333 East Las Olas Boulevard
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.yolorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (954) 523-1000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch : Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Peter Boulukos
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: YOLO is available for private lunch meetings, dinners, cocktail receptions and other special events. We have a private room inside, private space on our beautifully landscaped patio, and a separate cocktail lounge which can be reserved.
- Cross Street: Las Olas Blvd. & SE 4th Ave
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet Parking is available at our front door. YOLO also provides RedCap, a very unique service that can provide a driver to drive you home in your own car after a evening of fun. Service can be reserved in advance, reserved through the onsite RedCap ambassador, or you can learn more at www.myredcap.com. There is a Parking Garage located directly behind the restaurant. There is plenty of metered parking on all of the side streets surrounding YOLO.
A word from YOLO
Owned and operated by the team behind the acclaimed River House and Tarpon Bend family of restaurants, YOLO (You Only Live Once) is Las Olas' new contemporary American restaurant and lounge. YOLO offers foodies and night owls an unbeatable mix of great dining and refreshing libations in a chic, unpretentious space. The deceptively simple menu boasts an eclectic array of dishes designed to please any palate, many borne from the restaurant's dramatic wood-burning grill. Guests can dine al fresco on the lush garden patio - complete with walk-up bar perfect for people watching - in the cozy dining room, featuring a bustling open kitchen , or sup on small plates in the candlelit lounge. Menu highlights include starters such as wild Mediterranean mussels and Asian-style crispy calamari; main plates including roasted salmon, Bourbon glazed pork chop and beef 2-ways. Beyond O Lounge and two bars, YOLO features a fabulous private room, perfect for business meetings and special occasions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
YOLO reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (114)vibrant bar scene (104)great for outdoor dining (90)good for groups (79)fit for foodies (62)neighborhood gem (58)special occasion (57)great for lunch (53)late-night find (45)romantic (35)great for brunch (23)notable wine list (19)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (7)Show More
- Good Friday's after workNiceDined on 11/13/2014Very good after work on Friday. Went with group after working and the bar had a nice amount of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/13/2014We went for lunch and sat at the bar. The bartenders were great and the food was good. The Yolo Chips are a must try! Overall the place has a great vibe and is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Really recommend this place if your looking for a romantic place to spend the evening with friends or even that special someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to come before a show!gatormomDined on 11/9/2014Looking for someplace special, we chose YOLO's. We were looking for that special place to go before heading over to the Broward Center for the Performing Arts. Great location. Great food! I ordered the salmon which came on its own oak plank. It was perfect. Out was served with a cold couscous, which was good but I would have preferred a hot side. I ordered a special dessert prior to arrival choir the birthday girl, and the hostess called prior to our arrival to confirm which dessert I wanted. She was totally surprised when it arrived. Ambiance was lovely, comfortable seating, great service. Wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceMarkDined on 11/8/2014YOLO never disappoints. Excellent food and staff. Always a pleasure to visitSpecial Features:
- Enjoying Yolo's Las Olas ambiencehollywoodgourmetDined on 11/8/2014Since the weather was lovely, we decided to sit outdoors. It is very inviting with a roaring fire nearby to take off the chill. Our service was excellent. My friend enjoyed her branzino and I enjoyed the cedar planked salmon. We both agreed this restaurant gives very good value for the price.Special Features:
- no Open Table credit givenOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/8/2014I checked In with a gentleman at front desk. Indicated it was an Open Table reservation. He didn't know how to process it so we waited for the hostess. I told her I wanted to check in and that I made my reservation through Open Table. She said ok. She seated us, we had a very nice lunch. There were 4 of us and 2 of us split the check. The next day I received an e-mail from Open Table asking about me being a no show. I responded that I honored my reservation. They supposedly looked into it and told me that they were correcting my account and apologized. They still HAVE NOT credited my account for this reservation. However, I am responding to this email asking about my experience. I am a little frustrated at this point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchJJJJDined on 11/7/2014Food was great. Always delicious. We sat outside. the outside seating is great. Great scene.Special Features:
- millertimenfldocDined on 11/6/2014Yolo was phenomenal. The calamari was the most flavorly prepared i have had anywhere. The chopped salad was the best I have had anywhere and the braised beef with mashed potatoes is award winning. The menu is very eclectic and we truly had a fine dining experience. Great choice on Las Olas when you're in Ft. Lauderdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overworked staffPaulDined on 11/6/2014This was my second time at Yolo. There were four of us. The food was still very good, but they did not have enough equipment or staff. We ordered 4 martini flights but we were told we could only have 2 as they only had 2 trees available to hold the flights on the table - really? The waiter was a nice guy and did the best he could but he had way too much to deal with which resulted in us breing told the specials at 100 miles an hour, wait for our drinks and then wait for main course. I was concerned that the waiter was going to collapse he was rushing around and sweating so much. The restaurant needs to increase waiter numbers significantly. I will probably not go back - at least for sometime, and would not recommend to friends at this time.
- I have been coming here for yearsBaroo142Dined on 11/6/2014Yolo.. besides being a name I love by is always awesome. . Great drinks. .. good and service with an awesome vibe and the prices are fair..... please bring yolo to nyc or north njSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YOLO hot spotTravelgemsVIPDined on 11/6/2014Great indoor outdoor dining spot. With a happening happy hour. Excellentc food and service. 2nd visit to FLL this year, and 2nd visit to YOLO. When we are back in FLL we will be back to YOLOSpecial Features:
- Super Inconsistent350lasolasplaceDined on 11/5/2014It is a shame that YOLO's is so inconsistent. I have had great meals and this past week the food was just ok and the service was HORRENDOUS. It is almost like a hit or miss to dine at YOLO's .I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it was...suzanneVIPDined on 11/2/2014We live on Las Olas Blvd. We always try to support the retail on our street. We've eaten at Yolo many times for brunch but it has not kept up with their original food standards. The wait staff was wonderful but the food was not. The first time I ordered pancakes there they were delicious, fluffy and tasty. Yesterday, they were flat, tasteless and seemed to have been on the steam plate just waiting for an order, as they were cold. My husband's omelet was also cold and tasteless. The only thing that was really good was the bottomless mimosa. We won't be returning any time soon. We do not recommend it for brunch anymore.Special Features:
- Rude hostessesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014Sara was the hostess who was very rude to us. I was celebrating a special occasion, my birthday, and had a reservation at 9pm for 7 people. Not all members of the party was present, so Sara found it necessary to cancel my reservation and place my guests and myself on a 75 mins waiting list. All members of the table arrived a few mins later and she still refused to seat us, but insisted that now I'm on a waiting list and there are other parties ahead of me. She was very rude and we waited over 90 mins to get seated. That definitely dampened the spirit. I'm very hesitant to re-visit YOLO after my last experience. Not good!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a night outDinerVIPDined on 11/1/2014if you want to watch all of the tacky people in South Florida on a Night out, this is a great place to people watch. It's a "scene" as much as Lauderdale allows for one. I waited 45 min past my reservation for a table. Food was very good as a plus-- but be willing to wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite loudOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014Restaurant food was ok, quite loud due to adjacent club, two different musics playing in restaurant. Ran out of popular item w/in the 1st hr per waiter. Really!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server tarnished a great nightjmethechefVIPDined on 10/30/2014Food great. As always. Our server had a weird sense of humor ( he thought he was funny) and that sort of ruined the entire experience. Sad because we only get here at most, once a year, and so looked forward to a night at YOLO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always SolidLove2eatoutVIPDined on 10/26/2014We eat dinner at Yolo quite often. It offers a trendy, comfortable, well designed atmosphere, with outdoor seating as well. There is a busy bar and the service is great. Love the salads, cedar planked salmon, steaks, and dessert. Good choice for groups or a date.Special Features:
- foodandwineDined on 10/26/2014We went to YOLO because of the favorable reviews. We asked for outdoor seating and were told that it would be a twenty minute wait. Within five minutes we were escorted to an outside table and noted that there were several empty tables nearby, but the inside dining room was almost empty. The service was excellent and our wine was good. The food was just OK but not great. A large pile of French fries arrived cold and a braise was just not braised enough. The food was just not good enough to justify the prices, we thought. The calamari appetizer was lost in sauce. However, the outdoor ambience was very pleasant. What YOLO is like late night we cannot say, but it may be best for drinks and snacks rather than good food experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place to dine for allHelenDined on 10/25/2014YOLO is an excellent place to dine for all types. For a romantic dinner, dinner with tthe family or for a special celebration. The menu choice is great for all even vegans. This time the cocktails were........great: monitor and cucumber cooler. We had 4 different types of cocktails and sampled all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent fun nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/25/2014very cool atmosphere with great food. A winner for a night out.Special Features:
