are thrilled to find such an exceptional owner/chef here in LV. Try the happy hour, both early and late, for a truly great deal. The saki martinis are excellent, as are the outstanding desserts - & if you are a true food addict, you will love every bite. I saw a couple of poor reviews listed - ignore them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic service & foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/27/2014The restaurant is a hidden gem. The food is superb and inventive and extremely delicious. The waiter checked in at our table appropriately. Overall, this was a fantastic dining experience!Special Features:
- Fusion to the next levelGroopDined on 6/17/2014The menu is creative and filled with a twist here and there that might make u doubt - just dive in and enjoy - however be prepared to spend some time - won't be a quick in quick out dining experience - so just sit back and enjoy the ride.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experience1omakaseloverDined on 6/15/2014I chose Yonaka because of the positive reviews on Yelp but I was disappointed with both the service and the food. As someone who dines out at sushi restaurants often, "omakase" usually means a chef's choice of a variety of 12 - 14 pieces of different sushi. Here, it was a plate of sushi sliced from only 3 different kinds of fish which makes for a boring, uninventive meal. The fish also lacked flavor. When I questioned their definition of omakase, I was treated rudely by the waiter.
- tarasenwDined on 6/7/2014We enjoyed the meal very much. The food was simply fantastic. Service was great.Special Features:
- Great japanese food off the stripLudoSDined on 6/6/2014Excellent sashimi, great rolls. Small restaurant with a very cosy atmosphere. It is pretty far of the strip which makes it a nice escape from the "vegas baby" atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodAndraDined on 5/27/2014Found out about Yonaka searching online for top rated Las Vegas restaurants. The food is amazing. We ordered several Japanese style "tapas", and all of them are excellent. The waiters are very attentive and helpful. Michael was our waiter, and he recommended the Scottish salmon cold appetizer. It is delicious. They use citrus fruits in many sashimi dishes, and the combination is unique and very flavorful. All of the sushi and sashimi is extremely fresh. Highly recommend this place. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top notchjbalskiDined on 5/22/2014We had the sampler and every dish was awesome. Best meal I had this trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 94 reviews are from the Yonaka Modern Japanese reviews archive.
- absolutely amazinganoopsterDined on 5/16/2014On my annual Vegas trip where we splurge and try to eat at the best restaurants. Found this place on yelp with a top rating. Service was great with very knowledgeable staff and extremely friendly. We ordered the 10 course chef's special (which was too much for the 2 of us and better for 3). Each course was amazing and so creative. We will be coming back to this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014Can't believe this restaurant was on the Eater38! Great concept but poor execution. The best dish was the calamari. Very disappointing!
- AMAZING!!!SarahDined on 4/29/2014Please open Yonaka in NYC. I took my husband there for his birthday, with two friends. The experience was above and beyond what I was expecting. Unique combinations, flavors, presentation, ambiance...I will definitely be back there when I visit Vegas. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GEM for sushi and modern JapanesejudyVIPDined on 4/12/2014Very fresh and high quality sushi including fatty tuna, salmon and yellowtail. I highly recomend the chef's choice for sashimi - generous and beautifully presented sashimi plate. The wait staff are well trained and provide very good detail about each dish. Definitely worth getting AWAY from the din and crowds on the Strip, and enjoying such high quality food in a quiet and catering atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great gem off the stripFrancoisDined on 4/10/2014Found Yonaka through Open Table. The reviews were accurate! We ordered both the 7 & 9 course tasting menus. It was perfect for five. We each had a piece of everything. The deserts were incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was clean,wadeDined on 4/7/2014The restaurant was clean, service was very good and food was excellent. The dishes were creative, delicious and fresh. The only one piece of advice I'd give would be to provide for a full bar service. The beers, wine and sake selection was decent but an expanded bar selection of shochu, more sakes and liquor would be great.Special Features:
- Very interesting dishes...goDaveVIPDined on 4/2/2014Very interesting dishes...go with the 7plate special.Special Features:
- Nice welcome backskbinlvVIPDined on 3/27/2014I was invited back to the restaurant after a several month absence via a call. It was surprising but showed a level of caring and marketing effort that I appreciated. A couple weeks later when I came, the waiter said he recognized me from my first visit (7 months ago) and whether that was actually true or not, it was nice. We were also comped a couple of items as a goodwill gesture for something not having been real fresh the second time, which was much appreciated. Jax the Marketing Manager was warm and welcoming as usual and we had a nice chat. I am such a foodie and while I eat out constantly, there are so many restaurants in town to check out that I am not often a regular at any one place but Yonaka may well be on that small list now...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am glad I decided to celebrateChef0816Dined on 3/18/2014I am glad I decided to celebrate my birthday at Yonaka. Everything was perfect and we all enjoyed ourselves. Thank you Chef MichelleSpecial Features:
- Fantastic!CandiedshellVIPDined on 3/6/2014Their tasting menu is the way to go. Each plate was better than the next! Thank you one of the best meals I ever had the pleasure of eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic findDazoulVIPDined on 2/22/2014Food was delicious. Presentation was beautiful. Service was impeccable I rarely rave about an eatery but this was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous New Restaurant in LasVegasFoodieVIPDined on 2/22/2014All sushi lovers should try this restaurant at least once while visiting Las Vegas. It's only a few miles away from the strip and the food is fresh, delicious, and fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Japanese CuisineTHamVIPDined on 2/21/2014High points included the brussel sprouts and sake-orenji. However the sushi was disappointing. The rice was a bit too compressed and the fish was on the dry side. Would stick to the non-sushi dishes which were very creativeSpecial Features:
- Great Japanese off the stripBobSDined on 2/16/2014Each plate was beautiful to the eye and the equally rewarded your palate. Small plates with great balance. Delightful service with direct and helpful explanations when needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really, exceptional Japanese!Foudie1Dined on 2/15/2014We were looking for good Japanese and, knowing nothing about Las Vegas, turned to OpenTable for recommendations. We were pleased to find Yonaka. When we arrived we were a little worried to find the restaurant in a shopping center, but worries were quickly dispelled upon entering this great little restaurant. We were greeted warmly and soon were getting into one of the best Japanese meals we've ever enjoyed. We are not new to this genre, so can say with confidence you will be pleasantly surprised by this excellent food. Very highly recommended, we will return on next trip to Vegas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DayvegasdanDined on 2/14/2014Food was excellent will become a new spot in vegas for me and my friends. Customer service was off the hook. Every need was attended too. Great date place!Special Features:
- DclgolfsD1C2L3VIPDined on 2/10/2014What a great find a short drive from the strip. The food was outstanding with an imaginative mix of traditional Japanese and fresh fruits and vegetables. We were not familiar with "modern" Japanese but this was wonderful. All of the staff very very friendly and helpful. We will definitely be back on our next Vegas trip.
- Kudos!bigguyinpasadenaVIPDined on 2/9/2014Great high concept Japanese with outstanding sushi and small plates. They take their sake very seriously here and have a well chosen list of wines as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowGastronautDined on 2/8/2014This place is amazing and original. Go here before you go anywhere else. This was in the top 5 meals I've ever had and the service was excellent. The staff were all interested in providing a great dining experience. There are so many over the top places in Vegas and Yonaka is a breath of fresh air.Special Features: