9146 South Yale, Suite 100
Tulsa, OK 74137Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.yokozunasushi.com/
- Phone: 9186196271x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm,
Fridays - Saturdays: 11:00am - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Yokozuna Yale
Yokozuna Yale is an Asian restaurant and sushi bar located in Yale Village at 91st & Yale.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Yokozuna Yale - Best Restaurants in Tulsa ›
Yokozuna Yale reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (19)fit for foodies (16)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (11)special occasion (11)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (8)romantic (6)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Sushi is great!MandaBDined on 8/23/2014If you love sushi & you love guacamole, a must try is the El Guapo roll!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!joycecDined on 8/22/2014I accidentally ordered something I wouldn't have ordered, had I fully read the description. The Volcano Roll is actually heated. Had I known this I wouldn't have ordered it. The thought of "hot" sushi doesn't appeal to me. But let me tell you - this was the best accident I've ever had! This was the most delicious sushi experience I have ever had. Order the volcano roll! It's sweet, spicy, crunch, tasty and completely delicious. I can't wait to go order it AGAIN!!Special Features:
- medboyILVIPDined on 8/15/2014Really good food. Some inventive, unique rolls. Pleasant service. A bit overpriced though compared to other sushi restaurants in other cities I've been to with equal quality. They should do "half price sushi" for extended hours, not just a little discount from 3 to 6 p.m. on certain rolls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodpeddocDined on 8/15/2014They have such a great unique blend of flavors. We love the nutty Thai and the golden driller best. Always good service.Special Features:
- New to Sushibabydoll61299Dined on 8/8/2014I had only had sushi once before, and the server was very helpful. It was excellent food and service. Just a little loud otherwise perfect for dinning..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableLoveGreatFoodVIPDined on 8/5/2014Overall good experience. Good food. Good service. Nice atmosphere. I would return to this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ramen to die for.Ende4Dined on 7/26/2014Great modern food for adventurous foodies, and delicious staple items for their close minded friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, but....bugdocDined on 7/18/2014the food was excellent, as were the drinks, but our waitress was very slow and inattentive. several larger groups were served before us and we had to ask other servers where our waitress was a few times as our drinks were empty, no food, no pre-bus, etc...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional2foodiesDined on 6/13/2014We have been to Yokozuna twice and we're pleased both times with excellent service and great food. The spring rolls have a different taste than most and were delicious. The sushi is fantastic and our friends say the noodle were excellent. We love Yokozuna and will make it a neighborhood haunt for sure!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service problemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014I talked to the assistant manager about this issue and she did compensate me. The food took over 45 minutes to arrive at our table due to some problem with a "ticket in the kitchen" - according to our server. Then half the food came out; the other half about 15 minutes later. This was awkward with the guests we were dining with. Our bill was around $120 and the assistant manager gave us $30 gift certificate to encourage us to try the restaurant again.Special Features:
- Amazing blend of flavorspeddocDined on 6/1/2014They have the most unique blend of flavors of their special sushi rolls. The nutty Thai and el guapo are great. Don't miss the cho cho tenderloin appetizer.Special Features:
- Poor serviceVegashappyVIPDined on 5/24/2014Second time at South location and service is bad. 15 minutes before anyone got to table. Drinks ordered but never arrived. Sushi order unavailable after being sent to chef. Appetizers would arrive but we could not eat them while hot since No one had brought out any plates or utensils. This continued throughout the meal. Not impressed.
- Nice new addition to South TulsaDisappointedinTulsaDined on 5/21/2014Went to Yokozuna Yale for a quiet graduation dinner for my son. The sushi rolls we had as an appetizer were tasty and as we would expect. As it turns out, it was a good thing we HAD the appetizers, as the entree portions proved to be quite small. Not what one would expect for an expensive bowl of noodles. Service was attentive, but not overbearing. The coconut ice cream was simply the best I have ever tried. Overall, a good experience, but not great.
- The following 23 reviews are from the Yokozuna Yale reviews archive.
- Glad I make a reservation!AiiiDined on 5/11/2014I was glad I make a reservation here for mother since it was pack and the food was great as for the service 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be backscurtisDined on 5/10/2014We have been ITR regulars & have had great experiences there. HOWEVER, my wife wanted to go to Yokozuna for dinner and we will definitely be coming back. While it is closer to us than ITR, it certainly had the same energy level. The sushi was excellent and and the prices were right in line. We also liked the fact that they have a draw for happy hour and we will be coming in on a regular basis to check that out. While there are a couple of other sushi restaurants that are closer than ITR, Yokozuna had it all: location, energy, varied menu & price. Had we not made reservations, we would have had a 20-30 minute wait. We walked right to our table while getting glares from those who were waiting. Thanks for the great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YokozunaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014Table was ready immediately on arrival. Were greeted by server quickly but had to bring a cocktail 3 times before it was right. Appetizers took an extremely long time to get. Sushi did not look or taste fresh.Special Features:
- Great Place for SushiTnttownVIPDined on 5/7/2014We were excited when Yokozuna opened a south Tulsa location. They have some interesting non traditional rolls plus some entrees that will please the non sushi eater. It does get busy, so I would recommend reservations,Special Features:
- New HabitHungryDined on 5/3/2014They say old habits (going to the same sushi restaurant) are hard to break. Well Yokozuna broke our habit. Fresh and good variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi rolls!FoodiemomDined on 4/18/2014We had a volcano roll, rising sun, and dilly roll and all three were excellent. Had a fried rice bowl and a spicy chicken rice bowl, both very good. Sushi selections are fantastic but need more variety of entrees, too limited. Full bar and great cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy And Affordable!THEGMOMMADined on 4/15/2014I have eaten a couple of times at Yokozuna. Myself and my family REALLY LIKE IT! It has a pleasant and laid back atmosphere and the menu is affordable. Especially for those that would like to beat the dinner crowd and eat between 5:00-6:00 prices are even better! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to ALL! Oh! And the Sushi rolls are INCREDIBLE!!!!Special Features:
- AwesomeWillDined on 4/11/2014Nice place and I love the fact that I can book my reservation online!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- its goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/11/2014its really ExpensivE But The Food Its All Right.The Sushi Is Great Tho.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go to Yale locationImshakinDined on 4/11/2014We've eaten at the South Yale location 3 times since it's opening and must say that the food and service are not nearly as good. Our waiter on 2 out of 3 of our visits seemed mentally impaired - not sure what was going on with him as the restaurant was not busy at 5:45pm. In addition, he or the kitchen messed up our order...we didn't get what we ordered. We got the wrong beer and the wrong food. The quality of the food was also substandard. The beer was hot, the tacos I ordered were cold and dry, I had to ask for dipping sauces for the horsderves. I doubt that we will eat there again. I'd rather go downtown than eat at the south location again even though it's much more inconvenient than Yale.
- Date nightMondav03Dined on 4/11/2014The food was great. The only problem I had was the seating was pretty cramped. I almost felt like I was sitting at my neighbors table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchHollyLeighDined on 4/6/2014I had a great birthday lunch there with my family. At first they tried to fit us all in a booth, but I asked for a table in the loft and it was the perfect spot. Our server was a great sport about having to climb those stairs! :) We had a great time and the food was fantastic.Special Features:
- Great experience!KrisDined on 4/5/2014My husband and I had such a great experience at Yokozuna on Yale. The food (and cocktails) were amazing. Great service!Special Features:
- Food was awesome. Service was okOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2014The food was great. The service was ok but it is to be expected on the first month that they are open. The tables are to close together I felt like I was in the table's next to me conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice ambiance, decent sushimedboyILVIPDined on 4/4/2014Outo was my second time back to this location, and I was once again impressed with the ambiance. Very modern and comforting. The sushi was good but not out of this world.
- better, but not the bestanime1Dined on 4/4/2014Like most sushi restaurants, it takes a while to get your food. The fish was not as fresh as I am use to, but I usually eat fish by the coast, so I have a bias opinion. Their ramen was not up to par at all. I am a big ramen eater and wish there was a place in town that served "made from scratch" ramen. This was not.Special Features:
- Great DiningThepriceisrightDined on 3/30/2014The food was incredible. Our waitress was friendly but service was very slow. We had been there an hour before they took our food order. (However it was worth the wait). I think you were short staffed this night. On 'open table' it asked for special requests. I asked for a BOOTH. I don't think anyone had read my reservation or special request as they looked surprised when I mentioned that I had asked for a booth on open table. But overall I liked 'open table'and love this new trendy restaurant !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedUnimpressedBirthdayGirlDined on 3/29/2014I love Yokozuna downtown, so I was excited they opened a South Tulsa location. Sadly, I was very disappointed and unimpressed. The location is awkward and cramped. The open, high ceilings are aesthetically pleasing but create an atmosphere that is so loud you can hardly hear the person you're dining with. The food was good, but atmosphere and service, nope... I made a reservation using Open Table and was disappointed to discover our tale was one that sat right up against the bar. When we asked to be seated else where the hostess would not accommodate us and only after asking her a second time 20 min later, and some eye rolling on her part, did she finally move us. Unless you like loud, cramped sushi joints, I don't recommend this location.
- Delicious food. Smoked mahiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014Delicious food. Smoked mahi mahi tacos were outstanding. Only complaint us that it is way too noisy. Will come again.
- sushi qualityluvreservationsDined on 3/22/2014Varied menu with large variety of sushi to choose from. The rolls were as advertised and portions generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great start to a fun eveningKSRluvsgoodfoodDined on 3/22/2014Awesome dinner with friends! Great date location! So many great sushi rolls to choose from!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great new location!medboyILVIPDined on 3/21/2014I love the Yokozuna in the Blue Dome district. This is a nice addition for the south side of Tulsa. Really fun, upbeat, modern ambiance. Good service--they whisk away plates and wrappers and menus in a team fashion so flawlessly--and the sushi rolls are inventive and super tasty. Our waiter Price (or Brice?) was super friendly...and really handsome! ;-) Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Not even close to the originalsouthtulsaDined on 3/20/2014I live in south Tulsa but frequently go downtown for sushi at the original Yokazuna. So, I was thrilled to hear there would be a south location! I had high expectations and was very disappointed in the Yale location. The service was poor and slow. Our sushi was mediocre at best, which was the ultimate disappointment because I can put up with bad service if the food is high quality. I ordered my two usual rolls and they were messy, small, and had very little fish in the roll. The tempura was burnt and some pieces were tempura only and no shrimp. So disappointing... my best advice is to take the extr time and eat at the downtown location until south can get their act together.