- Fun GNOFungirlDined on 10/23/2014Fun night with the girls! Enjoyed the food and cocktails. Loved location. Walked to vibe for dancing after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as AlwaysJudiVIPDined on 10/21/2014Quality of food and service was excellent. THe new renovation, however, was not that noticeable. Had to ask what they did. Once pointed out we did notice the difference but overall it looked the same. But then we do go there for the good food.Special Features:
- Very nice spotFoodaholichDined on 10/18/2014The renovation is very nice, our waitress was great. The food was very delicious! And, fun people watching.Special Features:
- GREAT FINDNewark1011Dined on 10/17/2014Food was delicious..the recommendations by Lori (night 1) and Rachel (night 2) were on the money. Food, staff and management were excellent! Wish there was a Y.O.L.O. in New Jersey.Special Features:
- Oregon folk love itFrankandCVIPDined on 10/17/2014Michael our server was the best. The good especially my short ribs were moneySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasted the New MenuDebbVIPDined on 10/12/2014The brunch menu was limiting in thAt there was a choice of only one omelet It's brunch Noted for eggs The service was spotty at best due to the quiet season We hope this improves so we can return for brunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeS1969Dined on 10/11/2014Met friends for drinks here. It was outstanding. The fried calamari was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues as a Las Olas favorite.DrewVIPDined on 10/9/2014Great for outdoor lunch; terrific happy hour. Convenient valet parking; excellent staff that go out of their way to make every experience a pleasure. This is a personal favorite of mine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AAA+++JessyDined on 10/8/2014Wednesday Ladie nights is great. You pay $5 bucks and drink for free till 10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSFveganDined on 10/5/2014In this day and age, most restaurants are able to accommodate special requests. Apparently, not YOLO. What is strange is that they used to - I've been dining here since they opened - never was a problem before. One person in our group simply asked for a vegetable plate. She asked for veggies that were parts of other meals on the menu. They wouldn't offer some to her because the were "portioned out" for the other dishes. Really? Can't take a portion for another dish? Another member of our group simply wanted a bacon-free omelet. Couldn't do that either because the eggs were already mixed with the bacon. I guess YOLO is more like a fast food restaurant now. That's too bad - they used to be great.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceopalcalaVIPDined on 10/4/2014We come here a few times a year. Definitely make a reservation. The food is consistently good and so is the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experiencesawesomeVIPDined on 9/29/2014whether its as a couple or with clients or friends the meal and service is always wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Always on the bucket listawesomeVIPDined on 9/26/2014every time we go to Florida, that is the only place we make sure we have at least one meal at. The food is always good, and the service impeccable.Special Features:
- ideal for a celebration.ErnestoDined on 9/26/2014My wife and I enjoyed a beautiful evening celebrating our anniversary. Superb food. Reasonable wine list. Good service. Spectacular ambiance. A little bit noisy, however tolerable. I plan in visiting this excellent restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BartlawBartDined on 9/26/2014Got to dig a little to find a vegan/vegetarian choice but its there with the server's help (although he did misrepresent one item as having no bacon). Food was tasty, presented well, and just a great place for a business lunch.Special Features:
- Great spot for dinner with friendsVictorDined on 9/25/2014We had a great time, met by coincidence with some colleagues at the bar, stayed for 3 hours. The food is well above average for a place with a bar vibe like this. My friend lives in Seattle and he admitted that he had a Fort Lauderdale experience, different to what he'd get back home or anywhere else.Special Features:
- Great time and foodLuv2dineVIPDined on 9/21/2014This restaurant was amazing, from the moment we were greeted to the time we left, every staff member was a pleasure. The food was delicious, a must a starter, The cornbread skillet !!! It was amazing, as was the calamari ! This was a recommendation to us, and I will be recommending this restaurant to friends when the are visiting Fort Lauderdale! We will be back on the next trip thereSpecial Features:
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The service is impeccable. The water glasses are always full and wait time is impeccable. As a vegetarian it can be difficult to find a menu that caters to you. Their vegetarian option included Brussel Sprouts so that was a no go for me. The house salad and macaroni and cheese were good, however the french fries were not good at all. My boyfriend had the prime and he wasn't to impressed with it, but he did enjoy the calamari. Overall, a very good experience!Special Features: