Yonaka Modern Japanese
4983 W Flamingo Rd
Las Vegas, NV 89103Neighborhood:
Near the Strip
JapanesePrice: $31 to $50
Yonaka Modern Japanese
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yonakajapaneserestaurant.com/
- Phone: (702) 685-8358x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday and Sunday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Happy Hour: Monday - Thursday and Sunday: 5:00pm - 6:30pm, 10:30pm - 12:00am
Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
Happy Hour: Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 6:30pm, 11:00pm - 2:00am
Please note: Happy Hour is available only in the sushi bar & booth areas. Reservations are not available for Happy Hour diners.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Ramir Decastro
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Yonaka Modern Japanese
Yonaka serves modern Japanese tapas and sushi, consisting of traditional Japanese food with complementing ingredients. We serve the highest quality foods, with most of our seafood being flown in from Japan. We also serve a fine selection of sake, beer & wine.Continued
Yonaka strives to introduce our guests to a new dining experience in Japanese cuisine.
Yonaka strives to introduce our guests to a new dining experience in Japanese cuisine.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Yonaka Modern Japanese - Best Restaurants in Near the Strip ›
Yonaka Modern Japanese reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (33)neighborhood gem (28)special occasion (15)late-night find (14)hot spot (11)good for groups (9)romantic (7)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Innovative and CreativethebratDined on 8/10/2013I love the concept of this modern Japanese restaraunt. They are taking the whole Asian fusion to another level. They really know what each ingredient can bring to another to enhance each others flavors. I wish them much success and will definitely be back when I return to Vegas!Special Features:
- Went twice in a week!juliedan3Dined on 8/10/2013When you go to a restaurant and you really like it, and you go back a second time in the same week, we think that says it all ! And their happy hour 5 to 6:30 pm is a great draw card !
- 5 Star dining off the strip!RondafoodieDined on 8/4/2013I found this gem 2 miles from the Las Vegas strip in a quiet strip mall. As a experienced home chef, I appreciate great food, presentation, and ambiance at a reasonable price point, and Yonaka's delivered on all points within the two occasions that I dined there on the same weekend. The decor is sleek and classy. Service is attentive and the wait staff are knowledgeable. Complimentary starters were a nice touch as well as the warm hand towels. We had karrage from their happy hours menu, sushi rolls that were fresh, delicious and well presented, tea brined ribs that were fork tender, and celebrated two birthdays with complimentary desserts. All in all, both times the experiences were memorable for the great food, service, and ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting take on Japanese FusionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2013I loved kaki age, fried brussel sprouts, and all of the nigiri I had, but found that some of the modern twists on some of the menu items had flavor profiles that were odd - I guess they were odd in the sense that they were not familiar tastes to me. The service was good and the waiters were very familiar with flavors and ingredients of the dishes I ordered. However, the nigiri took longer to make than I expected. The waitress told me that the nigiri took more time to make because they cut the fish from the block (in order to keep the freshness intact). I was perfectly fine with this but when it took more than 25 minutes to get 7 pieces of nigiri, I was disappointed. For the price, I was expecting a little better. Still it's worth a revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a touristy placeAimeedangerDined on 7/27/2013This meal was fantastic... One of my top ten and definitely not in the top ten for price. This is not your typical Vegas tourist destination (not on the strip). Don't let the location deter you. It's also not your stereotypical sushi restaurant. Go with an open mind and try everything you can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as the ravesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2013We arrived for Happy Hour. A good idea to try this spot out. Everything on the menu looked interesting.The service was, at first very attentive, but that soon ended. The fusion dishes were very good, and the cooked food was interesting. The big problem though was that the sushi chef paid no attention at all to us, very bad for this kind of place. The major disappointment is that all of the traditional sushi dishes were not up to par. The rice was not made properly, the yellow tail roll was made improperly, and the nigiri was one piece. Of course it means two pieces but what can you say? Stick to the fusion, citrus stuff, and the cooked food. The pricing was good and the sake and beer at happy hour was great.Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2013Wonderful, creative cuisine accompanied by a pleasant and intimate ambiance and excellent service. Very reasonable prices as well. Just the kind of restaurant Las Vegas needs - not "fancy" but sophisticated, serving fresh ingredients put together in a thoughtful, creative way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and Delicious Food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2013My wife and I really enjoyed the food and the service. I am not easily impressed, but the food was fresh and delicious - both taste and presentation, and a very unique spin on Japanese cuisine. We had traditional sushi where each piece was very fresh and pre-seasoned (no need for soy sauce or wasabi) - the toro, uni and salmon belly melted in my mouth. They also had great deals at happy hour (5 to 6:30), where you could sample their menu items at discounted prices. I would definitely come back to visit, the next time I am in Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This sushi restaurant is offDaveDined on 6/27/2013This sushi restaurant is off the strip but well worth the trip. We dined omikase style where the chef selects your dishes and each and every dish was fantastic. Very fresh with variety of flavors, you get a well rounded variety of fish, beef, and seafood. A must see for sushi enthusiasts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but Pricey!FoodessVIPDined on 6/24/2013The price was very high for the amount of food received.Special Features:
- A Must for Locals &Tourists AlikeFerbdogDined on 6/16/2013Had a terrific Father’s Day dinner! You can spend $400 at NOBU or Sushi Samba, but the food won’t be any better than it is at Yonaka. Fascinating dishes with flavors bursting at every bite. Wonderful, warm and knowledgeable service. To top it off, they’ll arrange a cab to take you back to your hotel! So glad I tried Yonaka.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/12/2013This restaurant is one of the most unique restaurants in Las Vegas. Each time I have gone the service is wonderful (especially on the weekends). The servers and bussers are all very knowledgeable. Every dish I have had is amazing. I love the konpa! There is a menu of daily specials and the fresh fish is flown in daily. The waygu beef is also delicious. Everyone in our party agreed that the favorite dish of the night was the tuna with jalapeno on top of watermelon. They also make their sorbets on site. I have been to this restaurant 3 times and will continue to come back to try more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yonaka your socks off.BoneInPleaseVIPDined on 6/7/2013Food and service was amazing. Totally looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food off the strip.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/6/2013The 10 course omakase was a really good value for our party of 3. We loved the dishes and getting all the different ingredients in each bite. The decor is contemporary and open. An unexpected breath of fresh air off the strip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OVERRATEDOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/30/2013Weird music & sterile overly modern atmosphere. Waiter was unknowledgeable regarding Japanese cuisine. Fish was so-so quality at best. They try to disguise the sushi/sashimi with odd and very pungent sauces.
- A delicious, innovative bargainOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2013If you like modern decor, off-Strip prices, and Japanese dishes reimagined with the addition of Chinese and Thai flavors, this place is for you. A visit during happy hour netted my husband and me six small plates (which was actually too much food), two glasses of wine and a beer for about $65 after tax and tip. Unbelievable value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new restauranteatingoutDined on 5/10/2013My friend and I were looking for affordable sushi in Vegas and found this place on Yelp. It just opened a few weeks ago. I had the crunchy tuna hand roll from the happy hour menu (asked them to hold the spicy, and they obliged) and the 5-piece chef's selection. My friend had avocado nigiri, grilled edemame, and beet fries. They brought out complementary palate cleansers between courses (yummy). We shared 2 happy hour carafes of cold sake (which came in a really neat bottle) and the ringo lico for dessert (AMAZING!). Overall, we were impressed by the quality of the food and the well-balanced flavors. The service was outstanding. The only issue is that their vegetarian options are lacking, but hopefully they add some as they develop the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Japanese gemskmulterDined on 5/8/2013Our dinner at Yonaka was not only the best of our recent business trip to Vegas, but one of the best Japanese dining experiences any of our well-traveled group has ever enjoyed. This unique offering has only been open three months but it's an instant winner and, with one visit, our new favorite in town. These talented chefs have a fascinating menu that blends Asian and French flavors and methods with remarkably fresh, high quality ingredients. The prices are surprisingly reasonable - if these guys were on the Strip they'd have to charge Nobu prices. Not a weak spot in the meal (very rare) and we enjoyed all 14 dishes in degrees from very good to brilliant. Very eager to return and very hopeful they thrive in this offbeat location. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time and inspired foodChicagoDaveDined on 5/2/2013We had a mixed party of foodies and some "meat and potatoes only" folks, but everyone loved all the dishes, and agreed it was the best restaurant we visited on our trip.Special Features:
- An amazing gem away from allOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2013An amazing gem away from all the over-priced and ho-hum restaurants in Vegas. The food was inventive, immaginative and... incredibly delicious. The "Ikura to Uni" was my favorite. Staff was attentive and friendly. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Poetry for the PalateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013The food was exquisite. Lots of weird and wonderful taste sensations with nothing overpowering or overly complex. The high quality ingredients brought joy to the palate with delicious bursts of artfully balanced mmmm-inducing deliciousness. There are some pretty great restaurants in Vegas, but this one is so far my clear winner. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- This was one of the best experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013This was one of the best experiences I've had at a restaurant in a long time. The food was absolutely incredible! Atmosphere was amazing. We made reservations the day of and had never heard of Yonaka before but the entire night we could not stop talking about great the food and experience was! We will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Amazing food. Must havesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2013Amazing food. Must haves are SAKE Orenji and Fried Brussels Sprouts (could have eaten the entire platter by myself). Michael, our server, knowledgable, professional, and very personable. Next time want to try the Chet's Selection. I live here part of the year, so happy to find such excellent food off The Strip. I was blown away by our bill, what value for such yummy eats. Definitely worth a cab ride from The Strip if visiting. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013The food selection and quality was awesome. this is a must visit restaurant for anyone in Vegas.Special Features:
- Execellent yet not perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Everything was amazing good and exotic.......except the sushi. I would recommend ALL hot and cold plates, they are not something you could find in most of the japanese restaurant. However, we found that sushi rice was little too wet and the flavor are not up to our standard. Because it is fusion japanese food, they do try to put in a lot of flavor to the sushi, to us it overpowers the original sweetness of the fresh fish, and we prefer the clean original taste of sushi. All in all, yonaka is a good place, friendly customer service, clean environment food comes out fast, all hot and cold plates are yummy. I like the SAKE Orenji, fish with potatoes chips and fig, the crispy Brussels sprouts...etc I basically love all hot and cold plates.Special Features:
- I visited Yonaka recently,GumbyVIPDined on 3/31/2013I visited Yonaka recently, soon after they opened. The food was very good. They offer a nice variety of choices, all delicious and all at reasonable prices. The service tried hard, but needs a little practice. Would not stop me from returning. The manger was on the ball, handling herself very professionally. Yonaka is worth a visit.Special Features:
- At Yonaka we have enjoyedGiraffeDined on 3/28/2013At Yonaka we have enjoyed very imaginative and well executed dishes, nice decor, slightly nervous but well meaning service, and a weird retro sound tracks. Recommended mushroom Wakame soup with oyster, Brussels sprouts, Michitaki, a non-greasy and very good Kara age, grilled mackerel, and super Hamachi Kama. Not recommended the somewhat pedestrian nicoise with big eye tuna. Deserts: Original (& a bit overwhelming) chokoreto with mint, avocado, & lime.Highly recommended Ringo Lico with apple, grapefruit, kumquat, fennel, and pistachio . Apparently the menu changes, and the online version is not always up-to-date, but this place is a keeper! Bottom line with 3 beer and tea was less than a hundred dollars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try it, you'll like it.Max8Dined on 3/18/2013Very innovative fabulous tasting Japanese fusion. On the high side price wise but compared to strip spots, it is a bargain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic find!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2013Food was awesome!!! The brussel sprouts were incredible and I don't even like brussel sprouts. The staff and owners are fantastic. I highly recommend the drive from the strip. If you're looking for fantastic food, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- When we first walked in toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2013When we first walked in to the restuarant we were impressed by the decor....simple, mondern, and elegant. The food is good but does not make up for its flaws. Each dish has about 8 ingredients which overcomplicates the dish and also slows down the food from the kitchen. The product is of great quality but still felt overpriced for the establishment. We dined for almost two hours and stopped ordering food because we were tired of waiting for dishes. The bill was $60 per person before tip and I went home and cooked food because I was still hungry. If they simplified the food and lowered each dish by a few dollars I would go back.
- The food was excellent, theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/7/2013The food was excellent, the service was too attentive, and was the only drawback to the experience.Special Features:
- Awful service. Disappointed..OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/6/2013The waiters have no clue what they are doing. The service was awful. I could tell this was their first job waiting on people. They have absolutely no knowledge of what Japanese food is and they could not pronounce nor explain majority of the dishes on the menu!! Really?! Came by many times but never poured tea for us. They just keep bringing you large plates and excepted for us to move around everything on our table to make room for them to put dishes. All their dishes are very similar. No varieties. Sashimi with different fruits. The interior was very pretty but horrible service and management. Disppointed. I noted "celerating b'day" but no bday wishes or desert or nothing. I would NOT return nor recommend this place to anyone
- Off-Strip Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 3/6/2013I really hope that people start to find this new gem on West Flamingo, because the food is exquisite, the service is informed and attentive without being overbearing and the prices are low compared to similar cuisine and quality on the Strip (yes, I understand that you pay a premium for dining on the Strip, but those premiums are often insultingly high!) Do not miss the crispy brussels sprouts--some of the best I've had. Yonaka has a daily happy hour from 5-6:30 and a "reverse" happy hour from 11pm-2am, offering some of the best bang for your buck with their reduced prices on drinks, nibbles and beautifully sliced fish. I'm already thinking about returning and working my way through the rest of their menu.Special Features:
- Wonderful food, great serviceBaciBaciDined on 3/2/2013Wonderful food, great service with a personable touch. Presentation was fabulous.Special Features:
- Beautiful FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2013I love this restaurant for the unique offerings and incredible flavorful dishes they have. This is the #1 sushi restaurant in Vegas, hands down. From sashimi offerings to hot dishes, Yonaka has something for every taste, along with new adventures for those willing to take the ride.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried this place out as aOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/22/2013Tried this place out as a suggestion from the Urban Daddy site. Couldn't have been more pleased. The service was excellent, we sat at the sushi bar. The fish was so fresh and each made with its own special flavor. We had the Brussels sprouts which are to die for! We also had the Crudo and Sake Orenji, both were just amazing favors and textures. The sushi itself was also very good, all the fish were so fresh and delicious. We will be back very soon! Thank you Yonaka!Special Features:
- Just a walk in that turnedLVGUYVIPDined on 2/16/2013Just a walk in that turned in to great night,we will be back.Inventive menu and a excited staff who caresSpecial Features: